Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

1 hour ago, 4evgbogummy said:

There's also a report that Park Kyunglim (hope I got the right name), a TV host, (I gather she's rather famous in SK and she's a good friend of many top Korean actors including  JIS) had predicted way back in 2014 after Coinlocker Girl that our boy will be a mega star. In fact she felt it took a bit longer than she expected.

You just don't know how this makes me happy! More, please!

• Like 3

Just love how park bo gum can be so versatile. Never have any actor's acting touch me this way. It feels like i am in his world and when he cries, I cry with him. I hope he will stay well with their current crazy schedule and really hope the team keep up with their health and have enough sleep.

• Like 8

Re MDBC's rating, would like to say that we need not be too concerned about it. The fact is that through MDBC, our boy has shown to the audience a new height in his acting talent and potential and through MDBC, he is now a household name. Not a day has passed that he is not mentioned one way or other. I am very sure our thankful boy is thankful. Our Bogummy and MDBC's ratings thus far have already surpassed all our expectations. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, EugeneOfJune said:

@dahae2006 Yeah I hope so too. Personally, I prefer sad episodes over happy ones because you can see much clearer whether the actor's acting is good or not. In Bo Gum's case, he nailed it. I do understand that people tend to lean towards happy things more though.

@mai5116 Hehe,I'm sorry to remind you of such sad scenes, but I'm afraid I won't be able to stop in the future :D. His hurt-acting and sad-acting are too good to not share them here :P.

@4evgbogummy This is the first sageuk drama that I'm into. Never finished a sageuk drama before...

I actually think that Bo Gum becomes famous pretty fast considering he only debuted 5 years ago. His popularity now is no joke. It's funny how people (including me) always get surprised by his acting episode by episode even though we are fully aware of his capacity. Just like how my handsome-boy immune system doesn't work against him, it doesn't work against his acting neither.

No need to say sorry, it's not your fault, it's the PD-nim fault! :tears: Yes, our Bogummy face expression really moves people heart. Just how Taek did it in Reply 1988, now Lee Yeong did it in MDBC. He can just make the audience cries a bucket without saying a word, just by his expression is enough. Please keep on posting the GIFS of our "precious sword" acting. I can't thank you enough for that even though it's really hurt to see him with teary eyes or cry..:tears:

On other note, i'm so happy that Bogum's acting skills has been acknowledge and people now knows that he's not just a boy with a pretty face. I know i've mention it before but i don't mind to mention it over and over again that his ability of delivering layers of emotions in his acting, not many actors can do that even though they are more seniors. His acting moves people heart. We feel him and we feel the character. And yeah, it's everywhere Bogum in SK now :D and he deserves it!

@sara2908, thanks for sharing the article. It's very well said written article. That "vacuum" acting of Bogum makes me cry a river :bawling:

• Like 4

Spoiler

Feeling sentimental after seeing Bogummy's official schedule tweeted by snorants and so will put down my reflections here. Bogummy missed being present to receive his APAN best new actor award for his role in R88. If he was awarded an acting award at the upcoming TVN 10th anniversary and had to miss it again, I'd feel really sad. 

For many of us, R88 was an unforgettable drama which introduced Bogummy to us. This is the case not just for me but most of his Chinese fans. And because of Taek in R88, many of us including myself became a first time fan of an actor. After R88, we angst over fanwars, voted furiously for him and SunTaek. Some of us even played games for the first time in our lives to win points to vote for him for Baeksang. 

If not for R88, I would not have watched MDBC even if it had good reviews. His popularity has reached new heights through MDBC but it was R88 that paved the way and made him known to many of us. As he has always wanted to be recognized for his acting, it will be a great irony if his fans could not see him physically receiving such an award for the role that made us come to love and support him. I know he will receive KBS awards at the end of this year. But for me, this will not be half as meaningful. 

After MDBC I will forget Lee Young. But Taek will always remain.

Sigh...

Some biased and personal thoughts about Bogummy's schedule for this week. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, 4evgbogummy said:
  Hide contents

Feeling sentimental after seeing Bogummy's official schedule tweeted by snorants and so will put down my reflections here. Bogummy missed being present to receive his APAN best new actor award for his role in R88. If he was awarded an acting award at the upcoming TVN 10th anniversary and had to miss it again, I'd feel really sad. 

For many of us, R88 was an unforgettable drama which introduced Bogummy to us. This is the case not just for me but most of his Chinese fans. And because of Taek in R88, many of us including myself became a first time fan of an actor. After R88, we angst over fanwars, voted furiously for him and SunTaek. Some of us even played games for the first time in our lives to win points to vote for him for Baeksang. 

If not for R88, I would not have watched MDBC even if it had good reviews. His popularity has reached new heights through MDBC but it was R88 that paved the way and made him known to many of us. As he has always wanted to be recognized for his acting, it will be a great irony if his fans could not see him physically receiving such an award for the role that made us come to love and support him. I know he will receive KBS awards at the end of this year. But for me, this will not be half as meaningful. 

After MDBC I will forget Lee Young. But Taek will always remain.

Sigh...

Some biased and personal thoughts about Bogummy's schedule for this week. 

Anyway, this is @snorants's opinion. It's not yet confirmed but we are hoping he will be there. As he has said during the MDBC press con, Reply 1988 was a blessing to him as it made him be known. He would always attribute his soaring popularity to Reply 1988 and would profusely thank the Director and Scriptwriter for it.

• Like 4