[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

18 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

it is really an emotional burden being with someone like YSJ. Everything Agus said is true. YSJ is mysterious, he will disappear from time to time and who knows, one day he really might never come back. If it is an official assignment she probably will be informed when and where he died, but if it's another black operations, she will never know. Such overhang can really be draining on any r/ship. I am glad this show the couples talk. And they respect each other's space. As much as it hurts YSJ that KMY may want to break up with him, he didn't grab her or stop her when she walked away saying she needs to think if she can handle someone like him. He never uses the fact that he risked everything to safe her etc to try to will her to stay with him.

The scene where KMY think back to seeing YSJ internal struggles on killing Agus is also very well done. And shot so beautifully. As painful a scene for her to see him kill a man, it is even more painful for him to kill a friend. His agony, sadness is done so perfectly by SJK. I can really feel his pain. I think that is probably when she realised that she wanted to protect him as well as hence want to try to handle this r/ship.

So true. Which is why Epi 12 is so far my favourite. Accepting him is one thing but to actually see his work conditions and fully grasp it and to STILL decide to be with him. Wow. That takes a whole lot of courage. To be honest, if I am KMY. I would reject YSJ. I don't have that courage nor can I handle that heartbreak, if he really does die in a black operation, you don't even have a body to mourn. 

• Like 13

20 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

You know, the question that's bothering me right now is: have we seen the last of Dr Daniel and his wife? I hope not! Because they were adorable so I hope that they'll find a reason for them to travel to Korea...although I don't know if Ye-Hwa is allowed into the country, I'm not sure if it's been confirmed but I think she's North Korean, is she not? 

i think he maybe one of the bad guys, they are too mysterious thou 

18 hours ago, gilaswan said:

SiJin tells MoYeon he's been in uniform for 15 years... How old is he?? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Was just looking at some photos and realize SJK has different looks. In certain scenes, he could pass as someone in his 20s and other scenes, he look his age, and more manly. Not that it is a bad thing, just that he is boyish. Lol. As opposed to SHK who looks ethereal in every still n scene. 

Do you guys get what I meant? LOL. *the wait for epi13 is killing me*

I noticed the facial changes as well.  I had wondered if it's due to the need for him to maintain his weight.  Do you remember Jin Goo joking during an interview that SJK couldn't drink or eat with them since he had to stay fit.  He only ate salads or something.  I have noticed that his cheeks would be thinner in  certain shots then fuller in others.  It also might be that since they are filming everything out of sequence, it really does depend on his weight.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, beanizbaby said:

I noticed the facial changes as well.  I had wondered if it's due to the need for him to maintain his weight.  Do you remember Jin Goo joking during an interview that SJK couldn't drink or eat with them since he had to stay fit.  He only ate salads or something.  I have noticed that his cheeks would be thinner in  certain shots then fuller in others.  It also might be that since they are filming everything out of sequence, it really does depend on his weight.

I think I also noticed this about KJW, her faced looked more fuller in episode 10, I believe. Maybe thats just me. 

I just finished catching up in reading like 40 pages on this thread!!! Been away for a few days, I did catch like 80% of the live streaming but have still yet to watch episode 12 subbed. Hope to let you guys know my thoughts on it soon!! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Was just looking at some photos and realize SJK has different looks. In certain scenes, he could pass as someone in his 20s and other scenes, he look his age, and more manly. Not that it is a bad thing, just that he is boyish. Lol. As opposed to SHK who looks ethereal in every still n scene. 

Do you guys get what I meant? LOL. *the wait for epi13 is killing me*

As I've said before and I'll say again, he's the perfect mix of man and boy... Swoon...

• Like 10

Spoiler

I almost forget the sad ending rumour, but somehow mu friend and somepeople keep telling me it will be sad ending...ooh my poor heart, how can i convince them and myself about the sad ending...huaaa

But even dots have sad ending or no...for me this is still the best drama. AIMH have sad ending but one of the best drama too..

So...sad ending or happy ending, i dont care as long as i enjoy the show....♡♡

Edited by Tinkiebell
rumored spoilers should be posted under the spoiler feature.
  • Like 7

I've sacrificied my sleep last nite just to watch both episode subbed (11,12). Cannot wait any longer coz i've endured enuff. Work seems to be never finished! Our captain somehow are trying obeying MY request. I dont like what Argus have said,"big boss is funny, mysterious... But puff.. He dissapeared" (not the exact word lah). Let's hope the end is not like that. SJ said to the American captain that it's lonely without country to serve. I also enjoying a bz life coz i have something to do in this world. But always treasure the rest day\vacation from time to time.

The bromance between SJ DY is excellence compare to their love one (MY n MJ). Chef DY with the salt. .lol.  u've got courage, sir! 

I really want SJ openly crying n trusting MY with his inner feeling. He needs somebody to lend a shoulder to cry. Don't keep it to urself. Sooner or later, it will eat u up. MY is a strong woman to support such a guy. I'm glad she sit down n calmly rethink what had happened. She is smart, she can control their relationship. Love this couple so much. I'm hoping i'll be the same too 

The scene of Chi Hoon n 'blackie' conversation was funny. I laugh bcoz i now understand what r they saying. They both were not understand each other. Blackie wanted a goat....lol. 

I am thinking Yoo ah in's character, is it Yoo Min Gi. The sunbae that both MY n MJ adore? Let's count days, shall we!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: 

• Like 8

I love the scene where Capt YSJ asked KMY if she wants to break up with him. He nailed it.

I also commend Dr. Song when he jogged together with the URK doves. It is like saying "if you can't beat them, join them"! LOL!

Kudos to all cast and crews, I wonder how I will cope once this series ends.

• Like 17

6 hours ago, chubbyzmae said:
Spoiler

I almost forget the sad ending rumour, but somehow mu friend and somepeople keep telling me it will be sad ending...ooh my poor heart, how can i convince them and myself about the sad ending...huaaa

But even dots have sad ending or no...for me this is still the best drama. AIMH have sad ending but one of the best drama too..

So...sad ending or happy ending, i dont care as long as i enjoy the show....♡♡

I 'be watched the whole series twice now, and episode 9 & 12 at least 5 times each....

i'm  more or less convinced that it's not going to be a fairytale ending..

had MKY & SJK broke up in episode 12' then I would be inclined for a happy ending..as 4 episodes would be enough to get them back together.  But since they still a couple in ep 12 , then the likelyhood of a tragic ending is higher to tug the heart strings and make it a KDrama.

The white pebble is significant now as KMY will return to URK , whether alone or not to be determined.

Also Argus words about SJK may prove to haunting true. 'He may never come back'

Also the US army captain says to SJK, 'stay alive, live well' this may have opposite effect.

obviously as a fan a happy ending would be great, but a sad ending will make the series have a lasting effect and memory of Captain SJK.

what do you think?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, gangurhar said:

The more I think about this scene the more anxiety and fright I get so I've stopped thinking about it :')

Everything about that scene gives me a bad feeling. The white shirt, the location, the epilogue-ness of it. 

I am just choosing to erase that from my memory and am praying just like how KES made all the scenes we thought were gonna be bad turn out good this one follows suit 

I FOUND IT...

Just watch that (Beginning of official MV for Always) and there were 2 tombstones, one without name, one with name that seems to be local.

then she was hanging out with the kid in front of what seems like a house... you know..in a front yard. smiling brightly at the kid's drawing. looking over her shoulder... I DONT KNOW MAN... like I Pray to GOD ALMIGHTY that what we're thinking won't happen... I can be sure it is the epilogue...just from the pure look of it. The only question left is Will her LOVE be there with her? or only in "Spirit"... gosh that would SUCK

22 minutes ago, mulder9999 said:

I 'be watched the whole series twice now, and episode 9 & 12 at least 5 times each....

had MKY & SJK broke up in episode 12' then I would be inclined for a happy ending..as 4 episodes would be enough to get them back together.  But since they still a couple in ep 12 , then the likelyhood of a tragic ending is higher to tug the heart strings and make it a KDrama.

The white pebble is significant now as KMY will return to URK , whether alone or not to be determined.

Also the US army captain says to SJK, 'stay alive, live well' this may have opposite effect.

obviously as a fan a happy ending would be great, but a sad ending will make the series have a lasting effect and memory of Captain SJK.

what do you think?

Yeah...sadly i kinda had that feeling the moment that US SEAL dude told YSJ that line... especially THAT moment

• Like 6

I'm so excited for the upcoming episode & it's only saturday...i've been watching episode 12 for countless time now & still can't get enough of the hugging scene. I like it better than the zoomed out balcony kiss scene (still frustrated over that scene). Plus, it really break my heart when YSJ ask MY if she want to break up with him. I played that part over & over, and i admire SJK for saying that line perfectly. I just love his face expression & emotion at that time. 

For the next episode, will YSJ tell MY that he'll go to department store? (KMY asked him to tell her that he'll go to DS if he's going on dangerous mission). the mission while they wering the suit is quite dangerous based on the preview... But i also anticipating the drunk scene. LOL Oh wednesday, please come quickly :flushed: 

• Like 8

Going by how beautifully the drama has been scripted thus far, I'm not too worried about the ending. Believing it will be something satisfactorily, if not great. 

I'm more worried about dealing with the withdrawal symptoms from DotS after Ep 16. :rolleyes:

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, mulder9999 said:

what do you think?

Riots in the streets if SJ dies.  Seriously.  Not memorable, but seriously upset and mad fans.  KES would have to retire and go live in seclusion. 

The last OST is the sexy/happy Junsu song.  This drama also goes against conventional thinking (in regards to SJ/MY) and doesn't do the cliche things.  SJ said he wouldn't make her worry and is good at his job, and his job is staying alive.  Would Captain Yoo lie? NO!   Would MY let him die?  NO!  She's his personal doctor after all. He'll have a very close brush with death, but pull through because he's not a normal man.  They didn't break up because they still have issues to deal with.  Can they make this work with her living in Seoul and him being stationed around the world?  

She will go back there, but not be be alone.  The bad guy being right about the end?  Never happening .If SJ does never come back, then MY will go find him tbh.  He'll be there with her and they'll go live happy lives saving people like the blockbuster couple they are,  while DY/MJ will probably have babies and get married living a normal life. 

And Weibo "rumors" have also been 100% false.  So, I go with 110% Fairytale end. :P 

• Like 20