. But probably I should watch it. I like

Homeroom

, so I should like

Next Gen,

right?

Is this the episode? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozjurotovYo

I'll try to watch it tomorrow. :)

There was a part of Non's where he is crying. That's interesting because it looks like he was in Thee's room.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest they shouldn't question Tou sexuality as much as they do, especially in the press considering his frail age. People should learn to differentiate private and 'work' life; but I suppose most people let themselves be influenced by a character, however they need to put a wall between Tou as Thee and Tou in real life.

If we are on the topic of acting, I like Gunn (Tar) and the girl who plays Dao - but most definitely Tou and Punpun showed a good amount of development - I suppose the acting couch plays an important role in making them become comfortable with their characters. And after seeing the video (next gen ep 13) from above, I'm looking forward to see what the actor who plays Non has to offer.

i work up in the morning and we jumped to another page... YAY~~~~ 

VarutK

said:Anyway, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading it for a while and thought it's time to join. You guys really do have some interesting way of analyzing the character and storyline. This is fun :-)

By the way, since most people here are non-Thai speakers, do you mind if I throw in some background on characters' names? I think you'll be impressed at how good and well thought out some of this is.
Some examples:
Win Chaichana - Chaichana means "victory," and this smart, good-looking, super-popular, suave, rich kid has the nickname "Win" (English). On a drama programme, he's gotta be heading for trouble. You know disaster is coming from S01E01.Khwan (Khong Khwan) - means "present" or "gift." This is seen in the scene where her parents give her a birthday cake: "Happy Birthday: Kong Khwan [present] of Mom and Dad."Mhog - means "fog." Goes with the sense of mystery? Or, indicates that he is able to mix with everything (in S01, he's close friends with the most people) but remain mysterious?Toei - she's given a name that is predominantly masculine, in contrast to the name "Rose" that she could have had.Tar  - a bit boring; from "guitar."
Dao 
and Din - "star" and "earth/land/soil." The star comes down to the earth. Could be cute. Could also be tragic: what is an innocent star doing soiled?
Sprite - what you think it sounds like.
Koi
 - little/pinky finger. Children use this finger to "make up" with each other after fighting (they use the thumb to indicate the are fighting now). She does seem to reconcile people together sometimes.
Sun Athit - like Win, is first name and his nickname have the same meaning but in Thai (Pali-Sanskrit) and then English.

Edit (contributions from other posters later in the thread):

Tar Olan  - "big" (Chinese first, then Thai or Pali-Sanskrit). Seems to fit with his sense of self-image. Tar starts out as a guy trying to be noticed, partly because he has to deal with self-image, being short and scrawny, etc. [thanks to @akira9 for the information on Chinese-Thai family nicknames]
Phai - "bamboo." @kashie19 says: "Bamboo is known to be extremely strong, and even more strong because it is flexible-able to bend without breaking."

bencanuck said: By the way, since most people here are non-Thai speakers, do you mind if I throw in some background on characters' names? I think you'll be impressed at how good and well thought out some of this is.
Some examples:
Win Chaichana - Chaichana means "victory," and this smart, good-looking, super-popular, suave, rich kid has the nickname "Win" (English). On a drama programme, he's gotta be heading for trouble. You know disaster is coming from S01E01.
Sun Athit - like Win, is first name and his nickname have the same meaning but in Thai (Pali-Sanskrit) and then English.

bencanuck said:
I also wonder if Toei's rejection of or fear of or stiffness in the presence of intimacy has anything to do with the unknown story of her father. (Where is he? What happened?) But maybe it's better that this is unanswered... The open-ended possibility has worked well so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozjurotovYo
Thoughts on the issue of Non's character in Ep13 of Next Gen:
- P'Yong (producer) describes Non as an 'innocent' or 'naive' character, in addition to his charm, sincerity, and liveliness. From this I take that Non is not altogether aware of how others interpret him, though in his own mind he is direct and simple.- P'Yong also made clear that they are trying to develop Non into a character that can be useful, helpful, etc. in future seasons. In what way? In-universe helpful or meta? It's not clear.- When directing Bank slumped over a desk, P'Ping (director) does speak to Bank about someone doing something to us that makes us react negatively, feeling that it's not OK. A colloquial English translation of what P'Bing says Bank's reaction should be is: "Whoa whoa whoa, no. That's not on [= that's not OK]." ... As @akira9 point out, it's Ep10 (scene 27).- Ep12 is the episode where Bank is crying in the hallway at the dorm. Teacher Bew (the acting coach) really is affected by it.
It looks like things are going to go horribly wrong. I'm feeling it, and I don't even ship NonThee. :(

Guest akira9

@bencanuck‌ You misunderstand about Tar. Guitar is just Toei's mom thought about his name. In fact, Tar is from Chinese language because of his Chinese-Thai family. (I mean he has Chinese lineage. Not 100% Thai ) Thus, Tar in Chinese means "Big" as same as Olan, his first name.

@akira9 Oh, I didn't realize about Tar in Chinese (and Olan in Thai). Thanks!

Are there any other names that you see have meaning? I haven't noticed any others. They might be too advanced for me.

Let's add:

Tar Olan - big (Chinese first, then Thai or Pali-Sanskrit). Seems to fit with his sense of self-image. Tar starts out as a guy trying to be noticed, partly because he has to deal with self-image, being short, etc.

Guest JasonZ

bencanuck said: By the way, since most people here are non-Thai speakers, do you mind if I throw in some background on characters' names? I think you'll be impressed at how good and well thought out some of this is.
Some examples:
Win Chaichana - Chaichana means "victory," and this smart, good-looking, super-popular, suave, rich kid has the nickname "Win" (English). On a drama programme, he's gotta be heading for trouble. You know disaster is coming from S01E01.Khwan (Khong Khwan) - means "present" or "gift." This is seen in the scene where her parents give her a birthday cake: "Happy Birthday: Kong Khwan [present] of Mom and Dad."Mhog - means "fog." Goes with the sense of mystery? Or, indicates that he is able to mix with everything (in S01, he's close friends with the most people) but remain mysterious?Toei - she's given a name that is predominantly masculine, in contrast to the name "Rose" that she could have had.Tar  - a bit boring; from "guitar."Dao and Din - "star" and "earth/land/soil." The star comes down to the earth. Could be cute. Could also be tragic: what is an innocent star doing soiled?Sprite - what you think it sounds like.Koi - little/pinky finger. Children use this finger to "make up" with each other after fighting (they use the thumb to indicate the are fighting now). She does seem to reconcile people together sometimes.Sun Athit - like Win, is first name and his nickname have the same meaning but in Thai (Pali-Sanskrit) and then English.

@JasonZ Thai nicknames can be about things like that. Other examples from Hormones: Mint, after fighting with Mhog (S01E04), has a date at the movies with a university student named Benz. Khwan's half-brother who is also Win's friend is named Porsche. I don't think it's product placement. It's just a possible Thai nickname. :)
Of course, the English word "sprite" also refers to a kind of fairy. It also comes from English "spirit." Sprite, in the first three episodes, is something of a "free spirit," doing whatever she feels like. I don't think there are supposed to be quite that many layers of meaning in her name, though! :D

Guest Kudaranai

That's what I'd like to think too, that Sprite's name refer to a fairy. But that word is commonly associated with the soda brand. (Literally the first thing people would think of, I feel) It's even funnier now since Pepsi is one of the sponsors this season and Sprite is a Coca-Cola product. I don't think changing her name to 7Up would work though.

Guest casio123

Hi everybody, i'm a newbie here...Sorry for my very bad English!!! I learn a little bit English in school but i don't use it usually. So, hope you guy still understand!!! :((I was here in the beginning but i was so lazy to sigh up. But now, this topic seems very interesting, i'd like to share my opinion with you guy.
I'm here because of Thee, i like this character so much. I also like Tou!! I'm VERY VERY glad when Tou ended up as Thee, not Din. Because i don't like Din and i'm sure i will never like Tou like this if he was Din.I DO agree with you guy that Tou is really a victim of media. Poor my little guy, he's still so young, He's only 16, at his age, he's still growing and i don't like he become gay because they want he's gay! 16 years old, kiss and hug a guy,...so many times... that could change his sexual orientation. And he could have some troubles in school, i think..When people ask him if he wants to go out with March, he always says: "And you, my fans, what do you want, if you want i can do it..." No, no Tou, forget your fan, who's care they want or not, live your life and love who you want, ok? He is also innocent and honest in the talk show, sometimes too much...Anyway, i hope he become a star in Thai showbiz.

About Thee, i really like this character. It seems like me when i was 17, love the guy who love my best friend. They were in my class, i saw them everyday and it was difficult to me to forget this painful love. Somebody asks why Thee can't forget Phu and move on, I know the reason. 
I was a Phu-Thee shipper, and Non-Thee shipper, but now, i think 3 our boy will never end up together. Phu-Thee is finished, Phu changed his mind, he will not come back and he can not come back because Thee will love Non ( he'll kiss Non when Non sleep on his desk). About Non, i have no idea about he is gay or not or he love Thee or not, and why he cry outside of Thee's room, but Thee will leave this school at the end of this season, maybe he'll start a special relationship with James, haha...

Hi everybody, i'm a newbie here...

Sorry for my very bad English!!! I learn a little bit English in school but i don't use it usually. So, hope you guy still understand!!! :((
I was here in the beginning but i was so lazy to sigh up. But now, this topic seems very interesting, i'd like to share my opinion with you guy.

I'm here because of Thee, i like this character so much. I also like Tou!! I'm VERY VERY glad when Tou ended up as Thee, not Din. Because i don't like Din and i'm sure i will never like Tou like this if he was Din.
I DO agree with you guy that Tou is really a victim of media. Poor my little guy, he's still so young, He's only 16, at his age, he's still growing and i don't like he become gay because they want he's gay! 16 years old, kiss and hug a guy,...so many times... that could change his sexual orientation. And he could have some troubles in school, i think..
When people ask him if he wants to go out with March, he always says: "And you, my fans, what do you want, if you want i can do it..." No, no Tou, forget your fan, who's care they want or not, live your life and love who you want, ok? 
He is also innocent and honest in the talk show, sometimes too much...Anyway, i hope he become a star in Thai showbiz.

About Thee, i really like this character. It seems like me when i was 17, love the guy who love my best friend. They were in my class, i saw them everyday and it was difficult to me to forget this painful love. Somebody asks why Thee can't forget Phu and move on, I know the reason. 

I was a Phu-Thee shipper, and Non-Thee shipper, but now, i think 3 our boy will never end up together. Phu-Thee is finished, Phu changed his mind, he will not come back and he can not come back because Thee will love Non ( he'll kiss Non when Non sleep on his desk). About Non, i have no idea about he is gay or not or he love Thee or not, and why he cry outside of Thee's room, but Thee will leave this school at the end of this season, maybe he'll start a special relationship with James, haha...

Wow, this is very insightful. That is also what I was thinking. Thee might leave the school if he gets heartbroken twice. I think that might be the reason why Non was crying..

Oh my, this is getting too complicated. Can someone steal the script so we can know beforehand?? Hahaha

Archived