tealee

@Jaeholic13

I'm in California so have to wake up way early to watch any of the Kdramas LIVE and raw!
Then have to stay up later to watch the drama again with English subs...Aigoo!!!

:P

But yes, only hoping for positive vibes to Spy...It has a great premise so wishing for the powers that be to deliver.
We should be hearing more soon and frequent since Jaejoong doesn't really have vast amount of time (he has to travel to Japan for the JYJ concerts and back and to Japan again and back to Korea...)

Oh and the last time he posted on IG, he is still dirty blonde. He will probably be dark haired as a South Korean NIS. So looking forward to shorter hair/darker hairrd Jaejoong soon...

Embedded image permalink
fan made poster as tagged

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suncine445

Orion said: suncine445 said: I saw her act on NWJ . True, not outstanding as most comments but then most of them are not great either. Only 1 or 2 veteran actors did a good job in that drama.Mostly the plots and direction sucks. But the irony, the drama did well on rating.

Via @crystalmoon64

[Part Trans] #김재중 #Spy Unconventionally, new faces are casted as female leads in recent and upcoming dramas, why? http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=382&aid=0000289879

From the initial stages of drama production, the casting emphasis is given to the male Hallyu star who is critical for the TV ratings and overseas sales. Top actresses tend to avoid the female characters with lesser impact. Low ratings recorded for dramas that casted female stars as one top had influence as well.

The overseas sales has become one single most important part of drama production in recent years. Consequently, the production companies tend to rely on influential Hallyu stars and most of them are male stars. As the result, the impact of female characters in dramas became relatively weak...

68267169.2_99_20141201065839.jpg?type=w4

In fact the title roles of the dramas Im Jiyeon and Go Seonghi will star are Lee Seunggi(Kill Me, Heal Me) and Kim Jaejoong(Spy). They are among the top Hallyu stars who have command of formidable forces in both TV ratings and overseas sales.

The roles they will play in each drama are substantial... Kim Jaejoong leads the drama as a genius analyst who specializes in North Korean society. But ... Go Seonghi will play a minimal role as his girl friend and a helper.

These days, it is not easy to find actresses with presence, either. A drama production insider commented, "The balance between male and female leads in a drama is critical." "It is impossible to cast a star actress if the drama is mainly about the male lead."

In other words, bad actresses are cast because of the sexism in the Korean drama industry and they are bashed because of the sexism in the Korean drama fan community. Sad for women all around.

At least people are speaking up about this. This is how progress is made. Also, lol at the "genius" part. What is it with dramas and geniuses? Being smart and hardworking used to matter. Now all leads are born perfect. :)) I guess people perceive of youth as inexperience, so all the younger actors need to be "geniuses" to convince audiences. A stereotype. Plenty of young folks are well-educated and bright, for crying out loud. Ok, maybe not doctors. Teenage-looking doctors are a bit silly. :P

Guest suncine445

[Part Trans] Cable channels' phenomenal success shakes up terrestrial programmings in Korea  cr crystalmoon64

KBS decides to relaunch Friday Night Drama Zone next January in decades in a desperate attempt to make changes in the trend. Various formats will be adopted and experimented.

tvN's unexpected success in conquering the Friday night time slot prompted KBS's decision.

Moon Bohyeon, Director of KBS Drama Department commented, "Please regard this as a programming strategy we came up with after long, agonizing contemplation."

source : http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&sid1=106&sid2=221&oid=001&aid=0007273952

Heard through the grapevine (AKA Twitter) that Spy Episode 4 script is completed already...
Either the writer have thought about this drama for a while (well it is based on another drama) and came well prepared with well thought out plans...Or just able to whip up scripts (dialogue and scenarios) real quickly...

Either way if true, should bode well for the drama with tight schedule and all...

A Spy with specs looks great too...Does it make SeonWoo (or SunWoo) look more of a 'genius' type? Not really...hahaha
Agree with @Orion, to hammer in the 'genius' part is unnecessary. Being in NIS (and supposedly a well regarded Intelligence agent) should already be understood that the guy is smart and good in what he does.
It will bother and will just drive SeonWoo crazy that his genius didn't clue him to his mother's past...LOL...Hence the drama right?

B3u79HLCIAEdNgr.jpg
Cr: eskey__

Ko Sung-hee confirms lead role in ‘Spy’ with Jaejoong

Updated : December 01 2014

Actress Ko Sung-hee (OSEN)
Actress Ko Sung-hee is to play the lead role in the upcoming KBS2 drama “Spy.”

According to an official involved in the KBS television series on Saturday, Ko is to play the part of Yoon-jin, costarring with JYJ member and actor Jaejoong.

Ko Sung-hee and Jaejoong (Saram Ent / C-JeS Ent)
While Jaejoong will play the role of South Korean NIS agent Sun-woo, Ko is to play his girlfriend. After a North Korean spy threatens to harm her family, Ko’s character is forced to choose between her love and her family in North Korea.

“Spy” takes place after the execution of the second-most powerful man in North Korea, Jang Song-thaek. The action drama will have 16 episodes and is scheduled to air on Fridays, starting in January.

By Kim Min-jin (minjin103@heraldcorp.com)

kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201412011106029472385_2 

Looking at these filming locations, there is nothing glamorous or modern. I kinda expect something more high tech and pleasing to the eyes. The lead is a top notch NIS agent, shouldn't the background be more like the C.I.S. TV series? LOL.
The drama sure looks like will be darker than I think. I am very excited but at the same time, a little scared because I don't like dark themes. I hope Jaejoong does not has to suffer a lot of physical and mental hardship. My heart can't take that. haha.

Spy Schedule with translations...
via jaejoongholics @jaejoongholics

#Spy Schedule Recap 14/12/02-04 http://cafe.daum.net/fridaydrama2015  #스파이 #スパイ #김재중 #ジェジュン

#Spy schedule 141202 Art conf.
Concept meeting 11:00
Actor fittings
Script reading 15:00

Embedded image permalink

Cast of Spy
via 코윳키☆苺魂全ステ♡ @kjj_onlylove

Embedded image permalink

Hope we can see some script reading pictures later today. 
It appears that the ratings for all recent KBS dramas are not that great, may be KBS will realize they need to invest more effort in marketing their dramas especially 'SPY', since SPY is scheduled strategically to combat the cable stations. Although it is my wishful thinking, wish KBS will invite the major actors of this drama including Jaejoong to their variety shows. 

Guest Wakemetonight

Jaeholic13 said: Hope we can see some script reading pictures later today. 
It appears that the ratings for all recent KBS dramas are not that great, may be KBS will realize they need to invest more effort in marketing their dramas especially 'SPY', since SPY is scheduled strategically to combat the cable stations. Although it is my wishful thinking, wish KBS will invite the major actors of this drama including Jaejoong to their variety shows. 

Wakemetonight said: Jaeholic13 said: Hope we can see some script reading pictures later today. 

Wakemetonight

said:

Jaeholic13

said: Hope we can see some script reading pictures later today. 

It appears that the ratings for all recent KBS dramas are not that great, may be KBS will realize they need to invest more effort in marketing their dramas especially 'SPY', since SPY is scheduled strategically to combat the cable stations. Although it is my wishful thinking, wish KBS will invite

the major actors of this drama including Jaejoong to their variety shows. 

Archived