[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

My first introduction to Kdrama was via SKKS which I really love.  Since I don't like watching long series I managed to watch just a few kdramas since then.  Because of SKKS... I came to know her and became her fan, PMY not the actress but the person I perceived her to be via every thing I've read about her be it interviews, blogs, comments or whatever .  Maybe that's the difference why I can enjoy watching her despite some hit and miss in acting :)

There are 3 actors in Korea that I love....Eugene and Ki tae Young, Park Min Young and I'm adding Ji Chang Wook to my list :)  I'm more drawn to the personal characters of these actors rather than their talent.

I'm happy to hear such wonderful and encouraging comments from people who cannot tolerate her work in the past.... finally her hard work is slowly paying off.  I think Ji Chang Wook, based on one of his interviews shared by @marie67 went through similar painful experiences when he was starting in his acting career.  But acting is JCW's passion that's why he's so determined to learn the craft and keep on improving through the years.

Whereas PMY didn't have to work that hard to land a good role... it was mere luck that got her where she is and it has somehow gotten into her head and realized later on certain painful truths she has to deal with herself.  Yes she is a hard worker but not a passionate one at that and these are very evident in her previous works that made her unhappy and feeling ashame of.   So she has to go on leave for 2 years to figure it out.... if she can really pursue this field or stop and just admit to herself this isn't for her. 

I admire her for shifting agency and choosing a smaller one in favor of KK..... that way she can get to choose the projects which she believes can help her grow as an actress.  She was good in ANL but her character was not fully developed maybe she knew that beforehand but wanted to learn something from such a great actor as KMM.  Healer is her next choice along side another great actor YJT and probably was pleasantly surprised to find out how a great an actor JCW is.

Like what I said I seldom watch kdramas and I'm glad I didn't pass on healer.  I really love this drama probably the best I have seen so far.  (Btw, I watched Cityhunter too but did not finish it hehehe.)  I think I'm going to get a personal copy of this drama for my viewing pleasure hehehehe.

I've never been this active in any drama forum and I really enjoy being here.  This made me think which will I miss more when healer is over.... the drama or being here.  

Now going back to healer..... I wonder who will get to read CYS's request?  Healer or ajumma and should ajumma get to read her email first can it be possible that it is healer senior who will meet her instead of JH?????   Oh I'm sorry it's JH who received the email so does it mean romance will continue???

After watching the KMS flashback scene.... I'm beginning to believe he is still a good man and was just forced to be where he is now to protect MY.  I am excited to see episode 11-12 with a heightened expectation to see more of KMH's back story.

We know that MH has those tapes and a Healer booklet, but we dont know when he had those in his possession right? Is it recent because he used Healer (the courier) for the first time asking for CY's DNA. And I wonder what was his reaction upon knowing about Healer the Courier. Its the same as the booklet, so that must piqued his interest right? And was that triggered him to use Healer's service?
@sia3 : I was ready to click Awesome until I read the last timeline. Hahaha. Hey, its a must! :D But to go to great length and put the story in a timeline, yahhh.. Awesome indeed. :-bd

'어둠 속에서’
문호가 박봉수를 의심하는 줄도 모르고 정후는 힐러의 모습으로 문호를 찾아간다.
문호는 정후를 이용할 생각을 하고, 정후는 아버지의 누명을 벗기기 위해 그 제의를 받아들인다. 
그러는 와중에 정후는 영신이 보낸 메일을 받게 된다.
영신은 힐러가 살인용의자라는 사실을 알게 되지만 그래도 힐러에 대한 믿음으로 만남의 자리에 나가는데...

"In the Dark"
Jung Hoo doesn't know Moon Ho is suspecting Park Bong Soo and goes to find him with his Healer identity.
Moon Ho wants to use Jung Hoo and Jung Hoo accepts Moon Ho's suggestion intending to clear his father's name.
Meanwhile, Jung Hoo receives Young Shin's email.
Even though Young Shin's knows that Healer is suspect for murder, she believes in him and heads to their meeting place...

Translation by me

----

Thanks for the translation :)

Young Shin still believes in Healer? Great! Please believe him no matter what happen! He need you! :-bd

Written preview is out. Where's video preview? Please don't on Sunday. I might going crazy. But it's not mean I deal with you to update video preview on Monday. [-X

Guest mywebfoot

I think the actor playing Jung Hoo's dad is dressed in Healer gear only because they had to do that one scene where Myung Hee 'sees' Jung Seok walking out of the Kim Moon Shik's study. The rest of the time we've never seen Jung Seok playing the role of the Healer.
Although its possible that the storyline can still change to have Jung Hoo's father being the original Healer, I think it's more likely this is just a BTS pic, to show off how well they cast the actors to be father and son.

@sia3... Wow! Amazing effort! It's great to have everything summed up into a timeline like that. Love that last timeline - and I didn't realise they kissed on his birthday! Thank you for pointing that out! I think you've got it all there... I can't think what else is there that we can figure out.
Although... @qwenli, @maddymappo and @Ahpheng have now made a new discovery. So Seo Jung Seok was the original Healer? Not Ki Young Jae? So Evil Elder had Daddy Healer killed and framed him for Gil Han's death? And so KYJ assumed the pseudonym Healer in memory of his good friend, and then passed it on to the son? 

~X( %-( @-)
I think I succeeded in frying my brain all over again. It's been awhile since I said this (maybe not since Faith)... but Monday, for my sanity, please come quickly. 

Guys, it was explained in the dramabeans post and much earlier in the soompi thread that when Healer walked out of KMS's study and ran into Myung Hee, she saw the face of JH's dad instead of JH. So for that one scene they had the actor for JH's dad dressed in the healer outfit. The dad is NOT the original Healer. Teacher (Ki Young Jae) is the original Healer.

@azzurri  We are just speculating regarding the identical dress of the two of them in the picture.  We don't know yet that his father was the original Healer or even if there was an original Healer other than Jung Hoo. We will find out.  Cool down your poor brain.   @-)

A lot of speculations on who is "original" healer. Actually in JB's ep 10 review we know that Kim Moon Ho had this book in his antique trunk (which he double up as a coffee table) and it wrote:

There’s also a tattered booklet bearing the title “HEALER” and marked as a first issue, dated May 1981. The cover page bears the line: The media exists to diagnose and heal this society’s pains. Aha. So Healer was an underground vigilante publication.

So we can conclude that "Healer" is the name of the publication the 5 friends had created, with their ideals of free media and reporting.

Since Teacher was arrested in 1981, my guess is that this is the first and last issue of the publication. I also believe that Teacher went "underground" to work with Ahjumma as night courier under the code-name Healer probably in memory of the friends and ideals they had in 1980s.

After which he left when JH reached adulthood, passed JH Ahjumma's contact and since then JH had inherited Teacher's night courier work and code name "Healer".

@maddymappo... yes I know. It's just that all these what-ifs keep running around in my mind, so it's just me frying my own brain. Not any of you. But thank you @mywebfoot and @terbi for pointing out the fact. Although it's still possible that Myung Hee saw JH as his father because she's seen him dressed that way before.... OK, OK won't go there. Let's just wait for Monday. LOL

HAHAHA @azzurri - isn't it fun to get our brain fried again like we did 2 years ago =))
Healer aside, have you check out Misaeng? Awesome drama, it's a MUST watch! :D

Anyway, we'll definitely see another flash back according to the pictures posted a page before by MUFCFangirl and this one below.
H4MTWFU.jpg
cr to DC

And jaebal SJN, please explain to me WHY Moon Ho isn't feeling guilty towards Jung Hoo, and WHY he hasn't been searching for Jung Hoo? Is it because he believed Seo Joon Suk killed Gil Han? Or is it because he thought Jung Hoo still has a mother, but not Young Shin?

Edit: OMO!!! Hyperventilating!!! They are HOLDING HANDS!!!

@sia3... Hahahaha... yes!! I have missed frying my brain right along with you. LOL I haven't watched Misaeng although it's on my To Watch List. Uri @mywebfoot has been promoting it to me as well. Right now, I can't' watch anything besides Healer, I find. So Misaeng will have to wait until my heart is settled. 
And yes, thank you @Ahpheng, I went right over to watch the preview. One he meets MH with the lights on, two there's a scene of him crying in the dark and three they meet for a 'date' and hold hands! Gasp! Be still my beating heart!!