Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Hey how's everyone?

Goodness it has been so long since I've logged in to Soompi and posted in this thread. LOL

It's good to see fellow Bogummy fans, both old and new here. Just decided to drop by to say hello and that I miss our boy. hahaha

Anyways, just wanted to share that there's actually rumors going around in DC Gallery in regard to Bogum. And no, before you freak out, it's not a dating rumour. We can all breathe a sigh of relief. haha

Thought it would be fun to share because it's quite a hot topic on DC and also theqoo, I believe? haha

It actually has something to do with a new....drama? maybe?

Well, actually some DCers discovered a list of upcoming drama lineup from a source with Bogum's name attached to this particular project.

It's the one that is currently courting(or recently confirmed?) Cha Seungwon to be one of it's main characters. It's written by the famous Hong sisters who did You're Beautiful and Master's Sun. It's said to be a modern fantasy romcom based on the novel Journey to the West. and it's set to air on tvN. Another name rumored to be attached to this project is actress Park Shinhye.

But like I mentioned, this is just a rumor as of now so just take this with a grain of salt.

But many on DC were expressing how they would love for the casting to be real. All of them citing that they miss seeing Bogum's acting and would love to see him on their tv screens soon. Some are quite positive that the casting is a possibility as both Bogum and Shinhye are the trendy young actors of this generation, obviously they were offered the scenario scripts especially Shinhye who have worked with the Hong sisters before. It is only a question on whether they accepted this as their next work or not. And also some of the other upcoming dramas listed in that same source have most of their actors attached confirmed. 

But of course there are others who are doubtful of it simply because the combination of Cha Seungwon, Park Bogum and Park Shinhye would be too of an 'Avengers' level of casting. lol. It would be impossible to have that much top stars in a single drama. Plus there are no official news whatsoever.  And also because it's tvN(cable tv) and for some reason they don't see either Bogum or Shinhye going back to cable after finding success on public broadcast channel. Which tbh I don't really understand because tvN is just as good as the other channels but ok whatever. lol

So what do you guys think? Will Bogum be gracing our tv screens with his presence soon? Well, who knows. But I'm confident to say that whatever project he choose next, he's gonna do great in them no matter what.

• Like 6

@syaiira: Looooooong time, no post! Thanks for coming back to the thread! I would love to have Bogum in a drama but I keep going back to what Cha Tae Hyun said in Bogum's Seoul fanmeet...that Bogum will have a film project. It's been three months since the fanmeet and still no news. Of course I understand why. Bogum, as he said before, is the type to concentrate on one thing at a time because he pours his heart and soul in whatever he does. For the moment, it's his graduation production which will be staged on the 19th of next month. I think that after the production, the news of his next project will come out.

I have mixed feelings about the Hong sisters. Their track record of dramas has been a hit or miss thing. The last one Warm and Cozy with Kang Sora was really a waste of acting talent and viewing time. Of course The Master's Sun was a hit but honestly I was not impressed with the plot. I find the Hong Sisters themes and scripts quite shallow and lacking in content and substance and for Bogum who wants roles that will inspire.as said once in an interview, I think the dramas penned by scriptwriters known for their tight solid scripts would suit him better.

Please, please continue to bring news (even if these are just rumors) from DC! These are much appreciated! I really wish we have a Korean Soompier in the thread who can translate all the articles about Bogum and post them here!

• Like 3

Thank you @syaiira for the news. Some of us actually heard about the casting. I'm one of those who opposed that project for the sole purpose that he might be the second lead. Lol. Unless there is a strong plot behind it. 

Don't get me wrong,I love the Hong sisters but I want a strong script for BG. 

I just want him to take his time(even though I miss him) in choosing a project. He shouldn't rush. We will wait for him.

• Like 3

Thanks @gumtaek & @mellinadear. Glad to be back and glad to be able to share some news about Bogum no matter how tiny it may be. Haha. & yes, I do agree with both of you. I, myself, am not really sure how I feel about this to be quite honest. While I do enjoy some of the Hong sisters works as they do slapstick comedy quite well, but I can't deny that their recent works have been quite...a disappointment. Infact, I think my only favourite from them was My Girl and that drama was yeaaaaars ago. haha. But yes, I definitely want Bogum to be in a production with a good script and story. If this has a great script(after a long 2 year hiatus from Warm and Cozy, I have hopes that they are able to improve their craft within that time) then I am all for it. I really like Bogum's choices of work so far though. I like that he has a thing of choosing stories with heartwarming qualities in them (stories that have something more to it than just plain old romance) and I foresee him doing the same with his upcoming projects.

Edit:

Hi @ilwoo_aein. Nice to meet you too!

• Like 6

PBG on Showbiz Korea

@syaiira hello nice to meet you! I guess it's my first greeting to you since i'm new in this thread :D Anyway welcome back to the thread! Regarding Bogum's comeback project i really hope he will be back with modern drama whatever the genre is ^^

• Like 3

Welcome back @syaiira  and thanks for bringing bogum’s news. Whether materialized or not, we are in a state that hearing his news or seeing his new CF pictures can make us delightful:) 

He is a bit choosy in his project so he do not take up the offer that he got. “ temperature of love” drama and “ Anci City movie” :(  

Now this is interesting...

Jang Tae Yoo, Korean Director of hits like War of Money, Painter of the Wind, Deep Rooted Tree, and My Love From Another Star was in the Korean Cultural Institute during the special screening of Moonlight Drawn By The Clouds...it seems he has good things to say about our boy.

DDeeM0YUwAAtH_O.jpg

DDeePRNUAAErG5i.jpg

DDeeRPAUAAESOJy.jpg

@alwaysjunjun

• Like 3

An article entitled

"ELEVEN FEATURES OF A GOOD TRAVEL FRIEND WHEN YOU TRAVEL TOGETHER"

1. He has a similar budget.

DDf37UrUIAAYTAK.jpg

2. He has cultural sensitivity.

DDf38kRVwAAcK1H.jpg

It is very good to be with friends who are sensitive toward understanding and respecting the cultures and customs of other societies, those who want to know it more and experience local customs.

3. Good affinity/connection

DDf39cFU0AAIBPH.jpg

It is good to have a travel friend who forges relationships during his travel and a treat if h has contacts among the locals of the place.

• Like 4