Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

*** While November is finally coming to an end, a wide array of exciting K-dramas are about to debut. From romance to thriller and even melodrama, we will have a new catalog of prime time fun. Im Siwan returns to prime time with his new  series "Boyhood."  Catch the drama every Friday at 8:00 p.m. KST on Coupang Play.   :Fist1:

boyhood.jpeg?w=820

*** Actor Jung Yoon-jae had been confirmed for "Boyhood".  Originally described as just a student, he is now known to be playing the role of Park Jong-min, the "Flyer" who challenges the lead played by Im Si-wan to a duel over another student. I've seen him in the drama "Missing: The Other Side - Season 2"  together with Go Su.   :cutekitty:

22 hours ago, willenette said:

*** While November is finally coming to an end, a wide array of exciting K-dramas are about to debut. From romance to thriller and even melodrama, we will have a new catalog of prime time fun. Im Siwan returns to prime time with his new  series "Boyhood."  Catch the drama every Friday at 8:00 p.m. KST on Coupang Play.  

Is this drama being aired on any global websites like Viki or Netflix? :brokenheart:

*** Siwan appeared as a guest in a video on the YouTube channel “Zzanbro Shin Dong-yeop,” which was released on the afternoon of November 30th. He mentioned again about his visit to Lee Byung-hun’s house before. Also, Lee Byung-hun recently appeared on a variety program and his house to pay a visit. Regarding this, Im Siwan said, “I think that’s my personality. I don’t think it’s easy for me to distinguish (polite invitations and real invitations). So he must have been actually a little uncomfortable with me. I didn’t even know then. I heard and knew this from the people around me. He was uncomfortable with me.” Shin Dong-yeop commented, “He didn’t expect you would come.”  Si-wan then said, “Lee Byung-hun is the one who gave me the right answer of how to be an actor. He asked me to have a meal with him? Then I would go right away. Whether he actually meant it doesn’t matter to me.”   :kitty:

20231130205022386hifd.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231130205022249

*** "Squid Game" director has said that the Netflix's global smash hit series will return for a second season with new  games aside from new characters. He said this while meeting with reporters at a filming location in central Chungcheong Province on Thursday. Journalists were given opportunities to look around Season 2's two filming sets. "We have been shooting Season 2 since July" he said. The filming for Season 2 will continue until next year, and the release date has yet to be announced.   :kaching1:

AEN20231207008300315_01_i_P4.jpg

A filming set of "Squid Game" Season 2 is seen in this photo provided by Netflix on Dec. 7, 2023. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

*** Im Siwan is making headlines once again for his unstoppable impressive versatility as an actor in "Boyhood". He is making noise with his smooth transformation in the drama. He gains huge traction after bringing back his youthful appearance in the drama, following his creepy villainous acting in his recent works "Emergency Declaration" and "Unlocked." For me Im Siwan never shows boring content. He offers amazingly new projects every time he returns. Besides that, I also lauded his highly perfected implementation of the Chungcheong dialect in the show, which shows his great efforts. 'Boyhood' ranks No. 1 in viewership ratings with 4.6%, ranking first among Friday works. Moreover, it has also become Coupang Play's most popular works for two consecutive weeks. Coupang Play's "Boyhood" airs every Friday at 8:00 p.m. KST.   :kaching3:

boyhood.jpg?w=820

source : Kdramastars

• Like 1

*** Episode 6 of Coupang Play’s “Boyhood” showed the character Byeong-tae (Im Si-wan), who pretends to be a strong person at school, eventually facing a crisis as he gets caught lying. The sounds of him sobbing “woo~” made me feel bad for him. It was also the moment in which Im Si-wan’s acting skills shone in this scene of him crying uncontrollably alone by the river.  In the drama, Im Si-wan has made me laugh and cry like riding a roller coaster in various situations. The 10-episode drama “Boyhood” has gone through half the journey as it already released episode 6. I'm curious whether Byeong-tae will be able to escape the violence that has suppressed him, overcome the painful wounds caused by Seon-hwa, and realize the heart of Ji-young (Lee Sun-bin), who secretly has a crush on him. “Boyhood” viewership soared to No.1 to Coupang Play’s popular drama chart for the third consecutive week and topped Naver’s “most searched drama” list. According to Kinolights ranking, the drama also appeared among popular dramas of 2023.   :piggydance:

im-si-wan-1-121323.webp

im-si-wan-11-121323.webp

im-si-wan-111-121323.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/457517

• Like 1

*** On a recent variety show aired on December 12th, Yang Donggeun appeared as a guest and mentioned the extremely thorough security of 'Squid Game 2'. Yang Donggeun explained, "Security is thorough on the set of 'Squid Game 2'. We sign a confidentiality agreement every day during each shoot. Security tapes are even attached to our phone cameras. We shoot in a very strict atmosphere. We are currently filming. It's not certain, but it seems like it will be released around next year."   :heart3:

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors And Must-Watch K-Dramas  In December 1st Week

1. "My Demon"

2. "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

3 "Goryeo-Khitan War"

4. "Sweet Home 2"

5. "Boyhood"

6. "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

7. "The Matchmakers"

8. "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

9. "Night Has Come"

10. "A Bloody Lucky Day"

good-data-121523-2.jpg

1. Song Kang - "My Demon"

2. Kim YouJung - "My Demon"

3. Lee SeYoung - "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

4. Yim SiWan - "Boyhood"

5. Bae InHyuk - "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

6. Lee YoungAe - "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

7. Shin HaeSun - "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

8. Ji ChangWook - "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

9. RoWoon - "The Matchmakers"

10. Choi SuJong - "Goryeo-Khitan War"

good-data-121523-1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, willenette said:

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors And Must-Watch K-Dramas  In December 1st Week

1. "My Demon"

2. "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

3 "Goryeo-Khitan War"

4. "Sweet Home 2"

5. "Boyhood"

6. "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

7. "The Matchmakers"

8. "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

9. "Night Has Come"

10. "A Bloody Lucky Day"

1. Song Kang - "My Demon"

2. Kim YouJung - "My Demon"

3. Lee SeYoung - "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

4. Yim SiWan - "Boyhood"

5. Bae InHyuk - "The Story of Park's Marriage Contract"

6. Lee YoungAe - "Maestra: Strings of Truth"

7. Shin HaeSun - "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

8. Ji ChangWook - "Welcome to Samdal-ri"

9. RoWoon - "The Matchmakers"

10. Choi SuJong - "Goryeo-Khitan War"

Wow, I guess Boyhood is doing well in Korea! I hate there isn't a place to watch it for international fans though :criesariver:

*** The transformation of Siwan in "Boyhood" is awe-inspiring. …They're making him so “ugly” in the drama. Im Si Wan rocks a bowl cut paired with out-of-trend outfits. But it’s not only his appearance that is convincing the viewers. His acting has gone viral online, his portrayal of the most awkward Jang Byung Tae is so believable… Wow… I had no idea ‘ugliness’ is something one could act out. - hahaha - Whoa, where’s the good-looking, Im Si Wan that I know? So amazing. This is acting on another level. Siwan really “let himself go” for the role.   :blush:

1UA-JttfvCQX0gGSGuXZ8JmagI_WrvHzzhRjcMO-