[Drama 2014/2015] Punch 펀치

larus

As much as I love both shows, I'm sad to see that Punch is in the second place for this episode. Hope it will be up for the next episode.

1. KBS Healer 9.4
2. SBS Punch 9.1
3. MBC Pride and Prejudice 8.0

Nationwide
KBS Healer 9.4 (+0.2)
SBS Punch 9.1 (-1.0)
MBC Pride and Prejudice 8.0 (-0.2)
Seoul
KBS Healer 10.8 (+0.8) ;
SBS Punch 9.6 (-1.1) ;
MBC Pride and Prejudice 8.6 (+/-0)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, What a brilliant episode. I cried during ye rin moment. It was a heartbreaking and subtle moment.
Punch steadily rised to my top fav drama and I'm not an easy viewer to satisfy. Watching Healer but can't get passed ep 4. Try to continue just for casual watching.

Im gonna wait till thursday for reliable subbing.Cant wait to watch the ex couple interactions like in those photos and i really like the actor playing lee tae joon.Dunno why.The rating still close to 10 and who knows it may

jump higher later.

This Drama continues to be the best of the ones I'm currently watching.  Now we have open war declared in an "every man for himelf" kind of fight, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. This Drama could end up being a RARE exception to one of my bugbears about K Dramas. I normally dislike the focus on "redemption/forgiveness" because it almost invariably comes with the villain paying no price at all. I'm feeling magnanimous, so am prepared to concede that dying an excruciatingly painful death and losing the chance to watch his precious daughter grow up may be sufficient karma to allow for his atonement. 

JH is slowly becoming one of the best male characters I've seen in a Kdrama in a while. Not even close to being the nice guy we're almost always shown in Kdramas this always cool guy with only one weakness (his daughter) is staying true to his character regardless of his impending demise. What's even more interesting is that we slowly realize the JH we see now had help in becoming the villain, not only from his partners in crime but also from the so called good guys, giving the big picture here a nice shade of grey. The one thing that radically changes though is the way JH reacts to YR but I honestly don't have a problem with that since the man was never a heartless monster, just way too ambitious almost to the point of ruthlessness - great scene when the first thing he did when he was released was to call his daughter surprising HK.
 One thing I can't get enough of is JH in intimidation mode, the way he got KJ to back off in the interrogation room when he was supposed to be the one in a weaker position was just awesome and I can't wait when he does his number on his old boss and the minister  :D.

P.S. Was it just me or did they try to sneak in a slightly nice gesture from JH when he gave HK a blanket to sit on in his cell :)

Guest MaknaeC

150112 SBS Official Website Update

악역만 있는 드라마? 사실은 웃음 가득한 드라마! | Only Villains Drama? Actually, Laughter-Filled Drama!

Img0404_20150112115203_3.jpg

Img0404_20150112115030_2.jpg

Img0404_20150112115203_4.jpg

Img0404_20150112115203_1.jpg
Img0404_20150112115203_2.jpg
Img0404_20150112115203_5.jpg
Img0404_20150112115203_6.jpg
Img0404_20150112115203_7.jpg
Img0404_20150112115203_8.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_1.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_3.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_4.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_5.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_6.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_7.jpg
Img0404_20150112115030_8.jpg

Love these BTS pictures! Laugh and smile everywhere. For a while, make us forget that Punch is such an intense drama :x :x :x

Guest dzealousie

@victorb, I think the scene where Junghwan gave blanket to Hagyung to sit on in the lockup cell is telling us that he still cares about his wife a bit. Just like the scene where he gave the only hotpad he received from Yerin to Hagyung. I think he still cares about her because she is the mom of his child, although I'm not sure if he cares about her more than that. The way he blamed Hagyung on their divorce also tells me that he had no intention of breaking up with his wife in his perspective. And remember how he has reserved family spot at the charnel house? He bought it for 6 family members - meaning to include his daughter Yerin and his ex-wife, Hagyung. For someone to actually think of a place for his ex-wife to reside after death is quite a deep thought. What even more, he put his wife as the recipient of his personal bank account safe. Yerin once told Junghwan how Hagyung told her about the love story between her parents - she said Junghwan used to follow Hagyung everywhere during their Uni days thus I think Junghwan must have liked Hagyung a lot before and it's quite impossible for him to totally to have no more feelings towards Hagyung now.
His only fault was to be too ambitious, his only greed.   

Guest dzealousie

A note on the drop of the rating: I actually thought Episode 8 was better than the previous episode. I just love every scene in that episode hence I don't understand the reason for the rating to drop.

The emblem of the Supreme Prosecutor Office of Republic of Korea

The emblem expresses fidelity through the traditional symbolic motif of a bamboo tree. The parallel array of vertical lines stands for the prosecutors’ impartiality. The curvilinear design along the top was adopted from the bottom of a set of scales, signifying fairness. The navy line in the centre represents a sword, emphasizing the importance of clear judgment.

Finally, the five straight lines represent justice, truth, human rights, impartiality and integrity, and their colour, blue, stands for rationality.

A note on the drop of the rating: I actually thought Episode 8 was better than the previous episode. I just love every scene in that episode hence I don't understand the reason for the rating to drop.

More people are watching Healer instead. It's less intense and easier to take in. I also watch Healer but I prefer to watch Punch instead.

Guest dzealousie

@Kehinde, yeah it seems like it. My sisters both are watching Healer as well and they seem to like it very much. I haven't watched it yet so I don't really know how it goes. Punch itself is enough to keep me preoccupied for the moment.

@Kehinde, yeah it seems like it. My sisters both are watching Healer as well and they seem to like it very much. I haven't watched it yet so I don't really know how it goes. Punch itself is enough to keep me preoccupied for the moment.

I started Healer because I curious to see what all the hype was about. I saw on a Dramabeans recap that one episode had about 100 comments and the next episode had about 1000 comments. I see why people watch it but it doesn't keep me on the edge of my seat like Punch does! Punch over Healer any day!!

Kehinde

said:

Archived