[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Cha Seung Won and I don't like to see him as a bad guy, but as long as he is on a drama I don't care that much, it is the only dramas I wish the bad guys win..

​@lupita.... Well, Well "our" (hehe) Cha Seung Won is killing his role in this drama with his charming handsome and super acting self. With every episode the transformation he embodies on the king is so realistic, Cheona. Impressive every episode.

​                        

GW.jpg

untitled20150424085822.png?w=768

Fe2lRPk9j7Nw635615780187516435.jpg

As tagged

@SMP567 @zenya22,  

I have another Saguek I'm going to watch it's also regarding the politics in Gwanghae reign and that's the book of correction based on the memoirs of one of the court minters at that time LSR.. It goes into details of the political era during the Imjim war at that time.. I know GW took over running the court at that time because the King was being criticized by the citizens.. Just waiting for enough sub episode to come out before  start to watch.. I hate it's not being sub fast like Hwajung       

@SMP567 @zenya22,  

I have another Saguek I'm going to watch it's also regarding the politics in Gwanghae reign and that's the book of correction based on the memoirs of one of the court minters at that time LSR.. It goes into details of the political era during the Imjim war at that time.. I know GW took over running the court at that time because the King was being criticized by the citizens.. Just waiting for enough sub episode to come out before  start to watch.. I hate it's not being sub fast like Hwajung       

​@valsalva, thank you for posting. It looks good too. I am going to start watching.

@valsava    Oh so it is currently airing and filming.  Wow! Another 50 episodes...

Just Hwajung alone I'm pretty tied up.  I guess I'll have to chill out for now  :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for the invitation though.

@SMP567

I also favour MBC sageuk since Dae Jang Geum, so I visited these location

Visited the Dae Jang Geum set in Yangju (대장금 테마파크 - now pull down)

Queen Seondeok set in Gyeongju

Taewangsasingi set in Jeju-do

Seen the actual Portrait of Queen Seondeok in Seondeoksa Temple in Jeju-do

MBC Dramia in Yongin where Queen Seon Deok, Yi San, Dong Yi, Horse Doctor & most of the MBC sageuk after that & currently Hwajung (3 times)

Eosilgak Hall in Bogwangsa Temple (보광사) in Paju to go & visit Royal Noble Consort Suk Bin of Choe clan (Dong Yi, birth mother of Yeongjo) memorial shrine is enshrine & was her favourite visited temple. Her tomb Soryeongwon is nearby. Caretaker of the temple open Eosilgak Hall for us to see her memorial tablet

In 1740 (the 16th year of the reign of King Yeongjo Choi Suk Bin’s son in Yi Dynasty), the main hall Daeungbojeon and Gwaneumjeon Hall were renovated and this temple was nominated as the best wishing temple (祈福寺 well-wishing temple) for the heavenly well-being of nearby Soryeongwon (昭寧園 Soryeong garden), the tomb of the mother of King Yeongjo, Choi Suk Bin.

I also recently went to Hahoe Village in Andong (November 2014) & where Ogyeonjeongsa House (옥연정사) is the place Ryu Seong Ryeong wrote Jingbirok (Book of Corrections)

Namhansanseong Fortress Gwangju, Gyeonggi-do where Injo fled for refuge during the 2nd Manchu Invasion in 1636 & was besiege by the Manchu for 49 days before Injo surrendered, not because fortress was overrun, it is because Injo ran out of food & was starving

Namhansanseong Fortress reconstructed by Gwanghaegun, later Joseon Kings renovated Namhansanseong Fortress as a Haenggung (temporary place) that had all the facilities (remember Sukjong hid Dong Yi at this temporary place after she return from Uiju)

@zenya22

Your question about Seonjo (1552-1608) parentage

Seonjo is the 3rd & youngest son of Deokheung Daewongun Yi Cho (이초 -1530-1559)

Daewongun (대원군 similar to Prince Regent) is the official title of the birth Father to the reigning King who is or was not the preceding King or Crown Prince

Seonjo Mother is Hadongbu Daebuin of Jeong clan (하동부대부인 정씨1522-1567). She is the Great Grand daughter of Jeong In Ji (1398-1478), perhaps famously known for having written the postscript of the Hunmin Jeongeum Haerye, the commentary on & explanation of the hangeul invented by Sejong the Great in 1443). She issue 3 sons & a daughter

Deokheung Daewongun (덕흥대원군 -Seonjo Father) is the 7th son of Jungjong (the reigning King feature in Dae Jang Geum) & his mother is Royal Noble Consort Jang Bin of Ahn clan (1499-1545) who issued 2 sons & a daughter. Deokheung Daewongun was the eldest son of Royal Noble Consort Jang Bin of Ahn clan

There were 4 Daewongun (대원군) in Joseon Dynasty

First of course there is Seonjo's Father - Deokheung Daewongun (덕흥대원군)

then 2nd came Injo's Father Jeongwon Daewongun (정원대원군 Yi Bu (이부) - 1580-1619), the 6th son of Seonjo with his mother Royal Noble Consort In Bin of Kim clan (1555-1613) who is was her 3rd son. Royal Noble Consort In Bin of Kim clan issued 4 sons & 5 daughters (must be Seonjo favourite). In 1623, Jeongwon Daewongun  was given the posthusmous title Daewongun as the birth father of Injo. then he was posthumously honoured as Wonjong (元宗 - King) in 1632 with considerable opposition. (The character of son & mother was feature in the drama King's Face)

3rd is Cheoljeong's (25th Joseon King 1831-1863) Father -  Jeongye Daewongun (1785-1841)  was the 3rd son to Euneongun (은언군, 恩彦君) Yi In - 1755-1801, Father: Crown Prince Sado, (posthusmous title Jangjo 장조, 莊祖 in 1899) Mother Royal Noble Consort of Suk Bin of Im clan, half brother to Jeongjo - he was feature in Yi San)

The 4th & the last & the most famous Daewongun where the specific title is associated with is Gojong Father - Heungseon Daewongun (흥선대원군 1820-1898 - feature in the drama Doctor Jin). Heungseong Daewongun is 6th descendant from Grand Prince In Pyeong Yi Yo (인평대군 이요1622-1658), 3rd son of Injo & Queen Inheon

Archived