tealee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More casting news...

@crystalmoon64: Chae Subin joins cast of #Spy Costars w #김재중 n Yu Oseong: Will play 'Suyeon' a NK spy http://t.co/Bw4n2DDv9w http://t.co/ISQewmjsyT

Embedded image permalink

#스파이 #Spy will premiere on Friday January 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM !!! #김재중 #Jaejoong
via @crystalmoon64

'Spy' is new miniseries created ambitiously by KBS. Starting Jan. 9, 2015, it will be aired 2 epis a day fr 9:20PM to 11:00PM, every Friday!
via forjj

Guest titinio

gonna share this too ^^

"Israeli #Spy Drama ‘The Gordin Cell’ Picked 4 SK Remake-Korean pilot?"

B4ne5FVCIAAlwCK.png

cr. jaejoongholics

jaejoong character is a pilot? ;) i like that sound already~
:x

ps : today (12/12) jaejung seems still filming and will catch flight to japan if not this evening then tomorrow morning for JYJ osaka concert. then on 15/12 return to korea to continue filming.

must be tough, i hope all his fansites get ready with their food's truck to feed this poor guy and the whole staff in this cold weather

A201412120266_1_99_20141212111520.jpg

[Full TRANS] JYJ member #김재중 and actress Go Seonghi are finalized as male and female leads for KBS's new drama Spy. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=004&oid=215&aid=0000226603

Kim Jaejoong will play Seonwu, a genius NIS NK Intelligence Analyst with brilliant brain and superb observational skills, and Go Seonghi is Yunjin, an office worker who has a secret in Spy(Written by Han Sangwun/Yi Gang, Directed by Bak Hyeonseok). They will play lovers.

Spy is an adaptation of an Israeli drama MICE. It is a story about an ordinary housewife mother who has a hidden past. Her son finds it out, and she has to hang her life on the line. Family members who love each other dearly must deceive each other. This is a drama with a brand new concept: Family-Spy Thriller.

Seonwu played by # 김재중 is exceptionally smart and possesses superb analytical skills. He is very professional at work but is ever warm and sweet in front of his family and lover. Jaejoong will portray two extreme charms of Seonwu. Kim Jaejoong proved himself as an actor through MBC's Triangle, Dr. Jin and SBS's Protect the Boss. Viewers are highly interested in what charms he has in stored for his next project.

Go Seonghi's character Yunjin looks calm and innocent from outside but is living with a secrete she can't share with anybody. She had been praised for her acting in dramas like MBC's Nightwatchman and Miss Korea and movies.

Kim Jaejoong and Go Seonghi are expected to portray a heart fluttering romance as lovers. Viewers are excited about the birth of a visually stunning couple and their sweet romance.

Kim Jaejoong commented, "I really wanted to do this drama because the fresh topic of the drama and the attractive character. I am excited about co-starring with actors whom I have great respect for. And he added, "Spy is based on the original MICE and will be fast paced, and the topic is very interesting. I would proudly recommend it to people who enjoy American TV series."

Go Seonghi said, " I'm excited and nervous at the same time since this is my first appearance in KBS. I will do my best to be mysterious in the drama since Yunjin has a secrete so viewers become more curious. Yunjin holds a lot of pain inside her. Please embrace her and give her a lot of love."

#Spy is KBS's ambitious new Friday Miniseries and will air every Friday from 9:20PM to 11:00 PM. Two 50 minute episodes will be aired back to back.
Via crystalmoon64

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/8-12/14/2014 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-128-12152014-will.html?spref=tw

Jaejoong at filming site

Guest sullifish

tealee said: valsava said: @tealee,  If this is KbS new approach I'm liking the sound of it already two episodes a night hope it works out well maybe the other station will start to use this same format.. 

Guest Wakemetonight

but i wonder this is jaejoong image or jaejoong painting... :-? seriously this poster s giving me chills all over my body....really can't wait for drama...

Done with my studies and back. I see things are going along with the production. The Friday slot is a bit worrying, yes, but other channels are offering things there, so maybe KBS has enough data to believe they can keep more people in their homes. I mean, if folks can get two episodes of movie-like works for free, essentially, they would perhaps think twice before spending on a movie.

It really depends on Korean audiences and the quality of this show. At least with Jae Joong here, it will be an instant sell abroad, so even if Korean audiences don't bite, the show and its makers/cast/staff will still get paid. And if it does well abroad, enough to meet domestic level of financial success, then they'll be over the moon anyway.

Primetime drama ratings are sad this year in Korea. That's why half the main stars were idols and even the actors are hallyu-friendly. If they can't sell domestically, they have to sell abroad. So the slot and channel won't matter much then. No worries yet. :)

Guest wing834

YAYYYY!  finally updates on the drama! the teaser pic is so cool! 
regarding ratings, we shouldnt b too concerned it and compare it to series broadcasting on mon-tue/weds-thu, but rather see it on its own... if it exceeds the current 4-5% and gets in the region of 7% then we should be celebrating XD
and nowadays, the online buzz is also something that counts towards the success of a drama :)) stay positive guys!

Jaejoong, Ko Sung-hee to portray romance in ‘Spy’

Updated : December 14 2014
Ko Sung-hee and Jaejoong (Saram Ent / C-JeS Ent)
Singer and actor Jaejoong and actress Ko Sung-hee will star as romantic leads in the upcoming KBS drama “Spy.”

Jaejoong and Ko recently confirmed that they would star in the lead roles of the thriller drama, said an official from the public broadcaster KBS.

In the Friday drama, Jaejoong will play the role of Sun-woo, a South Korean intelligence agent, who is in love with office worker Yoon-jin, played by Ko.

The plot of the political drama, based on an Israeli drama “Mice,” revolves around complicated interactions surrounding the families
of Sun-woo and Yoon-jin.

Jaejoong (OSEN)
“The unique theme and charming character made me take the role. I am excited to work with famous senior actors. The interesting theme and story will capture many viewers’ hearts,” Jaejoong was quoted as saying.

Ko Sung-hee (OSEN)
Ko also expressed her excitement, saying “I am thrilled to participate in my first-ever KBS drama. I will try my best to effectively portray Yoon-jin, a mysterious character who carries a secret.”

The drama will air two episodes in a row from 9:20-11 p.m. every Friday, starting Jan. 9.

By Kim Min-jin (minjin103@heraldcorp.com) 

kpopherald

I'm very disappointed with this "lead roles" thing. I'd really hate it if they changed the story just to shove romance to its center. I hate it when dramas force in romance for popularity when the story does not really require it and this was supposed to be a story about a son and his mother. When you have a grand and thrilling premise such as family on opposite sides, romance feels like a silly thing to focus on. I hope they don't.

Guest wing834

I do really hope that the romance doesn't get the main limelight... Especially with the concept of the drama... Looking forward to the mother and son plot :D

Archived