[Drama 2015] ⁂ The Producers프로듀사 ⁂

jerebtang

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, I miss the umbrella couple :tears: my day wouldn't be the same without them..

I second to that...I have re-watched this drama for the 3rd time. I can't move on... any suggestions? Just to fill out the empty space... :-(

Thoughts for a 2nd Season:

I am looking at the quote "credit: koreatimes.co.kr" on page 389 by "ilwoo_aein", posted 21 June 2015:

"And while the output was not all bad for a first try, “The Producers” went on to prove that breaking new ground just is not easy. The writing and direction made attempts at humor, which only Kim and Gong were able to pull off, and the complications were at times overwrought. It was not quite “Misaeng” in that it did not successfully rule out romantic relationships like the tvN drama series did, and its cameo appearances were impressive but more often than not unnecessary."

Regarding the humour, well, I do agree that Kim and Gong did a great job, but there are a lot of other great comedic talents in the world.  Furthermore, once a cast is selected a good writer can write in anticipation of the cast members' strengths.  So I think that saying that "only" they could have succeeded in these roles is an overstatement.

As for the "complications" getting "overwrought", I need an example.  It can be a matter of taste.

As for it not quite being "Misaeng", because it had "romantic relationships", it does not have to be "Misaeng".  On the other hand, I wonder how much "romance" there would have been if the original production team had been kept?  Apparently, the unrequited love elements were a part of the original concept, but we do not really know if it would have been emphasized as much.

As for the "cameo appearances" being unnecessary, well of course they are "unnecessary", but they were "fun".  A drama can be "fun". . . .

"Overall, it didn't quite “accurately depict the joys and sorrows of this generation’s producers,” as it promised it would in its project proposal."

I have never seen the original project proposal, but I will take that quote as being accurate.  I tend to dislike inaccuracies in product descriptions, but really, did anyone expect a drama to be "accurate" in this regard?  It is more a question of how badly twisted the presented facts become, and even then it is a matter of taste whether it is "too much".  I have been surprised by new "true facts" that have been uncovered over time.  I was particularly surprised that the real PD of "Music Bank" is actually married to the PD of "2 Days, 1 Night".  I was also surprised by the rumour that Suzy liked someone on the "2 Days, 1 Night" staff.  I wonder how much that Song Hae said about "National Singing Contest" were his own thoughts.  I expect that there are more bits of true facts hidden around scripts.  Would an 8 year old video tape of a live interview of a young Idol Group be kept?  I do not know. . . .

“It wasn't a cable series, so it couldn’t exclude romance from its plot,” said one broadcaster staffer. “And though it wasn’t a complete failure, I don’t think anyone will be trying something as reckless as this in the near future.”"

I think at this point I will just write my thoughts on a possible "Season 2":

Going back to my comments that the Gong and Kim are not necessary for the comedy to succeed, I would have to say that I agree that what was originally planned script-wise cannot be done on broadcast TV.  It needs a distribution system that can cater to a smaller audience.  And the cost of their "A-list" main cast is the heart of the problem.  To pay for this cast, one has to go "broadcast" and include all the product placements that have been criticized.  So that seems to be the central choice.  Do you want the smaller cheaper "Producers" or the bigger expensive "Producers"?

Personally, having seen what I have seen so far, I am happy to see the big expensive "Producers" for Season 1.  But the reason I want to see a Season 2 is not the same as most other people.  I want a "Season 2" so that it might be picked up for broadcast in North America.  I think a "Seaons 2" would have to be quite different from the "Season 1" anyway.  If the current cast is kept, then I think YJ and RJM should get married, which would be a nice long term story line, and the relationship between BSC and Cindy would be followed.  To do this, I would get Cindy a small hosting job at KBS to keep her at the building on a regular basis.  I am not so sure whether she should be kept as a regular on "2D1N".  That might be too close for a good story line.

But the alternative is also intriguing.  If the show goes "cable" or even simply made available for streaming, then they can try a "Season 2" with a new, less expensive cast.  If this is done, then it can try a different writing approach overall.  The question is whether it would be acceptable to package the two versions in a single series for re-sale in North America?  I cannot answer that one.

I think it is important to get a show picked up in North America some day.  Whether it is this show or some other, now or later, is the real question.

After Producer end, IU wrote on her fancafe From.U

[TRANSLATION] 150623 From.IU - I’m here

We have more new family members (uaenas) now.
Nice to meet you guys!
Ah long time no see. You’ve been waiting quite awhile~ for this from.IU post right?
Aigoo.. I miss you guys..
I’ve been well! I’m healthy and busy all this while. Come to think of it half a year is already gone!
But there’s still a lot left to do. Heaps of stuff to do!
Ah so excited!! Keke the spring festival is over and now it’s the start of the summer festival! Feels like this life will never end! Feels like I’m immortal!
Without slowing down, I’m excited already! The order (of my schedule) has not been decided yet, so it’s still a mess but each of these things are going to turn out to be interesting in the end.
Ah.. There’s lots that I’ve promised you guys, but if I want to keep to all of them, I’ll be really.. very excited.. kekeke
There’s lots I want to do now too. I’m feeling energetic. And looking good because of my hair.. Yep.. Please look forward to it uaena!
As I was filming the drama, I dropped by uaena fancafe and downloaded pretty photos of myself. Reading your messages of support, diary entries, complaints, etc. I felt recharged! Thank you. Not just that but really thankkkkk youuuuuuuu♡
Hwaiting for the rest of the day! I’ll be back again soon!

Translated by squishy with love

http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/122242871032/translation-150623-from-iu-im-here

When Uaena asked her what was scene that left her deep impressions she said "you're going to think about me, right?" (36 or more times! lol) Referring to 'that scene... :rolleyes:

Embedded image permalink

[TRANSLATION] 150623 IU replies to her own From.IU post - 6:06PM

Fan: Which line in Producer left you with the deepest impression? 

IU: You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right? You’ll think of me right?.. 

(from the playground scene after IU kissed KSH) 

Translated by squishy with 

http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/122244709752/translation-150623-iu-replies-to-her-own-from-iu

Guest nicolec0

Aw, I miss the umbrella couple :tears: my day wouldn't be the same without them..

I second to that...I have re-watched this drama for the 3rd time. I can't move on... any suggestions? Just to fill out the empty space... :-(

I dont know how, I can't move on myself and it's killing me lol.. It wouldn't be the same they're just too perfect for each other.. I dont want to see IU with somebody else except for KSH :phew:

Guest theprodigy

I dont know how, I can't move on myself and it's killing me lol.. It wouldn't be the same they're just too perfect for each other.. I dont want to see IU with somebody else except for KSH :phew:

HAHA so true!! hopefully IU auditions for a role in KSH next movie real, tho its rather unlikely cuz apparently they are looking for 25-30 aged actresses who are willing to shoot revealing scenes

You know what, it just occured to me that the cast watched the final episode together. Imagine the pink cheeks on KSH and IU's face and the "uuuuuuuuu...." by everyone when they watched all the sweet cheesy scenes between KSH and IU in that episode (i.e. the stare scene, the holding hand scene, the blanket scene) hahahaa

Guest nicolec0

@theprodigy True IU isn't qualified for the role and willing to shoot revealing scene is not her image lol but hopefully a CF of both of them together would be nice.. If only they showed us more BTS of KSH and IU :(

Guest nicolec0

@nataliakay Hopefully love will be born in real life for KSH and IU thru the drama the producer and we will see a true happy ending like a continuation of the drama but in real life lol :P

Kim Sun-ah (Da Jung- Music bank maknae) thinks Kim Soo hyun and IU have happy ending in producer. #SooU shipper :wub:

CIqcSN0UYAAl8Mi.jpg

Kinda disappointed the SP only had 10 minutes worth of NG scenes. I wish there would be more and longer!

But that 10 minutes is entertaining enough. I can't stop laughing when KSH going 'opera-mode' out of sudden moment.

And that stare scene between IU and KSH to the point IU they need to take a quick breath was cute and romantic.

Guest CrystalDsouza

helloooooo....m toooo missing KISH-IU :( hope to see them together soon :) and this time i want a passionate kiss between them kekekkekek :P

Producer.jpg

hahahha i lovedddddddddddddd it...the way he responded.....he was actualy ready to get slapped by her...omo so cute but wait that means they are use to it..like she always use to behave like this only infront of himor with him wowwww :wub: he really have a crush on her..heheh why he never look at her :phew:

Archived