Do Kyung Soo [도경수] - Starring in " It's Okay It's Love" and "Cart"

ainissky

class="single__title entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 0.79em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: inherit; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;"The press conference for upcoming film Cart is reported to have been delayed due to the necessary checks made as it was found out that D.O‘s fans falsely presented themselves as part of the press. On October 22nd, the preview and press conference for the film was held in Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin, Seoul, but was delayed due to due to D.O’s fans who participated in the event pretending to be reporters.According to the production team, there had been numerous occasions where fans allegedly used fake name cards and pretend to be reports during the film’s previous sessions. The necessary checks were put in place to prevent this from happening, temporarily postponing the press preview which in return caused an inconvenience for the entire production and invited guests.Meanwhile, EXO’s D.O makes his film debut in Cart, which is about the workers for a large discount store who gather and protest after being unlawfully fired. It follows a stellar line-up with actresses Yoom Jungah, Moon Jeonghee andKim Youngae.It has made its world premiere last Septemer at the Toronto International Film Festival and is set to be released in theatres in South Korea on November 13th.
Source: Newsen
Wow...Kyungsoo already give big impact... ^^

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On October 22, the film 'Cart' held a press conference at LOTTE Cinema located in the Gwangjin district of Seoul. During the press conference, EXO member and rookie actorD.O. talked about his experience filming his first movie.

D.O. shared that he was thankful to the cast and the director, saying, "It was really difficult when I first received the script for 'Cart'. Although I don't know much [about acting], the sunbaes and director helped me a lot. I want to say thank you to everyone who gave me the opportunity to work on this film."

When asked if he felt burdened to act with such a star-studded cast, D.O. responded, "When I first started acting, I was really tense because I was acting with these great sunbaes. But because they would occasionally be by my side, take good care of me, and give me guidance, I filmed the movie very comfortably and had fun."

'Cart' is a movie about a single mother who works at a large store until she is wrongfully dismissed and decides to take a stand. D.O. plays her son who seems stoic and reserved at first, but gets closer to his mother as she struggles with her job. 

credit:allkpop

"Cart" is a powerful depiction of work in the modern world and the trials of true unionists. #TIFF2014 

@FriendlyLawyer

[141023] Max Movie reporter on Cart: "Alot of people during the watching of Cart got angry, clapped and gave support. For me in the movie, I really liked it when Do Kyungsoo came out and shouted noisily. I want to be your fan! Ending OST "Inner scream" was too nice! Very calm as if narrating the movie's atmosphere."

via @dada_onlyDO, chi-eng trans: doitlikethis123

tumblr_inline_nduv1jEwjm1r1cqg1.jpg

[141023] Movie review journalist Tae Sangjoon on Cart: "Felt a bit odd watching Cart on the top level of E-mart. But why did Do Kyungsoo do so well? Everybody seemed to be talking about him, including me."

tumblr_inline_nduu8qjhXn1r1cqg1.jpg

[141023] Noh Hwechan (former congressman): During the movie Cart I kept holding back tears. Yeom Jungah, Do Kyungsoo's acting were too brilliant. The real lead of the movie is E-Land's union. After 8 years the union members gathered again to watch a movie, the feelings were even more profound. Strongly recommended!"

via @你在大街上动没动过心, chi-eng trans: doitlikethis123

tumblr_inline_nduvmgLn5M1r1cqg1.jpg

credit:doitlikethis123

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:23 PM (Edited by weeweewee, 10 October 2014 - 06:47 PM.)

76cf6d7ftw1el60tgpu27j20p20ththm.jpg

Rough translation:

As more idols step into acting, we have found several experts to objectively evaluate them. The judging panel consists cultural critic Professor Jin Chung Hoon (Kyunggi University), television drama critic Professor In Suk Jin (Chungnam National University), television drama critic Kung Hee Jin, popular culture critic Jung Dae Seun, popular culture critic Chon Jin Yoo.

The following is the score card awarded by the judging panel - the subjects are idol actors who have attracted the most media attention for television dramas in September. Popular culture experts from all fields have evaluated their acting skills - have a look at the score of each individual - ( the 8 individuals are: Mun Jung-Hyuk, Do Kyung-soo, Park Hyung-sik, Jung Yong-hwa, Choi Soo-young, Yook Sungjae, Jung Yun-ho, Krystal)

Mun Jung-hyuk (Shinhwa's Eric) - 4.5 stars:

He has become an experienced actor with honed skills. He's no longer Shinhwa's Eric but actor Mun Jung-hyuk. Has excellently portrayed the image of a dedicated and capable man even in a relationship that had ended.

Do Kyung-soo (EXO's D.O.) - 3.5 stars:

Excellently portrayed the part reality, part illusion psychology of a hallucinated character. He is an actor who knows how to create an image unique to him and one with potential. Can expect that his growth will be the fastest.

Park Hyung-sik (ZE:A) - 3.5 stars:

Outstanding analysis of the character. Can perfectly digest his role. Variety and acting alike, he is slowly becoming natural.

Jung Yong-hwa (CN Blue) - 3.5 stars:

Although he is hardworking, there are times where it felt awkward. In comparison to his character in the drama, his image as a celebrity idol is becoming darker. The interaction with other idol actors is a little regretful.

Choi Soo Young (SNSD) - 3.5 stars:

Her delivery of lines and immersion are both great, especially in the drama where she is in step with her character, between the man who is about to get married and the man who is about to have a heart transplant, her portrayal of the subtle inner conflict was a little weak. Can see honest acting from her eyes.

Yook Sungjae (BTOB) - 3 stars:

Currently, he still seems to be playing (acting) by himself, but his speed of growth should be alright.

Jung Yun-ho (TVXQ) - 3 stars:

He can blend into the drama well, and is quite compatibile with his colleagues. But his analysis of his role and conveyance of his lines are slightly dropping.... he seems to be moving back and forth in the same level. Representative example of depleting his idol image.

Krystal (F(x)) - 2.5 stars:

Cannot see her character as she is trapped in the idol image. But her conveyance and expression of her lines are not bad.

cr: http://card.weibo.co...09003&extparam=

original article: http://star.mbn.co.k...97209&year=2014

I love him in IOIL, not see him in Cart yet... hopefully it beyond my expectation. His acting got recognition, still I want him keep trying his best. 

Guest camellia159

[TRANSLATION] D.O - 141022 TV Report: “‘Cart’s’ Moon Junghee says that “Do Kyungsoo is a jewel like existence…He will become a great actor”“

tsCA85z.jpg

"[TV Report=Reporter Kim Soojung] Actress Moon Junghee was full for praise for EXO’s Do Kyungsoo (D.O.).

On the 23rd in Seoul, Palpan-dong, Moon Junghee shared an honest story during the interview for ‘Cart’ (Director Bu Jiyong, Producer Myung Pilleum).

Transformed into a single mom and a part-time cashier, Moon Junghee spoke about Do Kyungsoo during that day’s interview. He plays in the role of Sunhwi’s (Yeom Jungah) teenage son, also working part time at a convenience store. She said that he was ‘very good and lovable’.

"[Do] Kyungsoo is very lovable. He receives a lot of love and care from all his sunbaes. He has a way to make us love him. That is his own blessing. Kyungsoo is a jewel-like existence within our movie. Even though this was his first time acting, I couldn’t believe how naturally he was. Ah, Kyungsoo didn’t know I was married and called me noona. (Haha)"

Moon Junghee praised him by saying, “Do Kyungsoo is going to become a very good actor. I hadn’t previously recognised him for his merits amongst EXO, but I have now in his visage as actor Do Kyungsoo.”

'Cart' is a story about contract supermarket employees who suffer through an unfair dismissal and decide to confront the issue afterwards. Yeom Jungah, Moon Junghee, Kim Youngae, Kim Kangwoo, Hwang Jungmin, Chan Woohee, Jiwoo and D.O. (EXO) joined Director Bu Jiyong's first feature film. It is schedules for a November 13th release.”

Credit: translation, dailyexo.tumblr.com, Source: TV Report.

----

class="titleNews"[interview] Yeom Jeong Ah says EXO′s D.O Broke the Stereotypes of Idol Actors

Actress Yeom Jeong Ah shared that it was EXO′s D.O that helped her break down the stereotypes against acting idols.

[interview] Yeom Jeong Ah says EXO′s D.O Broke the Stereotypes of Idol Actors

Yeom Jeong Ah recently participated in an interview with Newsen in Palpan-dong, where she praised EXO′s D.O, who made his movie debut.

"Seeing Kyung Soo (D.O), I had the thought that I would like my son to grow up with the same personality as Kyung Soo," said Yeom Jeong Ah. "I think that Kyung Soo is born with the fate of being loved."

She expressed her hope that her 7-year old son, who will be enrolling in elementary school in 2015, will be like D.O.

"I thought that Kyung Soo was a very serious young man. There′s not even an little bit of a light side to him. He behaves really well, not just in front of the public, but to his seniors and staff members. He doesn′t purposely overreact or pretend to be sincere. Because I′ve been acting for a really long time, I can instantly tell when someone′s lying. But Kyung Soo doesn′t. His personally is really proper and kind. That′s why I think he receives love. I hope that my son can grow up with an upright personality like Kyung Soo."

Nowadays, idol group members are beginning to knock on the doors to film from dramas. It would be a lie to say that prejudice or stereotypes on these idol actors don′t follow them, but Yeom Jeong Ah said the stereotype was broken for her due to D.O.

"The prejudice I had for idol actors was all broken by Kyung Soo. U-Kiss′ Dong Ho came out as my son in the drama Royal Family briefly, but because we didn′t have a lot of filming time, I didn′t really have many thoughts about it. But this time when I saw Kyung Soo working with the mind of a rookie actor, I thought he was very admirable."

"I didn′t know it before, but I′m feeling how great EXO′s popularity is," continued the actress. "When I was talking about Cart, it was impossible not to talk about Do Kyung Soo. His popularity was so great that stories related to Do Kyung Soo kept coming out. Despite being a kid of great popularity, he acted very plesantly with a good attitude on the set. I don′t know if he was taught to do that from the agency, or if he learned well from his parents, or if he was just born with it."

"When filming Cart, I′m Sun Hee, and Kyung Soo is my son, Tae Young. Of course when I go home, I have my real son, but on the set, it was that way. As I was filming, I realized that the heart of a mother and the heart of child towards a parent is the same in any family. Although I want my son to grow up like Kyung Soo, I didn′t act to see my son in Kyung Soo. It′s different at home and on the set (laughter)."

Having already watched Cart three times, Yeom Jeong Ah said, "I saw Cart for the first time at the outdoor theater during the Busan International Film Festiva Because it was an outdoor theater and Kyung Soo′s fans were screaming, it was a bit hard to focus. I cried the second and third times I watched it."

Meanwhile, Cart focuses on the current issue of temporary employees. The story is about a group of temporary employees working at a large supermarket, who are unfairly laid off, and the movement that follows.

Yeom Jeong Ah, Moon Jung Hee, Kim Young Ae, Kim Kang Woo, Hwang Jung Min, Chun Woo Hee, Lee Seung Jun, Ji Woo, and D.O appear in the movie.

The movie premieres November 13.

Photo Credit: Lee Jae Ha, Little Big Pictures

cre: Mwave

• 2 weeks later...
Guest camellia159

[NEWS] 141024 Yeom Jeongah : " Slapping Do Kyungsoo scene...I really didn't want to do it twice"

B0s3kmGCYAEnZwf.jpg
Source: http://m.mbn.co.kr/news/news_view.mbn?cidx=1012&year=2014&no=1348918
eng trans: @dyostined

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"[ENG SUB] 141022 Cart Premiere Press Con - Do Kyungsoo CUT

cre: kyeongsew

Guest camellia159

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"141028 [ENG SUB] SIA D.O. CUT- Interview abt Jo Insung

cre: kyeongsew

[TRANSLATION] D.O - 141030 Magazine M: “Do Kyungsoo: It doesn’t matter however you call me. Whichever way my name gets written in the ending credit, I am still me.” 

The sight of him that “growled” on stage as a popular idol member of EXO was no where to be found. Only actor, Do Kyungsoo (21), was seen smiling shyly while saying, “It was exciting to be able to accomplish acting, which has always been a dream of mine.” Seeing the movie only makes the expectations for rookie actor Do Kyungsoo rise higher.

B1GveMZCcAA_b2n.jpg

His first screen debut movie, ‘Cart’ (Released November 13, Director Boo Jiyoung), is a story about mart employees being fired overnight. It tells a story about their fight against the unfairness of the company, but on the other hand, also tells a story about an ordinary family and their side of the story. Do Kyungsoo’s character was the main character Sun Hee (Yeom Jungah)’s son, Tae Young. Despite the fact that he is a rebellious teenager that hates the fact that they are poor, he soon learns to understand his mother’s position and becomes a deep minded son. Tae Young’s role makes viewers feel pity as he goes through a harsh reality. He is also put in a different situation wherein he undergoes a similar case of unfair dismissal. He works part time at a convenience store when he gets scammed by an unfair boss. Do Kyungsoo said that “he was able to understand the viewpoints of his parents more.” “I’m quite young, and I started my early adult life as a member of an idol group, so it’s true that the words ‘unfair dismissal’ and ‘union workers’ were not relatable to me at first. As I started to film to movie, I understood more, and it made me think more of my parents who were working hard. Ah, I should be more filial to them (laughs). I feel like viewers who are similar to my age will feel the same way.”

After the movie ‘Cart’ made its first premiere in October in the Busan International Film Festival, there was a never ending praise for the movie itself and Do Kyungsoo’s acting skills. The reactions were very similar in media press conferences too. It was a much expected result. He melted into his character with no burden and successfully portrayed his character. Do Kyungsoo said “I am very glad to hear so many unexpected praises” and also added “but am still full of regrets”. “I am still very regretful of the scene where I become very rebellious and yell at my mother. For me it was very awkward, as I have never been that angry to anyone in my entire life. If there is an opportunity for me to act a yelling scene again I feel that I will do much better next time.” His next comment was an honest and cute comment, as expected from a rookie actor, “I was so surprised while watching the movie. I had no idea I would be given so much screen time!”

B1Gvd-hCYAAsH68.jpg

To the public, his acting was first revealed in the SBS drama ‘It’s Okay, It’s Love’ that aired in September, but ‘Cart’ was actually filmed first. Partaking in this film was Do Kyungsoo’s first acting attempt, with no previous special lessons on acting at all. Then was his stable acting achieved by a born talent for portraying emotion naturally? Do Kyungsoo waved his hands in denial and smiled. “I never had much tears as a child. Maybe it was because my personality is not the kind to express any hardships I feel but to suppress it deeply and hold it inside of me. That’s why it’s really hard to act crying scenes. It’s to the point that upon seeing my crying scenes the EXO members actually make fun me. I feel as if my emotional understanding has broadened thanks to acting.” He firmly denied it, but it seems true that he is very talented in understanding and becoming one with his characters in order to portray them properly. If that isn’t true, then it would be impossible to leave such a deep impression as both Han Kangwoo, who was Jae Yeol (Jo Insung)’s imagination in ‘It’s Okay, It’s Love’, and the rebellious but deep minded Tae Young in ‘Cart’ in the viewers’ mind.

Now, with both projects having wrapped filming, Do Kyungsoo is only filled with more interest and excitement for acting. “It was such a shame when the filming ended. I really wished that it had not ended yet. As a singer, the job of having to sing on stage and show everything in 4 minutes is very charismatic, but acting was very fun too. Please let me work in anything. Whatever it is, I will work very hard (laughs).” The EXO members are cheering on Do Kyungsoo too. “When I was a trainee; I practiced and worked hard, joined the team in no time and busily prepared for our debut, but there are members who went through a much longer trainee period. There are members who received acting lessons regularly too. Since I started acting first, it would make sense for them to feel disappointed but they all sincerely cheered me on. I’m always thankful for them and feel strengthened by their encouragement.” For all those who are cheering Do Kyungsoo on, he plans to give his best in the future for his acting. “I want to become a great actor even in my sixties.” But do we now call him D.O or Do Kyungsoo? “It doesn’t matter however you call me. Whichever way my name gets written in the ending credit, I am still me (laughs).”

Credit: translation, dailyexo.tumblr.com, Source: Magazine M via 됴팬닷컴 and Melodious.

‘Cart’ producer Bu Jiyoung talks about working with Kyungsoo!

▶ Truthfully, there were a lot of big concerns that [the cast] was all proven actors, except Do Kyungsoo from EXO.

Myung Films has great experience with casting idols, and little bias. They are a film company who really knows how to work with idols. Of course, Do Kyungsoo’s self as an actor was good too. I liked his image and gaze. During his first leading, he had a calm unlike novices. When he was given directions, I saw his potential with how quickly and immediately he expressed them. Myung Films’ discernment, the ability of the actors themselves, and the casting director’s choice meshed together triply.

▶ What were your first impressions of Do Kyungsoo?

I first saw him through pictures, and they were all bright. I thought he was the type to fool around and be childish, but upon meeting him he had less talk than I expected. My first impression of him wasn’t what I thought it would be, and it was a good one. He had atmosphere and a good look in his eyes, and potential during the leading. I feel ‘Unexpected You’ is just the right way to express it.

▶ Did you give him separate guidance?

I had private meetings with the other actors two, three times, but I met with D.O. around ten times. We watched the film together, talked about the characters too, and met with his partner Jiwoo for indispensable practice. I told him we should practice extremely hard like this so he doesn’t get nervous at the filmsite. It wouldn’t do to have to reshoot after.

▶ Perhaps because of this special training, Do Kyungsoo is getting considerable amounts of great praise now.

I advised Kyungsoo many times to focus. Losing focus for even a second shows. Actors can have a character that allows them to gain experience with every take, but still since this was a first time, one can forget to look back.

© enews24

English translation: kyungsoo.info

Guest camellia159

141030 Kyungsoo - Yeom Jeongah for Cine21 Magazine

B1PY84bCIAE-mG3.jpg

B1PXXiXCcAATexc.jpg

B1PXXCSCEAA2L7b.jpg

Kyungsoo’s interview with Cine21!

The first thought upon seeing Do Kyungsoo enter the studio: what a capable youth. The clean, unblemished skin and open eyes elicit a curious trust. Not just that: tranquil and without chatter, the way he keeps his place throughout the shoot is somehow solid and sincere.  Still, bright smiles do not lose to his courteousness. He has some kind of ability to spark a warmth in the atmosphere of his surroundings. This is the Do Kyungsoo who, in his first movie “Cart”, transformed into a son who faces his mother with a face brimming with discontent; an unaccommodating older brother with few kind words for his young sister. How mannered Do Kyungsoo came to portray someone so wandering and hostile was something worth knowing.

The high schooler Taeyoung, who Do Kyungsoo plays in “Cart”, is constantly stiff and sharp - with reason. He is full of grievances that his mother (Yeom Jungah) is so busy with work at the mart that she sometimes forgets to pay for food, that he can’t use his outdated phone with confidence around his friends, that he has to worry that they are too poor to afford school trips. Not only that, he can’t properly let off steam. Feeling constricted and at a loss for what to do, his aggravation only stacks up. Taeyoung isn’t a totally unfamiliar figure to Do Kyungsoo. In some aspects, Taeyoung and I are really similar. From childhood, I hadn’t gone against my parents, and I never broadcasted my fights with friends. Even if I felt wounded deep down, I would rather just forget about it.” So when unassuming and quiet Taeyoung finally erupted, Do Kyungsoo was pressured. “Even now when I think of Taeyoung yelling at his mom, I feel regretful. It was the first time in my life I had shouted like that. Because of that, it was really hard.

But those weren’t the only difficult circumstances. “When I first received the scenario, I knew nothing. It was the first time I had ever received a scenario, and I didn’t know how to start with interpreting the character. The first meeting with the director, I was nervous to the point my hands were shaking and I can’t remember how I did.” That director was Bu Jiyoung, who sturdily laid a path for Kyungsoo, just setting foot in the acting world. “Before we could get the best out of Kyungsoo, we had to meet at least ten times,” she said, beginning the questions on how he arrived at this point. Kyungsoo muses that he could capture Taeyoung’s character because he understood his pains. “Like Taeyoung, I worked part time while I was in high school because my family wasn’t doing so well. It was a job serving at a meat restaurant, and the money I earned I gave to my parents.” He would watch movies the director recommended, and afterwards they would discuss them together. This spurred him even further. “Like in 12 Years a Slave, when the protagonist is being tortured, how the White House can be seen beyond the window. Scenes that I wouldn’t have fully registered had I watched them alone - after talking with the director it’s like I was seeing them for the first time. It’s amazing.” Passing time with these sessions had effects that were absorbed by “Cart”, little by little.

Do Kyungsoo, who had “always liked the thought of acting from a young age”, finally fulfilled a dream last year. With the unique colors he shows with “Cart” and the drama “It’s Okay, It’s Love”, it is as an actor, and not EXO’s D.O., that Do Kyungsoo makes his name known. Another point he finds enjoyable about acting is that “as a singer, you have to show as many charms as you can in four minutes. I think that’s one regretful point that acting can make up for.” Nowadays, he seeks out movies on his own. His most recent watch was “10 Minutes” (directed by Lee Yongseung). “After watching movies now, I get a bunch of emotions. Like ‘Cart’, this movie was about a temporary worker too. I’d really like to be a lead character someday.” Drawn by darker realities, it begs the question of what face will he put on next. What kind of piece, what kind of role, doesn’t seem to matter to Do Kyungsoo. If acting is, as he says, “really very, very fun”, then unconditionally he can find a new world in acting.

©Cine21 Magazine

English translatioN: kyungsoo.info

Guest camellia159

Compliments for Kyungsoo

B1h-PjRCEAAQHrJ.png
B1lBr9ACYAEfJVB.jpg
B1h_4JyCYAEm_T7.png
B1sBMD7CEAAqW5t.png
B11Kwa8CEAASSSV.png

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"오늘 우리는 해고되었습니다! [카트] CGV 스타 라이브톡 현장 영상- Cart CGV Star Live Talk

cre: sally kim

• 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" Winners of the APAN Star Awards: Jo In Sung, D.O, Park Shin Hye, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Hee Ae and More! Winners of the APAN Star Awards: Jo In Sung, D.O, Park Shin Hye, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Hee Ae and More!

The APAN Star Awards of the 2014 Daejeon Drama Festival took place today, celebrating the brightest stars in the industry. The APAN Star Awards evaluated 87 dramas from cable and main networks that aired between November 1, 2013 and September 2014. It is in its third year.

Jo In Sung won the top award- Daesang- for his role in “It’s Okay, That’s Love.”

See here for his acceptance speech: Jo In Sung Thanks Gong Hyo Jin After Winning Daesang at APAN Star Awards

“It’s Okay, That’s Love” team took  home two other awards. EXO‘s D.O also won for Best New Actor and Lee Kwang Soo won the Popularity award.

My Love from the Stars” took home five awards. Director Jang Tae Yoo took home the Best Director award, Kim Hyun Soo took home the Best Child Actress award, Kim Soo Hyun took home the Top Excellence Award for Acting in a Medium Length Drama (Male) award, and Jun Ji Hyun, along with Kim Soo Hyun took home the Hallyu Star award.

Writer Jung Sung Joo took home the Best Writer award for “Secret Affair,” Kim Hee Ae, lead actress of “Secret Affair,” took home the Top Excellence Award for Acting in a Medium Length Drama (Female), and Kim Hye Eun of the same drama took home the award for Best Supporting Actress.

Drama “Wonderful Days” raked in three awards with Ryu Seung Soo (Best Supporting Actor), Kim Hee Sun (Top Excellence Award for Acting in a Long Drama (Female), and Choi Kwon Soo (Best Child Actor).

Jang Bori Is Here‘s” Kim Ji Hoon took home the Excellence Award for Acting in a Long Drama (Male) and Kim Ji Young took home the Best Child Actress award.

Jung Woo and Son Ho Joon from “Reply 1994” took home the Excellence Award for Acting in a Medium Length Drama (Male) and Best New Actor award, respectively.

The late Choi Jin Shil won the Lifetime Achievement and her daughter was there to receive the award.

Jo Jae Hyun won the Top Excellence Award for Acting in a Long Drama (Male) for his role in “Jeong Do Jeon.”

Kim Ok Bin won the Excellence Award for Acting in a Long Drama (Female) for her role in “‘Yoo Na’s Street.

Park Shin Hye won Excellence Award for Acting in a Medium Length Drama (Female) for her role in “The Heirs.”

Kim Seul Gi of “Discovery of Love” and “Surplus Princess” won Best New Actress award, as well Nam Bora for her role in “I’m Only Going to Love” and “Give Away Love.”

Jin Se Yeon won the Popularity Award for “Doctor Stranger.”

Yoon Chan Young was among the child actors winning the Best Child Actor award this year.

There was a new award this year, celebrating web dramas. The Best SNS Drama award went to Park Hee Bon for “Hungry Woman.

Singer Ailee won the BEST OST award.

Actor Ji Hyun Woo and actress Kim Yoo Ri won the Fashionista award.

Congratulations to all the winners!

cr to: Soompi

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle"[FULL TRANSLATION] Kyungsoo’s interview with ELLE Magazine

tumblr_inline_nfdd1aOZPo1sdq7ou.jpg

Do Kyungsoo expressed his disbelief often. To be able to work with renowned writers and directors and great seniors of the industry, to be called a ‘morning star of the Korean film industry’ - all were ‘unbelievable’ circumstances. In luck and skill, he is a youth with potential hard to see the end of. Even as a member of EXO, which has popularity to pierce the sky! Forgoing his stage name of D.O., he started acting under his given name of Do Kyungsoo, and met his first audience in the drama ‘It’s Okay, It’s Love’ as a fragment of the lead, Jang Jaeyeol (Jo Insung).

Though these are times when acting idols are no longer out of the ordinary, he has skill outstanding enough to draw and hold the eyes of those uninterested in idols at all. Though on one entertainment program, one MC praises him by asking ‘did SM change its acting teacher?’, the truth is that he is a member who never received formal lessons from the company. In ‘Cart,’ the student worker Taeyoung inspires even more empathy for a movie that deals with the struggles of temporary workers.

Squeezing through the packed schedule of popular idols, finally he faced us neatly, with a pure gaze, speaking in a calm and low voice. Even the scene of getting hit by the store owner roughly enough to draw concerned cries from fans was, he says with a smile, “interesting to film, to be a part of it all.” Watching the way he talks of these new experiences and knowledge like some a storybook protagonist, one sees the reason why these renowned writers and directors chose Do Kyungsoo as their drawing paper.

1) Is there a VIP premiere for “Cart” tonight? Have you seen the finished version of the movie?

I did, at the outdoor theater of the Busan film festival in October. It was my first time so I didn’t know, but it was really gratifying to watch this kind of film with the audience. It was something not everyone is allowed to experience, even if they wish for it.

2) What points of the movie really drew you in?

Truthfully, I only saw my seniors. During filming, because I mostly stayed by Yeom Jungah senior, who had the role of my mother, I couldn’t watch anyone else act. Everyone gave it their all and made the film great with their amazing acting. In contrast, I found my own regretful and lacking.

3) You say Cart was the first time you auditioned for acting.

Though I never told anyone and kept quiet about it, I had big dreams about acting since I was little. That’s why when this sudden opportunity found me, I was startled but also very happy. When I met with the director for reading, I was so nervous, I don’t even remember how I did. Enough to have my hands shaking.

4) Did you receive special training from director Bu Jiyoung?

They weren’t separate acting lessons, but I shared a lot of talks with her. Though everything was a first, making the motions was especially hard. From lifting the pot’s lid to opening the refrigerator, she taught me detail by detail. The first shooting was for a scene where I’m looking up at my friend Sookyung at school. Even though there’s no dialogue, we shot it about 16 times. The director had a very clear vision.

5) Did Taeyoung, who is an adolescent growing up in a hard world, feel too different from you?

Even though I’m a part of EXO now, I don’t think I was too different from Taeyoung when I was just an ordinary student. I worked part time to make money, and although I don’t have a younger sister like Taeyoung, I grew up with an older brother. It’s just that I wasn’t a rebellious student like in the movie. The hardest scene was getting angry at my mother and fleeing. I had never yelled that loudly or angrily in my life.

6) You must have been a good son.

Although I may have liked fooling around, I didn’t make trouble. I wasn’t the kind of son to stress my parents like that.

7) You were cast in the drama ‘It’s Okay, It’s Love’ after the movie’s filming.

I was less nervous for this second audition than the first. Initially Kangwoo was a really timid and weak character, but after meeting me, the writer changed him to someone more playful. She said it would fit me more. I only found out that Kangwoo was a character imagined by Jaeyeol after my casting was confirmed. And even though I knew, the reveal of Kangwoo’s identity at the ending of episode four still gave me goosebumps when I read the script.

8) To act as an imaginary character can’t have been easy.

Writer Noh Heekyung helped me a lot. One night, we took a walk in a park near the studio and had a long conversation. She gave me great amounts of insight into life, and it all helped me understand Kangwoo better. 

9) At what moment did you most immerse yourself in the character of Kangwoo?

In the last episode, the scene where Jaeyeol washes Kangwoo’s feet and sends him off. I don’t cry very easily, but as we filmed that scene the tears just fell. It was amazing. It felt like I really was Kangwoo, and that before, I had acted without really understanding. Now I feel regretful for him, like with Taeyoung.

10) Your impressions on working with actor Jo Insung?

I can only be thankful that he received my clumsy acting so well. I learned a lot at his side. Not just acting, but also human qualities - how to treat people well.

11) You seem like a fast learner, and mature for your age.

I did hear often that I don’t seem to be one of the youngest. Mostly, I think this growth is from work in society. I’ve learned a lot just from living and enduring with the members. And I’ve had the great fortune of meeting good people here - writers, directors, and managers.

12) Do you have moments of instinct over reason? When you let what’s inside all out.

Try coming to one of EXO’s concerts (laughter). The fans’ spirit you feel onstage, that energy makes something in my chest explode. My stress disappears.

13) What do you during downtime?

Watching movies was a hobby before I even got into acting. I used to like only action and hero movies, but lately I’m searching through a variety of genres. I’ve become more attentive to camera angles and the actor’s expressions and voices.

14) You are a main vocal and a rising rookie actor. Are there any other abilities you would like to have?

Dancing skill? I enjoyed and pursued singing since I was little, but I only started learning to dance after entering the company. I can follow EXO’s choreography reasonably, but I can’t really, truly dance like Chris Brown or our team member Kai. Even if I’m short, I want to be able to dance well enough to command the stage.

15) For both D.O and Do Kyungsoo, what is your driving force in the entertainment industry?

I feel it is ‘something I have to do.’ I don’t know how it would be if I didn’t sing or act. But I feel something apparent, though I can’t express it in words, for what I do now. That’s why I don’t stress easily. I forget difficult times quickly. I want to keep going forward with the members who are by me, having fun and caring for each other.

16) The most meaningful part of the year to you?

That I could start acting. At the after party of “It’s Okay, It’s Love”, for the first time I choked on tears while exchanging goodbyes with writer Noh Heekyung. We are the two people in this world who know Kangwoo best, after all. I didn’t realize but I started crying while bidding her farewell. I want to keep experiencing and feeling new things, whatever they might be.

Cr: FY! Do Kyungsoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Cart movie actors Yum Jung-Ah, Moon Jeong-Hee, Kim Young-Ae, D.O., Hwang Jung-Min and Chun Woo-Hee left support messages for people in their generation.B3cHiCuCMAAikUT.jpg
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=416&aid=0000122156

• 1 month later...

class="content-title" EXO’s D.O Nominated for Best Newcomer Award at the 9th Annual ‘Asian Film Awards’ deedeegii February 25, 2015

EXO’s D.O Nominated for Best Newcomer Award at the 9th Annual ‘Asian Film Awards’

It has been revealed that EXO member D.O (Do Kyung Soo) is in the running for the Best Newcomer award for this year’s ‘9th Annual Asian Film Awards.’

On February 25, the official website for the awards ceremony unveiled the full list of nominees for each one of the various categories.

D.O has been included in the list of nominations for the category of Best Newcomer for his role in his first-ever big screen debut production, “Cart.” He will be competing for the title against China’s Zhang Hui Wen (“Coming Home”), Hong Kong’s Ivana Wong (“Golden Chickensss”), Japan’s Tosaka Hiroomi (“Hot Road”), and Taiwan’s Zhan Huai Yun (“Meeting Dr. Sun”).

In the film “Cart,” D.O took on the role of a rebellious teenager named Tae Young and earned a positive response for his acting abilities.

Meanwhile, the ‘Asian Film Awards’ will be opening up in Macau on March 25.

Cr to: Soompi

• 4 weeks later...

[AFA Red Carpet] EXO D.O.'The Art of Seduction Award Tuxedo'
2015-03-25 20:36:41

VqNTR4v.jpg

EXO member D.O. as an actor attended movie awards ceremony.

D.O. on 25th March at 8:00 PM (local time), walked through red carpet of the 9th Asian Film Awards (AFA) held in Macau Venetian Theatre.

D.O. attended this award ceremony with exposing his good and cool forehead and clean beam neat hairstyle, stunning his positive analysis of the festival fashion with black tuxedo.

D.O. was nominated for film festival, as rookie of the year candidate from his movie 'Cart' and came to Macau for the ceremony through the Incheon International Airport this morning.

http://www.tvreport....view&idx=679374

Archived