I'm happy today because...

Guest johnpatric

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok, I'm actually really happy today that I have to post here. Today I went to the fish market to get some bait to catch crabs with and they had spiny lobsters. As usual I wanted one, they're always so expensive $18/lb, ahhhh maybe I should just buy one, I've always wanted to, never tried them before. ok, I'm gonna get one- I thought to myself, but then I saw in the corner of my eye, they had some recently dead ones on ice for $15/lb. I have a lot of experience with seafood, especially crabs, and I gotta say, I know how to tell a fresh one from even a slightly decaying one pretty well using smell. All seemed fresh, which was great, I bought 3!!! Total came to $110, I finally get to try the lobsters now! I'm going to make 3 different dishes with them. but the lobster isn't exactly what I'm happy about. It's the fact that I spent over $100. wow, it never felt so great to spend a lot of money before, but it just felt GREAT!!! I felt so rich for once, and that I can use money to its full potential- bringing happiness. Oftentimes money can't do that, but it did today, which made me extra happy. I was so happy that I can finally have a proper moment to enjoy my riches... I squandered all my money in January, like over $1000 from parking tickets, car tows, and hospital fees. I was so sad that month because the New Year sucked and I recently got an awesome tutoring job landing me about $300/week, but I was NEVER able to use that money for good, it got wasted on stupid stuff like my car getting towed. but a month and a half later.. I have been steadily depositing $300 checks every week and last week I deposited $800 from 3 weeks of tutoring.. I can now FINALLY properly enjoy my earnings and spend money to make myself happy. yes, today was a good day.

Yesterday was similar, I spent $50 eating out, movies, and scuba diving. I rarely spend that much in a day, but man... I have the money and I really wanted to just splurge, treat myself, and enjoy for once. perhaps for this rare moment I am actually enjoying my single life~

Guest jubri_stv

I'm happy because winter is finally over! the air felt almost warm today, the sun got through the smog and there was some blue sky
I also had some good Korean food with friends and I signed up for soompi :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shooting_stars

I just realized that I will be giving my LAST group presentation as an undergrad tomorrow!!! AND there's only six weeks left of my undergrad career! 3 exams and 5 papers away from graduation!!! \:D/
And 2 weeks until I see my boyfriend! :x

• 2 weeks later...

I just gotta say that for once I am extremely satisfied with my weekend.. I didn't go crabbing this time, nah, instead I hung out with friends. yesterday I hung out with 2 friends from my pokemon club and we got sushi and then went to a Kmart and shopped for fun stuff, it was much more fun that it sounds haha. and then I met friends I hadn't seen in awhile and invited them over for crab tonight. I finally got around to finishing my skateboard design and needless to say it looks amazing as usual. I am so proud of my skateboard grip art omg, really worth all the time and effort I put into it. went skating for the first time in a couple months and was a little rusty at first, but after I got the hang of it and pulled out basic flip tricks and even a dolphin flip! wow, can't believe I still got it! but then again, I have been working on it for years... yeah, I'm glad I can still skate... anyways, the crabs, since I have so many, I figured why not. they came and we had an awesome time just chilling and talking. for once I looked forward to eating crab! recently I've had so much of it I got sick of it, but it was really good tonight. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest x0ny

I left my job of two years! Im unemployed for the next two weeks with no responsibilities! it feels awesome!

I went to the beach and even though it wasn't the best weather, I still enjoyed it. The weather was cold, cloudy and a little bit of sun. I love going to the beach, it's the feeling of looking towards the ocean and life just seems okay it just is just like the wave crashing towards the sand and that's beautiful.

Archived