[Drama 2011-2012] My Daughter, the Flower / Kkot Nim, My Daughter 내 딸 꽃님이 Episode Recaps on p5-6 ^^

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep 60 (summary)

601.jpg

After the initial shock, KN asked CK what is she doing here? In her stupor state, CK babbled that the person her playboy brother pined for is here! SH tries to explain the situation with the intention to call a taxi for CK and KN insisted to do it instead. She called CW to let him know about his sister situation and continue to wonder whether to go back to SH's apartment or not. SH find her waiting outside his door and insist that she go inside to talk.

602.jpg

Even though she knows he did nothing wrong however she still feels uneasy. SH told her that he can comprehend her feeling caused he feels the same too. Every times when he heard CW still interested in her, although he knows she never encourages him yet he still feels anxious about it. Is it not a crime to love someone therefore all they can do is to prove their love to them.  In this way, he hope both CK & CW will be able to settle their own feelings too. Although he did not get along with his dad, the only thing he wanted to learn from him is to love only one woman and that woman is KN.

603.jpg

CK was nagged by her mom for getting drunk and she asked her brother whether he has ever wonder why it is not possible for him with KN, why it has to be KN with SH?

604.jpg

Granny interrupted her son call with KN's mom and asked why HJ's dad is enraged with them. She want her son to settle this matter with HJ's dad and warned of the consequence to their business.

SH's dad and KN's mom goes for a lunch date and she is worried that their relationship will affect his relationship with Granny. She wanted their relationship to stay in the shadow but he refused and insisted that after waited for 30 years he wanted their relationship to go official.

605.jpg

HD visited KN and she mentioned about CK causing trouble again for CW and her insistent of going to find SH. She wanted her friend to have a good talk with CK about her inappropriate behavior.

In the office, SH only discussed work matter with CK. She wondered why and offer to explain to KN. He declined her offer and explained that the incident wouldn't matter to their relationship at all. She appeared to be upset with his remark.

606.jpg

KN finally talk to CK about her inappropriate behavior and wanted her to stay away from SH. She warned that CK will only get hurt if she continue. CK throw back a challenge to her and KN suspected that her feeling for SH is not real. At least she should be more considerate of SH's feeling if her affection are for real but now it appear that CK is bitter at being rejected instead. CK is very angry at being reprimanded by KN.

The company is facing their first crisis which is being manipulated by HJ with the help of her dad. HJ warned KN's mom regarding the consequences of her action and the affect on SH's dad and his company....

Phew this is the final recap by me!   ;)  I will continue to post the rest of the recaps by Dialogues  soon.  :)>-

• 2 weeks later...

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Episode 61

Posted on February 11, 2012 by z@dahyuhlawgs

flower_61_01.jpg

Hye-jin issues an ultimatum: either she orchestrates Jae-ho’s downfall, or she can let him continue to enjoy the life as he always has. It’s Soon-ae’s choice to make, and in case she doesn’t understand how crucial her decision is, Hye-jin reminds that the rise and fall of thousands of livelihoods are on her shoulders now. A day’s deadline isn’t much but she’s only allowing her that much time to consider. (Still, being considerate is also a virtue, is it not?)

flower_61_02.jpg

It’s a mental confusion – is it true? Not being able to reach Jae-ho on his cell heightens Soon-ae’s fear. She comes by the company, and just as she tries getting him on the phone again, Jae-ho and his entourage of directors pass by her; he, never noticing her. He’s a voice of ease and calm as he asks if she has eaten, and reminds her to take her medication; he will be turning in late, and she can call him anytime – as if there’s no crisis. But she spies the worry on his face, and the severity of his situation is further highlighted when she overhears staff whispering about the first company crisis ever, as they worry for their livelihood. Soon-ae realizes that she’s the cause of Jae-ho’s problems…

flower_61_03.jpg

…while he blames himself for not properly appeasing that one person. The situation is fast getting out of hand, as production is at risk of being halted because fabric supplies are withheld – thanks to Hye-jin. Data goes missing and business associates are reluctant to lend a helping hand. Sang-hyuk tells his father to be truthful to him so that he can help, shocked to learn from the gist of their conversation that Hye-jin is manipulating the situation.

flower_61_04.jpg

Unbeknownst to both Joon-hyuk and Kkot-nim, they are sharing their sympathies for Hye-jin (which I’m not saying that she isn’t deserving of sympathy, but she offset it by her unethical actions). He tells her that Hye-jin is no longer noona-omma, just simply noona, and Kkot-nim readily understands. She agrees that Hye-jin is pitiful, for she thinks she is a good person. He’s not moping over it for long, soon distracted by Sang-hyuk’s no-show as he promised to pick him up. Just then, Sang-hyuk calls – he can’t come for his brother as he’s caught up with work.

flower_61_05.jpg

Chae-wan apologizes to Kkot-nim for his sister’s misbehavior the night before. He should have packed her in and sent her home since she was drunk. It has always been a concern that Kkot-nim will be hurt because of Chae-kyung, and for that, he’s extremely sorry. Kkot-nim hopes that he wouldn’t feel this way, as she made clear before, it’s a matter between she and Chae-kyung, and it would be best he keeps away from it.

It’s as if she’s firm about not wanting to send across mixed signals, for she now tells him that he can knock off from work. It’s off-peak hour, the work is manageable between herself and Hong-dan. She’s being blunt, clearly uneasy; Chae-wan seems to get it after a brief awkwardness, agrees to go, “as long as that’s what you want,” he tells her.

flower_61_06.jpg

He gathers that Chae-kyung must have spout nonsense about his feelings for Kkot-nim when she was drunk. She’s already angry as it is, with Kkot-nim warning her off Sang-hyuk, and so, did Kkot-nim warn him off too? Too exasperated to argue, Chae-wan tells her that his image is completely ruined because of her! Alone, Chae-kyung grumbles her annoyance for Kkot-nim: just the thought of her is enough to motivate her into joining forces with Hye-jin to ruin them. But that’s only an impulsive thought – good to know – for she realizes that she doesn’t want to do something like that, “I don’t want to see Goo Sang-hyuk hurt.”

Seeing his son drinking alone, Chun-man figures that Chae-wan is down because of love. He was such a playboy that he never knew he’s capable of being faithful, “that’s how a man should be,” he praises. He encourages him to be patient, even though it seems the girl isn’t fated to be his, “a person’s destiny is unforeseen. Fate is such that if it’s meant to be yours, it will be. Wait around.”

flower_61_13.jpg

Hong-dan is sharp to notice that Kkot-nim intentionally told Chae-wan to leave; despite Kkot-nim not willing to say why, she guessed as much, given the crap that Chae-kyung spouted the evening before. Kkot-nim admits that while she needed the job, she never spare a thought for Chae-wan’s feelings, assuming that by pretending not to know how he feels is for the good of him, “but I know now that I shouldn’t create these opportunities, be it directly or indirectly.” Now that she understands how it feels when an admirer shows up before the person she loves, she doesn’t want to confuse Chae-wan (by unnecessarily placing herself in the same quarters).

Hong-dan senses that her relationship with Sang-hyuk is deepening, Kkot-nim admits, “by looking at his gaze, I know what he wants. What he likes or dislikes, if he’s in pain or lonely. It’s like I’m experiencing my own feelings. I never knew that love is like this.”

flower_61_12.jpg

Knowing that Sang-hyuk is caught up with work, she drops in at the office with supper. He’s concerned that she’s still here at this late hour, and she tells him that she can’t just leave, “since I’ve not even seen you today.” He’s pleased with that, for he’s feeling aggrieved that he’s the only one missing her. She tsks at him, says that if she were to make drawings of how much she misses him, a canvas the size of his office wouldn’t suffice. Challenged, he tells her that his canvas would have to be the size of the company, to illustrate how much he misses her. She counters competitively, “in truth, a canvas the size of our nation still wouldn’t be enough for me.” Can’t lose, his would now have to be the size of the universe. She chides him for being childish, he reminds her that she was the one who started it.

Back to being adults, she asks about his workload, learns that the company is going through some difficulties. His father is having a hard time, and he expects to hole up at the office for the night. Kkot-nim is concerned, “overnight?” Sang-hyuk tells her that even staying through the night might not ease over their problems.

flower_61_11.jpg

Kkot-nim is worried about Sang-hyuk’s troubles, and she wants to stay around to help in whatever she can. She tells her mother that she’s camping overnight at Sang-hyuk’s office, “how can I leave him to work through the night, expecting to sleep soundly at home? I’ve to stay by his side to cheer him on.” She’s saying that to her mother, but smiling at him as if to hint openly how much she cares for him. Her mother says no, it’s not as if she’s on the payroll, “but he’s the person I love, and I want to be here for him when he’s having a hard time,” Kkot-nim insists, and whether her mother agrees or not, it’s final, although she hopes that she will understand.

Soon-ae understands, envious that Kkot-nim can be around to care for the person she loves, “you’re better off than me,” she mutters to herself.

flower_61_10.jpg

Sang-hyuk’s little secretary falls asleep; putting his coat over her, he’s drawn to kiss her on the cheek. His father enters, on seeing light from the room. They talk about work briefly, Jae-ho more curious about why Kkot-nim is here. Sang-hyuk explains that she wanted to help, but has fallen asleep. Jae-ho is concerned what her mother would think, to which Sang-hyuk says she was informed. Still, Jae-ho prefers that Sang-hyuk sends Kkot-nim home, as she has to work the next day, “For the sake of how she cares and spares a thought for you, treat her well. Don’t hurt her,” Jae-ho advises before he leaves the office.

Looking down at her sleeping form. Sang-hyuk strokes Kkot-nim’s head, as he speaks in assurance to his father’s advice, “you don’t have to worry (about I hurting her) because she’s precious to me.”

flower_61_08.jpg

It didn’t take long for Soon-ae to decide, although it was a tearful process. She was resigned to her fate, believed that she brings only misery to people around her: Soo-chul, her son, and now Jae-ho. But she convinced herself there’s no regrets, contented to reunite with Jae-ho after 30 years and affirming their love. She knows the only thing she can do for him now is to leave him.

But Kkot-nim sort of enlightened her to the meaning of love, as she explains why she spent the night at Sang-hyuk’s office, despite not really being of help to him. “I just want to be by his side because he’s precious to me. We’ll share happy moments together, and we go through hardships together. That’s love. I don’t feel weary when I’m with him, it’s the same with him too. He can only find strength if I believe in him, and be there for him.” And we get the idea that Soon-ae is inspired to fulfill the same act of love.

flower_61_07.jpg

I feel that misplaced loyalty of this set-up is one of the weakest form of drama-writing, especially with a scenario like this one where it’s up against the enormity of a possible bankrupt. If it were mandatory to be angry, I would even have to drum it up, reluctantly. I, instead would have been more inclined to snark the characters to death if I were in a frivolous mood, or if the scene has depth – even if it’s only an inch.

It’s flimsy writing, with two supposedly brilliant women trifling with lives and fortune over one woman who they have to strike out ‘for the sake of one man’s happiness’. Or perhaps two, if you factor in the long-lost son. I even had the patience to debate their intents, and how they both possibly see that the crisis is within control since it’s a manipulated effort. Obviously, they believe they can reverse the situation if they want to. But it just seems like misplaced intellects.

Grandma knows that her son and grandson worked through the night, and the situation isn’t optimistic. Still, she encourages Hye-jin to see the matter through, seriously worried that Hye-jin will give in to a moment of weakness (to spare Jae-ho). How is it possible to root for a mother like she is, even if past mistakes are forgiven? So with Soon-ae deciding at the last minute, that she doesn’t want to leave Jae-ho, the conflict extends and their love strengthens, which are to be expected. But with that, I’m sure heartaches are around the corner for Sang-hyuk and Kkot-nim. I’m eager for it to happen, but also, I want it to happen on board a deserving script.

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Episode 62

Posted on February 17, 2012 by z@dahyuhlawgs

flower_62_02.jpg

This episode put me on a see-saw. For the early half, I was certain it will be my breaking point, then from midpoint to the end, I whooshed a relief. I want to stay optimistic but as with my motto for dramas now: I don’t want to jinx it. I have issues with dialogues now and then, exasperated with the low points that sometimes I pause the screen and balk. But it’s not permanent damage, I relish in the little rewards, in particular, the least expected ones. As long as they even out.

Once Soon-ae reasoned why she isn’t leaving Jae-ho, I face-palmed. Not a good guy vs. bad guy thing, but I agree with Hye-jin that running a (in my words, multi-million) business is about power and money (more than personal faith), and so I’m not properly sold on Soon-ae’s lines. Against Hye-jin’s threats, she holds faith that Jae-ho will overcome his difficulties. She missed out on Jae-ho once, took 30 years to be reunited, and she’s not eager to repeat the mistake. Soon-ae explains it as a trust between them, something that she understood after wallowing in misery for 30 years. Something that is beyond Hye-jin’s comprehension. On a jealous spur, Hye-jin warns imminently about the consequences of their glorious love!

flower_62_01.jpg
Soon-ae makes a silent promise to Jae-ho that she isn’t going to run off again, for her sake, she hopes he overcomes his difficulties. Putting her commitment into action, she packs him lunch and that touched him to the core. She doesn’t want him forgetting that she will always be there for him, even when things are tough. Jae-ho is revitalized, “hearing that, I feel I’m even able to conquer the universe.” The glimpse of happy sets Hye-jin off, she blazes in view of Jae-ho and Soon-ae sharing a moment of bliss, and her hostility goes on a runaway.

Since her bluff did not work on Soon-ae, she recycles it on Jae-ho. Rumors are abound about her involvement, so Jae-ho was spared the shock but appalled that she would stake the employees’ livelihood. She reminds that it’s his choice: make the right one and she will return matters to its rightful order. She can’t bite back her jealousy, criticizes him for being irrational to be smiling over some packed lunch amid crisis. It’s how she’s belittling Soon-ae that annoys the crap out of Jae-ho, so he makes clear his stance, “the company and my employees are important to me, and so is this packed lunch as well as the person who made it. I’ll give my all to protect the company and her. I hope you cease your useless antics.”

flower_62_03.jpg
Unwittingly throwing salt on her wound, Jae-ho further dents Hye-jin’s ego when he surmises that it’s beyond her to comprehend a love spanning 30 years despite them living in separation. It’s humiliation, grounding Hye-jin’s determination to serve payback. Having overheard the conversation, Sang-hyuk, now in complete knowing, asks of Hye-jin to back down while expressing understanding it’s not her genuine desire to wreck the company, but a responsive reacting out of hurt, “can’t you return to the Hye-jin noona who I like and respect?” Wiping off a tear, Hye-jin answers that she’s at the point of no return, “it’s tough as it is just talking to you. So don’t stop me.” Reining it in is an option but eliminated by the size of her pride. She vows to fight this to the end, with Grandma not protesting nor questioning her decision. No surprise.

It’s announced that the drama will have a 10 episodes extension. It seems premature to put through the decision, but apparently they are bolstered by the favorable ratings as it’s almost hitting the 20% mark. I can’t decide if I should rejoice. If what happens later is going to have me dripping blood, I may well be anaemic because of the extension. But making a decision this early can also mean that the story is written in advanced-advance? Then, I want to see Sang-hyuk and Kkot-nim married. I think he has to, if only to address his insecurities with marriage.

flower_62_06.jpg
I always have issues with contrivances. I don’t go round looking for it, they just stick out. This drama has lots of them, and I often literally cringe. But I’m also selectively everything – selectively forgiving, selectively shameless, selectively mean. Brief, but I had a grumpy conversation with this scene. In reality time zone, Logic doesn’t get it why Kkot-nim just can’t get a chair. One minute, the scene totally didn’t make sense, the next, another part of me predicts that’s because Sang-hyuk is coming to play hero. Okay, that’s contrived, but once I’m on Sang-hyuk alert, I’m good. I even thought, “that’s why we need to get tall boyfriends.”

flower_62_07.jpg
Sang-hyuk came out of nowhere, effortlessly shoves Kkot-nim’s object of peril into place and Kkot-nim jumps back, startled. He can’t see why she would be, implying that she should know it’s him, “since you know there’s no one other than me who can see to these tasks for you.” Still, he should have called to say he was coming, she tells him. (I’m certain that isn’t a complaint.) As she spent the night at his office, he’s half-expecting her to be dozing, she proudly reminds him that she has good physical strength.

flower_62_08.jpg
Said a little too early, for she yawns just as she enters his car. They are supposed to head for lunch, but when she yearns for a bed to sleep on, he pulls her into his embrace for a quick nap. She sighs dreamily that it’s warm and comfy, he answers with much self-importance, “if I hadn’t come, what are you going to do?” Eyes closed, she smiles in agreement, “that’s so right. It’s amazing how you always turn up when I need you,” and he returns the same observation about her – she came when he needed help at work.

Despite her weariness, Miss Sleepy gets caught up in a banter when she protests that he’s clutching her too tight. You think he would be considerate, instead he responds by caging her in, “bear with it even if it’s so.” She insists that she can’t get any sleep with him stifling her, but he has valid excuse: there’s nowhere to place his arms (other than around her) in this cramped space. “Why would you have such long arms then?” she playfully chides, he returns, “now you’re even nitpicking with my arms?” Smiling to himself, he grumbles that she knows no gratitude when a senior executive is here at an oddly time providing her with a warm place to sleep. Indeed, she’s ungrateful, voicing a blissful complaint, “warm? It’s dead stifling…”

flower_62_09.jpg
Since they didn’t make lunch date, Sang-hyuk drops off lunch with the security guard. Kkot-nim smiles at his thoughtfulness, until she reads the note he left with it. “You’ve bad sleeping habits. You snore, grind your teeth and drool. Only I have the tolerance for it. Eat up, and don’t nod off. Work hard.” Kkot-nim’s eyes widen in horror, frustration made worse when Mi-ra peeping over her shoulder, gasps that she’s up to some hanky-panky, but obviously less the malicious accusation (good to see that she’s warming up to Kkot-nim). Kkot-nim glints with vengeance, swears she’s going to get Sang-hyuk for this!

flower_62_10.jpg
She drops in at his office that evening, likely to give help than pick an argument but stops in her tracks when she sees Chae-kyung present. Chae-kyung returned to work out of guilt for leaving Sang-hyuk alone to juggle the crisis, as well as out of a niggling concern for him, and Kkot-nim can’t very well be hopping jealous over it. She drops Sang-hyuk an excuse that she’s stopping by en route to the cafe; there, Chae-wan much guesses what’s causing her glum look. Much as Chae-kyung is his sister, he agrees that she does the most insensible things, thus he understands Kkot-nim’s worry, with both of them working through the night.

As they are on the subject, Kkot-nim says she will take note to be cautious around him. She knows it pains him to see her and Sang-hyuk together, and she will avoid having that happen in his line of sight. Chae-wan reassures her in return that he’s over it now, instead he’s relieved that he needn’t worry about him being the reason for misunderstandings between the couple, “just treat me as your best friend and colleague. Be at ease with me.”

flower_62_05.jpg
There’s so much understanding between Sang-hyuk and Kkot-nim that it scares me. It makes sense though, if you tie in their life experiences during their youth, to this present desire to cherish and love. With every new episode, a part of me awaits another misunderstanding, another fight. I’m schooled on the saying: if it’s too good to be true. So, I’m high-strung, neatly stressed out. But they always make me smile, like how she makes him smile unexpectedly with the simplest of actions.

Sang-hyuk surprises her at work the next morning. His reason: simply because he wants to see her. She’s concerned if he isn’t tired after working round the clock, but nope, he answers that he isn’t. She thinks he’s worried because of how she left (after seeing him and Chae-kyung together). She wants him to follow her somewhere, and he teases that he’s getting worried if she’s going to beat him up. Very quickly, he’s surprised when she puts her arms around him, “what’s this about?” he smiles. “This is my feelings for you,” she tells him, “from now on, I’ll believe in you. No matter who you’re with, or what you both are doing together. I know you’re mine, and so my heart is at ease.” Sang-hyuk stills for a second at this gift of trust, touched beyond words, he can only beam as he hugs her tighter. Kkot-nim adds, “so don’t concern yourself about me over these trivial matters. Put your efforts into your work.”

flower_62_11.jpg
With the company’s situation worsening, Jae-ho is at complete loss after his mother refuses to mortgage her land to pull him through, on reason that it’s her one and only property. He reasons that it was her intention to give it to Soon-ae anyway – so why not to him? Then they should have heeded her then, she rebukes, “you’re throwing it all away for one woman!”

I’m sure it’s for the real good of the masses, and he doesn’t mean to spite her, when he indeed throws it all away. Meeting with his mother and Hye-jin, with Soon-ae in seat, he announces that he submitted his resignation to the board of directors. The women are in shock, his mother reminds him of the significance of his company. Surely he can’t just give it up? “To protect something precious, I’ve to give up something equally precious,” he explains. To Hye-jin, he’s apologetic for causing her character ruin. He’s certain that she has no wish to wreck the company, only him, and so he asks that she lets the matter rest and spare the company and his employees…

• 1 month later...

@djappleblush  So sorry for this late posting, hope you wlll enjoy it!  :)>-

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Episode 63 February 19, 2012

flower_63_01.jpg

It’s not an exaggeration to say that daily dramas of recent years stagnated my flow of thoughts. They are so often idiotically unreasonable, stuck in the 70s time warp of melodrama reactions, that now I’m floored by Jae-ho’s solution to his problem. Yes! Why didn’t I anticipate that, I thought. His personal financial stability, though not strong enough to rescue his company in a swoop, is good enough for him to retire. This way, no one holds him hostage. I don’t see it as a foolish sacrifice, because he needn’t be making home under bridges or empty subways. That’s good enough.

The women are each battling with a different kind of response to Jae-ho’s decision and declaration of everlasting loyalty to Soon-ae. The consequences of her decision to stick by Jae-ho now startles Soon-ae to a guilt; his mother retreats into self-deception believing it’s only a moment of folly, at which he will come to his senses soon, and Hye-jin wallows in angry misery. She’s not proud of her underhand means, embarrassed by her inability to hold on to her fiance’s heart. She guesses it’s beyond Soon-ae’s comprehension since she successfully held on to a man’s heart for this long a time.

On the contrary to what seems like a celebrated accomplishment, Soon-ae tells her that she knows only too well how Hye-jin is feeling. For the past 30 years, she wasn’t able to love the man she loves either. Hye-jin lashes out at the show of pity, vows she will never give up ruining Jae-ho. Soon-ae isn’t agreeable to Jae-ho’s decision, but she has to obey him, thus her apology to Hye-jin. Her concern for Hye-jin’s conscience – if ripped by guilt in future – humiliates Hye-jin deeper, when she asks if Hye-jin will be at ease if she insists on sending Jae-ho to ruin? Hye-jin returns with a question of her own, “is that love, when a man gives up his all for you?” Soon-ae turns to her, serves her fodder for thought too, “then, is it love when you strip a man of his everything, leaving him with only a shell?”

flower_63_02.jpg
To say that Sang-hyuk is shocked about his father’s resignation is an understatement, he’s deeply confused. As his father explained, he much guessed that Hye-jin set an ultimatum, what he doesn’t get is why his father would give up his company over a woman? Jae-ho expects that he wouldn’t understand, although he hopes he would. But still, he doesn’t. “I can’t imagine how great your love is for this person,” his opinion tainted with mild upset, not sarcasm, as if anymore serious, he likely would think his father ridiculous. Jae-ho is accepting of his disapproval, understanding his inability to perceive the intelligence of his decision, “you will know someday. What it is like to have someone in your heart. Just because you’re a man too.”

flower_63_03.jpg
I’ve waited forever for a drama to come along where I don’t need to choose, or like one man over his rival. I think this is it. I have a soft spot for Lee Ji-hoon (which didn’t happen the first time I saw him), and this drama character makes it even easier to want to like him. Being a visual creature, my eyes zoom in on Sang-hyuk and Chae-wan’s styling – which often works more than it doesn’t – with every scene. I think the entire package effortlessly influenced my affections for them.

Sang-hyuk and Chae-wan are perfect rivals. I’ve said this before, that I like the gentlemanly attitude, even if they each knows too well how the other feels for Kkot-nim. They put everything upfront, so much that even a smirk of jealousy or arrogance doesn’t taint their characters. The unpretentious interactions form an unexpected relationship, as such they can exist as an entity without Kkot-nim. Add Chae-kyung’s cool attitude to it, even if its prone to alter depending on the storyboard, for now, I seriously love this non-triangular love concept even if it looks geometric at every angle.

Should he take off every time Sang-hyuk comes through the cafe doors, Chae-wan doesn’t want Sang-hyuk misunderstanding that it’s because of (a dislike for) him. He would be doing that because of Kkot-nim’s concerns for Sang-hyuk’s feelings. There’s no denying to the hint of arrogance to Sang-hyuk’s reaction, which I think is more of a male pride kind of thing, as in: I’m this important. Good thing he isn’t stamping on Chae-wan’s pride, for he surprises Chae-wan when he tells him to ignore what Kkot-nim said, though not out of disregard for her considerations. “Just stick around. You’re the boss and you don’t need to subject yourself to your staff likes and dislikes. I might misunderstand if I wasn’t sure if she really likes me, at the very least, I’ve to trust her.”

flower_63_04.jpg
Being in love doesn’t necessarily mean he knows love, there’s an infancy to Sang-hyuk’s understanding as he briefly confides in Kkot-nim about his father’s teenage romance, their reunion and his recent actions over that love. Seeing his father, prompts his pondering, “what is love? How far can one go in loving someone? What kind of destiny leads one to meet another?” Kkot-nim is surprised that his father has someone else other than Hye-jin, their story momentarily sets her into wondering too, “can love be reignited after so many years?” Sang-hyuk’s low spirits is in part due to the reason that he never really know his father. It’s beyond him as to why Jae-ho, attentive only to his work, would make such a decision and give up his lifetime of efforts.

Consoling him, Kkot-nim puts his arm around her and snuggles into him, “it’s cold. So, I want you to warm me up,” putting her arm around his waist, she says, “and I’m returning it to you. It’s warm, right?” She smiles up to him, and that lifts him into a smile too. While she has no idea either, she figures that his father’s relationship is about fate. “Fate?” Sang-hyuk wonders, as if the term is another twilight zone of its own. Parting with him at her doorstep later, she advises him to give his unconditional support to his father, “that’s what you should do as a son.”

flower_63_08.jpgSang-hyuk’s regrets about his distant relationship with his father prompts Kkot-nim to remind Soon-ae not to keep a secret from her if she should fall in love someday. Guilty, Soon-ae asks what is it about for her to bring up the subject? When KKot-nim reveals that Sang-hyuk’s father was recently reunited with his former love, the coincidence unnerves her, casually asking about what Sang-hyuk’s father does (for a living)? Kkot-nim realizes that she has no idea, but before Soon-ae’s suspicions have more room to breathe, she’s flustered out of shyness, when Kkot-nim wonders if two people so much older in age can still love with such passion? Soon-ae defends that it’s precisely how they are denied the chance to love that allows them to love passionately.

flower_63_07.jpgIf it were another time another space, Soon-ae would have been relieved with Kkot-nim’s pre-approval to fall in love. But she underestimated how Jae-ho is willing to go to the extent for her. Earlier in the evening, she met with Jae-ho to voice her concerns over his decision: that he values her over his company is unimaginable. To Jae-ho, it’s non-negotiable although he took pains to reassure her. She’s not at fault, in fact, if she isn’t by his side, he probably would have lacked the courage to come through with his decision.

For the past 30 years, he built his life around work, assuming responsibility for his company and his staff. Now, he wants to lay back and enjoy life, and to be attentive to his loved ones, “I want to live like a human being. I don’t want to live as only an entrepreneur to my staff, now I just want to live life as Goo Jae-ho, a man responsible for a woman. There is much I want to do with you, things we missed out during our youth.” He pleads for her unconditional trust in him, that’s all he needs.

flower_63_05.jpgTipsy, Jae-ho is bolstered to lay blame on his mother: to how much she is hating him now, he’s laying equal blame on her. “If you had accepted her then, your son would be spared the pain. Spare a thought for me, allow me to live decently for the remaining time in my life,” he begs. His mother responds with the death tactic: she can agree to anything but only this, and why can’t he oblige her? “Why does it has to be her?” she cries. And why can’t it be her, Jae-ho questions in return, for it’s what puzzles him most. She refuses to answer him, or rather she can’t, instead accuses him of likely giving up his children for Soon-ae in the future, given that he’s already giving up his company and created a rift with his mother!

flower_63_06.jpg

Grandma’s troubles seems to be coming to an end, for after a night of consideration, Soon-ae calls, asking to meet…

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/my-daughter-flower-episode-63/

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Summary (E64) February 21, 2012

flower_header-1.jpg

(1) Like Jae-ho, Soon-ae’s pain instigates her to voice her blame, “no matter how much you detest me, it’s been 30 years. If only you would acknowledge our relationship, he needn’t have to give up his company, and I…needn’t leave. I don’t want to hurt him, but now I’m forced to heap the same pain on him again. For this, I truly blame you.” Grandma is genuinely stunned as she’s expecting that Soon-ae would be pleading for a chance. Some conscience shows when Soon-ae pours out her heartfelt wish, “I never knew my parents…always wishing that I can treat you as my mother. Even if only once, I wish you could hold my hand…” she cries. Grandma puts it down to an absence of Fate, “whatever I did to you, I will repay you in the other world.”

(2) For all her pain, at least Soon-ae seeks consolation in knowing that she has a sensible and beautiful daughter, and when she eventually meets Soo-chul, she can proudly say that she was a good mother. Noticing that she’s mentioning her late husband several times, Kkot-nim suggests that she’ll make time with her and return to visit her father. Since they will be parting, Soon-ae takes up Jae-ho’s invitation to visit the zoo. There, she tells him how it always was a wish to hang on to his arm when they were dating in public places, but never did so for fear of the public eye, at which Jae-ho tells her that it’s a thing of the past, “you don’t have to keep things hidden, or worry about public opinions anymore.”

(3)Having lunch, remembering Sang-hyuk’s attentive care for Kkot-nim, Jae-ho saves Soon-ae the trouble by cutting up her steak. He tells her about meeting his son’s girlfriend, admires her optimistic outlook in life, with not a streak of inferiority complex despite being from a less-privileged family, and with only a single parent. Soon-ae wonders why wasn’t made of sterner stuff then, Jae-ho thinks it’s how people lived then, but from now, they can live life holding their heads high. She speaks of the enormous love he has for her, “I never imagined that. Now that I know, I’m filled with happiness.”

(4) Just as Hye-jin’s words guides Soon-ae’s decision, Hye-jin is also in part, swayed to give up her plans because of what Soon-ae said; other than being moved by Joon-hyuk’s earlier concern for her. She comes to bid Grandma farewell, and even knowing that Soon-ae will leave Jae-ho isn’t making a difference, “do you think they can part now when even 30 years can’t separate them? I don’t want to live my days looking at a shell.” She promises to return the company to its original standing, and to forever keep the secret (of Sang-hyuk’s birth). She worries more about Grandma, since she’s unable to separate the couple or accept them, “whatever your decision, know that I’ll always support you.”

(5) Thanks to the negative mood in the family, Joon-hyuk refused to go home, and he has now dozed off at Sang-hyuk’s apartment. Sang-hyuk explains that everyone in the family is downcast, and that likely affected Joon-hyuk. Kkot-nim is curious if the other woman is the reason for Jae-ho and Hye-jin’s rift, “I’m not privy to the details, but as a woman, I’m envious of her. She received a man’s everlasting love, didn’t she?” She wonders to herself if she can receive such a long lasting love too? Understanding her concerns, Sang-hyuk tells her, “I’m not sure how far our love will take us. But what I want to do right this moment is to love you without regrets. Just let this moment evolve into eternity,” he pledges with a kiss.

(6) Jae-ho is oblivious that it’s a permanent parting, Soon-ae on the other hand, says her goodbye. She has a good time today, one that she will never forget. Of course, not knowing, he assures her there will be more to come. Asking that he hugs her, Soon-ae expresses that she’s grateful about reuniting with him, and allowed to speak of her feelings for him. Then, fighting back tears, she urges him to hurry off. She reveals to Mi-sook that she’s taking off to Kangwon-do for the time being, entrusting Kkot-nim in her care. To her daughter, she explains that she wants to go on a long-needed vacation.

(7) The next day, Hye-jin asks to see her, just as she’s leaving. Company matters are in order, and she’s returning to Australia, leaving her feelings behind, “this means, you can forget your plans to leave and stay behind for Jae-ho.” After a moment of surprise, Soon-ae says that she can’t stay, “I’m an obstacle to his life, am I not? No matter how much I want to disregard the reality, that it is difficult to overcome the odds of our love, reality is reality. I know that now.” Hye-jin answers if it were to come to this, then she should have done so long ago, “you stirred everyone up, and what’s the point of this now? Leave if you want to!”

(8) Hye-jin bids Jae-ho farewell, apologizes for what was done. He assumes responsibility, she regrets that if she weren’t manipulated by desire, she would have made more beautiful memories with him. Standing to go, conscience pricks. She reveals that Soon-ae is at the bus terminal, leaving Seoul, “if you don’t want to miss out on her again, then go now. This is my last gift to you,” Hye-jin tears. Jae-ho reaches the terminal in time, just as Soon-ae’s ride is leaving…

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/my-daughter-flower-summary-e64/

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Summary (E65) February 21, 2012

flower_header-1.jpg

(1) Soon-ae explains to Jae-ho that she needs time to think matters over, about what is good for each of them. He thinks she’s going back on her word to stick by him through thick and thin, exasperated that despite his explanations, she would still think of leaving. He drops her off at his villa, says that if she’s indeed wanting to consider matters, she can do it here. At least, he knows where she is. “Just know that no matter where you go, I will find you.”

(2) For a moment, Hye-jin contemplates revealing Sang-hyuk’s secret when she meets the brothers, then decides against doing so. She’s ashamed for showing them her ugly side and putting them through the unhappiness, “still, I hope you’ll remember the good things about me.” Sang-hyuk reminds her that she’s always his mentor, “please remember that you have every right to be loved,” he consoles her. She advises him to safeguard his love too, “to love someone who loves you in return is a great blessing, although you probably don’t know that. Don’t miss out on such a blessing. Hold on to it.”

(3) Out on official errand, Kkot-nim steals time to see Sang-hyuk. Her heels already at risk of giving way finally snaps when she rushes up to him. He’s worried about her fall, chides that she should just wait for him to come to her, “I see that it’s just impossible to leave you alone.” Seeing that she can barely stand, he carries her up in a swoop – to his father’s dismay. He can’t stop nagging at her clumsiness, “you should just sit there and wait for me to come up to you. Can’t you just bear that little time? I guess I should keep you by my side and live together. This way, I can keep an eye on you,” he teases. He puts on medication for her, and then the new shoes – a sample product and thus a little large in size, he tells her. As he laces it up, he reminds her that it’s tiring on the legs if the laces are loosely tied, “so lace it up tight, get it?”

(4) Jae-ho reminds Sang-hyuk about propriety, “no matter how happy you’re, you can’t just carry a girl in public. You’re the boss’s son. All eyes are on you.” Sang-hyuk explains he did that because Kkot-nim twisted her ankle, “compared to what others think of me, Kkot-nim’s leg was my utmost concern. You probably wouldn’t understand but that was what I had to do then.” Jae-ho asks if he’s dating Kkot-nim with the intention to marry, Sang-hyuk falters for an answer but gives a frank one, “I’m not really sure yet as to why I’ve to marry. I’m more concerned if I’m able to give happiness to the person I love (if I do marry).”

(5) Sang-hyuk’s words hints at a lifetime promise, at least that’s what Kkot-nim thinks. She runs it by Hong-dan who quickly agrees that has to be an indirect proposal. She can’t be wrong, for given Sang-hyuk’s character, he wouldn’t say such things unless he means it. Kkot-nim is in heaven, relating how she almost weep when he laced her shoes. Hong-dan notices the new shoes, learns Sang-hyuk gave it to her, raises an alarm that lovers don’t gift shoes to each other, “that’s basic. It means you’ll run off!” Kkot-nim doesn’t believe in the myth, says she’s content to know that Sang-hyuk has included her in his future.

(6) After allowing Soon-ae to think for the day, Jae-ho tells her that he prefers that they not fritter time away. He has no wish to go through the same pain he had been living for the past 30 years. Soon-ae speaks of her concerns for his company, his employees and their families. She even hates herself for leaving behind her work and daughter all for this. She doesn’t want him to give up a lifetime of work, his mother and children for her, “I don’t want to live an unhappy life like this. It’s enough as long as we share the same feelings, never forgetting each other.” For now, Jae-ho agrees to give in to her suggestion, “I’ll return to my position. And you return to yours. Let’s think about this slowly.” He drops her off at home, wants her promise that she will not take off again.

(7) Chae-kyung’s late-night partying attracts trouble. Her one-night stand is infatuated, and now wants to date her. Her condescending attitude riles him and he gets physical with her. Kkot-nim, waiting for Sang-hyuk outside his office, defends Chae-kyung and is hurt in return. Before the weasel can take another strike at her, Sang-hyuk appears and saves the damsel. Back home, Chae-wan rebukes his sister for her flippant lifestyle, she rebuts that he has no right to lecture her when he was once living life in the same style!

(8) Sang-hyuk chides Kkot-nim as he fusses over the cut on her lip, “you twisted your ankle in the day, and now this! What are you? A gangster?” She defends that she can’t just ignore someone getting beaten up, can she? Briefly, they discuss Chae-kyung. Sang-hyuk is curious about what really went on, Kkot-nim decides that Chae-kyung is weaker (not in physical strength) than she looks, although not elaborating on it. Sang-hyuk goes back to grumbling about her injuries, “I guess I’ve to follow you around and protect you.” Already interpreting his earlier words as a hint of marriage proposal, she now tells him to do just that. “What? Forget my work and follow you around?” he jokes. “Why not we get married then?” she proposes and he drops the teacup in shock…

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/my-daughter-flower-summary-e65/

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Summary (E66) February 21, 2012

flower_header-1.jpg

(1) The awkward silence hastens Kkot-nim to leave, says the proposal is a joke when Sang-hyuk stops her, wanting to answer her suggestion of marriage. At the bus-stop, she’s beating herself up for her idiocy when he pulls up, wanting to send her home. Flanked by embarrassment and hurt, she’s caught in a jam as she’s not exactly needing the ride from him. The public bus pulls up just then and she hurries off.

(2) She drinks with Hong-dan, tells her that she can’t fathom a man’s heart. It’s likely they have separate candidates for who they like and who they want to marry. Hong-dan is surprised that it’s a false alarm since she’s certain that Sang-hyuk really likes her. Kkot-nim blames herself for putting him in a spot, but not for long. More than a couple of drinks later, she’s slurring in drunkard mode and throws him into the baddies category, at the next moment, she’s back to confessing her love for him. Soon-ae figures that it’s a lovers’ quarrel, and when Sang-hyuk calls to check on her, Soon-ae speaks of her concerns, “my daughter loves you so much. My only wish is that she wouldn’t get hurt.”

(3) Jae-ho addresses Sang-hyuk’s insecurities with marriage, assumes blame for never giving him a happy family, thus leading him to believe that there’s nothing to look forward to in marriage. Sang-hyuk’s concerns is about not wanting the person he loves to bear the burden of his family, “while I once agreed to marriage because of Grandma and Joon-hyuk, now that I’ve someone I really love, I’m not sure if I want to weigh her down. Just like Hye-jin noona, it became a regret.” Jae-ho wonders if it would have altered Sang-hyuk’s misconception if he had accepted Hye-jin, “but I believe marriage isn’t only about sharing the happy moments. Depending on how much you love and trust each other, the problems inversely varies in weight. That’s what a husband and wife is.”

(4) Jae-ho admits he’s a failure in the department, but he hopes Sang-hyuk wouldn’t miss out on the person he loves just because of his responsibilities. He had thought Sang-hyuk’s concerns were about Kkot-nim’s background, Sang-hyuk answers that he can accept anything about KKot-nim, “but Joon-hyuk is a different issue. I don’t want to force it on her. After all, accepting a person’s background and being responsible for a person is a different matter. Moreover, I don’t want my beloved brother to be a burden to others. If we marry and becomes family, it’s not something that she has to go through only a couple of times. It’s a lifetime. I don’t want the person I love to assume that sort of responsibility just because I love her.”

(5) Through Sang-hyuk, Jae-ho is enlightened about his own relationship. Now he tells Soon-ae that after listening to his son, he agrees to do as she says. He will be returning to his work, and solve their issues slowly. He knows that it’s likely his mother will never give her approval, and much as he wants to fight for it, their life is too short (to waste over gaining the approval), “I will not force you to become part of my family. Just as long as you stay by my side.” Briefly, the mention of his sons comes up. Jae-ho reveals he has two sons, says he will let her in on the details at some other time.

(6) Not wanting Chae-kyung to regret her present lifestyle, Chae-wan takes pain to explain that she should cherish herself so that she wouldn’t feel unworthy of the person she would come to love in future – just like he is now. Chae-kyung stubbornly tells him to mind his own business, their heated argument gets into Chun-man’s ears, and he collapses in shock after learning that Chae-kyung is sleeping around.

(7) Caught in a traffic jam with her chauffeur, (and with Sang-hyuk attending to an ad-shoot situation) Grandma asks a favor of Kkot-nim to see Joon-hyuk home. She’s asked to stay for dinner, at which Grandma finds out to her delight that she’s dating Sang-hyuk. Knowing that Kkot-nim truly likes his son, and hoping that she can help to ease Sang-hyuk’s concerns, Jae-ho reveals what’s really holding Sang-hyuk back in his marriage issues, and that sort of helps Kkot-nim released the weight in her heart. He then laughs, realizing that he has just burdened her with a responsibility. Kkot-nim assures him that he didn’t, as if not wanting to run into Sang-hyuk, she hastily takes leave just as Sang-hyuk enters through the door…

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/my-daughter-flower-summary-e66/

Okay it’s time to post some pictures. I’m surprised that we still don’t have Eng sub MDTF. I wonder what the odds are of getting it in future.

MDTF EP64
oZqrC3v.png
BjvFBo5.png
pFp0goA.png
UY8g2xX.png
dj14RBt.png

8Sabz48.png
HNQdBcl.png
zqDFHXn.png

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=gogs007&logNo=40152038994

MDTF EP65

CJH, instantly holds up Jin Se Yeon who strained her ankle and even ‘sweetly’ attends her with medication

vjff9KW.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=198480

Park Sang Won sorrowfully confesses love “I need you” to Jo Min Su

UiC7znw.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201202160713331001

Park Sang Won “Would you like see me going crazy?” as he grabs Jo Min Su who is about to leave

s3smIB3.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=198479

MDTF EP65

Carefree acting Son Eun Seo gets beaten by a stalker with whom she spent one night

dtSCwOn.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201202160716221001

Son Eun Seo gets in danger but is saved by Jin Se Yeon

mMKenve.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=198481

Jin Se Yeon makes a surprising proposal to a jaebeol man, Choi Jin Hyuk who turns pale

x0Z6TrG.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201202160717351001

• 2 weeks later...

Many THANKS @booha for updating both CJH & MDTF thread!  :-bd

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Summary (E67) February 22, 2012

flower_header-1.jpg

(1) Sang-hyuk would have returned earlier if Kkot-nim had told him that she’s coming by the house, she answers that’s because she doesn’t want to be a burden to him, “I know you’ve been in two minds about what I said.” Sang-hyuk clarifies that he isn’t in two minds, instead he has been thinking how he should reply her, “in truth, I never thought about marriage…my brother…caring for him is my eternal responsibility, and I don’t want to share it with anyone. Even though I really love you, I’m not sure if I should share that responsibility with you. Love alone, isn’t enough to take up eternal responsibility for another person.”

(2) Kkot-nim gets what he means, having understood from the case studies at the hospital, “I know how tough it is to care for a sick family member. But I’ve always regarded you and Joon-hyuk as an entity. Perhaps, it’s because of Joon-hyuk that I fell in love with you. Seeing how you’re showering him with attentive care, I felt sympathy for you. I like you even more. As such, I’ve always treated Joon-hyuk as a part of you. I hope you can understand my feelings.” Sang-hyuk knows too well how she feels for him, “but looking in as a bystander, and looking at reality when trapped in a marriage is different. I fear on the thought that you’ll become unhappy because of it.” Kkot-nim makes clear her stand, “I’m not the least afraid of all these. What I fear most is, I’m not part of your future.” Dropping her off later, he asks that she allows him time to think about it, “until I’m confident to keep both of my most cherished people together with me.”

(3) Jae-ho notifies his mother that he doesn’t want her objecting Sang-hyuk’s relationship. He reveals Kkot-nim’s less-privileged background, and she’s living with only her mother, but she’s a kind and sensible girl, “just as long as Sang-hyuk likes her, I don’t care what kind of a girl she is. I will not raise any objections. I will not say that I’m doing it for the good of him, and then force him against his will.” His mother assures him that she will not despise Kkot-nim, never thought to do so. She also knows what he’s getting at by saying this, however, his situation was different from Sang-hyuk’s. He was only 20 then and rash – which parent wouldn’t put a stop to it? Still, Jae-ho tells her, that was what he really wanted then, “just because you stopped me, you’ve to bear witness to my 30 years of sufferings.”

(4) As someone who has been through the journey of lost love, Jae-ho doesn’t want Sang-hyuk falling in his shoes. He now suggests arranging a meeting with Kkot-nim’s mother (to make it official), “it’s a rare blessing to meet someone you love in one’s lifetime. If you miss out on it because you’re indecisive, you will be gripped by regrets.” He knows what are his concerns, but what’s important is being with the person he loves. He insists on making the date, assures him that he wouldn’t mention anything other than gratitude to Kkot-nim for giving help to Joon-hyuk.

(5) Dropping by at the hospital, Sang-hyuk overhears Kkot-nim’s conversation with her colleague about applying for a chance to go on a one year overseas training. She tells him that the medical association selects only one candidate per year, while it’s not a guaranteed that she will make the list, she’s even motivated to try because it’s competitive. But if she does makes it, she worries about leaving her mother alone. After learning that she will leave two months later if she’s selected, Sang-hyuk stands to go. She gets that something is wrong, he merely tells her that it’s a good chance, “it will be good if you’re selected.” She asks if he’s angry about it, learns it’s something else, “I’m not angry, I just didn’t expect to feel this way…how it will be like…when I’m not part of your future.” Kkot-nim assures him that it will only be a year, “we can have time to think about it during this one year. I thought it seems like a good idea.”

(6) Family matters cast a gloom over Chae-wan, Kkot-nim notices the moodiness, comments that he’s a changed man from when she first knew him. He gathers that the impression wasn’t good, but she tells him that he was charismatic in a way, “because you were lively.” He returns the observation that she’s down, she tells him that she can’t understand a man’s heart, “the more we’re in love, the more we understand each other, the more we expect something of each other. And I don’t know what I should do. I assumed that even if I needn’t say it, he would know of my feelings. But it doesn’t seem to be that way.” Chae-wan admits that men are dim-witted in this way, he offers to drop Sang-hyuk some hints but she rejects the good intention. She’s glad now to be relieved of the load after confiding in him. Chae-wan encourages her to make use of him often, assuring confidentiality that he will forget everything after he hears it.

(7) Sure, Sang-hyuk wasn’t angry but the more he thinks that Kkot-nim doesn’t care about leaving him behind, he’s frustrated, “you’re planning to go to some faraway place for a year, and you never thought of discussing it with me?” That’s because her hopes aren’t high that she will be selected, she says, but he’s no less appeased, “and what if you’re selected? You are thinking of taking off just like that?” She explains that the chance is hard to come by. And it’s her wish to study.

(8) Bottled up, he admits he wasn’t able to do a single thing after he learned of it. “Why?” she asks, raising his frustrations, “I’ll be living a year without you, that’s why! Can you live without me for a year?” She pacifies him that it isn’t a sure thing, and why worry ahead? “So, you came here for this?” she makes peace. Still sulking, he conveys his father’s invitation, tells her not to be burdened by the purpose. It’s mostly about thanking her, and letting the elders meet. As if guilty of upsetting him, she asks if (the news) made him uneasy, and he pours out his grievances, which seems more like cloaked fear, “I said I need time to think. I didn’t tell you to run off!” She smiles, “no one said anything about running away.” He glares with a warning, “let’s see you try that then.” Truce.

(9) So, it’s UH.OH when next day comes around, with both families ready to attend the meeting…

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/my-daughter-flower-summary-e67/

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Summary (E68) February 22, 2012

flower_header-1.jpg

(1) The crisis is averted when the hospital calls Soon-ae to inform that Mi-sook has a head injury. Because Yong-pil made a trip to his hometown, and worried about the extent of Mi-sook’s injury, Soon-ae has to skip lunch. Kkot-nim asks if she can’t just show her face before leaving, Soon-ae decides it’s even more impolite to do that, asks Kkot-nim to convey an apology. Luckily, Sang-hyuk’s family is understanding, Jae-ho suggesting that they set another date with her mother then.

(2) Sang-hyuk is over the moon that his grandmother adores Kkot-nim. While she has always like her, he didn’t expect her to like her this much, “she has really high standards when it comes to people. She’s treating you almost as family.” He’s reminded of Soon-ae’s absence, learns that Mi-sook is injured. Seeing that Kkot-nim is worried as she can’t get through her mother’s cell, he offers to stop by at her place to look in on them.

(3) Soon-ae rejects Sang-hyuk’s offer to pick them up at the hospital, but he insists on coming by the house. And he buys her lunch, knowing that she hasn’t eaten. Having tea inside the house, he glimpses Soon-ae and Chul-soo’s picture, asks if he’s Kkot-nim’s father? Soon-ae recounts how Soo-chul was so worried for his daughter that he couldn’t close his eyes even in death, “he would be happy now to know that she has a boyfriend.” She reveals that Kkot-nim carries a good amount of hurt inside her, as she has always blame herself for her father’s death. Caring for the patients seems to alleviate that guilt. She’s grateful to Sang-hyuk for helping Kkot-nim open up her heart, and letting her love, adding that it’s her wish to see their relationship bear fruit. She expresses relief when he tells her that he wants that to happen too.

(4) Soon-ae reveals her attempted suicide and how Kkot-nim saved her, “she told me she wanted to die too. She lost her mother as a child, lost her father to a traffic accident when she was 17. It tears at my heart, just remembering how much pain she has been through.” Looking at Sang-hyuk intently, she speaks of her only one wish for her daughter, “I want her to have a happy life and forget her pain. Maybe it’s because she has been through so much, she knows too well how to soothe others, and endure all hardship. Don’t let go of each other’s hands, walk on with determination.”

(5) Thinking that Soon-ae left as promised, Grandma gets the shock of her life when visiting a friend at the hospital, she catches sight of Soon-ae. Not sure if Jae-ho knew, she can’t risk it by asking him outright, thus she beats about the bush, asks if she needs to be worried about his relationship matters. Answering her in a roundabout way, Jae-ho assures her that there will be nothing for her to be worried about. She takes it that things ended, he tells her, “just know that there will be no more entanglements with our family.” She beams, but just in case it comes to be an issue in the future, she reminds him again, “as long as I’m alive, it’s impossible. Remember that.”

(6) Knowing that Joon-hyuk is eager to do something, Kkot-nim brings him to the cafe, where Chae-wan and Hong-dan are welcoming of his desire to learn coffee art. Sang-hyuk is touched by her patience and efforts with his brother, Kkot-nim refuses to receive credit, “it’s thanks to Joon-hyuk that he’s wanting to do something.” If her father were alive, she would have done anything for him, “even if he can’t do anything, as long as he is alive and breathing.”

(7) She’s thankful that Joon-hyuk is alive, and lightly chides Sang-hyuk for thinking that Joon-hyuk would be a burden to others. Hearing her say that, he can’t help but feeling he was dense in his thoughts, Kkot-nim assures him that he isn’t, “a person who thinks he’s foolish can’t be a fool.” When she expresses missing her father, he suggests they go visit him then, but she says she can’t as it’s too far away. It’s as if there’s something forlorn about her, and he’s given to offer comfort. Hugging her, he tells her to wait for him at the cafe, while he dashes back to the office to tie up some ends, “I’ll send Joon-hyuk home and then we go on a date.”

(8) Soon-ae apologizes that she can’t let Jae-ho come to the house as she has to be sensitive to her daughter’s feelings. She jokes that when she was young, her actions were guided by what the elders (his mother) would think, now, she has to work around her daughter, “we’re at a miserable age.” When Jae-ho apologizes for it, she brushes it off, saying that she’s content to meet him like this, “Time flies. So let us not waste it. Let’s spend a fruitful time together.”

(9) Out on a date with Sang-hyuk, but Kkot-nim dozes off the next instant, and by when she awakes, she’s in Sokcho. Sang-hyuk teases that while she’s sleeping, he drove her here to see her father. Paying their respects, Sang-hyuk gives Soo-chul his promise that he will always be responsible for Kkot-nim, “you don’t have to worry about her. Rest in peace.” Turning to Kkot-nim, he holds her hand and proposes marriage, “Yang Kkot-nim. Let’s marry.”

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/my-daughter-flower-summary-e68/

class="entry-title"My Daughter, Flower : Episode 69 February 22, 2012

flower_header-1.jpg

(1) Kkot-nim gets a scolding for returning only at dawn, Soon-ae is appeased only after she explains that Sang-hyuk drove her to Sokcho to visit her father, “he knew I was yearning to see Father and when I awoke, we were already there.” The next morning, Soon-ae threatens to give both she and Sang-hyuk a good dressing down, then chides her for always jumping to his defence when Kkot-nim insists that Sang-hyuk did no wrong, “scold me if you must.”

Soon-ae grumbles that it’s useless raising a daughter, Kkot-nim corrects her that it’s definitely better than raising a son, “a son cares only for his wife. Moreover, there’s a saying that if you raise a son, you end up taking the public bus. Raising a daughter puts you on the plane.” Soon-ae tells her that she can do without the air flight, she just wants her to marry well and live a happy life, “that’s my intention even if you don’t say so,” Kkot-nim answers, trying to stuff down her delight at the mention of marriage. That reminds her about needing to speak to her mother (about the marriage proposal) that evening.

(2) Now that it’s almost certain Sang-hyuk regards Kkot-nim as his life partner, his grandmother suggests to his father that they should at least look into her background, even though she feels there’s nothing unfavorable about Kkot-nim. Marriage is after all a monumental event. Jae-ho tells her to trust Sang-hyuk, moreover there’s nothing about her background that Sang-hyuk doesn’t know. Grandma worries that he’s likely clueless since he’s dizzy over love; still plastering on a smile, Jae-ho asks, “and after you look into it, finds something not to your liking, you’re going to raise an objection?” She tells him to quit insinuating at her intentions, if there’s no serious flaws, she wouldn’t say no.

Still, she insists that since marriage is about two families, it’s necessary to look into Kkot-nim’s family background. Once again, Jae-ho tells her to trust Sang-hyuk, to that, she questions his attitude on insisting that Sang-hyuk be given full freedom to make his decision, likely feeling that he’s less concerned because Sang-hyuk is adopted, “every parent has a desire to (be involved) in their children’s marriage. Isn’t your attitude strange? Sang-hyuk is our eldest son, did you forget that?” Obviously Jae-ho is concerned about Sang-hyuk more than she imagined, he tells her that Sang-hyuk is a 30 year-old adult and knows what he’s doing, “what we should do is to offer our blessings and be there for him. I feel that’s what a parent should do.”

(3) Worried about Kkot-nim, Sang-hyuk is already waiting when she arrives at the hospital, “you went home at dawn, I was worried if you were scolded by your mother. I was worried if you had enough sleep. I was worried if you’ll be late for work.” He then tells her that they are going to his house that evening, “to seek my grandmother’s approval, but of course, she’ll give her approval.” Oh, but before that, they have to visit her mother first. Kkot-nim asks if he really has to do all that, like now? When he tells her that he can’t see a reason for delaying it, she pretends to pout, points out that he’s a real joke, “when I proposed marriage, you said you need time to consider. And why can’t I have time to think about it?”

As if worried that she is changing her mind, he asks cautiously if she indeed needs to think about it, and what about? The overseas training? “That too, and some other stuff,” she answers. He decides that she can think about all that after she’s married, no good will come out of pondering excessively, “anyway, I’ve thought all about it. Just place trust in me and follow my lead.” Seeing that she’s smiling, he’s relieved, tells her he will come pick her up after work. “Why do you have to come all the way here, when you could have just called to tell me that? Kkot-nim asks. “Why do you think I came all the way here? To see my future wife, of course,” he pinches her cheek as a tender punishment, “you ask even on knowing that.”

(4) Jae-ho safely assumes that Kkot-nim is responsible for Sang-hyuk’s chirpy mood? At that, Sang-hyuk reveals his intentions to marry. The news doesn’t come much as a surprise to Jae-ho but he’s definitely pleased, although he wonders why the sudden change when it was not long ago that he decided he needs to think about it. “Knowing that Kkot-nim may be leaving on an overseas training, I woke up. It’s still uncertain if she will be going, but on hearing that, everything went dark before my eyes and my mind went blank. Only then did I realized that without Kkot-nim, it’s impossible to live.” Jae-ho gives his full support, he will go along with Sang-hyuk’s decision, whatever it is. Sang-hyuk informs him that he will be bringing Kkot-nim home for a formal introduction, Jae-ho jokingly asks, “so you’re telling me to go home early? Okay, I will be there to welcome both your arrival.” He thinks Grandma will be delighted, “but before you announce it, I will pretend that I know nothing of it.”

(5) That’s what you get for opening Pandora’s Box. Grandma gets the shock of a lifetime when she learns that Kkot-nim is Soon-ae’s daughter. Quickly, we learn a few things: (1) She financed the opening of the hospital for Joon-hyuk’s rehabilitative care, and this gives her privilege to look into staff background (that’s why she can work around the issue of confidentiality breach if you’re wondering); (2) Kkot-nim is well-appraised in her work and of character, and she’s among the five candidates who are shortlisted for the overseas training; (3) Director openly praised Grandma for approving the marriage (given Kkot-nim’s less privileged background) when she reveals the reason for needing to look at Kkot-nim’s résumé. She cites that times are different and she can’t possibly say no when her grandson wants it.

I feel there’s a need to point this out because it shows that Grandma did move on with time and she was sincere in accepting Kkot-nim – regardless of what drastic actions she will take in the future. Other than Sang-hyuk, no one knows that Kkot-nim doesn’t share a bloodline with Soon-ae, and the problem at hand now becomes an incest issue rather than just a ‘Soon-ae issue’. Of course, Grandma did consider that it was a case of identical names but by chance, she sees Kkot-nim and Soon-ae together, and that confirms her worst fear.

(6) Still unaware of the storm ahead, Sang-hyuk now seeks Soon-ae’s approval. She readily gives it, after the couple vows to stick through thick and thin come hell or high water. Sang-hyuk promises to treat Soon-ae as if he’s really her son, she tells him that it only matters to her that they live a happy life together. On the drive to his house, Kkot-nim is nervous that she’s probably not going to receive the okay, Sang-hyuk reassures her, reminding her that his grandmother and father are her super-fans. It isn’t doing much to reassure her, as she thinks, “liking me and accepting me as a daughter-in-law are separate matters.” He’s amused that she’s trembling, since he didn’t feel the least anxious when he visited her mother. “Don’t you know that it’s a completely different thing when the guy visits the girl’s family and the other way around?,” she educates him, then reminds him to stick close to her once she’s at his house.

(7) Soon-ae celebrates the good news with Mi-sook and Yong-pil. She’s overcome with memories of the past, mentions that she hasn’t done her best for Kkot-nim. The couple thinks otherwise – it’s because she’s kind that she has received a good son-in-law. Speaking to Soo-chul’s picture later, she reveals that her happiness is overflowing on knowing that Kkot-nim is getting married, she knows he’s happy too. “I’ve been through so much all this while. It’s okay if others don’t know that, but you should. Please tell me that I’ve been a good mother. Please say that I’ve done well.”

(8) Infected with Kkot-nim’s happiness, Soon-ae is reminded of Jae-ho, calls him. He tells her that his son is getting married soon, and witnessing his happiness, he’s often reminded of her, “I wondered why I never gave you such a happiness. Be it in the past or the present.” Soon-ae consoles him that she’s content that he’s now by her side. He vows to carry out a promise to her, and that moves Soon-ae to tears, “until the day I die, I’ll be by your side. No matter what happens. I will stick by this promise.”

(9) So, the happy couple arrives as Grandma mulls over the impossible relationship. And by know, we know too well about that look on her face…

All that done, this is a quick highlight about what’s happening in Chae-wan’s family. Ever since Chae-kyung caused her father to collapse, she sort of repented (even to the extent of giving Sang-hyuk her blessings and pouring her efforts into work), although mostly trying, not quite ingrained. But still, it’s effort. Chun-man, while shocked, had assumed blame for her willful character. He spent most of their childhood making money because he grew up in poverty and didn’t want his children going through the same impoverished lifestyle, this instead caused him to neglect their upbringing. The revelation indirectly planted guilt in Chae-kyung.

That episode was over, and along came another when he found out Young-ae lied. The diamond secret started since many episodes back. He noticed her diamond ring, and she lied it’s fake, went down with a pity story that he never bought her a diamond and he had the cheek to accuse her now. Out of guilt, Chun-man bought her a huge diamond ring. All was good until he accidentally found her diamond certification card (which he was looking for high and low but never found it) and it reignited the argument. In a fit, he threatens divorce unless she returns the ring for cash, she calls his dare, and in his agitated state, he collapses again…

Credit: https://dahyuhlawgs.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/my-daughter-flower-episode-69/

Archived