[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, kristy86 said:

I cried so hard on the breaking up scene, when she said "i don't like you" it mut be so hard for her to ignore how much he mean for her. He's charming but dangerous, she can't erase her fear. But soon after he left she regret her decision. She should have xonfessed her love for h8m. She's just a normal girl, i can realy understand her feelinh and SHK deliver with her great actinh as usual. 

I didn't know about SJK outshine SHK,  for me they are the soul of this drama, they compliment each other. Dots wouldn't have been the same without them. Love this couple so much. The rest of the cast are doing an excelent job in portraying their character. I feel dr.chi hoo, Onew's acting is daebak. Is this really his first time? 

Aisssh, so hard ro type on the phone.

And guess what i have new side job: backreadin soompi Dots tread. 

I agree with this !!  song jong ki and song hye kyo compliment each so well.  When you watch them, I don't feel that its acting -- its almost you can see and feel how their "love story" truly unfolds.  Kudos to all ...  best drama yet ----

• Like 22

I take my earlier words back (I'm kidding haha) but what I love most about this drama is the relationship / bromance / friendship / brotherhood / loyalty / trust between YSJ and SDY. Only they see each outside each other's facade, know what the other's trying to say, respect each other, trust each other, and love each other. With each interaction they have, I like each character even more and them as a whole. I'm sort of jealous as none of the friendships I have are to extent and hope I can find one like this sometime soon~ aha. I wonder what prompted this trust and can't wait to see more scenes (or SDY and YMJ too!!!!) 

Spoiler

tumblr_o36624c8ti1t4c6vro1_500.jpg

cr kdramadaily.tumblr.com

when-you-and-your-bff-match-friendshipgo

• Like 10

2 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

well... Korean people whose never live or study abroad aren't really good in English pronounce.. same like Thai people and Japanese or Chinese.. these countries have their own alphabets and it's not easy for them to translate 2 times..

to me who's get use with my korean friends I can understand how difficult it is for them to speak English.. it's much easier to speak in their language instead.

I know exactly the feeling - English is also not my native language too (OBVIOUS huh from the way I write) hahha... I used to be so intimidated. I didn't dare to write anything in soompi .. I was so afraid and ashamed of my grammar (still ashamed) .. till one day

I decide - what da heck .. so what? As long I get the message across .. no one know me anyway hehehe..

and about the way SJK speak english .. When you tongue never pronounce certain consonants it won't be easy to 'soften' your tongue to say words that used those unfamiliar consonants (unfamiliar to you) - It's not something to be ashamed of .. like us - we will never be able to pronounce the word mianhe/bianhe correctly .. it'll take a lot of practice .. it has nothing to do with ones IQ/brain ... it's the tongue

• Like 19

Episode 6 is another great episode. And it is a very important episode as it marks the turning point not only for the main characters and their relationship but also for the plot of the drama as a whole. The cast again demonstrates their acting ability, including ONew. Song Hye Kyo in particular is excellent. The earthquake scenes look very realistic.

And I thank you all for your very insightful comments with great depth. I have said this before and I'm now saying this again: I personally think your comments and reviews of the drama are way better than many bloggers or professional reviewers out there.

So thank to the whole DOTS team for making it such a great drama to enjoy and thank you all for your support, reaction and wonderful comments which undoubtedly contribute to the success of the drama.

• Like 24

58 minutes ago, namedx said:

Wow, it's been some time since my last post on Soompi, in fact, I've not been active since Healer days; but I felt this was the right time to de-lurk, if only to share how much I've been enjoying this show.

I must admit, I wasn't sold on the show right away, but this last episode sealed the deal for me and made me appreciate just how well executed it is; it's most definitely a cut above the rest when placed alongside dramas of the same genre. 

KES's dramas may not be to everyone's taste, but her style of writing and characterisation is a genre in its own right, and when done well, seeks to offer high quality entertainment; and this is precisely what this drama does, and some more.

As much as I'm enjoying the plot and characters, what elevates this drama for me is undoubtedly the cinematography, and the direction of scenes. I've always found KES's dramas "pretty" to look at, but this drama has taken it a notch higher and has clearly gone out of its way to produce something epic, no doubt at a cost. But when the outcome is as successful as this, with growing ratings to boot, I'm sure the cost of production will be of little consequence. Let's just hope it continues this way right till the end!

The beautiful cinematography is one thing, but what I wasn't expecting, and am most thrilled about, is the attention to detail when zooming in. The show does well to capture those details which symbolise the overall theme and message it wishes to covey. 

My favourite moment of the shoe-lace tie up scene wasn't the gesture itself (though that too was great), rather it was the lingering shot of her "workman" shoes alongside his. There's been a heavy emphasis on the footwear throughout the show, and each time MY chose to wear heels/sandals (though clearly inappropriate in the real world of work) it clearly highlighted her position as a doctor, and the stance she took on her profession as a result of her experiences in the workplace. She's one of the characters who's trying to find her feet, so to speak, and in doing so, felt right at home once she broke away from her heels, and replaced them with the boots passed down to her from another hard-working individual. At that point, she became ready to fulfil her duties as a doctor, and further reasserted her values with regards to why she entered the profession in the first place - to save lives. What great character development. And I love that this put her on equal footing with SJ, who, whilst wearing the same style of shoes, is trying to fulfil his responsibilities to the best of his ability. It was a great moment to showcase them both on the same platform. Nice one, show!

And now we wait... *torture* 

Wow wow wow!! I love your analysis. It's didn't occur to me that there would be so much meaning to it. Personally, what I noticed was how when Shi Jin was walking away from Mo Yeon, he stepped a bit to the side away from her. I took this to mean that he still feels hurt from the rejection but is respecting her and giving her the space she wants and needs. To me it felt like he also saw that she was growing and finding herself again and he acknowledged it. So aside from the fact that they are both busy with their duties, the other meaning of being away from her during this period is so that she finds herself fully and grows into her own person, instead of influencing her decisions and turning her into what he thinks Mo Yeon should be. I can never say enough about how much I love Shi Jin, simply because he respects women and doesn't try to control Mo Yeon. And I love Mo Yeon for not simply being a fool in love or being prideful but also acknowledging that she has her own weakness and she needs time to deal with it on her own. 

Like I said, KES's writing this time is real solid (it really helps that her female characters this time aren't pushovers >.<).

• Like 22

REALLY, I NEVER CAN GET ENOUGH FOR DOTS WITH JUST 60 MINUTES!!:bawling:

This's my second post for DOTS.

I'm working right now, and i keep refresh this soompi again and again. :rolleyes::wub:

Thanks for all of you in here, you are so adorable toooo. I thinks this soompi realy helping me to servive untill next episode.

Agree with Kang Mo Yeon, Yoo So Jin is dangerous but he is so charming too. OMH, how can she compromise it with her self. all of the thing that So Jin did to Mo Yeon, about they first meet "Big Bos", first date, Helicoper, second date and he leave, about fact that he is captain of team alpha, KISS, apologize or confess and he leave again :fearful::expressionless:. omonaaaaa.. I will kick or maybe shoot him if i become Kang Mo Yeon, whatever so damn good or so damn charming Yoo So Jin is. LOL

We know Kang Mo Yeon already fall for him!! Yaaaa, Yo So Jin, you are so complicated!! :phew::rolleyes: The morning when Mo Yeon ask about So Jin and she know that So Jin already left, she looks so upsed! she cry!!!!! She even said he not give she second chance. OMG -.-

But still, i love Yoo Si Jin too!! OMH mianhae Mo Yeon naa. LOL. He is just to perfect too.

And all the metter is Why  I NEVER CAN GET ENOUGH FOR DOTS WITH JUST 60 MINUTES!!  :tears:

Sorry for RIP My english.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, LeMoN_sQuEeZy said:

Does anyone know what the new OST is from today's episode6?

It starts when DY and MJ are talking on the phone and then switches to MY thinking of SJ as he goes on the bus.

1 hour ago, dimpletot said:

It's by Song Ji Eun - Don't look at me like that :wub: I love this song too though it's not OST

1 hour ago, cyang923 said:

wat the ost called durin bus ride it doesnt sound like song ji eun Dont Look At Me Like That

cyang923 is right, it isn't SOng Ji EUn's DOn't Look at Me Like That, it's a new OST, if i am not mistaken it is sung by Kim Na Young, the one posted by @xinwen

here's the cut of the new OST shared by @yoshinene on page321

youtube link

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lanti said:

My 'puppy love' is just the feeling I get from MJ towards DY. I don't know why, probably because the drama didn't really elaborate much on their love besides from snippets/flashbacks that's barely 30 seconds long. I think it's just like someone mentioned from an earlier post, how you connect to a couple is just individual. Like how a few people have posted that they don't like the main otp as much as DY and MJ, I understand that too. Sometimes in certain dramas or stories, I'm more invested with the side couple when their lines don't even equal to an episode. It's all about what is it that their actions, their mannerisms connect with you. 

I spent too much time feeling for MY and SJ that I felt like MJ and DY problem is not really a problem between them. It's a problem from outside source, and like you mentioned, DY is too ...how do I say it...noble? idiot? ... to realize that dude, she loves you. She chases after you. =_=" 

I don't know. I see a lot of kdrama with love stories like DY and MJ that it doesn't attract me as much as main otp. 

Sorry if 'puppy love' offended ya. :D

Like you I also consider the 2nd couple love as ‘puppy love’ :D

Actually there’s no major obstacle – If DY chooses not to be an idiot (using loving tone when I say idiot - so don't consider this as bashing a character - I ADORE DY). I believe a guy that doesn’t try, he is not worth my time … :D .. I likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DY but I am not on his side when it comes to matter of the heart .. I guess his love for MJ is not strong enough (yes there can be 1001 reasons for him not to be with MJ, let cut the story short - his love for MJ is not greater than all the reasons not to be with her). … and further more since the focus is less on them the impact is not there for me. Or may be I’m so used  the noble idiocy themes in most KDrama and it has reached my ‘boiling’ point. I no longer sympathized anyone in that situation.

Anyway like you said – situation appeal differently to each individual …  I don’t hate their scene infact I likeeee every scene in DoTS .. so far I dare not missed a single scene. It’s just the sympathy I’m suppose to feel is not there …

Sorry in advance if anyone offended by my comment - It;s just how I feel about whole situation that doesn't mean I am right

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lanti said:

I had to google to see what you meant. =]] muahaha, but that's a year after they finished filming. 

If ya want good news from Dots, wait a year.... =]]

A lot of similarities also, the girl is 3 years older than the guy....so let's hope and see :wub:

• Like 7

Good thing with DOTS is that we don't have the love triangle. Both main and supporting couples have their own unique love story and obstacles that they need to overcome together. It also avoided the unnecessary shipping wars within a drama. Just love DOTS.

tumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo1_r1_250.giftumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo2_r2_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo5_r1_250.giftumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo3_r1_250.giftumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo7_r1_250.giftumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo9_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo10_r1_250.giftumblr_o3ol8wv1xt1r3hugwo8_r1_250.gif

via lavenderbyun tumblr

• Like 20

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode 6

2016/03/10

photo699893.jpg

This is seriously baffling. "Descendants of the Sun" episode 6 blasted ratings precedents with 28.5%. The drama is most definitely not about action and is all about the romance, the Song Joong-ki stare, and the manufactured drama. I admit to welcoming the earthquake and the chaos it fosters because it pulls the drama out of its extremely romance heavy focus.

What detracts from the high-budget beauty of the episode is the circular happenings between both couples. Si-jin and Mo-yeon has the same fight every episode. Mo-yeon cannot accept his dangerous, unpredictable life style, and he cannot change it to suit her needs. She constantly rejects him, and he constantly puts his foot in his mouth. As for Dae-yeong and Myeong-jin, they are separated by status and family demands, but that doesn't stop them from moping around each other and missing each other. I wish we could see them more like they are with Si-jin. Individually, Myeong-jin and Dae-yeong are just delightful when they're hanging out with the precocious soldier who is madly in love with Mo-yeon.

DOTS1

DOTS2

As for the earthquake, that was a very magnificent scene in its high-budget beauty and overwhelming in its devastation. It heralded in a lot of reflection about what it's like to be a medical professional and the agony one feels when life is lost. Inexperienced and naive Chi-hoon sobs when he loses (what seems to be) his first patient. It would be quite a moving scene if it wasn't for the sweeping background music that almost scoffs at Chi-hoon's emotion - as though his emotion is a paltry nothing in comparison to the music's grandeur. Onewdoes a good job crying after all of his adorable aegyo. 

In general, I believe this drama romanticizes war and natural situations in the literary sense. It is this epic happening that changes lives. It could delve more into the nitty gritty of that rather than focus so much on the back-and-forth of the romances. With the Song-Song couple at the helm, they will never become forgotten should they not be the focus of every scene. There is also a lot of time taken up by all of the flashbacks. I'm not sure if that is meant to fill time or is supposed to effectively bolster the narrative.

Spoiler

DOTS3

DOTS4

There were a few directional shot frames that were, for the first time in the show, very jarring and ungainly. The split screen between Mo-yeon and Si-jin was so haphazard. But then we get the scene that inspired the poster for the show: when Si-jin ties Mo-yeon's shoe, tells her he is glad she is safe, and then they part...again. It would be more effected if these two parted less and got along more.

Although I'm a bit disillusioned by the hype, the show still holds this magnetic appeal. It's written so that the romance, despite its faults, is engaging. We want to find out what happens to our couple, the people they care for, and the land they have decided to stay and protect. What did you think, HanCinema viewers? Is episode 6 deserving of its enormously high ratings?

Spoiler

posterphoto699892.jpg

Orion's trivium: Name of the Week - Song Hye-kyo's name written in Greek would be Σόνγκ Χιέ Κιό.

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-descendants-of-the-sun-episode-6-92291.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Spoiler

• Like 18