[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Aaand I'm back!!! Since I haven't watched the episode yet, the recap's gotta have to wait for a bit! Sorry Sorry~!!! Edit: Since it's already very late where I live I don't think that I can recap today's episode after all... It would be like 3am when I'd finish watching the raw at all... I'm so sorryㅠㅠ but dramabeans recaps too so there won't be a void anyways... For tomorrow, it'll be an early recap! Maybe even live... oh well, dunno yet.

@laurahandayani Awww thank you! Hope you had/have a merry christmas too! I'm now home again and am continuously trying to load the video but my connection seems to be bad...ㅠㅠ 

@wateryroseapple I read before that they won't sell the sweaters... neither the umbrella nor bag. ㅠㅠ They are doing some giveaways tho on their facebook. But I think it's only for koreans. I tried entering one tho, haha. I want the sweater too...ㅠ

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rating for episode 15 is 16.3% with peak at 18.3% 

어제 15화 방송, 평균 16.3% 최고 18.3% 로 자체 최고 시청률 또다시 경신!
크리스마스날 온 가족이 응답해주셔서 감사합니다!

오늘 저녁에는 16화 '인생이란 아이러니 - Ⅰ'편으로 찾아갈게요.

Songs In Ep 15 Part 1

Ssireum(Korean Wrestling) Song -- Kim YeonJa >> Song While TK's Dad Is Wiping

Men(Boys) Bother Women(Girls) -- Moon JooRan >> Song While Trio Moms Were Eating

Sunset (Korean Kids Song) >> Song While DS's Mom Is Cooking

Dreamy World --- Song ShiHyeon(SiHyeon) >> Song While DS Saying Sorry To Her Mom

Though I Make A Poem With Tears --Lee SeungHwan >> Song While JH Seeing DS & TK Together

Songs In Ep 15 Part 2

Meaning Of You -- SanUlLim/SanWoolLim/SanUlRim (Mountain Echo) >> Song While JB Reads His Letter To MO

Dialogue Of Love--Lee JeongSeok & Jo GapKyung(GabGyeong) >> Song While JB Kissing MO (Coffee Kiss)

Like An Indian Doll -- NaMi >> DS and DR Danced To This Song

Video was already posted

Though the Day I Can Recall to Mind Comes--Hong SeongMin >> Song When TK Realized JH Likes DS

Speaking About The Wild Thing Song And TK's Dad Pitching ...

It seems to be the 1989 movie "Major League" is their reference.

"Wild Thing" is the song theme and nickname of the character Ricky Vaughn (played by Charlie Sheen) who has strong fastball pitches.

too many thoughts going on for me on this episode.. watched the raw, so some of the convo might be different than what I understand them to be..

I luv both JH and Taek..and even DR and SW.. their dynamics with DS is very well portrayed as those of siblings who can't possibly live a life without the other. They bicker and fight.. they eat together and hang around each others' homes like its their own.. and they support and make each other aware of the little and big things that happen between them -except when it comes to the "love" of their lives.. and that "love" will make their friendship even stronger or break them apart. But for me its the former. Coz this kids' bond of friendship are more than just that, they're more like family. And no amount of hardship or struggle can break apart a family.

I've always been a fan of characters who fall in luv without reservations.. unrequited at the most times they end up...but my heart is mostly set to those typical prickly guys who you tend to hate at the beginning of the show but makes you fall in luv with them the minute they start caring and falling for the lucky heroine. 

I don't intend to choose sides this time around though.. I've learned my lesson the hard way the past reply show and I can't even imagine how I survived that heartbreak. My bias is based solely on how the show portrays the characters. I luv all of them though becoz this group has a bond that's just perfect and their parents as well. To have that kind of love and care around you is the best thing in life..and so I can understand JH not comprising anything for his own "love".. his personality is the most unpredictable yet predictable kind among the kids.. I must admit that I want him to be the hubby for the sole fact that he's not attracting attention to himself but kind of always working in the shadows and doing stuff that he doesn't want any credit for. He does everything for everyone not becoz of any other reason or becoz he wants to get something out of them in return, but he does this sweet little things becoz its what his heart wants.. and it doesn’t matter to him if he gets recognized for it or not. He just does them becoz he’s happy doin’ them for the people he cares. I can’t count the many times that what he can’t say in words, he just let his actions speaks for itself. (and this not only apply to DS but to his family and friends as well)

And for me “Actions speaks louder than words” –though he really needs to verbalize what he feels sometimes coz I just want to choke those words out of him –if you all know what I mean. Hee. JH is the kind of guy that as a viewer makes your heart flutter and ache at the same time, becoz I know exactly how he feels, and you root for him to make a move and go after DS (he was making his move when he discovered that SW didn't like DS romantically though), but the scenarios going in his mind are the same ones that I have (at least in terms of not ruining a lifetime friendship -when he learned that Taek likes DS more than just as a friend). Not everyone finds expressing their feelings easy or having it come naturally. Taek and his Dad are among them… And JH is one of those people too -An emotional over-thinker at that, which makes his hard-to-read exterior reactions so hard to read by everyone around him but is so obvious to me as a viewer... becoz I know that hes got the soft gooey heart that melts my brain every time he looks like a stray puppy lost in the woods whenever he looks at Taek and DS having a good laugh or sweet moments.

IMO, JH is trying so hard not to care –but is failing miserably… he can’t help it -that he’s way beyond just liking DS as a friend. And he can’t stop his heart from falling in love with her more and more each day.. But he can at least lessen the pain of not being ‘with’ her by avoiding to care for her as much as his heart wants to. If Taek likes DS as much as he likes her, then for JH, its enough that he can still be friends with them both, and see her every day, as oppose to hurting one of them by going after DS when Taek already confessed that he likes her more than just a friend. JH cares for Taek as much as he cares for DS as a friend (and all the others too) so he wouldn’t want to hurt either one of them in any way.

BUT, now that we’re all guessing that Taek knows how JH feels about DS (yey and nay - more angst for the coming epi I suppose)… and When Taek saw JH smiling from ear to ear (like a crazy dude in-love like himself) –it probably surprised him more than anything that he was curious as to what made this stoic person giddy so he looked up to see what JH was looking at. And the realization and consequence of that scene is huge for both of our admirers. BECAUSE NOW, Taek will be on the same boat as JH. Would he be same type of guy like JH who gives in and not confess nor do anything so as not to ruin their lifelong friendship. or will he be more pro-active and competitive like he is with his first love. hmmmm. The party or pity-party begins. which one will it be for both of our players.

This brings me to the ‘romantic’ scenes that the show is giving us. I for one am not happy that they keep trolling us “again” with the hubby hunt. Becoz for all of us to see and ponder upon episode after episode, they keep giving us “this” hints that are in favor of one guy or the other –and could work both ways depending on how the viewer thinks or who the viewer prefers as the hubby. Believe me, I am done pondering a whole lot during the past reply show –so I know what an overthinking outside of the box feels –for real. (goat sound here) So I’m not gonna go there anymore. We can all assume that the clues pertains to just that one person, and you might have a good reasonable argument about it, but its not up to us –the hubby is whoever the show chooses to be- clues or no clues. We can second-guess (that’s the fun of it right) and argue all we want but the end game still will be that one guy the writers choose. So writer-nims, just please spare us the BS and just give us more romantic scenes that’s going somewhere or anywhere –right or left, I wouldn’t care anymore to who because I love both Taek and JH (ok. fine. I’m more biased for the latter. Lol) but either one will be a good hubby so take your pick so we enjoy their moments together as a couple and have fun with their sweet lovey-dovey moments. And while you’re at it, give us those OTP kisses too, you’ve already shown too many for Oppa JB-Mi Ok and SW-BR so is it too much to ask one for our OTP too. Its Christmas you know..

Hope you're all havin' a great one chingus. Happy holidays!

p.s. thank you to everyone recapping and screencapping. you're all appreciated though I can't tag each and everyone of you on this post. pls continue to do so and I thank you in advance.

Idk how helpful this is for anyone who is curious, but since our Shin PD has proven himself a man of detail in practically every respect of his shows, the close-ups of the books read by Bora and Mi-ok may be useful? 

Early in ep 15, when Bora is sitting with her mom as she irons the clothes, Bora is reading a book whose title loosely translates as "Our Sad Youth," while Mi-ok's book in the Secret Garden parody scene is "The Love that Can Be Shown (to Others) is Really Small." I feel like the former title is foreshadowing angst for uri Bora-yah, as she embarks on her studies.

On the other hand, I feel Mi-ok's book is related to Sunwoo's words about looking at someone's eyes to see who they love. I interpret it as the actions and words we utilize to convey our affection and appreciation for those we love, no matter how grand or thoughtful or impactful, does not fully convey the depth and richness with which we fully love and feel that love. Speaking specifically of our beloved characters, Taek saw the look in JH's eyes as he watched DS dance, and gains an inkling that JH might like DS as well. Similarly, Sunwoo is able to see from Taek's eyes how much he delights in just being around Deoksun. But those eyes are only the iceberg to what lies in the heart. Alternatively, maybe the book is talking about how Junghwan is only able to show a little of his love to Deoksun. 

EDIT: Wanted to add that "The love that can be shown is really small" can be applied to Sunwoo's mom and Taek's dad as well. Feels like they're still being very careful to respect the boundaries, and not letting on to each other or the people around them the mutual affection and attachment that is building between them. 

Of course, these are just my interpretations and I could be totally off-base and/or this may not be relevant at all. *goat sound* What do you guys think?? :)

I really like DR's mom.  I appreciate seeing another side of a mother, a mother who works outside of the home,  and how we see she's just as loving as the rest of the moms who stay home.  Both aspects of being a mother are equal, and both kind of mothers love their children. Speaking of DR, I loved him having more focus.  DS and DR's dynamic is really my favorite.  I'd totally ship it, but I think their friendship is just too amazing for romance to mess with it.  I love them as friends.  I really just love everyone as friends.  I liked seeing the gang all together again, without JH holding back.    This episode really went back to the heart of the show, and showed what I loved about it.

I also enjoyed Bora this episode a lot.  I'm still not too into SW/BR, but I'm starting to really like her as a character.  I like to see her smile and talk to people normally.  I  also liked how she showed she cared in her own way.  She doesn't have to be DS and DS doesn't have to be her either.   This is also related to DS going to college.  I know she's disappointed it doesn't look likely, but I think she could if she worked hard, but if she didn't... I know she'll find something else she can do.   

I could do without another hospital visit, but I liked what Taek did for the family.  You can really understand how much the friendship between these guys means each other, and why the romance aspect complicates matters so much.   

About The Actress Who Played Class President Song Hui/SongYi

She's Kwon EunSoo

http://t1.daumcdn.net/thumb/C216x216/?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile68.uf.daum.net%2Fimage%2F201B7D505126C7E3363B50http://t1.daumcdn.net/thumb/C137x199/?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile19.uf.daum.net%2Fimage%2F2477404254237B710BE26A

She played supporting roles in movies like Sunny, Masquerade and Hwayi: Monster Boy

She played one of the main characters of movie If You Were Me 4 and Wild Flowers.

She also played a supporting character in drama "Who Are You : School 2015"

http://40.media.tumblr.com/785bc94ad13193450ab99bcb1a40b4c5/tumblr_np5v4siDru1utkk41o1_500.jpghttps://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11189477_869888549757675_1769086738_n.jpg

Spoiler

[Spoilers] Reply 1988

dks.jpg

tv Report - Naver: 'Reply 1988', Park Bo Gum finds out Ryu Joon Yeol's affection for Hyeri

1. [+8,371, -109] Relieved that tomorrow is Saturday ㅜㅜ

2. [+7,057, -364] Ah Taek-ah. In the preview, did he fall asleep after his match?  Junghwan-ah, isn't it time for you to make your move as well?

3. [+6,428, -160] Do they only end up in the last episode?

4. [+5,087, -641] Jungpal-ah.. stop hesitating and confess your feelings tomorrow ㅠㅠ

5. [+3,041, -180] Waenyeol;;;;;;;

6. [+1,979, -26] Ryu Joon Yeol and Park Bo Gum's gazes are no jokeㅋㅋㅋㅋ Their eyes convey so much emotions without saying anything

7. [+2,055, -67] Taek's eyes when he was examining Junghwan.... Wow. Park Bo Gum's such a good actor

8. [+2,701, -342] What are they doing? This isn't even a 30-episode drama. Can't they just let us know whether it's Taek or Junghwan who is the husband? It's getting repetitive ㅋㅋㅋㅋ And as if the drama's called 'Reply General Hospital'. Someone is always sick. Why not perform exorcism while they're at it? Ssangmun-dong's Feng Shui seems bad

Nate
1. [+1,255, -42] Taek's now gonna start earnestly pursuing Deoksun. His expression completely changed. His competitiveness has awaken. I hope Taek and Junghwan won't get hurt ㅠㅠ

2. [+1,077, -47] Park Bo Gum's doing such a good job as Taek.. He's amazing at expressing emotions through his eyes

fdjs.jpg

Mydaily - Nate: 'Reply 1988', Ryu Hye Young ♥ Go Kyung Pyo to break up? 

1. [+729, -21] If Bora's easily gonna break up, she wouldn't have accepted Sunwoo's confession in the first place. She will decide carefully

2. [+682, -20] I'm guessing she will ask him to wait.. I don't think they're breaking up

3. [+553, -18] Even if they break up, they'll get back together after Bora passes her bar exam

4. [+71, -4] I have a feeling that Bora's a lawyer in the present day and Sunwoo's a prosecutor. He too will eventually take the bar exam

hn1.jpg

News1 - Daum: 'Reply 1988', Ahn Jae Hong♥ Lee Minji, parody of Secret Garden's foam kiss

1. [+1,177, -75] I thought it was so random of Jung Bong to wear a training gear. And then, when Man Ok came in wearing a yellow shirt and beanie, I was like "no way"... And then the foam... ㅋㅋ

2. [+799, -43] I burst out laughing during this sceneㅋㅋㅋ Bongvely in a training gear reminded me of Hyun Bin but then I got so flustered when they got their Vienna coffees ㅠㅜ

3. [+578, -45] Bongvely ㅋFrom the raining gear to the beanie, Reply's so attentive to details ㅋ Jung Bong is really my favorite character ㅋ The episodes are cancelled next week

4. [+348, -28] Who would kiss at a coffee shop in that year? The writers are reaching ㅠㅠ

5. [+326, -22] What's this? Isn't this too much of a stretch? It was honestly awkward to watch. Who would dare to kiss at a coffee shop in those days? Writer-nim, are you feeling sick somewhere?

fdsa.jpg

Newsen - Nate: Lonely Lee Dong Hwi in tears after realizing his mom's love for him 

1. [+901, -6] Dongryong-ah ㅠㅠDon't be lonely. You are Ssangmundong's mascot

2. [+818, -10] She raised 5 sons while working. It was so touching seeing the mom take care of Dongryong, it got me all choked up. His brothers' names are Daeryong, Soryong, Geumryong and Eunryong

3. [+766, -12] Others are having a hard time choosing between Junghwan and Taek but my type is DongyongnyongㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋHe's super charming ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋHe is the best counsellor to his friends. He might be a prankster and a bit immature at times but he's a maknae who just wants his mom's affectionㅋㅋㅋ He's so cute

h55.jpg

Mydaily - Nate: Hyeri breaks down in tears in front of Lee Il Hwa after the counselling session "Mom, I'm sorry"

1. [+785, -40] Hyeri's acting was so good when she said "Why are you calling me Deoksun? Mom, have you given up on me?". Even I was tearing up

2. [+732, -22] The class president seatmate will help her! Although Soo Yooee doesn't have luck in her studies, she has lots of friends ㅠㅠ She'll certainly get into university!

3. [+62, -1] Mom didn't give up on her. She knows she's putting too much stress on her daughter by calling her 'Soo Yeon' which is why she's back to calling her 'Deoksun'. Mom didn't know she's been so consumed with greed until she realizes her daughter's been having a hard time.... But Deoksun's such a nice daughter and she won't disappoint her mom. She will get into university for sure

-

Credits : Kkuljaem

Rising stars of 2015!!

Spoiler

Rising stars to look forward to in 2015

20151225070211239irfz.jpg
Ryu Jun Yeol, Park Bogum, Lee Dong Hwi

20151225070213333hlhd.jpg
Seolhyun, Hyeri, Lee Sung Kyung

Article: 2015 rising stars, 'a brighter tomorrow than today~'

Source: TV Daily via Daum

1. [+520, -100] Why Lee Sung Kyung? I don't know why she's on the list, not like she ever landed any leads. Because she's in YG?

2. [+439, -105] Definitely agree with Hyeri lately~

3. [+314, -55] Ryu Jun Yeol isn't even that handsome but~~ hul~~ my friends are going to love this news. Not like you act using your looks anyway.

4. [+190, -66] I think everyone's wondering why Seolhyun is getting all this support

5. [+154, -37] I agree with most of the others on the list... but why Seolhyun? She's out of this world when it comes to her agency media playing her, and she doesn't have a representative movie or drama to her name... ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+103, -15] More than anything, I'm glad that stars with more unique looks and features are receiving love nowadays

7. [+81, -16] I agree with Hyeri. She's one of the few celebrities who has tons of aegyo and works really hard at everything.

8. [+37, -5] Park Bogum, fighting!!! ^^

9. [+31, -3] Hyeri managed to get popular by showing off her charms and following up with good acting but some of the others on this list are media play. When did Seolhyun ever get attention for her good acting? For her looks? For her singing? For her variety skills? She has nothing to show for other than a forced 'second Suzy' image made out of media play.

10. [+23, -7] The rest of them are pretty much reading out of a book compared to Hyeri's level of acting

-

4/6 from the list are part of Reply'88 :lol:

Credits: Netizenbuzz

32 minutes ago, Leena Dramasaranger said:

8. [+2,701, -342] What are they doing? This isn't even a 30-episode drama. Can't they just let us know whether it's Taek or Junghwan who is the husband? It's getting repetitive ㅋㅋㅋㅋ And as if the drama's called 'Reply General Hospital'. Someone is always sick. Why not perform exorcism while they're at it? Ssangmun-dong's Feng Shui seems bad

Credits : Kkuljaem

Omg witty knetizen comments crack me up all the time. I agree the feng-shui of ssangmun-dong seems to be quite unlucky LOOOOL i can imagine Jung Bong being the one to come up with this bad feng shui idea and rearranging everyone's furniture~~

41 minutes ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

Omg witty knetizen comments crack me up all the time. I agree the feng-shui of ssangmun-dong seems to be quite unlucky LOOOOL i can imagine Jung Bong being the one to come up with this bad feng shui idea and rearranging everyone's furniture~~

It's the fault in their stairs :)))

predictions for ep 16:

-SW realizes BR has more important things to focus on, he might pull away, BR feels sad and lonely alone, and her relationship with her dad is repaired as she receives a present from him when she is living alone

-TK will confess to DS, and JH will know about it

-DS will reject TK, realize her feelings for JH, but JH thinks he has lost the game already because TK confessed first

-JH will confess at the end of the episode, DS has a stunned look, then PREVIEW (2 week wait torture for DS's reaction ensues)

...but then again who knows how they will surprise us

Archived