[Current Filipino Drama 2015] Pangako Sa ’Yo (My Promise To You)

Guest deepslumber89

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deepslumber89

Why 'Ms Padills' trended worldwide

Posted at 01/08/2015 6:25 PM

MANILA - Are you wondering why "Ms Padills" became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter Thursday?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/B6zQFcXCUAE0KTD_zps2bae4acc.png

Fans of Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla were abuzz after the actress' hair stylist, John Valle, referred to her as "Ms Padills," triggering speculation as to relationship status of the teen superstars.

Valle was commenting on a behind-the-scenes photo of Bernardo's Cosmopolitan shoot, which she shared on Instagram. He said: "Miss you Ms Padills!"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/6046_zpsaf54bacf.jpg

Followers of the 18-year-old actress quickly picked up the reference. In the caption of a recent selfie with Padilla, Bernardo's onscreen partner since 2011, she simply said: "Bernards X Padills"

For many fans of the tandem dubbed "KathNiel," the apparent term of endearment was another hint of their romance behind the cameras, following viral photos of them holding hands and Padilla holding Bernardo's face.

The two are set to top-bill this year back-to-back high-profile projects -- ABS-CBN's modern retelling of "Pangako Sa 'Yo," and a Star Cinema movie co-starring Lorna Tolentino and Gabby Concepcion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deepslumber89

10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/5304h4_zps227cd0e7.png

After fifteen years, Pangako Sa 'Yo will once again be shown on television. Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo will portray the complex love story of Angelo Buenavista and Yna Macaspac in ABS-CBN's remake slated to air in 2015.

Read more at: http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/15075/10-things-to-know-about-pangako-sa-39yo-then-and-now
Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on FacebookAfter fifteen years, Pangako Sa 'Yo will once again be shown on television. Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo will portray the complex love story of Angelo Buenavista and Yna Macaspac in ABS-CBN's remake slated to air this 2015.

Ever since the Kathniel tandem recreated Pangako Sa 'Yo for the Kapamilya Network's 2013 summer station ID, there has been high interest in the show that originally starred Jericho Rosales and Kristine Hermosa. For the 2015 remake, Rory B. Quintos is once again tapped to helm this drama series after directing the original 2000 teleserye. Daniel and Kathryn will bring life to the young lovers who are caught up in a web of lies and are shocked to discover that they might be siblings.

Before Pangako Sa 'Yo returns to TV, here are ten things that you might want to know about the teleserye then and now:

1. Jericho Rosales once believed Kimerald (Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson) would have been suited to topbill the Pangako Sa 'Yo remake.

In a 2012 interview, Jericho stated his opinion that Kim and Gerald could have taken over the roles of Yna and Angelo. Last year, however, Jericho pointed out that Daniel and Kathryn deserve to star in the remake Pangako Sa 'Yo.

2. Daniel Padilla is almost the same age when Jericho Rosales took on the role of Angelo.

Jericho was 21 years old when he portrayed Angelo in the original teleserye. Meanwhile, Daniel will turn 20 years old by April.

3. Kristine Hermosa was a minor when she portrayed Yna in the original Kapamilya soap.

Kristine Hermosa was just 17 years old when Pangako Sa 'Yo was aired in 2000. Meanwhile, Kathryn Bernardo celebrated her debut last year and she will turn 19 years old by March 26, 2015.

4. Angelica Panganiban and Jodi Sta. Maria are cast as young mothers in the remake.

For the 2015 version, Angelica Panganiban will play Claudia Buenavista, the role originally portrayed by Jean Garcia. Meanwhile, Jodi Sta. Maria will portray Amor Powers, a role previously played by Eula Valdes. In the original 2000 teleserye, Eula and Jean were both 31 years old when they were cast in the show. Angelica celebrated her 28th birthday last November. Jodi, who is tapped to portray the mother of Kathryn's character, will turn 33 in June 2015.

5. Jodi Sta. Maria initially denied that she would portray Amor Powers.

After portraying the bubbly Maya in the now defunct daytime teleserye Be Careful With My Heart, Jodi is now cast as the feisty Amor Powers. When Jodi was asked whether or not she would play Amor Powers last September, she denied that she would portray the maid-turned-business tycoon in the remake of Pangako Sa 'Yo.

6. Eula Valdes admitted that there was a time when she "hated" Amor Powers.

At one point in her career, Eula Valdes was so identified with Amor Powers that she came to a point when she "hated" portraying the sinister villain.

7. Jodi Sta. Maria was part of the original teleserye as the younger sister of Jericho Rosales' character.

Jodi was 18 years old when she portrayed Lia Buenavista, a girl who feels unloved by her own mother. As Lia, she was the kind hearted daughter of Eduardo (played by Tonton Gutierrez) and Claudia (played by Jean Garcia).

8. Pangako Sa 'Yo was known as The Promise when it was localized in Cambodia.

ABS-CBN dubbed Pangako Sa 'Yo as its "most successfully distributed canned TV series worldwide." The Cambodian Television Network (CTN) bought its format from ABS-CBN, paving the way for the series to be aired on the most watched channel in Cambodia. Production on the Cambodian adaptation (titled The Promise) started by the first quarter of 2013, with scenes being shot in Phnom Penh.

9. Pangako Sa 'Yo has been aired in over 20 foreign territories since 2002.

It has been shown in over 20 territories such as Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, China, Kenya, Ghana, Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, and Uganda, among others. Pangako Sa 'Yo was aired on China’s national television and rated second in overall local and foreign programs airing in that country.

10. BY THE NUMBERS

Airing date of original teleserye: 2000 to 2002
No. of episodes: 476 episodes
Top-rating episode: 64.9%

After fifteen years, Pangako Sa 'Yo will once again be shown on television. Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo will portray the complex love story of Angelo Buenavista and Yna Macaspac in ABS-CBN's remake slated to air in 2015.

Read more at: http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/15075/10-things-to-know-about-pangako-sa-39yo-then-and-now
Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on FacebookAfter fifteen years, Pangako Sa 'Yo will once again be shown on television. Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo will portray the complex love story of Angelo Buenavista and Yna Macaspac in ABS-CBN's remake slated to air in 2015.

Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on Facebook10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now

Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on Facebook10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now

Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on Facebook10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now

Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on Facebookdfffffdfaa10 Things To Know about Pangako Sa 'Yo: Then and Now

Follow Us: @PEPalerts on Twitter and Instagram | PEP.ph on Facebook

Guest deepslumber89

Angelica Panganiban as 'Claudia Buenavista'

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/PSYupdates005_zps8837230f.png

Translation

Did you miss doing this kind of teleserye?

Yes, yes. And... I'm really excited to get to work with Kathryn and Daniel. I watch their projects, their movies. So, I'm already excited. Uhm, I don't know how the people would accept it when I start mistreating Kathryn's (character). So... [laughs]

Are you now ready for the bashers from KathNiel (camp), how?

Of course the more there's a basher, it's because you're really effective at what you do. So if they bash me, then it means they have something they're fighting for.

A lot were satisfied as well that you were the one chosen as Claudia, that it really suits you.

Me, I'm glad because I know a lot are excited. People when they see me, they tell me how excited they are for Pangako Sa 'Yo. So, I'm happy. I'm happy that I was chosen to portray Claudia. I even said before that "Wow, Claudia is like Dyesebel, where all the girls are fighting for (the role). Claudia and Amor. I am so blessed that the role was given to me.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/Angelica-Panganiban-admits-dropping-hints-to-John-Lloyd-Cruz-about-getting-engaged-460x280_zpse92d72aa.jpg

Guest deepslumber89

Pangako Sa 'Yo Promotion

Metro Magazine February 2015 Issue

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/5737MetroMagazineFebruary2015_zps94332d8d.jpg

Summarized Article:

Young Hearts Run Free: A Love Story in Three Acts

This generation's superstars, Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla, in their first fashion magazine cover together - an epic shoot for Metro's Valentine's issue to celebrate their upcoming remake of Pangako Sa 'Yo

This is how you write a love story. This is how you capture romance. You go out and get the most enigmatic young couple on screen. You take them to the make-believe outdoors, you throw in a bit of movie magic, and you wait.

By the time you realize what's happening, it's probably too late. You see him moving closer. You see her leaning in. And they lapse into their roles. The roles they've played for the past few years. Lost together in their little bubble.

Would it matter if they were playing it out? Because at this point, it's impossible to tell. Fact or fiction, true or false, the real from the reel. There are many versions of the truth, but for this story, there is one we are trying to find out. The one that answers many questions. But, most of all, the one that answers: "Are they or are they not?"

Where our story begins is at the studio, halfway through the afternoon on an unremarkable Sunday at the network. Hanging from the ceiling, there are lights and flashers and filters. On the floor is a giant reflector that looks like it could bounce light all the way across space and time. But, right now, it's bouncing light across a blown up photo of a beautiful countryside, with a permanent sunset floating in the background. Over by the side is a table full of shoes and trinkets and hats, a wardrobe built for spring in the country, an entire army of 50 people - crew, staff, and interns. This only ever happens if it's these two.

Never mind the cameras. Look at the poses. Look at the way he hovers around her. Look at how she responds. This is a love affair played right in front of us - for an audience outside of the theaters, for viewers away from the television screens.

The Promise

"They're on their way," someone reported, the words repeated over to the back of the studio.

The whole room is charged by a new energy. Are they, or aren't they? The question is never mouthed out loud, at least until after the shoot ends. There will be time to compare notes later.

Kathryn and Daniel comes in hand in hand, laughing at a joke known only to them. Something we will never find out. We the people. Us and them.

They take to the set - the same one they occupied minutes before - but somehow, having both of them in it has changed the air in the room. It is a little warmer. A little more complete. Like all of it now makes sense.

The next year has been mapped out for the two - a movie first, and then they start with principal photography on Pangako Sa 'Yo. How this version plays out remains to be seen. Her Ina Macaspac, his Angelo Buenavista, will they stand the test of time? Will they defy the odds - the clamor of the public, the Instagram generation, the comparisons, the competition, the rumors, and almost every other thing that will try to keep them apart?

Perhaps the answer to these, like the answer to question we've kept asking, lies in the way he holds her. The way he massages her foot when she removes her heels to give her tired feet a break. The way he takes her hand when she's cold. There is much to see from a simple glance from Kathryn to Daniel, from Daniel to Kathryn.

Guest deepslumber89

Angelica says that she’s ready to shoot for the “Pangako Sa ‘Yo” remake

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/images_zpsa37cce1f.jpg

Angelica Panganiban celebrated Valentine’s Day early with her sweetheart John Lloyd Cruz last night, Feb. 5. This is according to the actress herself who appeared on “Aquino and Abunda Tonight.”

Lloydy is going to Baguio, he has work,” she said. “So we're celebrating it now.”

Aside from celebrating love, Angelica also rejoices over the positive reception on her movie “That Thing Called Tadhana,” which kicked off its nationwide release last Feb. 4 under a distribution deal with Star Cinema.

Antoinette Jadaone’s “That Thing Called Tadhana” focuses on two strangers, Mace (Angelica) and Anthony (JM de Guzman), who forge a unique bond after a chance encounter at the airport, learning a thing or two from each other about love and relationships as they embark on a spontaneous trip.

On Monday, Feb. 9, Angelica begins taping for the “Pangako Sa ‘Yo” remake where she’ll reprise the role originally played by Jean Garcia.

Guest deepslumber89

class="title"Kathryn Bernardo plans to help Aeta children in Mt. Pinatubo

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/6271_zps9f1ae6d5.jpghttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/6273g1_zps035967e1.jpg

Inspired by the Aeta children at Mt. Pinatubo in Zambales, where she is shooting some scenes for her latest film “Crazy Beautiful You," Kathryn Bernardo now has plans to help the community right after her movie project wraps up filming.

In the launching of her new cosmetic line endorsement last February 3, Tuesday, Bernardo described her interaction with Aeta children as a "new experience."

The teen superstar said that she considers interacting with the Aeta community as the most memorable experience from the project.

"Amazing, they're super nice," Bernardo said. "We're learning a lot from them, their culture, how simple they are, unlike here where we want a lot of things. Them, they're very contented. You can see how very pure, how very sincere they are. When you're talking to them, you know that what they're telling you is the truth. They're really super nice."

The 18-year-old actress said that she and Padilla, along with her mother Min, are now thinking on how they can help the community.

"Once you go there, you would feel that, 'My gosh, I want to help them, I want to come back again,' because they are good (people)," she said. "I really want to come back, not only for shooting. Of course after the movie, that's when we're going to start."

"Crazy Beautiful You," directed by Mae Cruz-Alviar, also stars Lorna Tolentino and Gabby Concepcion. Kathryn will also start taping for "Pangako Sa 'Yo" remake soon after filming.

Guest deepslumber89

The Philippine Star, February 14, 2015

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ice_dolphin/kn/KathNiel145_zpsdbb3da34.png

No one knows the real score between Kathryn and Daniel, but there are telling clues. Twice during the course of our no-cameras-present interview, Daniel asked Kath to pull up her sweetheart-cut dress, clearly unhappy with the (minimal) display of cleavage. He says it in the protective tone of a boyfriend who doesn’t want other guys checking out his girl. She, on the other hand, affectionately describes him as “such a baby boy” at one point. Apparently, behind Daniel’s swagger is fear of the things that make Kath’s blood sing: Bungee jumping, walking along the edge of a high-rise building — everything that ups her levels of adrenaline. "She likes those that I'm fearful of," Daniel says matter-of-factly. As for their level of closeness, Daniel reveals that on a scale of one to 10, it’s “70.” Need we say more?

Unbreakable

Three years into the game and KathNiel shows no sign of slowing down. They ponder the secret sauce behind their staggering success and chalk it up to two things. Kathryn says it’s about the fans. ""We love the people who support us, we never forget them." Daniel thinks it has everything to do with time. "We are ahead only because of the years we've had together. It's a factor in a love team's success." Both agree that being “typical teenagers” is their ultimate ace. "Maybe they see themselves in us," Kathryn guesses.

At this point, Kathryn and Daniel refuse to think about the day the powers that be at Star Magic say, “Okay, we’re pairing you with other people.” They’re happy with their tandem, thank you. “But how can that be, Daniel, nothing is forever," I tell him; To which he says, "You never know, it may be possible [forever]."

* insert fangirl screaming here *

Tweet the author @IrishDDizon

Oh..i did'nt expect that someone would make a thread regarding the filipino "Pangako Sa'yo" drama..and i've watched the original version of this..it's a challenge for KathNiel for the adaptation of this story..but i know they will make their own a good version.. :-D

glad that you made this.. :-)

Guest deepslumber89

sfc12 said: Oh..i did'nt expect that someone would make a thread regarding the filipino "Pangako Sa'yo" drama..and i've watched the original version of this..it's a challenge for KathNiel for the adaptation of this story..but i know they will make their own a good version.. :-D glad that you made this.. :-)

Archived