[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

my streaming is jumping again. TT TTMY drawing. little girl and mommy pic?little girl is like the pic that LG buy.DP with her and they talk about something.LG in his house open a packageit's MY drawing that he bought. so he got it at last. kkkMY on the bus. *jumping scene againLG with ST and LY talking about business plan.yes, they want to find a new designer.here we go, Ellie Kim pic. LOL at LG lovesick look.

Guest Maricel Veluz

Uh, I agree that "Daniel" type of character has broad appeal, but to say broader appeal based on previous career....

Let's not compare actor's previous works. In that logic, "Geon" in his previous drama has gotten 45% ratings in major channel, that's among top 5 miniseries since the year 2000 if I remember correctly, and that was his first time doing first male lead ever. And then he got 35% again in Chuno, the drama people say JH hard-carried it, and the drama is still called legendary. And there are tons of other dramas where he got successful ratings...I mean, 14 dramas, and only one drama with one-digit ratings. Super rare achievement in drama world. Compare it in any way, JH will still win, but comparing is kinda pointless to begin with cuz JH has 17 years of acting career with 14 dramas, whereas CJH is a promising rookie actor. Couple of supporting roles before, one lead role in cable, and first second-lead in major channel. It's kind of unfair to CJH to start the comparison at all. He is doing a great job as a second lead, and is receiving lots of love, hopefully he'll grow as more presenced actor from now on.

And 5% in cable is indeed very good, and it is true that 5% in cable is equivalent to much higher number in major channel, but you can't just directly apply the converter. Cable can only target the target audience, but it's harder to raise ratings in major channel cuz it includes the whole population.  There's a reason why everybody's trying to go to major channel. The amount of people who watch and the level of responses, broadness of audience is incomparable. And from what I see, I don't think FTLY is doing in any way worse than Emergency Couple currently.

Call me biased or anything, but I think there's no point of comparison between CJH and JH, in my honest opinion. Aside from the fact that JH has been in the business longer that CJH has, the undebatable fact that JH's versatility as an actor is greater.(at least at the moment). Both of them are handsome and hot, but remove those factors and what's left is the talent - is there a need to say who's got the advantage? Just stating my opinion, others are entitled to their own, I believe.

But then again, at least fans of FTLY should be grateful of CHJ agreeing to do a second male lead role...we can't deny the fact that his presence somehow aided fir this show to be loved as much as it is now

MY on the bus and she gets a call from someone.
Geon's brother doing a presentation for Geon and recommends MY for a project. Geon says no way. The brother is trying to convince him to do it.
MY is with her family eating a meal. I think omma complains about MY's weight. They ask MY something and she replies. The phone rings.
MY meeting up with Geon's brother and Geon comes by and is a bit surprised to see her there. The brother talks about the project and Geon tells him to stop it. The brother leaves.
Geon and MY discuss something. He asks if she's been doing well and she says yes. He says something and gets up to leave. Geon stops her and asks a question. MY replies and  geon laughs. MY says something and Geon laughs. I think she says she's not the same person any more not sure. MY says something and leaves.
MY is off somewhere and says she did well. She gets off and overhears two people(the 'sister' and a man)discuss something. 

hmmm, jumping scene again. aigooo...MY eat with omma. cut to LG and MY meeting.those two culprit. LOL

*laggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggthe good thing is it's lag on JH face. well, not much to complaint. :)) :))well, if it's keep lagging i'll end up pressing my nose to JH lips later.5...4...3...2...hahaha it's moving.

To interrupt live summaries, but ep 13 made me cry T,T *sniff*The drawing...beautiful and painful. Gunnie talking to Gaedong and, hey, he still keeps the baby bed in his room?
REUNITE, MY SHIP.Daniel...is so sweet that it looks unrealistic.
Gun's laugh...And the painting. This episode made me cry more than the last two episodes did.T_T Episode 14, please be touching too~

The discussion was on current appeal, not appeal 10 to 20 years ago. There is no dispute that JH had immense broad appeal 10 to 20 years ago, even 5 years ago, but viewer tastes have changed dramatically in the last 5 years. Case in point is JGS who had successes in the 2000s, but none recently. Can one really post that the 1st lead has the IT factor and stomped all over the 2nd lead, when other dramas on Wednesdays and Thursdays this year have achieved >25% and >28%, and the current rating is 11.5%? 

Didnt want to say this, but yes since u said to look at "current appeal"...doesnt it explain itself when one was casted as a male lead and the other second lead? Why make difficult comparison of comparing over diff dramas? Casting directors would have better decision of analyzing the appeals, its their money on stake. Dont get me wrong I like CJH, but Im just responding since u were trying to specifically put JHG "over" Jang Hyuk. it is not 10 or 20 yrs ago, it is right now at this moment that he was chosen as a male lead.

The sister, Daniel and MY are eating at a restaurant. The sister mentions something about marriage and Daniel seems surprised. He leaves to go somewhere and MY turns to the sister and tells her something. The sister seems uncomfortable(I think MY tells her not to play games with Daniel). She gets angry and starts shouting at MY and they struggle. Some plates and glasses break and the 'sister' is shocked to see Daniel standing there!! She runs away.

Daniel is in shock and MY comforting him.
Daniel remembers his childhood with his sister. She asked for ice cream and he ran to buy some only to return and not find her where he left her. 
MY  talks to him and comforts him some more.

Just saw ep 13, and omaigat with the GOD "To Mother" parody hilarious !!! this drama is tugging my heart one moment I wanted to laugh out loud and the other I wanted to cry.... the relationship Gun keeps with MY's mother is just too precious ....

:x
Looks like stepbro. Lee Yong or Dragon as Gunnie calls him will play Cupid for our Snail Couple.I really love him in this episode. I knew all along that Choi Woo Shik will never act evil in this drama as his features will never allow it.
BTW, as FTLY is very popular, it is highly usual that there'll be lagging for many sites!

Daniel says something to MY and she replies. He says something else and they stare at each other. 

MY is up thinking at night and gets a message from the 'buyer'. She replies and he asks a question. This is so cute!!! He says something and MY looks at her mother sleeping and leaves. MY goes outside to continue sending messages. The two are having a discussion and I think MY is telling him something maybe about Daniel. He is shocked and doesn't know what to say. He asks a question and MY replies. He asks another thing and seems to give her some advice. She laughs and asks a question. He replies.
 Secretary Tak comes by and asks about the project and Ellie Kim. Geon tries to freeze him but it doesn't work. Geon is surprised. Lol!!!
MY is with some people and helping them out with the art I think. She gets a message from Daniel.
Geon is looking at a picture of MY and says something. He gets a message from MY and I think she wants to meet. He is excited and leaves.
MY is with Daniel who is making art with sand. Oh no.....he may be proposing!!!

Can I please appeal that everyone stop arguing about which actor has the greater appeal? It doesn't make sense because we'll all be partial to our bias. In that case, obviously @hunterdd prefers CJH and @gumi prefers JH.

And perhaps @hunterdd can illuminate me on which drama in the Wed-Thurs time slot achieved ratings of >25% this year? I did a lengthy Google search, but I'm afraid I can't find any...

I dont care about prefernces. In fact all my friends in real life prefer CJH over JH and I have no problem with it, we get along well. But im not the type who lets a nonsense go without answered. Hunterdd was obviously making a ridiculous case not about preference but about some facts, so I just had to respond. Now she is saying becuz the drama has ratings of 11.5 it proves JH doesnt have appeal anymore...she successfully argued that Cho In Sung, Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Jun Ki, Nam Sang Mi, Kwon Sang Woo, Choi Jo Woo and all the other stars "not appealing" anymore and CJH is better than all of them...what an ignorant way of deciding "appeal" apparently in her world ratings is decided only by a stars appeal, thus she successfully ignored all the works of director and writers as well.