[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

klgirl said:
The ending scenes were so sad - So-so morphed into a grim Emperor while Yeowon looked like a cat who got feathers sticking out of her mouth.  In his throne room, he throws a sword down as though he is sick of it and looks at his jade charm sadly, a lonely man who lost the love of his life.  He looked burdened and old beyond his years.

After watched with sub the ending part.. I still dun understand.. They not mention it's afterlife.. right?
They looping the recording video from episode 1 ...
You're destined to meet the one you're meant to be with, even if you try not to be with them. That is the destiny sent from the heavens.
It's weird.. if that Ji Mong said about afterlife (maybe he said the meeting that happened after Shin Yool travel thingy), because the King is not dead yet... Yes the one bothering scene, is that old Wang So expressions...

But I assume he 's sad because Shin Yool not entering the palace with him, she 's back after travel but reject the offer..lol and she's still manage Chunghae Trading outside palace..
That's it.. ^^;  Delusional Girl.. Me Me Me !!! =p

Koshicha said: There is an unwritten rule in Korean historicals that one must not change the history.

Historically Wang So's line died out and the one succeeding was Wang Soon (Hyunjong), probably Koryo's best monarch. I mentioned earlier that his birth was illegitimate. his mother was Chunchoo's sister and his dad was another Wang Wook, a half brother of WS and WW.

But by that time he was the one and only remaining descendant of the Koryo dynasty so despite of his illegitimacy he became king.

if SY ends up with WS and has children, her progeny, and not the bastard Wang Soon(Hyunjong), becomes the king. That drastically changes history and delegitmize Hyunjong, who was responsible for Koryo s survival for the next 400 years.

The people who made this drama could not take it.

@eve_wu

Like your version but alas, history says that Gwangjong ruled for 26 years before dying of a disease.  The way he looked at her charm before he put it away made it seem like he'd lost her and missed her so much, you could imagine him remembering her as he stared for that long moment.  Gwangjong was 50 when he died.

And both Gaebong and So-so looked young when they meet up at last and he apologizes for making her wait for him....therefore it makes sense that they've died and met again.

eve_wu said: Yes I was hoping even though SY not as Queen .. mistress ok lah.. outside of palace. ... she still running her trading company.. the one that make me heartbroken is that old wang so expressions.. looks like he's not meet with SY in thousand years.. , It's better again.. that old wang so meet with Shin Yool at garden... aigoo... If you afraid with unwritten rule of Korean history, there are many win-win option for writer, but why why why... PD-nim
Tips for us :: Maybe we need cut the beginning of episode 1 = the child part, and cut the child part again at episode 24 ... so in the isn't it become happy story..  duhhhh.. writer nimm why you did this.. T_T

by the way.. maybe it's the only way the story must happened.. because how can If Shin Yool ended with Wang So , but during his reign.. he is famous with killing noble clan.. they want to keep the Wang So image , only with Shin Yool there is love and peace, while not He's different.. and he is crazy mad King..  and they are not extended the story.. like we all know.. if they continue, Shin Yool must be suffered stay with mad king.. aigoo...

i agree. i gained my courage to watch ep 24 but they didn't mention any after life?Shinyool promised him to meet again and by that time she wanted him to greet her just like the scene under the tree.
I know  Shinyool's personality and dream;. I love her to death but when WS said her prepared a residence in the palace for her and Chunghae poeple are always welcome. I was cheering..please girl just take it.I thought he said she wants to be a woman who spends every night with himshe moved her company all the way down to Goryeo and start from scratch just to meet her husband but why did she choose to do that?In the end she has to break Soso's and viewers hearts badly
They always have passionate kisses but the wedding night was really dissappointing
I hate pd nim i hate pd nimmmmm.......... (>_ <)

I haven't watched the subbed version yet but based from your comments...and my feelings while watching the raw version, which left me open-mouthed and speechless for several seconds...

What happened in the end was so out of character for WS. I mean to allow SY to disappear from his life. I believe he'd moved heaven and earth just to see her again, and again, and again. On the other hand, I'm thinking would an alive SY cause problems for WS as a king? Remember she's supposed to be dead, right? That's why her intended marriage to WW was dissolved by the king brother? But she could've just assumed a different identity, hide in that hut forever...then king WS could just visit her once in a while, lay his head on her lap when something is troubling him. So SY remains his light, her wisdom not wasted. I don't know, but for now, at least for me, WS letting SY go and SY leaving everyone she ever loved behind, just seemed blatantly implausible. :-??

trixie1029 said: i'll wait for the subbed version before i rant...there might be something there to hold on to. :D
so with that ending? the actors shone and the fans went crazy? lol...but @gumi said that's not the script's ending? so the editing became the problem? or is there an episode 25 next week? lol 

Guest bestofthebest

Just got done watching the sub version. All I can say is this last episode ruined the whole drama. The ending makes no sense. Thanks for the crappy ending to whoever directed and wrote the scripts. Korean dramas are such great vids to watch but every endings are poorly written and directed. Now will have to wait months or years for another JH drama.

eve_wu said: After watched with sub the ending part.. I still dun understand.. They not mention it's afterlife.. right?
They looping the recording video from episode 1 ...
You're destined to meet the one you're meant to be with, even if you try not to be with them. That is the destiny sent from the heavens.
It's weird.. if that Ji Mong said about afterlife (maybe he said the meeting that happened after Shin Yool travel thingy), because the King is not dead yet... Yes the one bothering scene, is that old Wang So expressions...

But I assume he 's sad because Shin Yool not entering the palace with him, she 's back after travel but reject the offer..lol and she's still manage Chunghae Trading outside palace..
That's it.. ^^;  Delusional Girl.. Me Me Me !!! =p

trixie1029 said: I haven't watched the subbed version yet but based from your comments...and my feelings while watching the raw version, which left me open-mouthed and speechless for several seconds...

What happened in the end was so out of character for WS. I mean to allow SY to disappear from his life. I believe he'd moved heaven and earth just to see her again, and again, and again. On the other hand, I'm thinking would an alive SY cause problems for WS as a king? Remember she's supposed to be dead, right? That's why her intended marriage to WW was dissolved by the king brother? But she could've just assumed a different identity, hide in that hut forever...then king WS could just visit her once in a while, lay his head on her lap when something is troubling him. So SY remains his light, her wisdom not wasted. I don't know, but for now, at least for me, WS letting SY go and SY leaving everyone she ever loved behind, just seemed blatantly implausible. :-??

I just remembered,
Didn't Shin Yool say something about how everybody needs a family, a place to feel warm and comfortable in, a place to rest? and that she and chunghae group is that kind of place to Wang So chunha, and that's why she is needed? Didn't she say that to YeoWon?
And how can she suddenly decide to leave him, when there finally is no threat whatsoever....? It's so out of SY character. 

Travesty.  A look at the intended ending (forever grateful) was a relief in terms of knowing the writer had some vision and hadn’t intended to abandon the characters (sure understand why OYS was crying at the screening).  What a rip-off to everyone on all sides. 

No excuse when we sat through so many unnecessary scenes over many of the later episodes (WSR, king, etc etc. again and again and again).  The story of the cultural setting and political machinations of the time were initially being told against the backdrop of a beautiful (and I feel unusual) love story of two unconventional people of their day.  To have SY floating off into who knew where and meeting up in the afterlife was actually kind of pathetic. 

It’s interesting to have characters talk about the afterlife belief of their day (one in which people seem to move to the next room when they die and continue living just as they were…we give them a send-off with food and money…every time I see this I’m touched.)  But it’s quite another to expect the 21st century audience would be satisfied with such an ending meant for the audience -- not a character’s view (like maybe WS hoping/imagining he’d meet SY in the afterlife…don’t know if it would be a good scene.  But I could “buy” it).  Even those of us like myself who believe we experience new existences after death found this ending really trite.  If I wasn’t so p.o’d about seeming-unprofessionalism/director skill, I’d find the end laughable. 

My hope is that informed online communities like DC Inside create a “worst ending of the year award” for dramas.  Not mean-spirited and not granted because the characters didn’t get married and have babies, but because of failure to manage time and make good script decisions.  I’m really serious.  Isn’t it about time?  Another professional K-production went south.

Have been watching and following the thread since ep 2 began (can only watch in batches and read some when I have internet access in remote location and am not much for talking about what might happen.)  Thanks to all Soompiers!  Really got to appreciate the skill of casting – OYS was perfect.  Always and forever JH.