[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

For me Teak not boring and interesting . He has good looking second leader but hides aggressive darkness in himself

compare sceond leaders in R97 ,94 Teak has important more than them  Air time and his story 

First part I satisfied but concern about sceond part cause love story 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, syer_87 said:

I notice this forum more about the main OTP. But for me I crazy inlove with Sunwo-Bora. Both character and also the actor itself.

This is the first time I watch both actor act and Im impress. I had try to googling about Sunwo and Bora but get nothing much, maybe they dont have much project. Is there any blog or thread that I can look at? Link maybe. I ship this two so much..hehe..even for reallife.

sorry to cut and THANK YOU for the translation!!!!!!

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-025.gif

i search it everywhere but unfortunately i cannot found the translation

you are not alone chingu.....I personally like Bora >>>>>>>> Deoksun

as the character Bora and as Ryu Hye Young as well as Sunwoo and Ko Gyung Pyo

and i ship BR+SW >>>>> DS+husband 

right now what i want is the touching scene between Bora n Deoksuk....Bora and mom too...

because we only know that only mom and Sunwoo believe Bora is warmhearted person

Guest kdramaobsessed_sara
41 minutes ago, melissala said:

My problem with Bora is I wish I could see her "fierce" side protecting people she loves and not terrorizing them. You did see her protecting JB from the bully, but that's not really enough for me.  The scene with her mom in the rain when she's getting arrested also didn't move me because her mom seemed to be an enabler to her terrible behavior.  I had a big sister too growing up and we fought and stuff, and the sharing clothes thing was funny and true to life, but man... my sister never treated me like that.  I want to know why she acts like she does, even if she's softening up now. 

@kdramaobsessed_sara

I didn't think that advice worked from her either.  She's given both attention and new things all the time.  You can tell her wardrobe is so much bigger than Deok-Sun's, and she got new glasses just because she wanted them despite her family having no money.  She can't possibly understand what DR is feeling. 

Hear, hear. :lol:

If PDnim could show us why she was bitching out everyone and why she suddenly softened up (I hope the reason's not just SW), I'd have no problem believing BR's soft side.

If the production team is filming outdoor scenes of ep14, they must have finished set scenes of almost ep20. When I see old photos again, I found the bts photos which were released before the broadcasting began were from ep 8~9. And you know the director Shin is very detailed person. Nothing is meaningless in this 'Reply' world. So it takes very long time to prepare stuffs. The scriptbook should have been out very early.

Whenever I see Taek sleeping, my heart aches. He can't sleep without pill, never turn out light when sleeps by himself. But whenever he sleeps with boys, it's Taek who falls asleep the fastest and he sleeps very tight. It makes me feel both heart warmed and heartache. At preview of ep11, Deoksun is sleeping at Taek's room. I don't know what's going on, but the dark room was very impressive.

The manito game (secret santa) the person who picked it gets to see the heart of the person on the memo. Deoksun learned Junghwan's feeling (That he likes her) and Junghwan heard how Taek feels, and soon Taek will see how Deoksun's heart is.

Sunwoo and Taek will get the exemption from military service, because Sunwoo is the head of a family and Taek is due to the lack of school career. Also Jung Bong oppa must have gotten exemption already too due to his health problem. So by the year 1994, Sunwoo graduates university unless he goes to medical or law school. Junghwan and Dongryong will discharge and return to the college. (I guess the story will restart from the scene Junghwan returns.)

Trash oppa of R1994 has already finished filming of his cameo appearance in R1988. I don't know who else will appear. He is same age as Ssangmoon alley kids.

My excuse for Bora:
She showed wild and violent sides a lot at ep 1~2. But at the reflecting scenes of Sunwoo at ep6, she was a kind person who laughs a lot. I guess Bora in ep1~2 were the image from Deoksun's point of view.

And I don't think Junghwan's screen time will be less than Taek. The Ssangmoon alley is a set, not a real street. And Junghwan & Deoksun live at the same house, they can show many interactions in the house and the alley. Taek is who is absent always, so they need to film outdoor scene a lot. So the witness accounts are posted more. So far, Junghwan's growing feeling is very well described, while Taek's feeling wasn't shown that detailed. just skip skip. (Well, it's a destiny of 2nd lead)

I don't think Deoksun will go to college. Olympic picket girl is a big career. The picket girl of Madagascar was a real story.
http://file2.instiz.net/data/file2/2015/11/11/5/c/b/5cb2b294a4a81d1c01518ac3315b0590.jpg
She was a highschool girl, she practiced for many months, but she couldn't join the opening because Madagascar didn't come. And she really did the TV interview crying. Later she could join the wrestling awarding which Korea won gold. And it seems she became a flight attendant. (I imagine Deoksun works for airlines and meets Taek again at the plane.) Or she can be a celebrity. Actress Lee Mi Yeon, future role of Deoksun, same age as her, made her debut through Miss Lotte contest.

Did you see, the Chinese hotel boy Jang Pyo in ep9, wasn't he too impressive to be a minor role? I imagine that he becomes very important person and will help Deoksun later.

The latest BTS video was so fun, especially Sunwoo-Bora scenes. I know they are close friends in real life. (even their nickname in the college is 'twins') Their conversation was so good to see. GGP complains that Sunwoo is too nice, so he doesn't appeal much to Bora. Then Hyeyoung answered, "I like nice guy.", GGP asks, "With whose mind are you answering?" Hyeyoung answered brightly, 'Hyeyoung!" (How cute she is in real life.)  GGP is focused a lot into his role Sunwoo, while Hyeyoung shows a different (sweet&cute) side behind the camera.
I found this is the first time that I see a proper conversation by the actors in BTS videos. You know most of the BTS scenes were just play tricks on each other, all playful actions, such as dance, imitating, hugging and pushing. And 60% of their conversation was scream or laughing sound. :)

add: It was impressive that Taek remembers every tiny thing regarding Deoksun. As Dong Ryong said, he remembers what he wants to remember only. He forgot the appointment with friends to go movie, but he did go to the movie with Deoksun after working two nights overnight. (Although he slept for the movie time) He remembered exactly that he wounded his forehead at 9, sewed 5 stitches.

9 minutes ago, kdramaobsessed_sara said:

Hear, hear. :lol:

If PDnim could show us why she was bitching out everyone and why she suddenly softened up (I hope the reason's not just SW), I'd have no problem believing BR's soft side.

THIS!!

if only PDnim show us whyyyyyyy Bora is like that...whyyyy.....i seriously think Bora is not that bad...if there is no scene for that then i still like Bora more that deoksun....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :grimace::grimace:

Guest Trinh Vu
29 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

sorry to cut and THANK YOU for the translation!!!!!!

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-025.gif

i search it everywhere but unfortunately i cannot found the translation

you are not alone chingu.....I personally like Bora >>>>>>>> Deoksun

as the character Bora and as Ryu Hye Young as well as Sunwoo and Ko Gyung Pyo

and i ship BR+SW >>>>> DS+husband 

right now what i want is the touching scene between Bora n Deoksuk....Bora and mom too...

because we only know that only mom and Sunwoo believe Bora is warmhearted person

Yeah hi5 chingu, im totally crazy by Sunwoo and Bora, srly now im not interested in finding the husband anymore, i just want to see more sence of Bora and Sunwoo, and my favorite female character now are Bora and JJ ha ha. Please PD nim can you give us more Bora and Sunwoo moment

Just now, blue_angel_1004 said:

I'm not sure if others are interested, but I always find background information interesting!

1. Sung Dong Il is a banker at Hanil Bank. Hanil Bank is one of the banks that failed during the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997. It does merge with another bank, and gets renamed as Hanvit Bank. But during the restructuring, many people lost their jobs. Due to the ageism in Korea and the fact that at his age, Dong Il is still just an assistant manager, it's almost a guarantee that he'll be one of the people to be laid off when this happens.

2. Sung Kyun is a franchise owner of a Goldstar store. Goldstar merges with Lucky Chemical in the mid 90s and becomes renamed LG. Granted LG is much more successful than Goldstar was in the past, but I tried to do some research to find out how franchise owners fared immediately after the merger, and most people say that the merger didn't negatively affect most people. It is predicted that as long as Sung Kyun doesn't do anything stupid like buy doomed stocks, the Kim family should come out fine from the merger.

Thanks for that! I've always wondered what their jobs were. I'm scared for the later eps as it'll draw closer to the AFC years, and I wonder how it will affect the families, couple relationships and their careers. 

Also I didn't manage to catch this in the earlier episodes but does anyone know how Sunwoo's father passed away? 

Taek  for me is like a person with double personality... and to my liking i love seeing the darker taek... so sexy.. 

Remember during beach scene when he protected deok sun, he look back at those man with glaring stare. And the elevetaor scene , his serious face n no one dare to talk to him. Just that the writer didnt show it to us how was it when he got mad.. but imo , if he knows ds like jh n not him, idk i think he will be competitive n protective on her. I want to see taek confess to ds.

In the ep11 preview, i think the face each other is just trolling. Ds slept at taeks room.

And i feel something going to happen between them instead of jh-ds. He does look sad in the preview.. it could be that he heard ds mention jh name in her sleep.. so thats how taek discover ds feeling.

13 minutes ago, Trinh Vu said:

Yeah hi5 chingu, im totally crazy by Sunwoo and Bora, srly now im not interested in finding the husband anymore, i just want to see more sence of Bora and Sunwoo, and my favorite female character now are Bora and JJ ha ha. Please PD nim can you give us more Bora and Sunwoo moment

yeahhhhh....me too!! be it taek or junghwan i dont mind as long as bora still with sunwoo....hahahaha

About Bora, her personality changed and softened after she saw her mother crying and pleading for her the night when 2 officers trying to take her away to the police station. she also said one "taboo" word for the first time in her life "I was wrong. i was wrong..". Later on we saw another caring side of her when she drove SW's mom to visit Jin-joo.

So from my pov, Bora softened herself, all because she realized that she's not always 100% right.

I don't know if anyone else posted this already, but I found this on the tvn webpage about episode 11:

미란, 일화, 선영은 고3이 되는 아이들의 점을 보기 위해 용하다는 점집을 찾아간다.

서로의 마음을 확인한 선우, 보라는 비밀데이트를 시작한다.

한편, 택의 마음을 알게 된 정환은 함께 있는 둘의 모습에 자꾸 신경 쓰이고,
택은 이런 사실을 모른 채 덕선에게 천천히 다가간다. 

Translation:

"JH, DS, and SW's moms go to a fortune teller to find out the fortunes of their children, who are entering their third year of high school.

After affirming their romantic feelings for each other, SW and BR begin to secretly date.

On the other hand, after finding out about TK's feelings for DS, seeing the two together gets on JH's nerves and makes him feel annoyed/irritable. Not knowing JH's predicament, TK slowly begins to approach DS."

The title of this episode is '세가지 예언' (three prophecies/fortunes). The last part about Taek is kind of creepy. Imagine someone 'slowly beginning to approach you,' lol. Also, because they said that TK didn't know about JH's situation, I think that he may not have been looking at JH because he somehow knew that he liked DS, it was just a coincidence. Unless, of course, they were trying to troll us.

35 minutes ago, namupeach said:

In the ep11 preview, i think the face each other is just trolling. Ds slept at taeks room.

And i feel something going to happen between them instead of jh-ds. He does look sad in the preview.. it could be that he heard ds mention jh name in her sleep.. so thats how taek discover ds feeling.

@namupeach I love your theory!!! IMO, it is totally genius!!!! 

Watching episode 10 (finally have free time!! lol) and just realised that the french film DS and her brother were watching is called La Boum. 

It's a funny conciendence since there's a Kpop group called "Laboum" and they recently released an 80's influenced track, and there's a member that looks like Hyeri haha. 

https://youtu.be/s-d-P9bKp68

It's true that Bora is a scary person and sister, but DS isn't exactly a blameless victim. DS has quite a tongue on her and always, and I mean always, talks back to Bora, which forces Bora to assert her dominance as the older sister. The manner in which DS talks back to Bora is impossible to translate into English and instead has to be explained, but let's just say that using the casual form of the word "you" when addressing an older sibling is very disrespectful and will get you a deserved smack in the face in most Korean families, and doing so against a parent is enough to get you kicked out of the family. And DS has spoken to Bora in such a manner many, many times throughout the show. She's courageous for sure, albeit slightly crazy. :)

14 minutes ago, brose_stv said:

It's true that Bora is a scary person and sister, but DS isn't exactly a blameless victim. DS has quite a tongue on her and always, and I mean always, talks back to Bora, which forces Bora to assert her dominance as the older sister. The manner in which DS talks back to Bora is impossible to translate into English and instead has to be explained, but let's just say that using the casual form of the word "you" when addressing an older sibling is very disrespectful and will get you a deserved smack in the face in most Korean families, and doing so against a parent is enough to get you kicked out of the family. And DS has spoken to Bora in such a manner many, many times throughout the show. She's courageous for sure, albeit slightly crazy. :)

agree with you about deoksun talk back in disrespect tone or casual form toward bora....and about the jacket...even bora also agree with barter system with her dress yet she did not obey the agreement i found it as nothing much since deoksun also like to wear bora things without bora known..even take bora sewing set and give to sunwoo to borrow without asking her first.... :grimace:

1 hour ago, saturn. said:

The latest BTS video was so fun, especially Sunwoo-Bora scenes. I know they are close friends in real life. (even their nickname in the college is 'twins') Their conversation was so good to see. GGP complains that Sunwoo is too nice, so he doesn't appeal much to Bora. Then Hyeyoung answered, "I like nice guy.", GGP asks, "With whose mind are you answering?" Hyeyoung answered brightly, 'Hyeyoung!" (How cute she is in real life.)  GGP is focused a lot into his role Sunwoo, while Hyeyoung shows a different (sweet&cute) side behind the camera.
I found this is the first time that I see a proper conversation by the actors in BTS videos. You know most of the BTS scenes were just play tricks on each other, all playful actions, such as dance, imitating, hugging and pushing. And 60% of their conversation was scream or laughing sound.

I really enjoyed watching their BTS, but I couldn't understand a thing! So thank you for translating this part of their conversation. They look so relaxed with each other. They are so cute in real life haha.

(Also with my limited korean, RHY seems to be saying "romaentik haji" What does "haji" mean? :))
e854nn.gif

zJEbGD.gif

1 hour ago, saturn. said:

My excuse for Bora:
She showed wild and violent sides a lot at ep 1~2. But at the reflecting scenes of Sunwoo at ep6, she was a kind person who laughs a lot. I guess Bora in ep1~2 were the image from Deoksun's point of view.

I found this is the first time that I see a proper conversation by the actors in BTS videos. You know most of the BTS scenes were just play tricks on each other, all playful actions, such as dance, imitating, hugging and pushing. And 60% of their conversation was scream or laughing sound. :)

sorry for cutting the post... =)

thanks for the translation!!...im dying to know what they r talking about....n i love your theory about Bora from Deoksun POV!!

Archived