[Current Drama 2015] My Unfortunate Boyfriend/나의 유감스러운 남자친구

SamShop Watch

After that spectacular kiss from ep. 12 :wub:, I feel a little disappointed that there weren't much lovey-dovey moments between the two lovebirds in eps. 13 and 14. Also, I feel a bit of trepidation that the ending will be rushed.  :(Anyhow, come what may, I'm still loving this drama and I'm so going to miss it esp. Tae Woon the adorable. The way he calls Ji Na has already been embedded in my subconscious. :P

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Ep 13 and 14 with Eng sub, we know that Director Kang wanted to be the CEO of IM and he will do anything to succeed.  I think Hye Mi is not on board on Director Kang's goal on becoming a CEO cause he will lost his hold on him.  Kinda, funny that Hye Mi's Dad seems like to have another plan.

We have two ep left and really not  sure how this will end, I think Ji Na's Dad will eventually help TW.  I am just hoping that our OTP will have a happy ending.  Not really sure about Director  Kang and Hye Mi;s one sided love.

One of the thing that bother's me in K-drama is how a  personal information/data can be obtained esp if you have money without any problem(LOL) just ranting.

director kang seemed very sincere to ji na. I dont think he would use her against tae woon to get the ceo position as he states that he will to hyemi's dad. It also seems like hyemi's dad has another plan. Maybe if tae woon wins he would push hyemi towards him.

I think director kang after losing ji na is sort of having feelings for hyemi.

[N]imble; n.ifty; n.ice

[O]ffbeat, as in  ‘upbeat’

[M]usic-able; m.ulti-talented

nviting

[N]oteworthy

[W]hippy

[O]utstanding

[O]cularly impressive

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIN WOO-SSHI!

THANK YOU FOR GIVING US JOY THROUGH THIS DRAMA – MY UNFORTUNATE BOYFRIEND.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!

STAY STRONG AND SHINING!

SARANGHAE!

Checked the raw ep 15 and looks like Ji Na's Dad forgive TW's uncle not really sure what will happen at the end. 

In the prev Director Kang is proposing to Hye Mi . Don't know what's going to happen with the OTP and CEO position.  

Yes, it is finally over,  I know that not a lot of viewers like this drama. I did like the story, a simple one not complicated at all.  One thing that keep me watching is the female lead, she may not be an A lister but she manage to play her role nicely.  Hopefully, she will get a better project, like Bride of Century.

One thing that keep me watching is the female lead, she may not be an A lister but she manage to play her role nicely.  Hopefully, she will get a better project, like Bride of Century.

^ same here..:)

Hi, guys. Just my rambling thoughts on MUB's finale.

Although bearing in mind the light-hearted and somewhat quirky quality of the drama, I was a bit disappointed at how it ended:

A] They were 'too' generous with the greedy, ambitious, two-timing Kang Hee Chul who got IM under his helm without having to put up much of a fight, and who still had Jung Hye Mi by his side despite his duplicity;

B] Jung Hye Mi's stunted character development. Her pride has been stepped on too often and she isn’t in love with Hee Chul, she is obsessed with him; and

C] That dispassionate kiss. I know that Ji Na was taken aback at the sight of Panda and/or his sweet seaside proposal but, I couldn't understand why they kissed that way [it's the kis-scrupulous in me LOL]. Their lips weren't moving. Ji Na did not respond with passion. The Tae Woon-hanging-from-tree kiss scene in ep. 12 was way better.

In regard to the uncle/Chairman Yoon, who has lived the rest of life with sadness and regret on account of his past as a cruel, cunning, ambitious businessman and his act of nurturing and/or reforming Dir. Kang, whom he saw as a younger version of himself, as his son or protégé as an act of self-redemption was understandable but, I couldn't understand it. To me, it was as if that he has been only been courting Tae Woon to join the company not for Tae Woon’s sake but, for his own sake.

Now, as to the positives of MUB:

A] No Min Woo did an amazing job in portraying the character of Tae Woon.  He was so into character. It is not unbeknownst to all that Min Woo has been under some adverse circumstances during the filming of the drama [ongoing gay rumours and onset of legal battle vs SM] but, these never got in the way of his delivery. That in itself is worth commending. Although the chemistry between him and Yang Jin Sung was not that explosive, nonetheless, it was good. Jin Sung's character is not that complicated in this drama thus, her star didn't shine so bright unlike in BotC and so, here's to hoping that for her next project, it would be a melo;

B] Tae Woon's beautiful flower garden is like a little piece of heaven on earth;

''A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.'' -Victor Hugo;

C] The many cute, merry moments like Panda, the Clown, the magic show, Mal Sook's costumes, ''Ji Na-sssssssssshi!'', the spectacular kiss scene with Min Woo up the tree, the unique moss ring [LOL], and many more; and

D] The many relevant life lessons.

a] Honesty and humility [best personified by Tae Woon] are the best policies. ;]

b] Love emboldens. It makes one courageous and gallant.

c] Covetousness and its regretful consequences best exemplified by the Chairman's lack of inner peace.

d]''Standing on one's own two feet'' [the case of the silver-spoon-fed Hye Mi].

e] Passion and perseverance in the pursuance of one's dreams or aspirations [Ji Na].

Anyway, it was nice to have watched my Min Woo’s drama with you, guys. Thanks for all you wonderful posts and thanks to SamShop Watch for having opened this thread. See you around. =]

I'm going to miss this drama despite the low ratings. The story line seems to be the problem here. 

But, I like the soundtrack. The cast are great especially No Min Woo and Yang Jin Sung. After seeing her in Bride of the Century I was hoping for a new drama for her and be paired with No Min Woo. It happened, but I was a little disappointed because this is not the kind of drama I wish for them to be featured. I hope, someday that they be reunited in something heavier, I definitely think they can pull it off. They are very good actor and actress.

Archived