[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haewon225

Subs are up on Viki.
Seriously, why are there so many stupid/evil relatives?  I changed my mind about Ji Eun's mom this episode, the sister-in-law is a piece of work, and Tae Joo's mom is crazy (let's not get started with the preview...).  The only family members who are decent people (besides the main characters), are the two brothers, and they're absolutely useless.  Seriously, the worst thing about subbing is not being able to skip the crazy parts.  So frustrating!

I do not think that JE filed the papers. Didn't she still have the papers at the end?  Maybe she will say she did but I don't think she did. (edit: as per @haewon225 below it appears she did file) 
Poor GR, more suffering for him awaits. At least he is bonding with TJ and his little sister.  I don't understand the Chinese deal that is supposed to get the CEO and JS in trouble. We will see how that pans out.
Edit  SH is asking JS to marry her at the end.  I so wanted that to happen but she is so pathetic at this point, and so frightened and unhappy.  And MIL in the coming attractions, is going to spill the beans to GR and poor SH is going crazy;  Looks like tomorrow's episode will be very difficult. :((

Guest chul min--Always2011

Spoiler!

(Highlight to see text)When I saw the preview of ep 22, I was so mad that Moon Tae Joo's mother was trying to "take" Geu Roo!! I mean Tae Joo's mother was the one who told Seung Hee to leave Tae Joo no matter what. So why the hell is Tae Joo's mother trying to take Geu Roo if she wants to have no connection with Seung Hee? Does Tae Joo's mother have to go this far to taking Geu Roo just because he is the son? It's not like he will inherit anything from Tae Joo's mother since she is not financially well compared to Seung Hee who made it as a famous folk art 

P.S. How do you make that little section to hide spoilers then a button to show spoilers? :)

Guest haewon225

BIG NEWS!!! (SPOILER - EP. 22 PREVIEW)22회
엄마 아픈거지? 그치?

뇌기능 장애로 예민해진 승희는 히스테릭한 반응을 보이고, 그런 엄마의 모습에 그 루는 점점 불안해진다. 한편, 김이사와 래연의 계략으로 위기에 몰린 구사장은 지섭 에게 도움을 청하고, 승희는 시한부임을 알고 찾아온 남순으로 인해 그루가 자신의 죽음을 알게 될까 무섭다...결국, 승희는 그루를 지키기 위해 마지막 임상실험에 임 하는데.......

"Eventually, Seung Hee tries one more clinical trial in order to protect Geu Roo..."
Everyone, there is HOPE!

The ep 22 preview

suggests that the dramatic focus in ep 22 is going to be the increasing struggle to keep GR in the dark.  The title has him asking "You're sick, Mom, aren't you?  Aren't you?!" using a particle that forms an insistent rhetorical question to which the speaker is pretty sure the answer ought to be "yes".

It also hints at how the writer plans to force show a link between the actually interesting parts of the plot and the antics of the cardboard baddies plotting to seize control of the company by a boardroom coup (a Registered Trade Mark of Kdrama Tired Tropes Inc. All Rights Reserved) by telling us that JS's father turns to his son for help to ward off the crisis the villains have caused. The implication being that this may offer JS a chance to do a deal with daddy over who he's allowed to marry.

No mention in the text preview about that confrontation in the café where the femme catastrophale is yelling at JE and reporting her to the manager, but maybe JE was eavesdropping as she waitressed and caught her saying something nasty about SH?

No clue either about what's going on with those guys carrying out the boxes from SH's place. Though my informant at the above-mentioned Tired Tropes Inc. suggests to me that the Cardboard Villains may have accused SH of some sort of design or trade secrets theft theft, and those are investigators impounding her work as potential evidence.

There's the usual semi-overlap between text and video previews when we're told that GR is becoming more and more peturbed by the sight of his mother's hysterical behavior caused by her mental deterioration (in the video, we see SH going out somewhere and telling GR that if he needs anything he should just call her PA -- the one she employed in Canada -- with GR asking in bewlderment why that former employee would come all the way here. Then the text preview also provides an underlay for the video snippet involving Granny when it says that now TJ's mother has learned of her terminal ilness, SH she is petrified that GR will also find out she's about to die. The suggestion is that it's that prospect which causes SH to reverse the decision she announced at the start of ep 21, to abandon the chemotherapy and let nature take its couse, and instead "embark on one last course of experimental treatment".

First I want SH to stop driving and to realize her situation. I do hope she marries JS because they both will understand the reason why and he has been the only person she has had that she can lean on and know that he will be there for her. Since everyone that counts knows about SH illness it's time to move on to the next phase. I understand why JE filed the divorce papers it made sense, when she examined her life with TJ she realized that was not how she wanted to live and if she stayed with him he would never see her differently. With the divorce she can now be the kind of woman she wants to be and if he can accept the new her they will remarry.
If SH dies I think it will be at the very end and more than likely GR won't need a guardian, JE and JS will take care of SH and GR, BN will continue to live with TJ this will ensure the interaction between the people who care about SH and GR. In truth I really don't see SH marrying JS even though i would like it to happen. TJ growth will start from seeing SH strength, JS loyalty, GR growing into the kind of man any parent would be proud of and JE blossoming. TJ will learn that being a daddy and being a father are two different things and being a husband is more than just being married to someone.

Gma is just crazy she doesn't have on shred of evidence that GR is her Gson and if she did she has no legal right to barge into their lives because she wants him, I say have her arrested for trespassing then maybe it will sink in that SH want's nothing to do with her. In fact in SH place I would have it written in my will that she is not to have contact. 

IBELIS said: I understand why JE filed the divorce papers it made sense, when she examined her life with TJ she realized that was not how she wanted to live and if she stayed with him he would never see her differently. With the divorce she can now be the kind of woman she wants to be and if he can accept the new her they will remarry.

I'm crying!!!so sad this episode...i loved the begining of the episode...Gr SJ and SH scenes...Sj left to solve his dad problems and as i already expected he made a deal with him...i laugh so much when Director Kim wife slapped that eassy woman!She deserved it !!!About stupid grandmom well i have no words...i totally hate her...she has no right over GR ...love that all the scene with SH and JE...our girls being friends again helping each other!!!What will SH do now that she had to confess her son the truth?Will she still marry SJ?And i'm really courious about what she asked the detective to do...

@valsava Yeah, she did tell GR. I despise TJ's mom, she's just complete trash. BN is also mad at her grandma. I hope everyone turns against her. If JE and TJ doesn't get back together in the end i hope that he will respect SH's last wishes in the will. Because SH left GR custody to her in her will right?. GR and TJ are still father and son so they can meet each other whenever they want. I say this because i want him away from that grandma...

@baduy and @andy78‌

Never say never

Love is not perfect as everybody wants to. It would be awesome if every love start at first sight, but the true is different and it doesn't mean that is not love.

Archived