[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hi everyone, I have been reading silently since episode 1. I really enjoy reading your discussion as it helps me to understand the story and characters in depth. Thank you so much for sharing your two cents!

I will try to join your discussion and share my opinion too!

I really really love episode 6 especially after watching it twice. MY character development was overwhelming. It was nice to see that she hold on to her value as a doctor. When she was remembering her hippocratic oath, I cried a bucket. She puts her patients first before her crush. I believe when SJ came she would want to run to him. but first thing first, saving lives. I am so proud of her. :flushed:

SJ is just how I wish him to be. He still loves her but giving her the time and space she needed as he understands her. At the same time, he still let her know that he care. I died during the last scene, very beautifully made. They face each other and seems that MY is able to understand SJ more. He is protecting people too and saving people too. They are bound by their responsibility but having each other gives them comfort. They will be able to go through all the hardships and trials together. I hope we will see MY take the initiative and make a move!! 

GOD, I am totally shipping them for real. SJK and SHK make a cute couple. :blush:

DY and MJ are just sweet :heart:. It seem like "puppy love" but its much deeper than that. MJ understands everything about DY. DY should just try harder I think. I hope we will have a happy ending for both couples. *fingercrossed* I believe in the writer. writer-nim 잘 부탁한다.

I just love everything about this movie, but who doesn't? LOL. so deep and meaningful. I think each of the character has their own weight and complete this drama as a whole. Even the supporting actors. Kudos to Onew, he did a great job for a first. 

I will re-watch all the episodes while waiting for wednesday to come. the wait is excruciating. :bawling: 

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, margaces said:

I super love listening to all the OSTs. My favorite is Gummy's You Are My Everthing... I downloaded the english version and it's really good... LSS... :)

I'm excited for the new ost next week. :)

can u message me where u download?? pm please

new ost would be very high in chart

• Like 6

@finickyfray: To be honest, Myeong-joo breaks my heart. The girl might be a lot of things (but oh boy, is she fun to watch!) but when it comes to her love life...it sucks to be her. Not only her father ignores her wishes but, what's worse is that she's in love with a guy who she has seen with her own eyes, has already done a dumb heroic sacrifice so that his ex-GF could be happy and marry whoever her family approved, but she's seeing history repeating itself...this time with her. 

I love Dae-young to pieces and he's a genuinely good guy who cares even for stray puppies turning them into decent young men but, I hope for Myeong-joo's sake that Dae-young can become a little selfish and, for once in his life, do what he wants, which in this case is being with Myeong-joo, consequences be damned. 

• Like 8

Dear DoTS troopers, i'm curious about the scene where SJ and DY wear black suit like secret service? Are we anticipating the scene as one of the plot development, like maybe they're asked to be presidential secret service or some sorts? Or the scene is only for promotional purpose?

Enlight me pleaseee..

Also, i certainly can not wait for the balcony kiss. I've been making up imaginary convo in my fangirl mind. MY would ask for a second chance maybe?or she would just confess her feelings and initiate the kiss? :P

Thank you everyone in this thread for making the wait for wednesday more bearable. You're all ozammmm 

• Like 13

@sanaeozora  Why do I have a feeling that Lt General wont be that bad. He loves his daughter so much, but still put the mission in the first. I gave him big applaud when he denied to find MJ and said that do not waste time on the soldier if she is on duty.  Although LT General like SJ so much, but I dont see any burden on the two.  Both SJ and MJ talked about  story of "the expected husband of MJ" and "the future wife of SJ" like it is just a joke.  So I guessed that he did not do anything to force SJ and MJ to be together and in the future he also may not. 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Kỳ Thần Đỗ said:

@sanaeozora  Why do I have a feeling that Lt General wont be that bad. He loves his daughter so much, but still put the mission in the first. I gave him big applaud when he denied to find MJ and said that do not waste time on the soldier if she is on duty.  Although LT General like SJ so much, but I dont see any burden on the two.  Both SJ and MJ talked about  story of "the expected husband of MJ" and "the future wife of SJ" like it is just a joke.  So I guessed that he did not do anything to force SJ and MJ to be together and in the future he also may not. 

I fervently hope you're right. :tears:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jemmaca said:

"...They must be telling the actors to speak in this artificial way. I bet that if SJK were speaking English in real life he would not go so painfully slowly, and that it is only his character that does this thing. I wish that the directors would stop this as it always sounds terrible and fake. 

Does that make more sense?"

^^ I think now I understand more, Or I think they try to make it slower for non-English speaker to understand more :) Like me. Thank you for the detail~

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, rumasa79 said:

Dear DoTS troopers, i'm curious about the scene where SJ and DY wears black suit like secret service? Are we anticipating the scene as one of the plot development, like maybe they're asked to be presidential secret service or some sorts? Or the scene is only for promotional purpose?

Thank you everyone in this thread for making the wait for wednesday more bearable. You're all ozammmm 

I'm actually having the same thought, I hope it's not promotional, since "Alpha Team" handle so many different situation, it might be that YSJ goes for another mission that makes him look stunningly awesome in a black suit. :wub: 'my imagination keeps going on'

• Like 14

Gawsh. The bromance is perrrrrfect. I couldn't stop laughing at the entire episode with them running from the other soldiers. So unlikely that that would actually happen - how can men in uniform act so roguish?! Hahaha... But so funny. Heh. Especially the conversation they had thereafter while catching their breath. Both of them are indeed quite fail in the romance department. 

• Like 14

@sanaeozoraI have just edited your last comment.;) I hope, you don't mind but that way, @gilaswan and the others will noticed that they have been mentioned. 

I agree with your comment about Lt General Yoon. He doesn't care about YSJ the man. Interesting is that he sent DY there knowing that the latter would do anything for his sister. He is really heartless and selfish. He knows how much Dy loves his daughter, but as soon as it is convenient, he will use him for his own selfish reason: save his daughter. Actually, he is abusing his position as such. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, marie67 said:

Maybe I am the only one, but I was kinda disappointed with YSJ's reaction to knowing KMY was in the dangerous earthquake zone. I thought he would cry and be more in panic, but he was just too calm for my liking. And their reunion could have been so much better. Now I am starting to get impatient with KMY being so indecisive. At this rate I am starting to like 2nd couple more. The only female character of Kim Eun Sook I have liked so far is Kim Ha Neul's character in gentlemans dignity. 

But the scenery was well done, and I am happy the ratings increased.  

I don't agree with you about him being so calm !! if he cried I would hate it !! his reactions make me fall in love with him more !! he was worried about not only the one he loves but about his group of soldiers and the people who are in danger !! at that moment if he only thought about KMY I would definitly hate him !! he is the best fighter because he can differentiate his priorities !! and i loved how he didn't hug her or something because it is not the time to !! there are lives need to be saved !! He is a PRO !! as much as he was worried about her , their eyes spoke it all when they met again:"thank you for being fine"/"thank you for coming back"  
he is really a real soldier !! when KMY asked him why did u become a soldier  his answer gave me goosebumps !! "because someone has to be" !! that is the perfect answer of someone with a big heart who is ready to give up his life in order to make peace and save others !! 

• Like 16