[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

You are all so fast guys.... I have 10pages to read... :-bd Cant wait for Episode 18, Miyoungaaah!kiss quickly your namja Gunniesshi so he will not do silly things.... Okay? Fighting! Then 2 more episodes left,Thinking about it makes me more sad....

EP18 text preview
praying for kind soul to translate it
:((
18회
나 없이 살 자신 있으면 이번엔 내가 건이씨 진짜 놔줄게요

미영(장나라)은 건(장혁)의 곁에 있기로 결심하고 왕회장(박원숙)을 만난다. 한편, 건은 3개월 시한부 퇴임을 하기로 하고, 그 빈자리를 왕회장이 대신한다. 용모 (나영희)는 건에게 의문의 다이어리를 내미는데..

Guest 1.21Gigawatts

melcia said: The last drama I went crazy about, when it was airing, was Reply 1994. However, that time pales in comparison to my current FTLY obsession.  8-} I'm so emotionally invested in this show, that I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when it ends...

OMG I just finished watching this episode! It was soo good! The last half had me crying so hard, I felt MY's pain and guilt. I'm glad she finally discovered just how much geon went through while she was gone. Gosh, it was just so hear breaking to watch that video he made and watching MY cry ...ouch. I gotta hand it to the JANG hyuk and JN they are such talented actors and they make it so easy to feel their characters pains when they cry. When MY was holding he chest when crying, I did the same too haha!

Now... Let's get down to business and create more babies please!

Guest 1.21Gigawatts

snowflakesj16 said: I missed the live recaps cause I fell asleep only to wake up at 12 am in time when the raw video is out. Now it's 3am and I can't sleep. What to do?

We were all clamoring for Mi Young to get inside Geon's mancave and thankfully we got that. But more than just seeing Gae Dong's stuff still there, I loved the way they used the video recording as the way for Mi Young to know Geon's true feelings. Oh my! I didn't see that coming! What a way to reveal Geon's feelings! The writers have been really consistent about Geon's character not being able to say his true feelings to Mi Young all the while - so it had to be revealed through the video recordings, for himself at that! Well done. She didn't see the printed articles about her yet didn't she? The last part where he was screaming, "How can I tell her not to leave?" was just ... I don't know how to describe it. That part was more than enough to let her know how he truly feels about her. When Mi Young came to return the money Geon paid for the painting, and the note Lee Young Ja left with it, I think she was somehow hoping that he'll say something to confirm what she has just discovered (that he's been single all the while and could be that he still cares for her). But the coward Geon just can't do that, though inside he was really screaming "How can I make you stay?".
Some were asking why Mi Young hadn't met Ji Yeon earlier, and now we have our answer. It's all about the timing. She was the key for Mi Young to question Geon's feelings and his true intention for breaking up with her all over again, add to that the note from Lee Young Ja.. And the lawyer, how he's struggling to tell Mi Young the truth but ended up dropping the recorder in her bag. Eh, what happened to client confidentiality? But we don't mind at all! 
The interview scene was sorta Mi Young's confession to Geon even before knowing how he really truly feels about her and about why he broke up with her. The gaze they shared during that scene was so spot on, it's like Mi Young was telling him personally that she believes in him and is thankful to him (though she referred to him as Unnie), as (s)he has been there for her at the time when she thinks she was at a slump.
Se Ra and Daniel! I'm so glad that they weren't turned into evil siblings and were redeemed (so far) especially Se Ra. I think now that she's finally revealed to Mi Young about her fault in the past, she can start off with a clean slate, so I hope that we'll get to see her happy with her Oppa. I want to see the siblings together after knowing the truth even before the last episode cause I think that from where their story picked off, some things have yet to happen for Daniel to discover that she is his sister, plus the need to confirm that. 
In the preview, Mi Young caught Geon off guard, she's urging him to tell her the truth in front of the press, when he can't even confess when they're alone together. It's like she's saying "You're busted now, I know you don't want me to go" but he wasn't prepared for it, maybe that's why he gave her that "killer glare". I didn't get what the press con was all about. Was it instigated by that guy who see's Yong's mother, after knowing about Geon and his non-existent-anymore illness? If so, will we be getting a public revelation from Mi Young the way Geon did for her when she was humiliated by Lawyer Min in one of the charity gala they attended previously? I would love to see one like that, where Mi Young will say something like "This guy, broke up with me three years ago, because he didn't want me to suffer with him", something like that. The writers can do better with the lines, of course. I can almost breath a huge sigh of relief after seeing the preview for Episode 18, for it seems we'll be seeing the rainbow after the rain. I don't even want to think that next week's episodes are the last, but all things must come to an end. 
Isn't there a scene in the preview for Episode 17 where Geon was screaming "I really like you"? I'm wondering if Mi Young will get to see that in one of his videos too. 

I feel very positive vibes coming for ep18. I think we can only go up from here on out, even if Gun turns out to have HD.. I love it that it's his mom('s diary) that will play a key role in his succumbing to his happiness. That's a full circle in the script and I can't get over how thoughtful and full of depth that makes the writers. I can see Miyoung going all in in showing him that there's still hope (the poker chip!) and that, in this world there is nothing that's impossible. Knowing Gun, he'll have a difficult time coming to accept this, hence we see him moving away from her open affection and hand-holding. Hehe! But he will be touched, nonetheless (we see his watery eyes when he looks at her with a slight smile). That hug is going to be the warmest hug in his whole wide world!

Guest snowflakesj16

Thanks for posting the link to the extended Episode 18 preview @maneuneun_1. Looks like it's gonna be Se Ra who'll find out that Daniel is her brother?! Finally we'll be seeing some progress on their part. And, we'll get to see the snail couple back together again! 

I thought i m going to watch a overly acting comedy drama  but i was wrong!!! applause to the actor and actress they really save this drama!!! actually the plot is kinda old but with such amazing cast it's given life to the character.... they act with so much emotion ~~~   

*saving the screen caps and gifs like crazy*

After watching FTLY and following their shooting schedule on this thread, I appreciate the actors even more. It must've been super tiring with all that heart wrenching emotions, crying and sleepless nights day after day. They have to be in character even when taking naps in between. Talking about perfection. Although there are parodies and cliches like most kdramas, they've set the benchmark so high it's difficult for others to surpass.

I already feel numb after 2-3 crying sessions, but these actors =D>

Reflections and comments on episode 17If I didn't love Gun, Lee Gun so much, I would totally hate him in just this one episode @ scene one.  His coldness and harshness to MY crushes me.  It reminds me of GJP in Boys Over Flowers when he tells GJD, "You are a stain I want to erase."  Fortunately, Gun's words don't cut as sharply as that, but it's a close second.  Standing in front of MY, holding the picture of GD and saying, "It's just a picture." No wonder MY yanks it out of his hands and then tries to protect it after LG leaves. I know he's lying, but it's not Gun's character to lie. He's an upfront kind of guy. I never thought of him as cruel.  I thought he and MY shared that same innate kindness that protects others, but this scene was a very bitter pill to swallow.  
It did seem that Gun chose his response based on MY's reaction.  It seemed that he decided right then, at that moment, which direction he was going with his comeback based on how MY confronted him.  If she would have chosen softness over harshness, I think he would have responded likewise.  He had stepped toward her, then when her answer came, he stepped back, paused, thought about it, and then began to give his answer.
Pointless board meeting that took up precious time that could have been spent on the DP/SR story line or OTP,
I loved the scene with LG/SR!  I'm watching a man spiral downward.  I can see him swirling, drowning.  I see the resignation and hopelessness.  It's not about SR at all, but it's like he is cutting ties with everyone and every thing.  
DP and SR look so much alike, that I could believe they are real life siblings. 
The writers focused on Gun's disease and last will and testament so much this episode that it makes me a little nervous for a happy ending and any return of fun and hijinks. I stopped watching K-movies because one of the main characters always died at the end.  I just don't want death, disease, and disaster for our OTP.  If any two people in dramaworld deserve a bright and happy future without all of this darkness swirling around them and their future, it's Gun and Mi Young.  They are so loveable and adorable!
That note tucked into GD's picture was precious.
The scene with LG and MY in his office was so painful!  LG doesn't dare to look at MY or he knows he will cave.
The elder needs to give up! JangIn under the leadership of Gun, Lee Gun has made so much profit for all of the shareholders.  LG had already raised the stock prices 5X at the beginning of the drama, and has only achieved more since they tried to oust him in episode 11. I'm sorry, but in real life, if that kind of profit is happening with your company, your job is safe. Why would a board even listen to you when you've done nothing to prove you could handle the company any better. I'm ready for the elder to get hit by the random vehicle at a crosswalk.   
Still don't like SeRa.  There was no sincerity or humility in her "apology".  I would call it a confession.  She's not sorry she did what she did.  She knows there's no future with Gun for sure now, so she's purging her conscience. She may even secretly hope it hurts MY just a little bit more.  Oh, and "I know something about Gun that you don't and I'm not going to tell you." reminds me of kindergartners on the playground saying "Na na na na na!" and sticking out their tongue at each other.  SeRa, please leave for parts unknown asap!  If I didn't want a happy ending for DP so much...
Are we going to have quadruplets or quintuplets of the prenatal class teacher?  Really?  She was funny though.
That was a long time to be on the elevator, Gun.  MY and the hostess went to have tea before the program when you boarded the elevator, yet when you leave the elevator, the interview has already shown a clip and is in progress.  Love drama-time.
The way MY talks to LG by way of the interview reminds me of when she returned home after "runaway wife mode".  It's the first glimpse of the true MiYoung I've seen in many episodes.  Her core is kindness and when she displays it, she is very, very beautiful.  When Gun leaves the scene, JH makes just the smallest hint of a smile, just an itty-bitty lifting of one corner of his mouth.  Perfection.
I don't find the scene at the restaurant humorous.  It's painful.  This whole episode is p-a-i-n-f-u-l.
Love the scene at GD's accident site.  Superb!
Bawl and Squall the rest of the episode.  I can't even...When LG is at the memorial for his parents, the tears just start.  Why, writers?  Why? and it just gets heavier and heavier the rest of the episode.  
The one thing I wish the writers would have never introduced into the story is Huntington's Disease. My heart will always hurt even with a happy ending knowing that HD is lurking in Gun, Lee Gun's life.  Words fail me.
I am still Fated to Love This Drama and I'm oh so glad to have made the journey up to now with all of you.:x=((