[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

hormones-the-series-009.png

This wasn't in the episode... even though that's the same shirt Phu wears when he visits Toei.

This is possibly my biggest disappointment with this week's episode. We couldn't get rid of it in one episode... The dorky shirt will appear again!
:((

milotic55 said: I find it so interesting the story of the triangle, I think the director is trying to give us clues here on top of the lesson that it taught. The circle is obviously phu. The first traingle is thee, second is toei and third is bomb. The circle didn't fit with any of the triangle at first, which is true thee phu and bomb all left him, but then the story goes on and it talks about how the circle meet the first again and then suddenly when they try they actually fit together, so maybe in the end Phu will end up with THee

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just finished the Kuda subbed episode 5. thanks again Kudda.here's my initial impression:1.i wont go too far as to say phu and tee will get back. but he will at least try to genuinely take responsibility for his actions. i can see some epiphanies on phu's part. phu and tee getting back together will be tough considering there's a non in the pciture. i think phu, toei and phai will all be in the same boat when it comes to the people in their lives. youll have phu tee, non, tar, toei pang (and possibly sun, i see some chemsitry there) and phai prite and prosche.  funny how they will have their end of the semester in hua hin. months ago when they finished shooting the season they filmed their last scenes in hua hin.
2.Bomb also is doing to Phu what Phu did to tee. actually nice the parallelisms bomb drew between she, her german ex and phu and phu, toei and tee. bomb put phu and tee in the same boat. maybe this is another hint.  bomb goes back to the ex who dumped her. -P Bomb is Phu, Toei, Tee and Phu's mom all rolled into one person. bomb makes up for where the 3 failed--to listen to Phu. Bomb made him confortable in his own skin. Bomb looks like a female thee. hahahah.
3. i think eventually phu and toei will become good friends. ala will and grace. phu is comfortable aorund the LGBT's. he smiles at the story of the gay wedding proposal. that maybe a clue
4. love the scene where phu is alone in the marching band room,. he's being ignored by toei online. then a new flute boy plays. hammers the fact that everyone is gone.
5. i like the symbolism of morg's blurred picture and her preference for dentistry and communication arts. comm arts sorta symbolised mort, its what she and mort have in common. the fact that its only her 2nd choice maybe foreshadowing for her and mort.
6. thank you Bomb for calling Phu an richard simmons to his face. i think he needed to hear it and feel it. one of phu's problems is he refuses to take responsibility for his feelings and actions. or when he does, its the wrong way of going about. Phu doesn't refute Bomb when she says he looks gay. it actually opens up the whole LGBT conversation that was dying to be had. and yes thank Bomb too for hammering the point---this is not an identity crisis. he's a cheater. Phu needs the right kind of tough love. what he got from thee, toei and his mom were anger and frustration. he needed to be loved without being condoned.
7. really loving how Tar has become the resident guidance counsellor. hahaha. and i really am thrilled by the suggestion of chemistry between pang and sun.

Guest nicmartin

bencanuck said:
This wasn't in the episode... even though that's the same shirt Phu wears when he visits Toei.

This is possibly my biggest disappointment with this week's episode. We couldn't get rid of it in one episode... The dorky shirt will appear again!

I still question the use of P'Bomb in the series. I trully think that it is not necessary. It almost looked like the usual plot for every fiction stories. A character arrives only to teach you of your senses.

I believe that reality is harsher. Eventually, Phu will get to know himself but this can be done even without Bomb. I mean, it is okay for him to cry, drink, skip school, be horrible but it will all come to an end understanding himself as part of growing up. It doesn't have to involve bomb...this is what reality is for the youth..most of the times there is no bomb.

About Phu getting back with Thee...i doubt but there may be an attempt from Phu(which is realistic). Thee wont allow himself to be with Phu again.

Guest JasonZ

bencanuck said: hormones-the-series-009.png

milotic55 said: I find it so interesting the story of the triangle, I think the director is trying to give us clues here on top of the lesson that it taught. The circle is obviously phu. The first traingle is thee, second is toei and third is bomb. The circle didn't fit with any of the triangle at first, which is true thee phu and bomb all left him, but then the story goes on and it talks about how the circle meet the first again and then suddenly when they try they actually fit together, so maybe in the end Phu will end up with THee

Hi everyone! I'm fan of HTS since the ss1 and I found this forum is full of interesting discussion, so I would like to join and to share my obsession with this series :)) ps. I'm not English native so please do not mind if my English is so bad >_<

bencanuck said: milotic55 said: I find it so interesting the story of the triangle, I think the director is trying to give us clues here on top of the lesson that it taught. The circle is obviously phu. The first traingle is thee, second is toei and third is bomb. The circle didn't fit with any of the triangle at first, which is true thee phu and bomb all left him, but then the story goes on and it talks about how the circle meet the first again and then suddenly when they try they actually fit together, so maybe in the end Phu will end up with THee

Wow, @JasonZ and @koko1 replied with the same idea at almost the same time! But like @koko1 says, if it means Thee's 'too-big' love must be chipped away to fit into Phu's empty hole, that does sound pretty sad...

Anyone else have any other thoughts?

Welcome to the forum, @koko1 ! Many people here are non-native speakers of English, so certainly don't worry about that. Glad you decided to join us.

nicmartin said:

About this scene - wow, thanks for pointing it out! Is this the first time Phu and Sprite have a scene together?

Guest JasonZ

Just watched subs for S2 Ep 5
That polka-dotted shirt looks really weird, makes anyone look like a clown when wearing it in my opinion lol. Plus Phu's skinny jeans makes him look like an ogre or something lol.
Why do they have to do the gulping noise so loudly when drinking?  It's so weird and makes me shiver :P
I love how the Garnier shower thing was in that cake bag thing that Sprite gives to her mom.  Like what's a shower thing gotta do with cake?  Promo much?
I don't really agree with what P'Bom said about Phu being a cheater.  If you are cheating in a relationship, you actively seek out other people besides the one you are dating (while Phu actually did this, the info he told P'Bom did not suggest that).  So in the context of what Phu told P'Bom, it's possible that you can love someone else more once you are in a relationship, but it's not cheating, it's just very unfortunate and the relationship is possibly a mistake.  But what Phu actually did when he was trying to kiss Toei during the dance scene in Season 1, is what I consider cheating.
That bass guitarist is too enthusiastic with such cheesy expressions, so ridiculous and funny :D.  Also, I don't like Sun's voice too much.  it sounds like he's just singing notes and words, but not making them smooth and connected, it's too percussive.
WHY ARE ALL THE ACTOR'S SKIN SO FLAWLESSLY SMOOTH?!?!  I know it's makeup, but to be more representative for high school, you gotta see some acne.  I mean, all teenagers get some kind of acne.
Why do Sprite and Porsch eat so properly?  Uses forks and spoons, I will be messily eating with chopsticks or a fork lol.  Heteronormativity is so boring (lol, jk)  Also, Porsch is so pushy to get Sprite to be his girlfriend: "let's not wait anymore time like this".  If you really wanted to get to know Sprite better, you would be fine talking to her more and naturally start a relationship later.  I feel like Porsch is going to be controlling or a bad bf later.
They are playing some kinda Skrillex-esque music for the Phai club scene, ugh turn it off :(.  And their bobbing up and down is such an awkward movement/dance thing (but bobbing up and down is not really dancing).  Also, Fern's room is so cleannnn!  (actually, all the sets are really clean)
I don't understand why Phu couldn't just say "my friend really needs me" or something like that?  
After watching with subs, I think that P'Bom (what does the P' in front of the name represent?) was used like a deus ex machina (basically where something suddenly comes into the plot to resolve all loose ends) in the series.  Their conversations are so on point about Phu's problems and they started to click immediately (I mean love at first sight is something, but their relationship was very sudden).  And then she leaves at the end very quickly?  Seems like everything was too quick and not very smooth, despite reading your guy's arguments before.  Also, if P'Bom was used in the plot to help Phu realize some of his misdeeds, I don't think the sex and the depth of their relationship was really necessary; however, I am quite biased against Bom and Phu as I am totally a Phu and Thee shipper (but actually more of a Thee and Non shipper, so maybe I'll be okay with Bom and Phu?)  I wonder if P'Bom will be back later in the season.
Since you guys analyze so much on the details (which is fun!), what do you think the bar's name Pinocchio has to do with the themes or plot?  Is there many lies between Phu and Bom?
Most of my comments are ramblings of the little details that annoy me or make me laugh :) 

Guest nicmartin

HAHAHAHA yes! That's such a weird house. Maybe it's a library?
One thing I also noticed was Toie's house. It's massive! And I thought, wow these kids are rich. Cupcake making must bring in a lot of money. Although we haven't seen what Toie's dad does for a living or whether she even has one. 

Guest weirdy

nicmartin said: HAHAHAHA yes! That's such a weird house. Maybe it's a library?
One thing I also noticed was Toie's house. It's massive! And I thought, wow these kids are rich. Cupcake making must bring in a lot of money. Although we haven't seen what Toie's dad does for a living or whether she even has one. 

Guest milotic55

bencanuck said: hormones-the-series-009.png

Guest nicmartin

I just finished re-watching episode 5, this time around with Kuda's always helpful, brilliant subs. And I must say I now have a more positive view of the episode. 
Yes, P'Bom was a plot device but she was instrumental in infusing a rather deep and visceral character point-of-view, which has not exactly been fully explored in other episodes. I love it. I wish she has longer episodes. 
One thing most noticeable to me - if you remember almost always in Phu's arguments with Tee and Toie he'd ask (and I'm remembering and referencing loosely) -  "What can I do to make you be friends with me again?" (to Tou in Season 1, episode 13) or "What can I do to make you get back with me? I will do anything!" or "What can I do to make you happier?" (to Toie in separate episodes of Season 2). And just as almost always, he never got direct answers from Tee and Toie. It wasn't their fault because they're entitled to their own ways of dealing with grief and anxiety, but still, Phu never exactly knew how to deal with them though he asked directly (shucks I can't believe I'm defending azzhole Phu here)...
And yet he seems to have found the right answers from P'Bomb, and he didn't even have to ask aggressively. It was all organic, smooth-flowing and wise. The case of Missing Piece and being finally called out as an azzhole, as examples. 
I love Phu's realizations and awakenings here. And it seems to me that were two instances alluded to his maltreatment of Tee's feelings. I'm unsure if they'd get back together, but it seems like he'll surely find a way to repent and seek proper forgiveness from Tee.

Guest refreshx

Hi all... Newbie here from Singapore. Big fan here and sadly, I don't understand Thai. HTS S2E5 indeed has hit a little too close to home. I somehow am able to relate to Phu in many ways, from love life to erm... many other stuff. Haha.. I guess Phu is just being himself; Young and clueless, trying to figure himself out and fit into the norm. Along the way, he made some bad decisions and hurt people around him as a result, but I guess it is part of growing up and self-realisation. Personally, I do enjoy this episode a lot. P'Bom played an important role here, which is to help Phu understand himself a little better and reflect on his past action. So I am guessing, like many others, Phu may wish to sort things out with Thee in time to come. I am quite curious now how will the story between Phu and Thee will evolve. And I doubt Toei will get back with Phu.

Guest Earthkeeper

Oh, no! Bad news!

http://kudalakorn.wordpress.com/ has been suspended!
All of the site's contents are gone. I hope P'Kuda has a backup!

I remember Sprite and her mom live in the flat, the others live in very big house, Phu' also has swimming pool. How can we regconize the private shool and the public school in Thai, they have the diiffrent uniform? May be the taxi price is cheap so they use taxi alot

Archived