[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

BM - I like her scenes with uri ShinYool. She's just like a loving mother to her. Feeling pain for her agasshii when she suffered. 20150407_1428408542_38854300_1.jpg
20150407_1428408542_38854300_1.jpg
EunChon. Loyal Buddy of WangSo Cheona/Paeha 20150407_1428408575_33602400_1.jpg
20150407_1428408575_33602400_1.jpg
20150407_1428408683_61589600_1.jpg
20150407_1428408683_61589600_1.jpg
CheongOk 20150407_1428408752_61536600_1.jpg
20150407_1428408752_61536600_1.jpg
20150407_1428408791_03788100_1.jpg
20150407_1428408791_03788100_1.jpgCr: TV report

Guest dawnshine

Can you spot uri WangSo and ShinYool or Soso and Gaebong? They were watching the final episode at the restaurant. Did Oh YeonSeo cry watching her own scene? Orabonim GyulDal wrote on his IG about watching the scene and cried (?) and how Oh YeonSeo deserved an applause.Thanks @Gumi for translating this: Orabonim GyuDal wrote, "Had a good wrap up party. YeonSeo cried while watching the last episode, and Hyuk bro patted her gently. Both of them worked really hard, they deserve an applause. "
class="sCaption" data-reactid=".8.0.1.0.1.0.0.1.0.0.0:0.1.2:1" style="font-family: freight-sans-pro, proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: inherit; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 400; margin: 0px -8px 0px 0px; overflow-y: auto; max-height: 160px; padding-right: 8px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254);"쫑파티 잘했습니다 막방보며 우는연서 다독이는 혁형 두분다 진짜 수고하셨습니다 박수받아 마땅합니다10731511_1588511988093931_1598541459_n.jCr: h2j

Guest dawnshine

Here's a video clip of the SOGC dinner. Cr: TV dailyLink: http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v8e5btDtVFLFbZQbFubtPKi

1428412486_882658.jpg

Guest dawnshine

cutestrobery said: finally watched the last ep, and i can't  believe that i've to say that the three kids surely ruined my mood.If just they didn't appear, i would have felt better, [-X

eve_wu said: @Koshicha but korean audiences pissed off like us too ... their anger flooded at MBC official site..
because from the very first episode they treat us without limitation of historical thingy.. they feed us with OTP thingy.. and even wrote in the first every episode that this series was fictional story..

Guest dawnshine

cutestrobery said: i agree. they are pissed.This drama was based on a novel with the same title with the same storylineThey can just end it is as the novel. No body would complainFrom the beginning a cursed prince and Balhae Princess didn't  exist in the history

dawnshine said: Can you spot uri WangSo and ShinYool or Soso and Gaebong? They were watching the final episode at the restaurant. Did Oh YeonSeo cry watching her own scene? Orabonim GyulDal wrote on his IG about watching the scene and cried (?) and how Oh YeonSeo deserved an applause. class="sCaption" data-reactid=".8.0.1.0.1.0.0.1.0.0.0:0.1.2:1" style="font-family: freight-sans-pro, proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: inherit; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 400; margin: 0px -8px 0px 0px; overflow-y: auto; max-height: 160px; padding-right: 8px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254);"쫑파티 잘했습니다 막방보며 우는연서 다독이는 혁형 두분다 진짜 수고하셨습니다 박수받아 마땅합니다10731511_1588511988093931_1598541459_n.jCr: h2j

Guest dawnshine

gumi said: Our GyuDahl Says:
Had a good wrap up party. YeonSeo cried while watching the last episode, and Hyuk bro patted her gently. Both of them worked really hard, they deserve an applause. 

@dawnshine but it's more like "i'm sad that a great drama Bas to end already like this" . Feel like kicking , punching, and hitting the air X( X( X( Got me so invested in 23 eps with their love story and then few minutes ending threw you off the building. Writers should know a peefect good ending made up a whole crappy drama but a whole awesome drama can be ruined just by a few minutes of wnding. Yikes!!! No wonder OYS cried.. The last few eps have been making her sick and fainting and she is not dirextly involves in the action. I saw a picture of the novel where WS is using his king outfit( maybe after the ceremony) and saw Gaebong.. I was just hoping too much from a drama based on a novel would follow at least its ending ( just like TMETS)

I was pissed at the ending and that was not because they didn't change the history and make SY a queen and make them have dimple babies.
Actually, I'm one of those Koreans who cannot take sageuks that completely distort the history. They can take liberties and create stuffs with imagination of course --but I hate it when things go right against the records. Like, sure they can talk about cursed prince and balhae princess, and that's not in the record, but it is also not in the record that that never happened! Who knows, curses may have really existed back then! Dramas should feel free to take liberties.
But then, I would have been very bothered if they made SY into a queen, and had bunch of babies, and said they became successors of Wang So or something. Now that goes right against the record and existing history, and people fail to take the drama seriously. I mean, why use the name Wang So to begin with in that case...?
HOWEVER, I'm even more pissed at this drama's actual ending. They could've complied with history and still imagine stuffs and still make it a happy ending. Yes, let Shin Yool go off and explore by herself, yes let her chase after her dream, she does not become a queen and remains out of record. But she can still be WS's lover. And as someone suggested, SY's baby can be adopted and raised in palace as the king and queen's baby...whatever, YW also had another lover (altho dead now) and she already knows WS and SY love each other, so why not I don't think it would've been impossible.
Or, even without baby part, at least let them remain as lovers. Give them a happy ending. 
Actually, what the writer wrote on the script, I would say that still counts as a happy ending. Yeah, WS and SY are not always together, but then they still maintain their relationship. WS works as an emperor in palace, SY navigates the world as a merchant. Just as WS has his world to protect, SY has her world to protect, her dream to pursue. They each go their own path, but sometimes the path comes across, they meet each other, hug and kiss each other, their love supports each other.
That would've been a good enough ending, I don't know why the director modified it so that it appears they never met each other until afterlife...Now THAT'S a sad ending. I mean, everybody dies at certain point, important thing is how you live with whom until death. And the drama made it so that it seems like OTP never saw each other until death, longing each other. And it didn't provide strong enough reasoning for it. They are both alive, nothing is keeping them apart, WS is the most powerful man in the country now, SY is not locked up or anything she's a free soul, and they just ended up not able to see each other until death just becuz..............like, no proper reason whatsoever. It was a weird ending. 

Guest dawnshine

haymochi said: @dawnshine but it's more like "i'm sad that a great drama Bas to end already like this" . Feel like kicking , punching, and hitting the air X( X( X( Got me so invested in 23 eps with their love story and then few minutes ending threw you off the building. Writers should know a peefect good ending made up a whole crappy drama but a whole awesome drama can be ruined just by a few minutes of wnding. Yikes!!! No wonder OYS cried.. The last few eps have been making her sick and fainting and she is not dirextly involves in the action. I saw a picture of the novel where WS is using his king outfit( maybe after the ceremony) and saw Gaebong.. I was just hoping too much from a drama based on a novel would follow at least its ending ( just like TMETS)

What a waste of JH-OYS pairing.... no... What waste of soso- gaebong. They shouldn't have met again 5 years later after the marriage at Gaebong. It will spare all the pain that they have to go through to get together but ended up like this... Waeee SY ah...'why look for him and love each other till both of you want to die together but then leave him again??? Even with 3 kids appearing at the end that may come from your lover own sister :-&