[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

18 minutes ago, meguna said:

I've just watched the subbed episodes with my friend and something stuck to my mind. DS's mom said that TK is scary when he's angry and I was wondering if she was just assuming it or maybe they have seen him mad. I actually want to see that, maybe he'll be upset about something in the coming episodes and bursts out, surprising his friends and even more if he then smokes in front of them to calm himself (or maybe to just one like DR or SW or even JH) I think that will totally make them see him differently.

Can you point out the episode and approximate time of that scene? I don't remember anything like that while watching the raw episodes so it might be a case of me not paying attention or it might be inaccurate translations. I'd be happy to confirm if the subtitles are accurate or not.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pororo1234567 said:

Just watched EP 9 with subs, and all I can say is I'm close in believing that its JH, present DS and husband talking bout the picture, DS asked when it is husband said January 1989 and DS said how did he know and husband said its written below, out of two pics, JH-DS pic have a date below, its January 11, 1989.

Yes, it is maybe the key clue of who the husband of DS. But, how about the picture of DS and Taek? I still don't get the clue from the picture? is there the right date or month in that picture also? 

1 hour ago, ihate0ni0ns said:

@meguna I thought the match in China happened around Jan '89 too at 1st... well, until I saw this.

Sorry, I don't know how to hide the picture....

Wow, you are so detail :D

1 hour ago, ihate0ni0ns said:

@meguna I thought the match in China happened around Jan '89 too at 1st... well, until I saw this.

Sorry, I don't know how to hide the picture....

huh, that's weird

so if the passport was issued dec. 01 1989 and expires the following year (the date to the right of it 1990), then the match happened much later in 1989, as in December 1989? Wasn't the photo in 2015 shot in January 1989? Or am I wrong? Does that mean JH is the husband for real

10 minutes ago, ihate0ni0ns said:

Ok now this is confusing hahaha. So the match was in Dec 89 and then the concert she went with JH was in Jan 89...was it a typo? If not then why is there an intervening period of almost 1 year and they edited it like the events happened back to back? Hihi production team, you are really messing with us? The husband did say it was Jan 89....so...

Also, this means the beach scene happened before Taek said he likes DS? If it's 89, they should be 3rd yr high schoolers already...maybe that's why Taek's dad was saying JH and SW had to study ahahah! I'm so confused >.<

28 minutes ago, lelee said:

At first I thought so too, but at that time wasn't there a time stamp on every picture? Like the polaroids and stuff.

i agree on this..even they dont remember, each picture there is time stamp on it...so i dont know what the 2015 husband point it to..time stamp on the picture or any printing at the background such as background of DK and JH picture

19 minutes ago, Michael Aury said:

huh, that's weird

so if the passport was issued dec. 01 1989 and expires the following year (the date to the right of it 1990), then the match happened much later in 1989, as in December 1989? Wasn't the photo in 2015 shot in January 1989? Or am I wrong? Does that mean JH is the husband for real

Oooh now that's interesting :) what if it was just a typo? Cuz won't that be weird that jung hwan still hasn't confessed to Duk Seon by Dec of 1989? Or even Taek? And taek's dad was still in the wake of his friend when they went to the concert right? I don't think it lasted for almost a year, when mr. Choi got back, Duk Seon's dad even greeted him, saying that they should drink and making the death of his friend and excuse to Duk Seon's mom so he can go

2 hours ago, ihate0ni0ns said:

Hi, I just want to make sure if I got the timeline right ^^

So, JH and DS watched the MBC Radio concert in January '89, right?

Taek and DS went to China around December 1989, right? Since I saw DS passport date of issue stated Dec 1 '89.

What about the Lee Moon Sae ticket concerts that JH was holding, the translations said New Year's Eve Live Concert, but the date on the ticket said Feb 18, 1989?

So, I'm a little confused...can someone please enlightened me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, somehow I got the feeling if DS would one day become famous, she'll become a writer. I think it's because the scene where she showed her diary to the interviewer. I was thinking, maybe the interviewer might asked something like "what's the 1st thing you ever write?" then she showed her diary. She also said that she never imagined she had ever written something like that. Hahahaha, well, just my wondering thought ^^

As for the future hubby, I guess he might be a doctor, photographer, or soccer player hahaha (if he's JH though, cause if he's Taek he would be a baduk pro player still, right? :)).

wow, i didn't notice that DS pasport date of issue stated 1 dec 1989.

so the timeline that we already know is false then? but as far as i know TK and DS went to china around january 1989 after MBC radio concert when DS went with JH. wow, i got confussed too

yes, i have the same feeling with you that DS is the one who got famous not her husband. This is what my 1st tought when see interview scene in the end of ep1. Who knows not-that-smarty DS has a talent to become famous in entertainment world (she already pretty enough right)

Hoel... that empty feeling after you finished watching two episodes in english subtitle and now waiting for the new episodes... :(((((( 

I feel like this is maybe just a glimpse of Dongryong's arc. I'm sure his story will be in spotlight again soon. Dongryong is the typical happy go lucky, a comical relief kind of character. He receive the least attention from his parents yet the only one the kids turn to whenever they have problem with their family (remember Junghwan asked him about why his mom is not happy when the house is all cleaned). That's why I thought it was nice that it's Bora who lectured him to open up his mind to his parents because they wouldn't know if he didn't say anything, and that his parents do care for him in their own way and that is provide money and comfort for him (brand name clothes, etc). There's no conclusion to DongRyong arc yet, thats why i'm expecting more.

Also I'm still waiting for a touching moment between Bora and DS where we have a sister story (parallel to the brother story we have with JungBong and Junghwan).

It's crazy to think that we have 1 hour per episode, and we've reached half way so far. 

Do you think if there would be any kind of tragedies that will struck the neighborhood in the later half? I'm not sure how I feel about the Bora association with Havard poster. I think it maybe hinted that Bora is very smart? But then again Harvard is famous for law, and law is Bora's dream instead of education major. Still, I just don't know how it would play out for everyone who involve. And I will miss seeing her :( 
Or maybe it's SunWoo who will be admitted since he's definitely gonna go to a good college. I have a feeling Junghwan will also be very successful academically too.

30 minutes ago, brose_stv said:

Can you point out the episode and approximate time of that scene? I don't remember anything like that while watching the raw episodes so it might be a case of me not paying attention or it might be inaccurate translations. I'd be happy to confirm if the subtitles are accurate or not.

I don't remember the exact time and I can't really rewatch the ep atm but it was at episode 9 around the time that mr. Choi asked Duk Seon's parents if she can go with Taek in china.

16 minutes ago, minibunny said:

I believe the china is around january because when DS packed her luggage (which she borrowed from TK), the background has a calendar that stated 17 if it's december, TK father is still healthy so it's january 1989

if that's the case then DS won't be able to fly with a passport issued 11 months into the future lol i'm so confused rn

Taek's dad talked about how men took months to get their passport but women could get it in only a few days, which is one of the reasons why he picked DS, because she can fly on short notice unlike SW and JH (the other reason being that Taek likes DS according to him) That means DS didn't have a passport during that time, meaning the passport in the photo is newly-issued. The dilemma is that it says Dec. 01 1989--if the match was on January 1989, then that passport won't allow her to fly. She shouldn't even have a passport with a date of issue of dec 1989 because the day hasn't happened yet for her (if the match in china was in january)

explanation: It's either they made an error in printing out the passport for the show, or it's a huge clue.

Perhaps DS got her passport early and went a bit later? I still have not seen the episode so I don't know if it all happens back to back...

How cute was it in the BTS when Hyeri and RJY freeze when they hear the word future and want to hear more? I guess all the actors are totally going crazy like us!! Ha ha :w00t:

4 minutes ago, Michael Aury said:

if that's the case then DS won't be able to fly with a passport issued 11 months into the future lol i'm so confused rn

Mr. Choi mentioned that females get their passports faster than males so I guess DS got hers in a few days. Also the baduk club also helped her get it faster so yeah :). I think I understand things now. First was Mr. Choi's accident and then the passport and then the concert and then the match?? Or like match then concert? Lol idk

4 minutes ago, meguna said:

Mr. Choi mentioned that females get their passports faster than males so I guess DS got hers in a few days. Also the baduk club also helped her get it faster so yeah :). I think I understand things now. First was Mr. Choi's accident and then the passport and then the concert and then the match?? Or like match then concert? Lol idk

Here's what's confusing about the passport lol it says issued dec.01, 1989 (or at least I'm assuming that since that's how passports usually look; date issued and date of expiry)--that means DS requested for a passport a.few days before dec. 1 1989.

How can that be when all the events were happening in January as we're told? The death of Mr. Choi's friend, Mr Choi's stroke and the match in China.

11 minutes ago, meguna said:

I rewatched that scene and DS's mom was just assuming. The subs read "Taek's scary when he gets angry, isn't he?" and that's a word-for-word translation, but her line in Korean sounds more like "Even Taek can be scary when he gets angry, right?" It seems that she was worried that DS might get on Taek's nerves so much that even a patient person like him would snap. But based on DS's mom's line she has not actually seen Taek angry before.

About the passport issue everyone is discussing. If it's not a typo, then the China match happened in Jan 1990. Maybe they put the two different new years to troll/confuse us. But the two incidents are separated. So basically we're back to the year 1989. Only the baduk match and the sequence of Taek's dad hospitalization was told ahead of time for the purpose of trolling? 

Archived