Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

What do they mean by the industry getting tired? Tired of waiting, perhaps? Getting impatient to see our boy back on screen? I am okay with choosing one's roles carefully especially after taking on two iconic roles in two consecutive hit dramas. That's to be expected and I respect Bogum for that. He is not falling for---and boy, am I glad!---the typical "fame trap" of greedily accepting one role after the other given that he is inundated with offers. As I've posted earlier, I will storm the high heavens for a role that will captivate his heart.

However, also learning from what happened to some actors and actresses, I wouldn't wait too long...2-3 years of waiting for the dream role might be too much...and so a little bit of risk-taking would be good.

Bogum-wise, this week will be more exciting...we will hopefully see our boy getting recognized on stage for being the Hairspray Musical Director on the 19th, and attending the VIP Premier of Battleship Island on the 20th.

• Like 3

@dahae2006 sent you a PM. Thanks!

While waiting is obviously tiring, I'm glad he is really giving each offer careful thought. It would be too easy to jump at the next one that screams 'hit'. Somebody mentioned No Hye Kyung. I would also like to see her collaborate with PBG. I found TWTWB too makjang, but I simply loved It's Okay That's Love. Meanwhile, I hope that we can see more of him in Variety while we wait. I'm sure there'll be more appearances to come as we approach the Winter Olympics.

• Like 4

Top actors usually wait 2-3 years till they have their next project because they consider everything carefully and their names bring quality to a project. Those who have at least 1-2 projects every year mostly either rely on their popularity so they need to be in front of people frequently or they need to pay rent/bills/tax. I believe every actor needs to pause sometimes to learn, improve, restore themselves, and I'm glad Bogum is now financially stable and has the luxury of waiting for the best project. It hasn't even been a year... it's completely normal if he doesn't choose a project till months later. Of course I miss him but I'm willing to wait. And to be honest, I want him to wait till he finds a role/project that really moves him and there will be room for improvement.

I've said this before, I believe BoGum's best acting was in IRY then R88. In MDBC his character was charming and funny but not a very layered one. I think the challenge was in sageuk speech -which he became better and better after the first few episodes- and to be able to carry the drama as a lead.  He has work hard in the past few years with back to back projects and university studies. Few months of relaxing and reviewing will be good for him. 

@mellinadear thanks for the poll, it was fun and challenging. I had hard time choosing the writer for his future projects and my favorite Bogum role. For me his acting was the best in IRY but Taek is my precious baby ^_^ how to choose between your children...hihi

Thanks for updating the thread everyday.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ccube3 said:

@dahae2006 sent you a PM. Thanks!

While waiting is obviously tiring, I'm glad he is really giving each offer careful thought. It would be too easy to jump at the next one that screams 'hit'. Somebody mentioned No Hye Kyung. I would also like to see her collaborate with PBG. I found TWTWB too makjang, but I simply loved It's Okay That's Love. Meanwhile, I hope that we can see more of him in Variety while we wait. I'm sure there'll be more appearances to come as we approach the Winter Olympics.

@ccube3 thank you and hope the group got enough ppl participate to go ahead with project.  Bogum is a person who fully focus on any project he act, so he may be more careful for his next project.  i could see most actor take up the project immediately and they are not too concern about project success and move on to next project.  

18 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

Hhh post results too I don't use sns

If nobody post the result, i will post it one day for you one day:)

• Like 1