[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@picorange that 100% not true ... SHK pic is taken in her previous movie scene (not drama... i forgot the title... a sad movie actually for me) and the tomb...its not written Yoo Shi Jin... don't get fool by the year written. 

the camping scene is the ending.... (i hope lol)

i feel i'm not able to watch episode 14 again.... thou the sub is out already. but i don't want to re watch it again. I don't know last night was so weird for me watched the episode..... i just feel i watch a different DOTS... and it's not fun at all.

and the romance scene too i don't fall for it.... huh weird... did i watch another drama last night?? "the timing is strange"... (quoting captain Yoo)

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, razledgoose said:

regarding the gunshot wound multiple times ---  given enough adrenaline rush- (which YSJ had)  one can get up and still walk and talk despite any trauma in the body--  

Believe me -- I've seen it

multiple times - I work in Trauma hospital in New York City .......  You can get a surge of energy -- just like the NK soldier as well -----  

You get an adrenalin surge after you flatline? And your heart has to be electrocuted into action?

Is this zero to hero?

• Like 10

@putri gyuu

Not Yoo Si Jin? 

Ahhh... 

89nknf7OLkjoquiOL6d1Km8zc43XZV_ztDOJdu9G

@Meowth07

The political view of the film writers/producers are something a must in films/dramas. This is something they cannot get rid of. So I understand when there are some politics playing embroiding the romance of the leads. A SK and China have a diff view on this. As we need to dig more and as it is a sensitive issue, let's skip this part. 

The following article sounds misleading. I think the drop is not only because the sleeping together MY and SJ, it is probably ups and downs weariness towards the leads' safety

"Descendants of the Sun" Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo sleep together but drops in numbers

2016/04/07 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, viyra said:

Episode 14 is brilliant!!   Yoo SiJin got reunited with the NK Lieutenant.  In spite of them constantly dangerously meeting, they seem to have built trust in each other.

Who would have thought, with the simple statement of NK soldier "I don't trust mine so I came to see a friend", YSJ would immediately sense something behind it.  Thus, sending his girlfriend KMY to do the surgery.  He knew she would find something - and sure enough, she did.  KMY smart enough to pass it on in confidence to SDY.

Who would have thought again, YSJ trusting his instinct and the NK soldier, that the evidence would be found in the left over cookie?  This is why both are in the special forces. 

Others were laughing about YSJ getting conscious after getting shot.  YSJ was shot in the arm and the blood splattered all over his shirt - that's why KMY said 'put a cast on him'.

This drama is  great - it sends a lot of message to everyone - and each tragedy has a purpose.  It has flaws, of course, but if you nitpick on the flaws, you won't know the true meaning of the story and wouldn't be able to enjoy it. 

The only drama this writer had written that I've watched is Secret Garden which had a satisfying conclusion.  I didn't watch the entire Heirs - it just won't click on me.  Did I read somewhere she also wrote Lovers In Paris?  Wow!! That drama has the worst ending. 

We still have 2 episodes left to watch but I am already saying I would be willing to spend a lot of time watching and rewatching this drama - over and over again.  Good story, good cast and good portrayal of the characters by everyone - down to the supporting casts.

I like your thought! Deep! Salute!:)

• Like 8

11 hours ago, enzek said:

omg this is an edit right? right? right? please tell me this an edit!

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

Got shock of my life when I saw this.... Then on second look it's photoshop isn't it.. At least with my little hangul knowledge "Yoo" is not written like this.... For once I'm really thankful that I can read Korean :P

• Like 5

@mizuki85 Sure thing! I'm not discussing that matter. Just trying to clear things up since some ppl watching chinese ver and getting confused. I had a good laugh noticing how hard they tried to edit it, that's all. Not even complaining/criticizing. :P

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, viyra said:

Episode 14 is brilliant!!   Yoo SiJin got reunited with the NK Lieutenant.  In spite of them constantly dangerously meeting, they seem to have built trust in each other.

Who would have thought, with the simple statement of NK soldier "I don't trust mine so I came to see a friend", YSJ would immediately sense something behind it.  Thus, sending his girlfriend KMY to do the surgery.  He knew she would find something - and sure enough, she did.  KMY smart enough to pass it on in confidence to SDY.

Who would have thought again, YSJ trusting his instinct and the NK soldier, that the evidence would be found in the left over cookie?  This is why both are in the special forces. 

Others were laughing about YSJ getting conscious after getting shot.  YSJ was shot in the arm and the blood splattered all over his shirt - that's why KMY said 'put a cast on him'.

This drama is  great - it sends a lot of message to everyone - and each tragedy has a purpose.  It has flaws, of course, but if you nitpick on the flaws, you won't know the true meaning of the story and wouldn't be able to enjoy it. 

The only drama this writer had written that I've watched is Secret Garden which had a satisfying conclusion.  I didn't watch the entire Heirs - it just won't click on me.  Did I read somewhere she also wrote Lovers In Paris?  Wow!! That drama has the worst ending. 

We still have 2 episodes left to watch but I am already saying I would be willing to spend a lot of time watching and rewatching this drama - over and over again.  Good story, good cast and good portrayal of the characters by everyone - down to the supporting casts.

I hope so too.... DOTS is somehow have its own magic to attract us. i try so hard to believe in KES this time. I put my soul when watching Heirs, but she ruined it completely in my opinion. she failed to make LMH best of the best in that drama, in the end many viewers worship KWB instead of him end the ending just in the middle of nowhere.

in here the casts are awesome, from 1st episode to 12 those were DAEBAK. every each episodes made me think "hell ya this one is best episode ever" but not this week... well we are not always can have all we want.

I'm still having positive thinking in this drama, that the last 2 episodes next week will surely left a wonderful memory in us as the DOTS addict, she won't betray us after 8 weeks supporting her drama. 

2 episodes left and she still have many things need to resolve and explain :

1. SDY and YMJ relationship. Where she gonna take them.... to the aisle or to their own path.

2. Daniel and YH.... after Urk still no explaination about them.. that's mistake.... (o she want to create another drama for them lol)

3. YSJ and KMY, thou they finally can watch the movie without any disturb from the army mission things or hospital ( i don't know the finished it or not), what are they going to do next? when are they going back to Urk? is it when their honeymoon?

4. Where is our lovely chef Kim Gi Beom?? 

KES always left a tipped information about the dots plot in the ongoing episodes.... but i haven't able to find another new. 

Well i am still positive thinking .... and i already prepare my"camping tools" to join Mr and Mrs Yoo camping trip next week to end the drama.... :) 

• Like 15

Finally watch ep 14 with "fastfoward" ... So did the North Korean guy die or he really go back to North Korea?

Congratulations to Chi Hoon... finally you are a daddy now!!! Can't wait to see your baby! 

The part where the Army team is listening the conversation of Shi Jin and the North Korean guy is funny.. especially the special recipe which the north korean teach Shi Jin  kkkkkk And another part where Mo Yeon start to scold/swear Shi Jin's Commander (forgot which position he is), that part is also funny..how i wish she can swear more... the commander is actually wanna listen more.... kkkkk

• Like 15

@ carmen lim. In some countries where civil war, terrorism exist and countries participating in policing the world, soldiers life is in constant threat of danger. Experience it with in the family. My half-sisters' husband, died, snipered while on mission. He left my sister a two year old girl and 5 months pregnant.  My cousins are in their 20's now. 

Post three ^^

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, babydrawers said:

@ carmen lim. In some countries where civil war, terrorism exist and countries participating in policing the world, soldiers life is in constant threat of danger. Experience it with in the family. My half-sisters' husband, died, snipered while on mission. He left my sister a two year old girl and 5 months pregnant.  My cousins are in their 20's now. 

Post three ^^

That is so sad :(

Am I the only one who wants Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon to have a baby girl so they can match her with Chi Hoon's son haha they can be in-laws :P

• Like 17

While watching live streaming without understanding a word, reading the recaps and early comments, and later watching the raw video, I thought I have to agree with many here that Ep14 is not good and should be "forgotten or ignored". After watching it today with sub titles, I love it! Not only have I understood what they were saying, I have appreciated this drama more than just SongSong. And I will "remember " Ep 13 and 14 - how could I deprive myself from these "rare normal/regular/sweet moments of their lives together? 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, faythe said:

I actually agree with others that MY has proven time after time that she doesn't always need pampering. KMY is one awesome heroine that many other heroines should eminate her more. She's not shy in voicing her opinions and doesn't cave in to pressure nor does she let anyone push her around. She will do things when she's good and ready on her own terms and not anyone else's. It's obvious that she is the mature one in the relationship. She knows when to let things pass and when not too and I believe that is one of the many reasons why SJ loves and fight EXTREMLY HARD for her. In this case, even though she doesn't like it, but she understand the issue is bigger than her and that comrade is very important to SJ.

If it wasn't for the fact that MY doesn't like to follow orders and wake up early, she would be a kickass soldier. She's highly capable and proved it many times under the most stressful situation anyone can possibly find themselves in and she's extremely quick to adapt. She is every bit as strong as SJ. I am extremely happy that for once we have an equal OTP in strength. 98% of the time, it has always shown that the male lead is much stronger and the female lead is always weepy and inferior and lose their mind over love. I'm extremely grateful that MY is the exception. I believe that she can live without SJ, but she CHOSE him with her heart and mind. I think that's important.

Indeed! Is it weird that I fell in love with KMY moreeeee than I love YSJ? I'm not a big K-Drama fans, usually, I watch US series but to be honest, KMY's character development is greater than any other heroine in tv series. KMY made Meredith Grey looks like a bit childish, hehehhee

• Like 19

20 minutes ago, staygold said:

I knew I was going to do this... I just saw the latest episode with subs... I am eating my earlier words. Once I ignore super recovery of YSJ and NK lt I quite like this episode. Without subtitles the PPL becomes even more glaring. Without subtitles you cant understand why YSJ is not comforting or hugging KMY... even confusing is why KMY seems to be tolerating it.

The humor is still very much there. Since it is mostly spoken one it is lost without subs. I love the smartness of NK army guy. I love the fact that both he and YSJ are equally crazy, brave and dedicated to their respective countries. I loved the fact that instead of painting NK bad they made the politician bad. 

I liked KMY's attitude. She didnt throw a tantrum. Even when YSJ repeatedly continued to go to the 'department store' She has finally accepted him and his job. During the coffee hug scene she told him he has to get used to her nagging. So he didnt really complain much when she scolded him. And she too didnt go overboard. KMY is the woman!!! I love her more than YSJ now.

JG and SJK are hilarious... they should do more comedy henceforth.

I am going to love this series till it ends... Blindly!!! No matter who they kill or don't kill. :lol:

That's the reason why I wait for at least 90% subs. :lol::lol:..this epi by far my fav. It's not another drama..its still Dots..They show us how the two most challenging field and profession is truly complementing and needing each other.

• Like 22

just watched episode 14 with subs...& i'm so glad that they finally able to watch the movie. 

Plus, i'm so excited for next week episode (oh no! the ending is coming) :blink: But i'm looking forward for this scene. LOL

But, i have mixed feeling though. It seems like something bad happen to our captain in the upcoming episode :tears:

credit to the owners.

• Like 19