Do Kyung Soo [도경수] - Starring in " It's Okay It's Love" and "Cart"

ainissky

Guest camellia159
Cart DVD - Cast Commentary on Kyungsoo
BJY: Bu Jiyoung, director
YJA: Yeom Jungah, acted as Sunhee, lead and Taeyoung’s mother
MJH: Moon Junghee, acted as Hyemi, second lead and Sunhee’s friend

[First scene]
MJH: But our friend D.O., Kyungsoo, I think there’s something about him.
BJY: A friend with a surprising wealth of expressions…
YJA: Yes, without being excessive.
MJH: Right. It’s not easy.
(During the filming of the scene where Sookyung throws Taeyoung bread, Jiwoo, the actress, had to leave early for a separate schedule. Kyungsoo acted his parts out alone, with one of the production crew or the director standing in to provide reactions.)

[Leaving the room after getting upset]
BJY: And Kyungsoo conveyed the feeling of discontent well here. It wasn’t too exaggerated either. How to say it… he’s an actor who understands directions well. Although it could be because this is his first time.
YJA: Nah, he’s a smart kid.
MJH: I think it’s because he’s smart.
BJY: That’s why his final actions were so naturally improvised. There were multiple takes and he would change them up with each take. This was just one of them.
YJA: (jokingly) Wasn’t that asking too much of a rookie?

[Taeyoung: I’m a customer!]
BJY: These, these were lines Kyungsoo made up.
MJH: He did well.
BJY: He did well! They were pretty meaningful. At first the son was that sort of character who thought it was a given that the customer is always right, but later comes to understand his mother’s side. The line was something he just made by chance, but I thought it was pretty good.

[Scene talking with Sookyung while working at the convenience store]
BJY: Kyungsoo said that while acting for the first time, matching the actions to the lines and doing something while talking was difficult, but didn’t he do very well? Following the flow naturally in his own way.
YJA: Since he’s bright, very smart.
MJH: You need an intuitiveness for this, the preciseness can’t be taught. He has talent.
YJA: Phew… he dances and sings well too.

[Fighting scene with Sunhee]
BJY: This scene was when Kyungsoo yelled like that for the first time in his life, right? Very different from his own character… He told me he practiced for this so I asked how, and he told me he would keep shouting while he was alone taking a shower.
MJH: Anyhow, because he couldn’t yell loud enough, yelling like this at his mother was the hardest part for him.
BJY: Right. That acting was the most difficult…
YJA: Really… how do you have a kid like that? Never opposing his mother once…
BJY: He says he never asked for money either.
MJH: An uncommon child.

[Sunhee, Taeyoung conversation]
MJH: It’s good, how that gaze says everything even without words.
BJY: Kyungsoo is quite good at that.
MJH: Not something that can be taught, but a part of one’s nature. One’s nature.
BJY: Here it could be Kyungsoo himself too. For him, aside from [Taeyoung] losing his temper, I think he and his character match really well.
YJA: He’s got sense for all kinds of things. It’s lovely.
(The scene at the police station where Sunhee stands up for Taeyoung was the last to be filmed.)

©0124dks / nebulaexo

Cart DVD - Cast Commentary on Kyungsoo
BJY: Bu Jiyoung, director
YJA: Yeom Jungah, acted as Sunhee, lead and Taeyoung’s mother
MJH: Moon Junghee, acted as Hyemi, second lead and Sunhee’s friend

[First scene]
MJH: But our friend D.O., Kyungsoo, I think there’s something about him.
BJY: A friend with a surprising wealth of expressions…
YJA: Yes, without being excessive.
MJH: Right. It’s not easy.
(During the filming of the scene where Sookyung throws Taeyoung bread, Jiwoo, the actress, had to leave early for a separate schedule. Kyungsoo acted his parts out alone, with one of the production crew or the director standing in to provide reactions.)

[Leaving the room after getting upset]
BJY: And Kyungsoo conveyed the feeling of discontent well here. It wasn’t too exaggerated either. How to say it… he’s an actor who understands directions well. Although it could be because this is his first time.
YJA: Nah, he’s a smart kid.
MJH: I think it’s because he’s smart.
BJY: That’s why his final actions were so naturally improvised. There were multiple takes and he would change them up with each take. This was just one of them.
YJA: (jokingly) Wasn’t that asking too much of a rookie?

[Taeyoung: I’m a customer!]
BJY: These, these were lines Kyungsoo made up.
MJH: He did well.
BJY: He did well! They were pretty meaningful. At first the son was that sort of character who thought it was a given that the customer is always right, but later comes to understand his mother’s side. The line was something he just made by chance, but I thought it was pretty good.

[Scene talking with Sookyung while working at the convenience store]
BJY: Kyungsoo said that while acting for the first time, matching the actions to the lines and doing something while talking was difficult, but didn’t he do very well? Following the flow naturally in his own way.
YJA: Since he’s bright, very smart.
MJH: You need an intuitiveness for this, the preciseness can’t be taught. He has talent.
YJA: Phew… he dances and sings well too.

[Fighting scene with Sunhee]
BJY: This scene was when Kyungsoo yelled like that for the first time in his life, right? Very different from his own character… He told me he practiced for this so I asked how, and he told me he would keep shouting while he was alone taking a shower.
MJH: Anyhow, because he couldn’t yell loud enough, yelling like this at his mother was the hardest part for him.
BJY: Right. That acting was the most difficult…
YJA: Really… how do you have a kid like that? Never opposing his mother once…
BJY: He says he never asked for money either.
MJH: An uncommon child.

[Sunhee, Taeyoung conversation]
MJH: It’s good, how that gaze says everything even without words.
BJY: Kyungsoo is quite good at that.
MJH: Not something that can be taught, but a part of one’s nature. One’s nature.
BJY: Here it could be Kyungsoo himself too. For him, aside from [Taeyoung] losing his temper, I think he and his character match really well.
YJA: He’s got sense for all kinds of things. It’s lovely.
(The scene at the police station where Sunhee stands up for Taeyoung was the last to be filmed.)

©0124dks / nebulaexo

eng trans by @fy_dokyungsoo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest camellia159

EXO’s D.O and Kim So Hyun Confirmed for Melodrama Film

The cast for director Lee Eun Hee‘s upcoming film “Pure Love” has been officially announced. EXO‘s D.O, Kim So Hyun, David Lee, Yeon Joon Seok, Joo Da Young, and more have been confirmed to star in the movie. The filming will start this summer and the movie is scheduled to be released next spring.

“Pure Love” will have people reminiscing about their first love stories as they listen to love stories on the radio. During a live broadcast, a radio DJ receives a letter that shares stories from a fishing village 23 years ago.

D.O and Kim So Hyun will portray the main characters and enact a pure love story. David Lee from KBS’s “Who Are You,” Yeon Joon Seok from MBC’s “Make a Wish,” and Joo Da Young from KBS’s “Masked Prosecutor” will play supporting roles. Many are looking forward to seeing how the actors pull off the regional dialect.

This film will be director Lee Eun Hee’s first full-length feature film. Filming will take place in Goheung County in Jeollanam-do Province.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/29/exos-d-o-and-kim-so-hyun-confirmed-for-melodrama-film/

The cast:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGKIgFTUUAAJ4vM.jpg

Finally, it's confirmed!!!

Guest camellia159

“Do Kyungsoo (EXO D.O) who successfully made his way to the big screen through the film ‘Cart’ will be challenging acting in the lead role in movie ‘Genuine.’ Actors Kim Sohyun, Lee David, and Joo Dayoung will also star alongside Do Kyungsoo in ‘Genuine.’

Set at a radio broadcasting station which receives a 23 year old letter, ‘Genuin’ tells the poignant story of five friends and their unforgettable first loves as the past and present combine. This project will mark the directorial debut of Lee Eunhee, a graduate from Korea National University of Arts.

Do Kyungsoo and Kim Sohyun will play the lead roles at the centre of this first love. Many anticipate great chemistry between Do Kyungsoo, whose acting skills was displayed in the film ‘Cart’ and the drama ‘It’s Okay, It’s Love’, and Kim Sohyun, whose nuanced performance of two roles in ‘Who Are You’ moved audiences.

The film will also show a deep friendship between the five of characters, showcasing the acting skills of Lee David, Joo Dayoung and Yeon Joonsuk.

Having completed casting, 'Genuine’ will begin filming at the end of June.”

Credit: translation, dailyexo.tumblr.com, Source: Ten Asia.

http://dailyexo.tumblr.com/post/120502641235/translation-d-o-150602-ten-asia-do

Additional information on Pure Heart/Naïvety*Kyungsoo will be playing Beomshil, a naïve boy in a tender first love with a hurt girl that crosses to the present from the past through a letter broadcast on radio. He is one of five closely-knit friends, and their camaraderie will be painted along with the first love. The film will take place in Goheung, Jeollanam-do, twenty-three years ago. This is the director’s debut feature-length film.More details here.*English title yet to be announcedsource 150602, 150402

Additional information on Pure Heart/Naïvety*

Kyungsoo will be playing Beomshil, a naïve boy in a tender first love with a hurt girl that crosses to the present from the past through a letter broadcast on radio. He is one of five closely-knit friends, and their camaraderie will be painted along with the first love. The film will take place in Goheung, Jeollanam-do, twenty-three years ago. This is the director’s debut feature-length film.

More details here.

*English title yet to be announced

source 150602, 150402

http://fydokyungsoo.tumblr.com/post/120499165574/additional-information-on-pure-heart-naivety

ainissky: EXO next Door, not really, haha. I just watched it for fun when I was bored, sometimes just Kyungsoo's scenes. The script and the characters have no depth. About Kyungsoo, his delivery of lines is pretty good overall but sometimes I still find him awkward tbh and it makes me worry.

I see you creating a thread for Pure Love. You're so fast xD

Guest camellia159

Do Kyeong-soo, Kim So-hyeon-I, Lee David, Joo Da-yeong in movie 'Innocent Love'

2015/06/02 | 431 views |  | Permalink | Source

photo599492.jpg

Actor singer Do Kyeong-soo, Kim So-hyeon-I, Lee David, Joo Da-yeong, and Yeon Joon-seok have joined in 'Innocent Love'.

Movie 'Innocent Love' depicts ardent first love going back and forth between the different timeframes through a letter delivered from the past 23 years ago as well as the sincere friendship among the five friends. It is the debut project in full length movie by director Lee Eun-hui, who is a graduate from Korea National University of Arts, with a lot of field experiences in film industry.

Do Kyeong-soo, who received great reviews for his roles in his first movie, "Cart" as well as in drama, 'It's Okay, That's Love' and Kim So-hyeon-I, who earned the heart of the viewers with her role in drama, 'Who Are You - School 2015' are going to play the leading roles of the ardent first love.

Lee David, who has showed unique and in-depth acting performances through movies "Poetry" , 'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' and "The Front Line", Joo Da-yeong, who has been showing the excellent acting performances in "Mourning Grave", "Inspiring Generation" and the currently running drama, "Masked Prosecutor", Yeon Joon-seok, who played the childhood role of Kim Nam-gil in drama, "Shark" have also joined in the movie.

'Innocent Love' will begin filming in the end of June in the area of Goheong, Jeonnam.

http://www.hancinema.net/do-kyeong-soo-kim-so-hyeon-i-lee-david-joo-da-yeong-in-movie-innocent-love--82751.html

@ainisky: So, what do you think about EXO Next Door? =D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest camellia159

'I Remeber You' releases first still cuts of EXO's D.O

Monday, June 15, 2015   By cloud  /  View Comments

1434068314_922488.jpg

Upcoming KBS's drama 'I Remember You' has released the first still cuts featuring EXO's D.O

In one photo, the idol is seen with a strange expression while the other one is a portrait of him with a two little boys with an unusual atmosphere, raising the curiosity of many people upon the situation.

D.O will make his special apperance in the drama as Lee Jun Young, a dangerous person that Lee Jung Min(Jun Kwang Ryul), father of Lee Hyun(Seo In Guk), was profiling. Lee Jun Young also immediately notices Hyun's genius and continuously haunts Lee Hyun's present life eventhough he's just a character from Lee Hyun' memories.

It was said that D.O had a big affection towards Lee Jun Young. Despite his hectic schedules, he kept reading the script again and again in order to fully understand his character and arrived prepared to communicate with the director.

CJ E&M said,"Do Kyung Soo will showcase his great presence in the first episode.Whether the character or the background, we can't unveil yet. But one thing for sure, eventhough it's just a brief appearance, he will ensure his title as "actor Do Kyung Soo". Don't miss the broadcast".

'I Remember You' will broadcast on June 22nd at 10PM KST.

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/06/i-remeber-you-releases-first-still-cuts.html

너기억 하이라이트 경수 Cut

credit:@dofancom

Knets & Cnets Comments of still cut Kyungsoo in Drama

Knets:

(The upvotes are still increasing)

+1271  -119 I'm going crazy... Kyungsoo ahhh

+1059  -97  What... gradually became anticipating this drama

+1004  -95  How will Kyungsoo play Joonyoung? I get goosebumps right now.

+821    -83  Kyungsoo ah... Kyungsoo... Want to see you sooner!

+388    -35  Greaaaaaat! TTTTTTTTTT

+276    -25  Very talented. Good at singing as well as acting.  EXO kids are not like relying on their faces, but really has actor feels, especially this kid.

+275    -24 Goosebumps...really anticipating

via CaramelDO

Cnets:

3800+ retweet, 1200+ comments, 7400+ likes

+182 The man... too handsome

+161 Doh Kyungsoo is suitable for complicated character.. His eye expression is full of drama

+141 He's talented. Watched his drama before and he's quite good.  Another good idol actor. Maybe he'll go into movie industry like     Park Yoochun.

+123 Absolute actor. He has tremendous potential!

+124 When can my dodo walk out of lead actor's mind? (saying kyungsoo's actor is again in leading actor's memory or hallucination)

+118 I truly think kyungsoo's acting is good. In EXO Next Door last episode, his monologue made me almost cry. Kyungsoo ahhhhhh

+112 Kyungsoo can rely on his face, but he chooses to rely on his talents...

+101 Complicated character with sad aura. The roles this kid chooses are always having distinctive features...

+84 After watching IOIL I was shocked by his acting. Can't tell he was just a new actor. My friend became a fan of him.

Trans: @Guagua_Huang

EXO’s D.O Leaves Strong Impression as a Psychopath in “I Remember You” Premiere

do-kyungsoo-i-remember-you-800x446.png

EXO‘s member D.O left a strong impression on the viewers with his portrayal of a coldblooded psychopath in the first episode of “I Remember You.”

The new KBS Monday-Tuesday drama had its premiere on June 22. The first episode mainly dealt with the younger Lee Hyun, the main character of the drama played by Seo In Gook.

During the episode, Lee Hyun’s father Lee Jong Min (Jun Kwang Ryeol) goes to the prison to counsel an inmate named Lee Joon Young, portrayed by D.O. They share a chilling conversation, during which D.O’s character reveals psychopathic tendencies. He ends their conversation with a chilling smile.

The viewers seem to be very impressed by D.O’s performance as a psychopathic youth in the first episode of the drama, as many took to social media to discuss how terrifying he was in this scene.

“I Remember You” airs every Monday and Tuesday on KBS.

do-kyung-soo-i-remember-you.jpg

Source: (1)

cr to: Soompi

K Netizens reaction to "I REMEMBER YOU" EXO'S D.O. Acting

EP.2 :I Remember You" Seo In Guk - Jang Nara, Chasing After Do Kyungsoo at The Same Time

201506232219777133_55895e5174f98_99_2015

1) [+6649  -463] First must admit Do Kyungsoo is an idol that doesn't try to appear cool 

2) [+5502   -270]  Dio acted well don't feel like an idol

3) [+4462 -118] What in-the-hell kind of person is Lee Jun Young... ? How does the person that Seo In Guk met in childhood knows Jang Nara.

4) [+3830 -167]  Interesting well-done acting

5) [+3138   -103] I hope there's no plagiarism. The casts are excellent

6) [+830   -49] The best part is when he opened his eyes at the ambulance... The actions scenes was really epic. This kid knows how to do action well. Said he's a good singer too? Here comes my favorite one in SM

7) [+804  -47]  Do Kyungsoo's acting is really good. Pronunciation skill, vocal, eyes, all freaking awesome. He breaks the prejudice against EXO

8) [+788  -26] So far is the rookie idol that can act naturally like that... Do Kyungsoo has been born. Here comes the real thing in SM

[+4481 -166] Do Kyungsoo's really too good at acting. Insanely
[+3917 -95] The scene which he escaped from the prison was really scary.
[+3820 -106] Eyes went back at the throat-slicing part, tsk. And then when he grinned at the ambulance, tsk tsk tsk
[+3480 -129] Do Kyungsoo's acting is supergood, exceptionally a top notch
[+3391 -150] Didn't expect him to be a rookie actor ㅋㅋ and he's a singer? His acting is really good

Rough translation by: aya @oneKyungsoo

[K NETIZONE] 'I Remember You' Episode 1: Do Kyung Soo

20150622004799_0_99_20150622230206.jpg

[Naver: Segye Illbo] 'I Remember You' Do Kyung Soo's creepy smile on his angelic face, 'Chilling'

1. [+603, -2] He's so good at acting.....
2. [+537, -3] Wow, it felt like a horror dramaㄷ ㄷ  Kyung Soo's really good at acting. I wanted to see how good he was so I watched "It's Okay, That's Love' and it made me realize why he got the rookie award.
3. [+485, -5] I feel so proud. As expected, Kyungsoo's good at actingㅎㅎ
4. [+470, -4] He's really good at acingㅠㅠ I almost peed my pants
5. [+538, -4] He acted better than I thought...ㄷ ㄷ
6. [+146, -0] I'm not even an EXO or D.O. fan, but I admit that he acts well.. I feel like he'll do better than the other rookie actors.
7. [+125, -1] Why is he so good at acting;; Every time he smirked, I yelled, don't smile!!!!!!! He gave me goosebumps, so scary.
8. [+117, -1] Wow..I get why people praise his acting. He's as good as a rookie actor..
9. [+114, -0] Kyung Soo's an acting genius ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ  Kyung Soo-yaㅠㅠㅠㅠ Kyung Soo-yaㅠㅠㅠ
10. [+115, -4] Wow, the only one who should act in EXO should be Do Kyung Soo. He gave me goosebumps.

[kkuljaem]I Remember You Ep 1
ii77950.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'I Remember You', What is Do Kyung Soo's identity?.. Innocent face+ creepy smile

1. [+10,834, -728] Do Kyung Soo's acting is really good..His voice is daebak.ㅠㅠㅠ IRY's Lee Joon Young, do well !!
2. [+9,655, -667] D.O... His acting is quite good. I find him so unique ever since 'It's Okay, It's Love' 
3. [+8,516, -554] D.O.'s really good. Goosebumps
4. [+2,045, -88] Wow. I knew the role would suit him because he has a deep voice and he does poker face so well. It was so scary when he was talking about toner with the prison officer
5. [+2,050, -94] But I thought his acting was good.. He's just  undervalued due to the fact that he's an EXO member
6. [+1,940, -68] Damn... Wow. I decided to watch this for Seo In Guk but..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. Daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Nate 
7. [+827, -67] Best actor at SM
8. [+598, -67] Do Kyung Soo's psychopath acting is so real.. Gave me goosebumps as I watched
9. [+90, -6] He has both the face of an angel and a devil. Unfortunate that he's just an extended cameo

fajsdlkfja.jpg

Osen - Naver: Seo In Gook - Jang Nara 'I Remember You', Korean version of 'Sherlock' is here.. Sweet

1. [+4,107, -413] I'm hooked. Time flew by so fast. Do Kyung Soo's acting is really good
2. [+700, -58] Wow. Seo In Gook and Jang Nara have good chemistry... Do Kyung Soo is talented
3. [+343, -16] The story is so fresh
4. [+210, -7] The young Lee Hyun is so pitiful. He knows everything but can't reveal it because of his brother. The little brother is so scary.. He is getting deceived by the dad..
3. [+202, -14] First episode and it's already amazing. Can't believe a drama like this is airing on a public channel. It's so fun. Seo In Gook, Do Kyung Soo and Jang Nara are jjang

cr to: OH

"I Remember You" Instead of Being Remembered as EXO D.O., He Has To be Remembered as Actor Do Kyungsoo No Matter What.

201506231752079610_1.jpg

As expected it was a success too this time. The expectation has been paid enough with the satisfaction. Where did his fancy image from the stage went? Whenever he acts, he changes suddenly, it can't be more fine. This is no other than EXO's D.O., ah no, actor Do Kyungsoo's story.

The new Mon-Tues drama from KBS 2TV, I Remember You have revealed themself through its first episode in June 22nd. A story about a dangerous man, and a girl who stalked him solving a crime case together while hiding their feelings, and a story about where the man tried to heal his wound. In the beginning of this exciting story, the presence of Do Kyungsoo who did an enthusiastic performance have left a deep impressions as if he is more than a cameo. 

While "I Remember You" is being narrated, having complicated story in the first episode by coming and going the past and the present, Do kyungsoo acted as Lee Jun young, who is the main role of the mystery, and left a strong impression. His acting did not express too much nor did feel lethargic, which was perfect for the role of psychopath lee Joonyeong.   

In here we can see his pure eyes of a boy and a cold eyes of a psychopath at the same time with a weird strange expression. And more over with Do Kyungsoo's appearance, the existence of Lee Joonyeong is already enough to gain a viewers.

"I Remember You" is the fourth place where Do Kyungsoo tried to challenge his acting. If we leave out EXO Next Door, he was all a supporting role in his movie debut "Cart" and SBS drama "It's Okay It's Love".  In "I Remember You" his appearance is as a cameo. But why the public paid a lot of attention to Do Kyungsoo? Just because he is one of EXO's member? Of course he can be a topic because the fans' enthusiastic support to EXO is so attracting. But those great comments and reviews about his acting skills, it is himself to take a credited for all. 

So far, there have been so many acting-idols, needless to say, performed in dramas and movies. But those who received a great review is not a lot. It was hard to deceive the public, by creating "Protecting my idol" opinion of fandom. That is why there is a lot of them who got frustrated and ended up going back to the stage with being unnoticed.

But Do Kyungsoo is different. He wasn't the lead role and didn't do any sweet romance role, but in every works he did, all that come up is a compliment. It is just a small role but Do Kyungsoo's earnest reflects the outcome. Yeom Jungah who acts as Do Kyungsoo's mom in "Cart" said that Do Kyungsoo always asked her a lot about his curiosity in acting and gave her a lot of questions every time to the point of she wants Do Kyungsoo as his real son. And though he is part of EXO, who is a number one on stage as a singer, in the filming site he is always so humble as a rookie. With that kind of diligence and passion, the outcome will never betray Do Kyungsoo.

Now as he take his first step in "I Remember You", we still do not know how much he will make an appearance in the future. But on his first step in "I Remember You", the viewers can remember that Lee Joonyoung, the role that Do Kyungsoo took is a quite substantial role.

ONLY TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDIT
TRANSLATED BY KYEONGSEW AND ANNATTODO
FOLLOW ON TWITTER @kyeongsew @annattodo
ASK ON ASKFM -> KYEONGSEW

"Center of The Topic Do Kyungsoo, Expectation For His Appearance as a Supporting Role”

2015062301001514000103032_99_20150623171

The appearance of Do Kyungsoo who take the role of Lee Joonyeong in the first eps of "I Remember You" leave a deep impression. Seems like now it'll be okay even if Do Kyungsoo discard his idol label. The look saying that he cannot trust others from the beautiful silhouette of his face, or the look of his face when he saw Jeon Gwangryeol was impressive. 

After the first broadcast of "I Remember You", seems like the hottest person right now is Do Kyungsoo. Of course he also shows a remarkable acting skill too before, but seems like he certainly shows it all at once this time.

"Group EXO's D.O. (Real name: Do Kyungsoo)'s Acting Appearance That Changed 180 Degrees in A Drama"

201506231427_41180009576826_1.jpg

The thing that gathered a lot of attention is the reversal of Do Kyungsoo's warm look. In "It's Okay It's Love", "Cart" etc with no need to be pointed out, he is a star that holds fans' sympathy by his natural likable look. But Do Kyungsoo shows a totally different frightening smile together with his angelic face. To Lee Hyun who has gone to the wrong place, Lee Joonyeong might be someone that has the best loving smile more than anyone, but the viewers can find through Do Kyungsoo's acting that behind that smile there is a cruel monster that is placed inside of him.

In his previous acting careers, Do Kyungsoo received a lot of attention because of his excellent acting. Although he has been thought to have a limit to have various roles, due to his nice appearance or the fact that he is idol, he made viewers astonishing by "I Remember You". Though it's an unfortunate that Do Kyungsoo's appearance in the drama will only be seen till the 2nd eps, it makes people expecting his next appearance in the next drama/movie more.

Seeing a Devil Named Do Kyungsoo in "I Remember You"

201506231109133510_1.jpg

Do Kyungsoo (EXO D.O.) succeeded in his intense transformation acting. It's a really frightening acting to the point of as if a horror movie comes out in this hot summer. He did so well as if he is wearing his psychopath character as a clothes.

Before in "I Remember You", Do Kyungsoo was a part of "It's Okay It's Love" drama and received a lot of good review. He took the role of Han Kangwoo, who is a bright teenage boy carrying a big wound at the same time. But in this cameo appearance, he perfectly played this wicked character. Though he didn't hold a knife or showing blood, indeed he succeed on being the scene stealer with his subtle expressions and lines in this "I Remember You" drama.

Do Kyungsoo Rules the Hybrid Actor-Idol

201506231102771005_5588c28b666cb_99_2015

He's doing a constant great acting, but no one knows it's great to this point. EXO's member Do Kyungsoo who's currently playing in " I Remember You" drama is showing off his strong acting skill.

Do Kyungsoo who's taking the role of Lee Joonyeong is classing up the drama with his sly character again. He is the person who's taking the role of Jo Insung's other personality in "It's Okay It's Love", the one who's holding the key of the drama's point. Though it's short, he is taking an important role too in this drama, and showing an overwhelming presence. His calm vocalization and his vivid expressions acting and his skill in processing the lines can be said as unrivaled too between his actor peers.

This is the era where Actor-Idol, people that do 2 jobs as a singer and idol is being on the spotlight. Do Kyungsoo together with Lee Jun, Im Siwan, Yook Seongjae etc is evolving as the example of Actor-Idol and keep on growing.

Do Kyungsoo Saving "I Remember You"

2015062309240746782_1.jpg

'I Remember You' ambitiously stepped in to open a new chapter for the investigation dramas, but left some regrets for its first episode. From there, the one that’s leaving a deep impression is Do Kyungsoo's special appearance in the first and second episode of the drama. “I Remember You” drama’s mystery is actually saved by the acting of Do Kyungsoo, since it’s trying to show so many things and fast development at once. The way he speaks quietly with his big eyes, made our blood curdle as well.  The smile that has no feeling even showed dreary. 

Especially he had many scenes with the veteran actor Jeon Gwangryeol, and he did not get cold feet and expressed his color right.

Do Kyungsoo is a member of idol group from SM entertainment, EXO. His acting skills got proved by his appearance in SBS drama "It's Okay It's Love" and "Cart" movie. With his appearance in only 2 eps of "I Remember You" drama, though as not a lead actor, we are curious about his presence in the future.

Seo Ingook is pulled and Do Kyungsoo is pushed

201506230917773930_5588a71bcb015_99_2015

Seo Ingook is pulled and Do Kyungsoo is pushed. The drama quality is improved through these 2 actors who debuted as a singer’s instinctive acting skills.

Do Kyungsoo that's taking the role of a psychopath is showing a really overwhelming presence.

As expected the one who's showing an overwhelming presence in the first episode of I Remember You was Do Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo already shows his acting skill in SBS drama "It's Okay It's Love" before as Jo Insung's alter ego. This time, he is taking the role of Lee Joonyeong, a person that's somewhat full of mystery, and showing his real value as a skillful Actor-Idol.

Seo Ingook and DO Kyungsoo, Are They Really a Singer?
The Birth of 'Monster Actors'

20150623_1434990043_96226200_1_99_201506

Excellent performance of the "I Remember You" drama's actors is being revealed on the last June 22. Especially the monster-like acting of Seo Ingook and Do Kyungsoo that's becoming a hit.

Another actor who shows an excellent performance is EXO's member, Do Kyungsoo. He just comes out as a cameo in "I Remember You" drama but he is able to show a lead actor level's crazy presence and ascends the throne of a scene stealer. Do Kyungsoo who's taking the role of a criminal psychopath Lee Joonyeong, able to express the character through his frightening expressions and the way he talks.

Do Kyungsoo's acting skills was recognized through last year's SBS drama "It's Okay It's Love" and "Cart" movie. But we never knew that he will be able to do the psychopath acting and even immersed the character brilliantly. His acting skill is literally like a monster, and can make the viewers get goose bumps. He just makes a special appearance here but there is a reason on why giving the young actor a really important role.

First Episode of "I Remember You"
Seo Ingook and Do Kyungsoo, Instead of Actor-Idol, Just Call Them an Actor.

201506230726303651_99_20150623072705.jpg

Do Kyungsoo's who's taking the role as someone that's being profiled by Lee Hyun's father (a profiler) emit a bright light with his acting skills. Do Kyungsoo was being reborn as an Actor-Idol through his appearance as Jo Insung's alrer ego in SBS drama "It's Okay It's Love" and "Cart" movie.

But in this drama there no sad eyes of a teenage that's being beaten by his father, and there is no part-time worker that's stepping out to fight. Do Kyungsoo has transformed into a dangerous person, Lee Joonyeong. And with his creepy acting, he changed the atmosphere of the drama. With a heavy voice and his eyes acting he divided himself into the idol D.O. and the actor Do Kyungsoo and draw an admiration towards him.

[NEWS] D.O - 150623 Newsen: “‘I Remember You’ Guest Star Do Kyungsoo’s Presence Surpasses Main Character”

tumblr_inline_nqetzt4Xsx1shzxxk_540.jpg

“Do Kyungsoo has once again showcased his unique presence in ‘I Remember You’.

From the first episode of ‘I Remember You’ (Script Kwon Kiyoung/Direction Noh Sanghoon, Kim Jinwon), the new Monday-Tueaday drama on KBS 2TV which aired on June 22nd, Do Kyungsoo made a cameo appearence as Lee Junyoung - a psychopath.

Although Lee Junyoung is only seen through Lee Hyun’s reminiscence, he has greatly influenced Lee Hyun’s (Seo Inguk) life and remains a significant character in Lee Hyun’s memory. Lee Junyoung immediaty recognised young Lee Hyun’s genius and exacerbated Lee Hyun’s father Lee Joongmin’s (Jeon Gwangryeol) fears about his own son. In this moment Lee Junyoung played a decisive role in Lee Joongmin’s descision to isolate Lee Hyun.

As Lee Junyoung plays such a significant role in the narative’s set up, despite limited screen time, this character is extremely important.

EXO’s representative actor Do Kyungsoo took the role of Lee Junyoung. Many praised Do Kyungsoo’s nuanced performance of the coldly charismatic Lee Junyoung, impressing viewers to the point of overshadowing the lead. Like Lee Joongmin says, Do Kyungsoo’s innocent, youthful face directly contradicts the character’s chillingly cruel personality.

As of yet little is known about Lee Hyun and Cha Jian’s (Jang Nara) connection, the drama has hitherto focused on main character Lee Hyun’s past, with Do Kyungsoo displaying great presence and acting ability as Lee Junyoung.

‘I Remember You’ is a suspenseful drama containing a romance between Lee Hyun (Seo Inguk), a dangerously attractive genius profiler, and Police University graduate elite detective Cha Jian (Jang Nara), who has been stalking Lee Hyun.”

Credit: translationdailyexo.tumblr.com,

Source: 뉴스엔/Newsen.

Archived