[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

me studying for a test

tumblr_inline_o3kjmahtwD1qz9nuy_500.jpg
tumblr_inline_o3kjmasmgW1qz9nuy_500.jpg
tumblr_inline_o3kjmc0Mgz1qz9nuy_500.jpg
CR: dramatroll

that's me right now..lol! & here I am, reading comments from all of you..hahahah! Don't worry chingus, I can do this! This drama is my inspiration :blush::heart: & Thank you for all the amazing updates!!! & WOOOOOHOOOOOH! Congrats DOTS team!! I'm sure we will have a high jump ratings again for the next ep!! :blush: 3 days to go chingu-deul!! :love:

ok, I'll back read again.. :)

• Like 21

I wanted to get over this - really 

but everytime I shut my eyes - every each of them flashes.... this drama is an addiction.  SJ is too caring for his own good... Today in episode 2 (for the 2nd time rewatched) I now understand why he insisted to unplugged the bom immediately instead of waiting for the US troop help, is because the children are there... Not because he hate to fill in the forms... He is a guy who are conscious about his surrounding and take charge.  He just make jokes on things just to make it more lighthearted but fully aware of the consequences. 

I like MY - she is normal - human. I like the way she bantered and she have a good heart. She made me realized you make the best of things. I know how it felt when you don't have title or money behind your name... You just survived. I know she misses him in all that 8 months madness. I know I won't be able to live a day nor knowing the where about of my love one. I know is not easy to have your partner that have to share their life to save the country... Is ain't easy - you need a good support system or you find the way out... 

I want to know more about the other couple... They too I belief have a story to tell... DY-MJ. I felt both of them carried a strong character. I want them to be happy because they love each other. Again this drama is about putting aside what you need but more about what is loyalty, pride, trust, love and selfless... Be it whether they are soldiers or the commoner. Every one have a roles - and the different only... The way you do it but the motive is still the same...

gosh I can continue writing or I can rewatched again all the OST.... Especially K.Will - you are my everything... For now DOTs is my everything... Losing my heart to it... 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, ilovesjk said:

Hi friends. Just a friendly reminder, please don't quote images because we've been warned too many times by the mods. I really don't want this thread closed down. :) Also it would be nice not to quote long posts either and instead just tag the person you're responding too. That way we don't get repetitive posts throughout the thread. Just a suggestion. :) 

you're right. how we can survive if thread closed down?:tears: but i don't know how to tag person:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ilovesjk said:

@alleverything

I thought she was blocking his view so he moved her out of the way LOL. Because initially he did not plan to take her to Daniel's shop but it just occurred to him that the Internet there was faster so he stopped the car to consider it as they passed by the place. That's what I thought. 

I thought the same thing. He was not looking at her. He was looking at something outside.

1) how did you started watching this drama?

-I read somewhere that KES is coming with a new show with a war backdrop. I read the synopsis and I loved it. I love intense-bloodshedding-war shows/movies. Not lying i actually LOVED the name "Descendants of the sun" LOL:D. Then SJK accepted the offer and that was the best news for an SJK fan. 

It was the story at the end of the day. Because i don't like to watch On-going shows even if it has my favourite actor. It's tough to concentrate on other things in life (it's happening now).

2) what scene that started make you hooked for this drama?

-For me it was the second teaser. The one with the "Girlfriend-Boyfriend" scene. I was squealing so bad. That was the moment I knew this show is goona ruin my life and it did.:lol:

3) what your most favourite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

-I don't want to sound like a pervert and my favourite line was SJ saying "I can find a way to drink.". Also when DY said SJ in the last episode "Every call my superior made was right and justified." and the whole scene.

4) what your most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

- "What if...I still wanna go with you?" This was just not an ordinary line. It hints MY's contribution in this relationship. She will always stand him. 

• Like 12

Cr. KBSdrama on YT

Been meaning to ask re: this scene where YSJ is asking "Should I apologise or should I confess?"... does anyone notice that SJK's left eye is red and watery/teary or was I imagining as well? lol... was wondering if something like dust got into his eye or was he crying or something else? Hope it was ok then.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, missling1 said:

The 2 pics on the top, you can see YSJ's gaze on her is so intense.  If you watch this part of the clip, he actually turned to look at her directly when she was talking and keeps pushing him away, with that closeness, how can one breathe normally? Heart would have been beating so fast! :lol:

that part was so :wub::wub::wub:

bpsNkqX.gif

• Like 21

23 minutes ago, ilovesjk said:

Hi friends. Just a friendly reminder, please don't quote images because we've been warned too many times by the mods. I really don't want this thread closed down. :) Also it would be nice not to quote long posts either and instead just tag the person you're responding too. That way we don't get repetitive posts throughout the thread. Just a suggestion. :) 

Thankyou.. I'm new in here, i don't want make mistake that make this thread closed. How to tag person, please kindly explain to me. And how to response some images if i want to share my feelings too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Meilani Imron said:

Thankyou.. I'm new in here, i don't want make mistake that make this thread closed. How to tag person, please kindly explain to me. And how to response some images if i want to share my feelings too

usually when i want to response i click "quote" other person post then i delete the picture, video and left only word for the person post. to tag i dunno how:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

1) how did you started watching this drama?

accidentally saw the preview with SJK on uniform in the thumbnail the confronting one about the kiss, not his hard fans so i'm not interesting at the first. but then i saw "his story preview", and search about the drama (i thought it's air already and find out about pre-produce thing) and i get interesting. just give a try for 1st ep (because i'm not an army fans) end up can't give up.

2) what scene that started make you hooked for this drama

Fighting scene with the gengster when they save that little puppy KGB

Flirting session when got his wound treated (me : woah... one of the kind lead male, flirting at the first meet? usually love at he first sight followed by denying / observing) 

3) what your most favorite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

"What do you want me to do? apologize or confess?? (this word grow in me so much after 2nd time watch the preview)

"Of course i did alot, like a man" (you can interpret this to many different kind) 

4) what your most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

"Why? Is it because my inner being is beautiful"

"i'm a doctor, i believe life is sanctified, and there no value or ideology above it."

• Like 12

The Staggering Production Cost of “Descendants of the Sun” Revealed

When it comes down to crunch time, the higher the budget, the better quality the end result will be. That’s why it comes as no surprise that KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun” – which has seen great success despite only being two weeks into the series – cost a staggering 13 billion won (approximately $10.8 million) to produce.

Set in the fictional war-torn country of Urk, the majority of the drama’s hefty budget went to creating the setting. As the entire drama was pre-produced and filmed before broadcast, the entire cast and crew spent a month filming in Greece, where producers used 65 percent of the budget creating an open-world set. The remaining scenes that could not be shot in Greece were filmed in Taebaek, Gangwon Province.

A general producer reported, “The scenes that were filmed in Greece and the scenes that were filmed in Taebaek are all mixed in with each other. It was difficult making it so that keen viewers couldn’t distinguish between the two filming locations.”

Approximately 2 billion won (about $1.7 million) was spent on the art budget, much of which was dedicated towards post-filming CG effects. One production crewmember said, “I can’t say concretely how much was spent on CG effects. We invested a lot of the budget into creating the exotic location, [among other things].”

Although the drama was originally only calculated to cost 800 million won (approximately $668,000), the mini-series far exceeded the average budget for dramas of similar length, which runs about 350 million won (about $292,000).

• Like 16

hqdefault.jpg

11 Reasons to Start Watching ‘Descendants of the Sun’ Now

Posted by Kara - Edited by KareBare

If you are not hiding somewhere in the cave, you have probably heard about KBS2’s latests drama‘Descendants of the Sun.’ But if you are still hesitating as to whether or not you should give this drama a chance, I am here to clear up your doubts.

Here are 11 reasons why you should start watching ‘Descendants of the Sun’ right now!

1. Cast

Song Joong Ki alone is a good reason to watch the drama. ‘Descendants of the Sun’ is his comeback drama after he completed his mandatory military service in May 2015. He takes the role of captain Yoo Shi Jin who leads his team of the Special Warfare Command Unit into the dangerous territory of Urk.

Song Hye Kyo is another gem of this drama. She takes the role of Kang Mo Yeon, a bright and sassy surgeon who was dispatched to the fictional war-torn country of Urk to care for the soldiers and civils. Unlike what you have may seen on other dramas, she is not a nonsense professional but rather a clear-headed doctor who knows what her duty is. Also – BIG plus for great English skills!

2. Plot

The drama revolves around the leader of a peacekeeping unit who falls in love with a surgeon as they work together on disaster-relief missions. Script for ‘Descendants of the Sun’ was written byKim Eun Sook who stands behind other hit dramas, including ‘The Heirs,’ ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity,’ ‘Secret Garden,’ and more.

3. Soldiers

You don’t have to be a military junkie to appreciate the beauty of military uniforms. Adding handsome, well-bulit men to it gives us an eye-candy like you have never experienced before.

4. Soundtrack 

Good drama usually comes with a good soundtrack. ‘Descendants of the Sun’ is no exception. Three songs for the drama’s soundtrack were released so far: Yoon Mi Rae’s ‘Always,’ ‘EXO’s Chen feat. Punch’s ‘Everytime,’ and Davichi’s ‘This Love.’

5. Love Story 

I know how cliché can love story be in Korean dramas, but let me assure you that ‘Descedants of the Sun’ is a breath of fresh air. You will not see the main couple hating each other in the beginning just to (predictably) fall in love in the end. When Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon (played by Song Hye Kyo) have their first encounter, we can already see some fireworks. It’s a very rare experience to see a (mutual) love at first sight in a Korean drama! Of course, there are some misunderstandings between them in the beginning, but they are quickly resolved.

I mean, I want someone who would look at me the way Song Joong Ki looks at Song Hye Kyo!

6. Scenery 

The drama was partially filmed in Greece in Zakynthos, Arachova and Lemnos. It is nice to take a break from a concrete jungle to see more natural scenery surrounded by mountains, beautiful beaches and turquoise sea.

7. Bromance

The production team of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ has previously assured viewers that the bromance between the characters played by Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo will be as strong as any romance in the drama. And seeing how strong the romance already is, we can expect to see a lot of scenes of a solid friendship.

8. High Ratings 

What proves the drama’s impressiveness are the high ratings of over 23.4 percent across all of Korea only after three episodes! If it continues, there is a chance ‘Descendants of the Sun’ will be the highest rated drama of the year.

9. Pre-Produced Drama 

‘Descendants of the Sun’ is one of the very few Korean dramas to be entirely pre-produced. This means that we can expect the drama to end without unnecessary mid-production controversies that may distract viewers’ attention, just like it was with ‘Cheese in the Trap’ or ‘Queen of Ambition.’

10. Cameos

If you can’t get enough of Lee Kwang Soo - Song Joong Ki bromance, this drama is perfect for you! The first episode features a funny cameo of Lee Kwang Soo! Actor Yoo Ah In is next on the list of cameo appearances on ‘Descendants of the Sun’. It was revealed that he naturally decided to appear on the drama since he is very close with Song Hye Kyo. Even though the exact episode is not yet determined, viewers all over the world are already impatiently looking forward to this handsome actor’s appearance.

11. SHINee’s Onew

SHINee’s leader is a separate reason for you to watch ‘Descendants of the Sun.’ Onew plays the role of Lee Chi Hoon, first year resident of thoracic surgery. Being kind in nature and good at taking the scoldings of his superiors, Lee Chi Hoon suddenly moves to a war zone where his life is about to turn 180 degrees. It will be interesting to see how his character develops. Also, this is Onew’s first production to air on TV!

Descendants of the Sun’ is on its 4th episode out of 16, so it is still not too late to tune in!

http://officiallykmusic.com/11-reasons-to-start-watching-descendants-of-the-sun-now/

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

When it comes down to crunch time, the higher the budget, the better quality the end result will be. That’s why it comes as no surprise that KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun” – which has seen great success despite only being two weeks into the series – cost a staggering 13 billion won (approximately $10.8 million) to produce.

Although the drama was originally only calculated to cost 800 million won (approximately $668,000), the mini-series far exceeded the average budget for dramas of similar length, which runs about 350 million won (about $292,000).

Thanks @gangurhar for the news. Do you or anyone here happen to know whether DOTS has the highest production cost in Korean drama history or there have been other dramas with even higher budget. Thanks.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KSHxKYJ said:

me studying for a test

CR: dramatroll

that's me right now..lol! & here I am, reading comments from all of you..hahahah! Don't worry chingus, I can do this! This drama is my inspiration :blush::heart: & Thank you for all the amazing updates!!! & WOOOOOHOOOOOH! Congrats DOTS team!! I'm sure we will have a high jump ratings again for the next ep!! :blush: 3 days to go chingu-deul!! :love:

ok, I'll back read again.. :)

me tooo . is so hard to concentrate 

fighting 

:blush:

• Like 4

Oh well, knowing this writer is more "messing up" a story... I think the writer is more of the production costs and not with a good plot...... Maybe she's better be a travel show scriptwriter... It's ep4 already, and I can't find a very significant essence of the story... Since this was pre-produced they can change the plot impromptu depending on the viewers wants, I think..... If not, then I'll bet it's a 60% horrible disaster story....

Then again on casting... I just hope they make SJK more MANLY. since he has a baby face, they more look like a aunt-nephew on the screen... No romantic feels for me....:blink:

Am so thankful that DOTS is a high quality pre-production. The quality of acting, filming shows. The PPLs are interesting too, great promo for korean products, even korean technology, ie the medicubes. Kudos to the production house and marketing team, of course the writer, film crew, actors and actresses for taking the risk and going for quality instead of the usual rush filming quality deflates towards the end. 

my 2 cents for YSJ using his gold card immediately is that he knows time is precious, one minute he is on a date, next minute he is called on a life threatening mission and had to leave his date. 2 hours is a calculated decision where he treasures every moment being a present to be with the person who he treasures each and every moment with the most...KMY... Since fate intertwined their lives together again in Urk, they had been through so much..

1st day, landmine experience..though a fake joke...

2nd day, beautiful beach date + life or death call to operate or not on a VIP, who is world figure of world peace + detention /prison for YSJ

3rd or 4th day? out of jail...unknown status with military law...VIP gold card...cafe date...comrade's death...

5th day disciplinary hearing...key argument where YSJ conveys his truth on his job and life choices...wine tasting date :)

every moment is precious and intense...so so love this DOTS!

• Like 17