Do Kyung Soo [도경수] - Starring in " It's Okay It's Love" and "Cart"

ainissky

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest camellia159

Kyungsoo at AFA:

class="yt watch-title-container"[ENG SUB] 150326 D.O - PPTV 明星八卦 Asia Film Awards Interview + Red Carpet

cre: feli1992

Interview:

CA_eybTVEAADl5n.png
Cre: @doitlikethis123

CA_tnOCU8AAs9sF.jpg

CA_toGKUUAA0RYp.jpg

CA_tpANVIAA41zv.png

cre: @polarlatte

With Director Im Kwon Taek

p19hcmhqcep7pj3m1uc31fqm1e7p1.jpg

cre: SMTOWN

This photo is so beautiful... With actress Bae Do na

aaede06dgw1eqkl66sjfhj21kw11x79r.jpg

cre: 毒药铺主

Guest camellia159

Movie "Cart" DVD - Director and cast Interview abt Kyungsoo

CBKlRusU8AAV3_a.jpg
Ugh, he needs to make a comeback in drama/movie land. I miss him as an actor.

@camellia159 yeah... I miss him too as actor. but this time I know that he has to focus on singing... still I hope there is casting news about him... But EXO next door is Kyungsoo next drama to be seen... can't wait to enjoy it.

EXO′s D.O is Currently Considering New Drama ′Hello Monster′ 2015.04.01 17:15   Will EXO′s D.O appear in Hello Monster? SM Entertainment told Newsen on April 1, "EXO′s D.O is currently positively considering appearing in KBS new drama, Hello Drama."   Hello Monster is about a dangerous man and a woman who stalks him. Hiding their feelings, the two solve crimes while fighting with each other and eventually falling in love. Hello Monster, which will be written by All About My Romance′s Kwon Ji Young writer and god of the Workplace′s Noh Sang Hoon PD, will broadcast in June after Who Are You. Jang Nara, Lee Chun Hee, and Cheon Won Young are being considered for the cast. Photo Credit: Newsen   http://mwave.interes...a-hello-monster

Guest camellia159

[NEWS] D.O - 150402 TV Report article: “EXO D.O, considering returning to the big screen with movie ‘Genuine’”

"Group EXO’s member D.O (Do Kyungsoo), who successfully debuted on the big screens as an actor with ‘Cart’ last year, is to solidify his position as an actor with movie ‘Genuine’.

Recently, a movie representitive told TV Report that “D.O is once again challenging himself as an actor following up from last year”. His second movie will be a retro melo movie ‘Genuine’.

One representative revealed that D.O, who rose as the new generation of idol-actor in “SBS drama ‘It’s Okay, It’s Love’ and movie ‘Cart’, is contemplating movie ‘Genuine’ after looking over the many different scenario he’s been offered” and “the film ‘Genuine’ requires a highly detailed regional Korean country accent, so if he acts his character well, he will be able to recieve much more praises as an acting idol”.

kcx3qrd.jpg

'Genuine' is a retro melo film based in Junnam about a sincere boy who likes a girl with a scar. This film will be the commercial debut of director Lee Eunhee of Korea Arts School.

Jupiter Films who also produced ‘The Face Reader’(13, Han Jaerim director) and ‘Shoot My Heart’(15, Moon Jaeyong director) is expected to begin production on ‘Genuine’ in June after finalising the cast, production is expected to begin in June.”

Credit: translation, dailyexo.tumblr.com, Source: TV Report.

YES! ActorSoo is coming back!  This role will be very emotional, I hope he can deliver if he accepts (which is like 90%).

Every chance is appreciated. Please do well.

Guest camellia159

ainissky said: I hope kyungsoo comeback with decent story, and sure he will choose one. I miss him already in drama land and movie land haha...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest camellia159

Im Joo-hwan teaches Do Kyeong-soo from EXO how to dance?

photo584005.jpg

"I'm very extreme when it comes to personality. I'm too serious sometimes and too hyper when I'm hyper. Sometimes I joke too much as well".

Im Joo-hwan was quite unexpected. He plays Wang Wook who struggles to win the heart of Sin Yool (Oh Yeon-seo) and the Goryeo in the MBC drama "Shine or Go Crazy". He's pretty serious in the drama but outside of the camera, he is such a happy person.

"Some say there's something missing about my role, but I personally think the story of Wang Wook is plain and neat. I think Wang Wook is better putting everything down and leaving rather than heart-aching over Sin Yool".

Wang Wook is quite devoted to Sin Yool almost as much as Wang So (Jang Hyeok). We asked him if he is unsatisfied about not fulfilling love and he spilled out his concerns.

"Wang Wook was definitely more pure hearted than Wang So. Wang So was married twice. I worried Wang So might seem provocative to the viewers; why he hates his father Wang Gun, why he's against royal marriage and how he came to fall in love with Sin Yool. Thankfully, my concerns were no longer necessary towards the end of the drama".

Im Joo-hwan mentioned his greed for stronger characters at the production presentation previously. Did Wang Wook satisfy him?

"It's not enough. I played a bad guy in "The Con Artists" but it was 15 years and above rated so I couldn't express character as much as I wanted to. When I meet director Kim Hong-seon, I always tell him to make another adult rated movie. I am even willing to be a passerby in that movie. Every actor has a wish to be a manly and macho character at one point. Being cruel is not macho but there's something you can feel through it. I have always wanted to play a strong character like the leading character in "Birdman" or The Joker in "Batman".

Actors Jo In-Seong, Song Joong-ki, Lee Gwang-soo and Kim Gi-bang are some of his close friends who help him a lot in his acting career. EXO's Do Kyeong-soo recently joined this gang.

"Kyeong-soo and I became close. I'll call him Do Kyeong-soo. I wondered how he might be because he's an idol but he's is very desirable. Jo In-Seong doesn't evaluate younger actors often but he said, Do Kyeong-soo was alright. We have a youngest member in our group".

The gang sounds fancy with names like Song Joong-ki who is almost done with National Duty.

"When we get together we talk about acting most of the time. It's quite a serious gathering. We monitor each other and even read our scripts together. We sometimes memorize each others' scripts and advise one another. Do Kyeong-soo recently showed us some moves to his new song and we pointed out some improvements in the routine. Song Joong-ki might need some time adapting to the environment once he gets out but he always has us to monitor him".

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20150414n04176?mid=e0101 via HanCinema

Guest camellia159

“Hello Monster” Roles Revealed Including Special Appearance by EXO’s D.O

JiwonYu April 18, 2015 0   seo-in-guk-jang-nara-lee-chun-hee-choi-w  

On April 18, a representative in KBS‘s drama department told Daily Sports, “Seo In Guk, Jang Nara, Lee Chun Hee, Choi Won Young, Do Kyungsoo (D.O) and Park Bo Gum will appear on KBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Hello Monster.’ We will have the first script reading next week.”

Seo In Guk will be playing the role of a criminal profiler who majored in criminal psychology. His character works as a crime investigation consultant in New York before flying back to Korea to join the Special Crime Investigation team. He is skilled in analyzing crime scenes and profiling a person with just a single look. He’s a very charming yet lonely and dangerous person, and does not care what others think of him.

Jang Nara’s character is in charge of the Central Police Force’s Special Investigation team. Her fancy appearance does not quite match the career she has chosen, which adds to the mysterious fact that she joined the force with a specific goal in mind — having something to do with a confidential document.

Lee Chun Hee plays the leader of the Special Crimes team. He gets appointed as the leader after working as a resident officer overseas. He was a model student who grew up in a good environment with a good education and tends to have high self-esteem.

Actor Choi Won Young will be acting as a scientist of a company overseas, who specializes in managing various chemicals and machinery in all of forensics teams’ laboratories in Korea. He is in a position where he is able to see all ongoing crime investigations and has access to exclusive evidences thanks to his connections to the police. He is very unique because he doesn’t seem to have any family or friends.

D.O is not one of the permanent cast members; he will only make special appearances during the first and second episode of the drama. He will play someone who is lost in the main character’s memories. D.O will lead the drama till the second episode before Seo In Guk takes over.

“Hello Monster” is a romantic thriller about a mystery solving duo who bicker and fight but end up developing feelings for each other.

Source (1)

Credit: Soompi

Guest camellia159

Kyungsoo's character in Hello Monster aka Remember you is "준영/Junyeong"
http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20150424/70893999/2

cre: @OneKyungsoo

-------------------

Kyungsoo is nominated as Best New Actor - TV Department at 51th Baeksang Art Awards

CDU3dhDUEAAskD7.jpg:large

The other nominees: Kim Daemyung, Park Hyungsik, Lee Joon, Im Siwan.

-----------------------
class="entry-title"D.O. of EXO and Irene of Red Velvet Reportedly Auditioning for Answer Me 1988 Posted on April 24, 2015 by ockoala

wqw.jpg

This possible idol casting news isn’t all that surprising considering the drama in question comes from tvN‘s popular Answer Me series. SM Entertainment is reportedly auditioning D.O. from EXO (Do Kyung Soo) and Irene from Red Velvet for supporting roles in the main cast ensemble of upcoming Answer Me 1988. So far the drama appears to be having problems with casting after the first potential signing of Hyeri of Girl’s Day got massive (and justified) blowback from fans. Since then it’s stalled on officially announcing any of the possible young castings.

Right now the drama has only signed on the parent roles with the return of Song Dong Il, Lee Il Hwa, and Kim Sung Kyun, but parents alone do not a drama make. Answer Me has cast idols in both 1997 and 1994 so it’s not shocking or a step in the wrong direction to consider idols for this third installment. The kicker is to find idols who can act, like Jung Eun Ji from Apink, Hoya from Infinite, Baro from B1A4, and Dohee from Tiny-G. All of those idols impressed me enough from their AM turns that I welcome their transition into acting. Let’s hope the final cast of AM1988 chooses idols as wisely.

wqw1.jpg

I’m excited if D.O. does end up joining the cast of AM1988 but am totally clueless who this Irene is therefore have no opinion good or bad if she’s cast since I don’t know if she can act or not. The only thing I take away from this rumored casting push is that SM really wants to get its young idols into the AM series. AM1988 actually seems like a great next step for D.O., aside from his guest starring turn in the upcoming KBS drama I Remember You (formerly Hello Monster). I see a natural affinity and talent for acting based on his debut turn in It’s Okay, It’s Love, and someone who takes to acting in such an impactful way should keep churning out projects to hone his skills. Hopefully the production will announce the final cast soon rather than dragging the process out.

Source: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/04/24/d-o-of-exo-and-irene-of-red-velvet-reportedly-auditioning-for-answer-me-1988/

yeah... many news about him in drama and movie land... not much idol that get much attention as him and nomination too...

Comparing him as supporting actor with Siwan or Leejoon as lead is odd to me, but it prove that Kyungsoo is in another level even as supporting role...

Fighting Kyungsoo...

@camellia159 is it just the two of us in this thread? Haha

Guest camellia159

ainissky said: yeah... many news about him in drama and movie land... not much idol that get much attention as him and nomination too...

Comparing him as supporting actor with Siwan or Leejoon as lead is odd to me, but it prove that Kyungsoo is in another level even as supporting role...

Fighting Kyungsoo...

@camellia159 is it just the two of us in this thread? Haha

@camellia159 yeah this thread is so peaceful.

IRY is his next project, I can wait for it. Still I hope there is confirmation news about his movie and reply88. I want to see him more as actor... suit him.

For Baeksang... I heard that he's leading the vote for popularity in TV section. even I hope he win by judge not voting. Being nominated is good enough but I be greedy for him... his natural and deep act sweep me in second... the feel I felt back then by watched his is incredibly unspeakable. I saw many new actor these day, they are adorable and had great act too... but kyungsoo feel different. he can give more than emotion...

Like you said calm and quiet... his aura give him the best positive aspect as actor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest camellia159

INFO | ‘I Remember You’: Additional information on Kyungsoo’s character

KBS2’s new Mon-Tues drama ‘I Remember You’ will feature Lee Hyun (Seo Inguk), a genius criminal profiler who is more charming for being dangerous, and Cha Jian (Jang Nara), the passionate elite investigator observing him. 

Do Kyungsoo has been confirmed for the role of Lee Joonyoung, a dangerous man that Hyun’s father, Joongmin, was profiling. After following Joongmin to his prefecture, Joonyoung shared a conversation with Hyun by chance and realized his genius at once. He is a mysterious figure who has hugely influenced Hyun’s life since. By acting as part of a divided self invisible to others’ eyes in last year’s
It’s Okay, It’s Love
, D.O. of idol group EXO definitely established a place as actor Do Kyungsoo. With this role, Do Kyungsoo is expected to show another side of himself as an actor, with a face where good and evil coexist, and who evokes strong tension from the outset. 

The first episode is planned to broadcast on June 22nd. 

©

Eng trans: http://fydokyungsoo.tumblr.com/post/119017138544/info-i-remember-you-additional-information-on

Archived