Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

*** On December 19th, Im Si-wan had an interview at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul and shared various stories about Coupang Play’s original series “Boyhood”.  Im Si-wan confessed, “I felt pressured because it was my first time doing comedy genre. That’s why I spent a long time preparing it with the mindset that I should do it more thoroughly. I already prepared the mindset that I might not be fully satisfied with my first comedy challenge, but other supporting actors kept laughing at me when we met during the shoot. I felt encouraged when people smiled just by looking at my face and relieved that I had successfully created a character that others could laugh at.”  Expressing his gratitude to “Boyhood” director Lee Myung-woo, “I learned that talking and talking with humor when telling stories have different powers. I believe that wit and comedy materials would have a great impact if they were put in the right places. I had been considering taking on this challenge, but only the director who can handle the comedy genre properly could give me the courage to do it”. Earlier, director Lee Myung-woo expressed his concern that Im Si-wan might have been thinking of retirement because he was so devoted to this drama. In this regard, Im Si-wan explained, “So that’s what the director said in his interview. I think he just put a frame on me because I worked hard as if I was about to retire. I have no intention of retiring at all. Rather, I want to do acting for a longer time. I’m actually making a lot of effort to extend my acting career. It’s a little burdensome because I feel like I’m being forced to retire.”   :kaching1:

20231219142131460ncgg.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231219142129446

*** In a recent interview, Im Siwan spoke about being cast in the second season of "Squid Game."  He shared excitement about joining the Netflix "Squid Game 2."  Im Siwan recalls talking to Lee Byun Hun after watching Squid Game 1 and said, “Hyung, were you the Front Man? The show was so amazing.” During the interview, Im Siwan mentioned that he binge-watched all the episodes of Squid Game as soon as it was released. He added that the show was so enjoyable. He further stated that it is unbelievable that he will appear in the second season of Squid Game. He expressed his excitement by saying that the survival thriller genre is one of his favorites, and he is exhilarated to work on the forthcoming project, which will likely be released in 2024. The creators announced that the original cast will return for Squid Game 2. The new faces to join the hit show include Im Siwan, Kang Ha Neul, and many more.   :heart2:

*** The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: I'm happy that it includes cast members from OTT shows. Im Siwan made the list at No. 3.  :Fist1:

1. Song Kang (“My Demon”)
  2. Kim Yoo Jung (“My Demon”)
  3. Im Siwan (“Boyhood”)
  4. Lee Young Ae (“Maestra: Strings of Truth”)
  5. Lee Se Young (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  6. Bae In Hyuk (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  7. Shin Hye Sun (“Welcome to Samdalri”) 
  8. Ji Chang Wook (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  9. Seo In Guk (“Death’s Game”)
  10. Lee Si Woo (“Boyhood”)

credit : soompi news

Yim Si Wan Shares His Thrill and Surprise on Joining Netflix’s ‘Squid Game 2’

PERSON_20231221144657_19b056f7d8c2ba140f

PS23121900075.jpg

Yim Si Wan recently shared his feelings on joining the cast of Netflix’s original series Squid Game in a recent interview. “It feels like something unbelievable is happening,” he said, expressing his astonishment.

Squid Game revolves around the people who participate in a mysterious survival game with a 45.6 billion KRW (approximately $38 million USD) prize, risking their lives in extreme challenges. The series achieved global popularity, recording the highest views on Netflix. Yim Si Wan has joined the cast for its much-anticipated Season 2.

Yim commented, “I found Squid Game so entertaining that I watched it all at once. It’s a genre I love.” He added, “It was so good that I called Lee Byung Hun afterward and said, ‘You were the Front Man? It’s crazy!’ I was that immersed in the drama, and I still can’t believe I will be a part of the new season.”

He expressed his excitement, saying, “Because it’s a genre I love, it feels unreal. It’s amazing how quickly such a major project was offered to me. It really is a surprising experience.”

Meanwhile, Yim Si Wan is also starring in Coupang Play’s Boyhood. Regarding his role in his comedy drama, he humorously noted, “It’s like experiencing a role indirectly. The job of an actor often involves playing roles with talents that are more extreme than any real talent one might have.” He added, “My character Byung Tae isn’t good at calculations. And there’s a sense of relief in making mistakes but still coming on top.”

source : https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01233286635840160&mediaCodeNo=258

*** On December 20, Im Siwan's interview with a news outlet about his latest project, Coupang Play's web series 'Boyhood' was revealed. Here, Im Siwan expressed his support for Kim Dong Jun, a fellow ZE:A member, who has been starring in KBS' historical drama 'Korea-Khitan War'. Some viewers complained about his performance when the drama first aired. Im Siwan expressed his support for Kim Dong Jun, saying, "During our recent phone conversation, I told him that he made a great choice by choosing 'Korea-Khitan War', considering the growing demand for historical dramas. I didn't get to watch all the available episodes yet, but I'm hoping to find some time to do so. No matter what, I believe we actors are always growing with every moment we spend in this profession. I think Kim Dong Jun made a smart choice by working on 'Korea-Khitan War' during his process of getting better. That was a great and timely decision."  :kitty:

201872714_700.webp

201872716_700.webp

Source : SBS Star

INTERVIEW / Im Si-wan satisfied with his first comic role in 'Boyhood'

ac8e0d01-312c-49d9-b2bf-b0040d0661a8.jpg

By Lee Gyu-lee

Since making his way into acting in 2012, singer-turned-actor Im Si-wan has taken on various roles from a struggling newbie in the series “Misaeng: Incomplete Life” (2014) to a psychotic terrorist in the film “Emergency Declaration” (2021). Yet, comedy had remained uncharted territory for him until now.

e4786ce9-be6f-4701-b9c7-5020ebf97e0f.jpg

Actor Im Si-wan / Courtesy of Coupang Play

Coupang Play’s latest original series “Boyhood,” sees the actor tackle a comic role, playing an uncool high school student.

“Throughout life, I’ve learned that there is a power in wit even in any circumstances. If a story has wit and comedy at the right moments, it can have a tremendous impact. So I’ve been wanting to try it someday and I was able to work up my courage after meeting the right director who can handle it well,” Im said during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Jongno District, Tuesday.

“For me, 'Boyhood' is a work that I didn’t have to try to be cool and unapologetically show my flaws. So I’m hugely satisfied with it.”

The teen comedy series, which premiered Nov. 24, is set in 1989 in South Chungcheong Province and revolves around a high school student called Jang Byeong-tae (Im). Jang has always been a punching bag for his classmates, trying hard to just get through the day without getting beaten up.

One day, Jang and his family run off to a nearby town after his father gets caught running an illegal dance studio. Forced to transfer to a different school, Jang finds a whole new life when he gets mistaken for the town’s best fighter who has a similar name: Jung Gyeong-tae (Lee Si-woo).

The 10-part series is led by Lee Myoung-woo, whose previous works include the hit comedy series, “The Fiery Priest” (2020), and the rom-com series “Backstreet Rookie” (2020).

3652d85b-2d79-4ea4-8b3b-efe4e9c5d3bd.jpg

A scene from the series “Boyhood" / Courtesy of Coupang Play

Im shared that his trust in the director and the script led him to take his first comic role.

“I’ve been wanting to try comedy. At that moment, I happened to come across the Boyhood script.

And it turned out it’s led by a director who does comedy well and whose works I have enjoyed. So my interest grew stronger,” he said.

“They usually give you the draft of the script but the draft felt like an already completed script. It genuinely felt funny. I’ve always felt that seeking works like this is a duty as an actor. So it was fulfilling to find such a project. Although I don’t have much of a sense of humor, I anticipated that I could rely on the director.”

The actor noted that he approached the character with careful consideration, mindful of his inexperience in comedy. First, Im went through an image transformation, getting a bowl-cut hairstyle and pulled his pants up high.

“There was some pressure for doing (comedy) for the first time, so I felt I needed to prepare it more thoroughly and spent an extensive period. My mindset was that I should stay humble although I might not achieve immediate success on the first try,” he said.

“Since I don’t excel in comedy, I approached it thinking I should not overdo it. I didn't attempt to expand beyond my comedic comfort zone. Because if I do, I would be doing comedy that even I don’t relate to and it wouldn’t convince the viewers as well … So I only did what I established with the director and the writer.”

credit : Korea Times
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/12/688_365627.html

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!  The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from November 21 to December 21.  :kaching3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Jung Woo Sung
  2. Kim Hye Soo
  3. Hwang Jung Min
  4. Go Yoon Jung
  5. Lee Byung Hun
  6. Go Min Si
  7. Park Bo Young
  8. Im Siwan
  9. Jo In Sung
  10. Lee Sung Min
  11. Lee Jung Jae
  12. Jung Hae In
  13. Park Seo Joon
  14. Han Hyo Joo
  15. Yoo Ji Tae
  16. Im Soo Jung
  17. Lee Young Ae
  18. Nam Joo Hyuk
  19. Lee Jin Wook
  20. Song Joong Ki
  21. Lee Sun Bin
  22. Ma Dong Seok
  23. Gong Yoo
  24. Ryu Jun Yeol
  25. Kim Tae Ri
  26. Lee Jong Suk
  27. Lee Yoo Mi
  28. Park Hae Joon
  29. Kim Hae Sook
  30. Uhm Jung Hwa

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202312210925495787499def050a_30

*** The newly integrated actor list now includes cast members from OTT shows. Im Siwan made the list at No. 4 this week.   :blush:

Top Most Buzzworthy Actor Rankings For 3rd Week on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Song Kang (“My Demon”)
  2. Kim Yoo Jung (“My Demon”)
  3. Lee Young Ae (“Maestra: Strings of Truth”)
  4. Im Siwan (“Boyhood”)
  5. Shin Hye Sun (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  6. Lee Se Young (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  7. Ji Chang Wook (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  8. Bae In Hyuk (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  9. Han So Hee (“Gyeongseong Creature”)
  10. Park Seo Joon (“Gyeongseong Creature”)

credit : soompi news

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!  The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between November 25 and December 25.   Im Siwan topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 8,048,610.   :heart3:   NICE to see him took the top spot. 

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Im Siwan
  2. Jung Woo Sung
  3. Song Kang
  4. Kim Yoo Jung
  5. Kim Hye Soo
  6. Hwang Jung Min
  7. Jung Hae In
  8. Kang Hye Won
  9. Go Yoon Jung
  10. Lee Young Ae
  11. Shin Hye Sun
  12. Han So Hee
  13. Go Min Si
  14. Lee Se Young
  15. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  16. Lee Si Woo
  17. Bae In Hyuk
  18. Byun Woo Seok
  19. Park Eun Bin
  20. Ji Chang Wook
  21. Park Bo Young
  22. Chae Jong Hyeop
  23. Park Seo Joon
  24. Rowoon
  25. Park Gyu Young
  26. Han Hyo Joo
  27. Jo In Sung
  28. Lee Sung Min
  29. Lee Jung Jae
  30. Yoo Yeon Seok

108737_232806_331.jpg

108737_232807_3310.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=108737

*** On December 28, Hwang Kwang Hee posted a video on his Instagram with the caption, "Sound ON." The video featured Hwang Kwang Hee's recorded voice, and it was a message to Im Siwan. In it, Hwang Kwang Hee called Im Siwan 'Jang Byung-tae', his role in his latest project, Coupang Play's popular web series 'Boyhood'. Plus, since the character 'Jang Byung-tae' is known for using Chungcheong dialects, Hwang Kwang Hee tried to do the same. "Hey, 'Jang Byung-tae'. I was sad to hear what you said. Why would you say that? I did watch that 'Boyhood'. Did it bother you that I didn't mention it? Okay, then. I'll do it, and I'll do it now. I, Hwang Kwang Hee, watches 'Boyhood'. Also, please stop crying. Why are you crying so much in the series?", he said. The video showed some photos of Hwang Kwang Hee as well; he seemed to be trying to look like Im Siwan's character from the series. The post was his response to Im Siwan's previous interview about 'Boyhood', in which he jokingly complained about Hwang Kwang Hee's lack of enthusiasm about the series. "Hwang Kwang Hee usually talked a lot about my work. Whenever I take on a project, he brings it up on television shows or elsewhere. He acts all jealous but it's his way of promoting for me. I secretly appreciated it. However, he hasn't mentioned 'Boyhood' this time. I'm now wondering if he has been 'selectively' promoting my projects. Looking back, I think he only talked about my work when he thought it would be a big hit. I'm guessing he thought 'Boyhood' wouldn't be a hit when I showed him the poster. I was wearing rubber boots and had a radish in one hand and a shovel in the other in the poster. Maybe, Hwang Kwang Hee underestimated the potential of 'Boyhood' because it was Coupang Play's original series, not Netflix's. I'd like to tell him, 'Don't you pass over Coupang Play, man," he said.  :Megalol:   I love their friendship.   :Twerkdatbutt:

201876378_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Beyond appearance change like hairstyle, Im Siwan perfectly pulled off his depressed character in "Boyhood". He has been attracting attention for his clean appearance and shining visuals. Since then, Im Siwan has challenged himself with various characters, from marathoners to terrorists, lawyers, and psychopaths, but in “Boyhood,” Im Si-wan portrayed a different role, which is a bullied genius student named Byung-tae. Im Si-wan received private lessons for three months to learn to speak a Chungcheong-do dialect. However, he said it would be hard to see him in a character similar to Byung-tae again.   :kitty:

***  Exciting small screen content is set to hit screens this year including the return of "Squid Game. This show is highly anticipated series. I believe that it's set to arrive this year. I heard that it's to come out in the latter half of the year.    :kitty:

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors And Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In December 4th Week

1. "Gyeongseong Creature"

2. "My Demon"

3. "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

4. "Goryeo-Khitan War"

5. "Boyhood"

6. "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

7. "The Matchmakers"

8. "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

9. "HyoShim's Independent Life"

10. "Elegant Empire"

good-data-drama-010524-1.jpg

1. Lee YoungAe - "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

2. Shin HaeSun - "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

3. Ji ChangWook - "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

4. Han SoHee - "Gyeongseong Creature"

5. Song Kang - "My Demon"

6. Kim YouJung - "My Demon"

7. Park SeoJun - "Gyeongseong Creature"

8. Lee MooSaeng - "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

9. Yim SiWan - "Boyhood"

10. RoWoon - "The Matchmakers"

good-data-drama-010524-2.jpg

*** During his interview with JTBC's Newsroom, Im Siwan dished on his thoughts about "Boyhood" and the possibilities of having a sequel. Im Siwan also revealed the preparations he made for the role, especially with his dialect. Upon watching this, I lauded Im Siwan's versatility in comedy.   :hypehype:

im-siwan.jpeg?w=820