[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

One done ... one to go .... I was so annoyed yesterday and Monday that I could not see the livestream ... work hours changed starting last Friday, so I am tied down, but luckily I just have to wait one day to see it
I thought in the beginning of the 1. ep "hmmm, will I endure? Does not look to promising", but I am so glad I am one of those "take a second look and judge then" ...
Already I can say for me ... I will continue and I sure hope that I might be able to watch the livestream with you guys eventually, but either way  .... ;) 
HAVE FUN ;)

The flashback of WS's childhood,did  the mom the one the poison in the snacks  intending to kill him?I'm glad that this is a fictional story but it would be quite sad if Shinyool has to marry and become a concubine in the palace because it will be like locking her up. She loves being free and does her business thing.I think her life would be in danger too after the evils found out that she is the princess who will break the curse. 
Read some people angry comments about how this drama is distorting history...sigh.....can't you just watch a fiction drama for the sake of a drama?
I'm dying to know in the next ep after the 5 years time jump. Looks like Wangso has been wandering outside the palace during those years.I believe he was out there building his own power by laying low like what the father instructed him to do.Shinyool will def meet Yeowon through her business deals with the palace.The 2 eps are really fully packed and fast. I hope with 24 eps, they will keep the pace.. I hate Monday, but i need the next ep asap! :D

Guest sullifish

completed watching ep 1 and ep 2 subs together...this drama starting so good and so funny, the character from fated to love you JH to be in this drama like his laugh and else..i love to see the romantic chemistry of the lead couple like in the wedding scene between So and Yool, so cute both of them.. and its so touching when Yool ask to So that what the world means to you??and then So kissed her forehead, its you..contract is over, arrggggggg its gonna made me tears haha, always repeating that scene so much..seems Yool has a feeling towards So, thats why she is coming to the capital..i really hope they would be happy together..cant wait for ep 3 next monday..

Guest chajoowon

LavelyShai said: chajoowon said: I was not confused by the time jump because they have to go past time jump since one brother becomes king for 2 years and dies as weak king and the third brother becomes the king he serves after the 5 year time jump.   
I was confused by how much happened before the time jump.  Mostly in next ep i want to know if Wang So went away for 5 years training, preparing with his secret soldiers or if he stayed and went outside not looking like Prince now and then working for his goals and he didnt leave the palace for 5 years.How can he become the Crown Prince, next line for the throne if he feels the political scene?

Guest chajoowon

haymochi said: The flashback of WS's childhood,did  the mom the one the poison in the snacks  intending to kill him?I'm glad that this is a fictional story but it would be quite sad if Shinyool has to marry and become a concubine in the palace because it will be like locking her up. She loves being free and does her business thing.I think her life would be in danger too after the evils found out that she is the princess who will break the curse. 
Read some people angry comments about how this drama is distorting history...sigh.....can't you just watch a fiction drama for the sake of a drama?
I'm dying to know in the next ep after the 5 years time jump. Looks like Wangso has been wandering outside the palace during those years.I believe he was out there building his own power by laying low like what the father instructed him to do.Shinyool will def meet Yeowon through her business deals with the palace.The 2 eps are really fully packed and fast. I hope with 24 eps, they will keep the pace.. I hate Monday, but i need the next ep asap! :D

I wonder about the royal codes,rules of that time. Can a Prince just leave the place, his role for 5 years if he isnt exiled?  Can he take 5 year vacation?   The marriage to Yeo Won isnt a problem because all the nobles,royals know both of them was ordered to marry by the king.  

Frankly it doesnt sound like a smart move to be gone from the court for 5 years when the whole point of marrying Yeo Won was to use the power of her maternal family, the nobels on her side.  Also he must show he is the potential next king to his brother and current king.

I thought he is an exiled cursed prince? And he def out of the king position by the people.

It's really going to be really heartbreaking for Shinyool as i read some people mentioning about how she only loves Wangso despite WangWook being there.

I keep repeating the forehead kiss and the look he gave her too. The soundtrack accompanying the scene is just so beautiful.

Just 2 episodes and this couple totally melts my heart already. The torture of waiting every week will be such a pain,

Guest chajoowon

@cutestrobery
He is cursed prince but he was brought back to his position.  Yeo Won was married to him to remove his cursed nature.  His father was making way for him to have a chance later on.  Yeo Won family let him marry her because as she said Wang So or Wang Woo who are half brothers has as much chance. 
She married to make him the king later or her other brother the king.  If the royals, nobles can bring his back the people wont have much of a say.    The king would not help a cursed Prince to make him dream come true.  He knew he had a chance to become king later on.   Wang So is historically 18 years old and 23 after the time jump. Korean history is full of brothers who wasnt the oldest who became kings even without killing the older brother, current king ;)

@haymochi I guess some were expecting that this is the usual sageuk, and not a fusion sageuk. The drama is based on a web novel of the same title. So, I don't think it will be accurate in any way. Also, the idea of cursed fate, shouldn't that be a clue already that this is fantasy and not exactly an accurate depiction of history?

Right... I don't get some netz about how this is a distortion of history when from the start this drama is said to be  based on a fiction novel with fantasy elements. Why so serious.... 
I'm thinking that the reason WS left the palace was because he wanted to find the betrayers who killed his dad and build an army behind everyone back.  If i  get it right, one of the reason the father made him married Yeowon is for WS to get protection as people will easily kill or dethrone him more when the king dies.
At this moment, i don't think he has the ambition to be king yet.Like what he said during the wedding night about how it would be diff if he found the thing that he wants to protect the most in the world. Maybe to protect SHinyool he has to be the king. With his brother Wangwook wanting to have her by becoming the king too. It'll sure be a battle within the palace. ...wangwook will not be the gentle guy he is right now because he will try to eliminate his brother no matter how.

Regardless we will sure get more explanations what happened during those 5 years within the next eps.

the time jump is so confusing..wangso did married yeonwon but why he live outside the palace..didn't his father made wangso married yeonwon coz he wants him to be the king..yeonwon also want to become a queen.,but it seems like she doesn't care wangso live outside the palace n not become the king..someone plz help me..

"Shine or Go Crazy" Premier Receives Good Responses, Ranked Third with 7.9%

shine129_zpsa4b1c1af.jpg
MBC New Mon-Tue drama "Shine or Go Crazy" premier received quite  a  lot  of  praises from the audiences.  The drama describes the love story of a cursed Goryeo Prince and the abandoned princess in the palace. As the last princess of Balhae, Shinyool (Oh Yeon Seo) because of her brother Yang Gyu Dal (Heo Joong Min) doing has to face forced  marriage. She and WangsSo (Jang Hyuk)  first encounter was at the street . To escape the marriage, she  lied that he is her groom.  While Wang So and Shinyool were holding the wedding ceremony, there was a sudden rain and thus Wang So took a cloth and cover ShinYool. The fated love of the two are making the viewers curious and looking forward for the next episode.
In Addition, "Shine or Go Crazy" is based on a novel by Hyun Go Woon  starring Janghuk, Oh Yeon Seo,  Lee Honey, Im Joo Hwan,  Netizens commented " Jang Hyuk and Oh Yeon Seo matches each other quite well" , "At first i don't have any expectation but it is good",  such responses, etc.
cr to allthatstar

Guest chajoowon

LavelyShai said: kaftanbatikcantik said:

the time jump is so confusing..wangso did married yeonwon but why he live outside the palace..didn't his father made wangso married yeonwon coz he wants him to be the king..yeonwon also want to become a queen.,but it seems like she doesn't care wangso live outside the palace n not become the king..someone plz help me..

Just finished the second one ... pity I could not do one after the other .... and more pitiful that I have to wait for the next episode
Me has a question, a silly detail one, but still
Last scene: They can't possible spot each other, can they?twice the camera angle shows them walking just past each other ... then it shows their eye recognizing ... BUT ... the angle would be off for those two to see AND how can he possibly recognize her due to the fact that she was veiled all the time in his presents?

Guest chajoowon

itzibitzispider said: Just finished the second one ... pity I could not do one after the other .... and more pitiful that I have to wait for the next episode
Last scene: They can't possible spot each other, can they?twice the camera angle shows them walking just past each other ... then it shows their eye recognizing ... BUT ... the angle would be off for those two to see AND how can he possibly recognize her due to the fact that she was veiled all the time in his presents?

Guest chajoowon

marie67 said: How will he divorce his current wife? Not another MTETS please. Alltogether, Jang Hyuk and Oh Yeon Seo have amazing chemistry and the story is good so far.

chajoowon said: itzibitzispider said: Just finished the second one ... pity I could not do one after the other .... and more pitiful that I have to wait for the next episode