[Drama 2014/2015] Punch 펀치

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the last two episodes (6th and 7th). Another solid episodes. It`s a little late for me to join the discussion (I`m going to bed (:|) but I can`t leave without sharing the funny scenes with the two "boys of Lee Tae Joon". Jung Hwan and Gang Jae, the smart one and the delivery boy. :D

tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo1_1280.png
tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo2_1280.png
tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo4_1280.png
tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo5_1280.png
tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo6_1280.png
tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo7_1280.png
tumblr_nhxifyGG5i1sdd1ivo8_1280.png

Guest MaknaeC

yoonmi66 said: @MaknaeC Yeah, I admire him too. Reading his story I thought that it would be an interesting drama inspired from it.
I heard about Angry Mom. He will write the script for this drama? Oh, thank you for the information. I will watch for sure.

Edit: I`ve searched about Angry Mom. The screenwriter has the same name but it is a different person.
Edit2: Dramawiki  says that he is indeed the writer of Angry Mom. Confusion....

Guest MaknaeC

kback said: I haven't seen the episode 7 yet but I don't get it why Tae Joon is so mad at Jung Hwan. True he didn't help his brother to run away from the country but he helped to get the man out of the search area while four hunred policemen were checking there. Did he think that JH said the location to Ha Gyung?

Started watching the drama today, and as always Kim Rae Won does not disappoint. Call me crazy, but why do I understand him and his reasoning (even thought I would never do what he's doing). I'm sympathizing with him, even before his illness...and I'm only at episode 2. Is it because of KRW, who is doing an excellent job. I love his relationship with LTJ. The scene in episode 2 when JH was telling LTJ that he was taking a month off made me cry so hard.

I haven't decided yet what I think of the ex-wife. I'm more concerned about JH and LTJ's relationship.

I'm so happy the KRW chose this character and this drama to act in after 3 years. Truly one talented, gifted actor who is able to captivate the viewer....even in a grey character as this one.

salijoo said:I didn't like Park Jung Hwan at first and never felt invested on his hardship unlike Lee Tae Joon but these past two episodes changed my mind, loved how he didn't really change and he's becoming more layered. So far, Shin Ha Gyung is the only one, I still can't feel for her, even though, I should root for her character, I do but I'm not really excited compared of Yoon Ji Sook who's the definition of awesomeness.

AWESOME DRAMA!!!!

As expected from writer-nim, a drama which has depth and great intensity, just like his previous dramas, The Chaser and Empire of Gold. And he knows how to pick actors for his plays. Kudos for their impressive acting & hard work, the result is a brilliant play!  <:-P =D>

(Jung Hwan) Kim Rae Won reminded of Tae Joo (Ko Soo) in the Empire of Gold, the way they dressed up and the hairstyle are similar.. :D And also the Lee brothers reminded me of the Choi brothers.. :D

Nice to see Seo Ji Hye again, it's her who made me to watch this drama right away when I came to know she's one of the cast :\">

I thought Kim Rae Won was chubby, but he is not at all.. :) 

I haven't watched a Korean drama since Empire of Gold ended so when I started this drama I felt I was listening to a very alien language :D

Hi, to All! :-h  This is my first visit here.

pranx said: I need to point out the ridiculousness of the tug of war between the Law minister and Prosecutor General over where to land the flight in stormy weather. It is way out of their domain! Do such things happen in South Korea? The law minister even ordered over the phone that the pilot should land at her preferred airport despite the risk!Also why can't the hero find an alternative source for his painkillers? He can pretty much manage everything else. Is this what you would call a makjang drama?

anastassia said: This drama is uber great and a masterpiece. Top-notch writng, acting and everything in between. But the discussion is very slow and silent.
I hope many people is getting this gem. The plot is something else. This is not a revenge nor a melodrama. This is a human, political drama at its best.
Maybe the synopsis is confusing for people.
More to comes drama. Am on my edge right now. My heart still beating after watching ep 7 just now.
I want to savour every single line of LTJ dialogue.  The dialogue involving his scenes was sharp, brilliant and witty. It has lots of wisdom and many realistic and analogy as well. An excellent writing!

@nikachan2008: Hi! Nice to see a fellow EOG fan here. Indeed we can find similarity between the previous works of Park Kyung Soo. We can see his writing style. I commented a couple of days ago that Lee brothers are like Choi brothers in EOG. :) The same strong bond between them after hardship in their youth, the same sacrifices for their legacy but a different path for them. No rivalry and not hard feelings beneath that love. And I find Jung Hwan to be equally stubborn/ determined and intelligent as Tae Joo. Both working hard to overcome their conditions.

The casting is very good. I think Kim Rae Won lose some weight for this role and the make up is making him look like an ill person but the eyes are bright and show many emotions. He prepared good for the role. I love the most his emotional scene.

@MaknaeC
: I am sure that Park Kyung Soo is not the same writer. It is not the first time when people with an identical name work in the same branch. But that doesn`t mean that the newbie writer Park Kyung Soo will not do a good job too.

@larusThanks for your explanation. That article was insightful. I think, as an international viewer, it was just a case of bad timing, so soon after Air Asia accident. And I think I am more used to the US television world where drugs can flow freely. 
 I like that this point Jung Hwan is pretty much choosing the side that keeps him next to Ye Rin, morals and past relationships be damned. Also waiting for the writer to shed some light on HaKyung next week. Will the Justice minister then bring in Ho Sung as her right hand man to replace Ha Kyung? What are Ho Sung's motivations?
KRW lost weight for his upcoming movie with Lee Minho.
As for Healer, its a Lois and Clark story, so lots of potential for cuteness and fluffiness. It looks very slick too, hence the high comment count on DB.

pranx said:
 I like that this point Jung Hwan is pretty much choosing the side that keeps him next to Ye Rin, morals and past relationships be damned. Also waiting for the writer to shed some light on HaKyung next week. Will the Justice minister then bring in Ho Sung as her right hand man to replace Ha Kyung? What are Ho Sung's motivations?
KRW lost weight for his upcoming movie with Lee Minho.
As for Healer, its a Lois and Clark story, so lots of potential for cuteness and fluffiness. It looks very slick too, hence the high comment count on DB.

nikachan2008 said:

AWESOME DRAMA!!!!

As expected from writer-nim, a drama which has depth and great intensity, just like his previous dramas, The Chaser and Empire of Gold. And he knows how to pick actors for his plays. Kudos for their impressive acting & hard work, the result is a brilliant play!  <:-P =D>

(Jung Hwan) Kim Rae Won reminded of Tae Joo (Ko Soo) in the Empire of Gold, the way they dressed up and the hairstyle are similar.. :D And also the Lee brothers reminded me of the Choi brothers.. :D

Nice to see Seo Ji Hye again, it's her who made me to watch this drama right away when I came to know she's one of the cast :\">

I thought Kim Rae Won was chubby, but he is not at all.. :) 

I haven't watched a Korean drama since Empire of Gold ended so when I started this drama I felt I was listening to a very alien language :D

Hi, to All! :-h  This is my first visit here.

larus said:
Ho Sung`s motivation|? To survive in that chaos? He is another victim of circumstances, of his own choices? He was the friend of Jung Hwan but he reveled the truth about that deal with the broker. He thought that Yoon Ji Sook will keep her promise and Jung Hwan will be alright. He chose a side but too bad that side was not the side of the good people either. " A bad person...less bad person...the choice in front of me is still the same" said when he took the tickets from minister Yoon. He will follow his own ambitions? We`ll see.

Archived