[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest penniekandi

ChelseaS said:I'm Asian and parents do hit their children when they are young (not that it's right, but it's a common thing), not when they are fully-grown. I find all the hitting here disturbing, especially when the mom hits Mi Young and drags her around. She's pregnant for godsake!

Ahhh . . . Now, Gun's unusual antics is understandable since it's probably related to his Huntington's Chorea disease..  And, why Gun was talking about 20 years.  

The acting by Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara and Wang Ji Won are so powerful that one can really feel for the characters.  =D>

:-B I second the motion.....the ACTING is AMAZING ....you completely forget who the actors are..because .they have become The characters....for anyone thinking of skipping this episode...I recommend watching rather than skipping because you'll really appreciate the love that MY and LG have for each other when they make up in the later episodes.

Today's episode was really hard for me It was really sad when Geon did not recognize Mi Young I love the end Geon is souvenis IM Young and his wife snail mother of his child It was really touching As said the heart never lies not The episode tomorrow will be very hard Mi Young should not lose their children even if they can have another its not change they will always have this pain So they should not lose the mini Geon We need to pray for this little baby !!!!

Guest ferlydee

Hi, newbie, been there, been here, everywhere, lol.  Can't help but unlurk due to all your posts and much as I wanted to watch the episode today I might as well wait for tomorrow's one.  I like this drama and I want to have a wonderful feeling watching it, not being sad or stressed out, lol.  But thanks for all your comments, just by reading it, I think I have watched today's episode already, tee hee.Okay see this tomorrow and thanks for the space.  

@penniekandi: Regarding hitting in dramas, I can't justify it at all; no matter if you're 1 or 100. It doesn't come across as affectionate in any way, shape, or form to me.. That's why I thought it might be different than how I view it as a non-Asian. Thanks for your insight. I still can't reconcile myself to it, but I have understanding. And thanks to all other responders. Your insights are appreciated.

ChelseaS, loved the vidoes on page 342.. My weekly contributor thanks.. A big  >:D< from me to you..
Well haven't watched yet and just seeing one of chelseas videos has me heartbroken poor Lg.. Now him getting his memory back and pulling away from Sera she should know it's over between the two of them he would never love or look at her the same.. So she wanted to stand on stage taking a mans love for granted and being selfish I say get your ballerina shoes and head to where ever your next gig maybe it's over   

Guest Kdrama-lover

I'm back but I haven't finished reading still.. yet getting impatient and want to somehow join in the discussion.. Wow, I'm so surprised and glad as well to read so many great insights here.. You make me assess, understand and appreciate more and more how great this drama is.. and to think that it is even without eng subs.. what more without the language barrier.. well, Love is really universal.
   Be back in a while after collecting my thoughts and thinking what and how to react on all your posts.. 
   FTLY Daebak all the way!

I watched the episode & Really touched me I am crying the pain was made very beautiful by both I love MY I LOVE Her she deserves Kind Man like LG who won't forget his wife bcz Sera or  accident the love inside his heart made by this woman who loves him so she can sacrifice & bear everything from him .
Sera if I were you I will let this whole matter to go bcz 1st I have dignity to not to let myself to be pathetic bcz I have beautiful career .

Today's episode title (  The love is painful )

The last question why is  Sera the 1st one in the hospital & why is she the one who should know about LG condition not his wife from the Dr? where is the Doctor-Patient Confidentiality ?

Thanks to all recappers :)
:)>-

Guest Kdrama-lover

Can't help but RFLMAO because of some of the posts here.. well I for one need these to momentarily forget the angst coming our way tomorrow.. here goes.. 
@~dakieEe613~
  i love reading all the comments here specially when the soompiers are debating, they get heated hahaha, it feels like everyone are inside the court house seating and doing "objection your honour!" *that's how i narrate each individual voices in my head when i read comments here* i want to join the debate too but i'm not good with words if i join, i will end up saying "aaarrgghhh... hmmm..hmmm.. you know that one and that" and few more unidentified words that haven't been discovered by humans image which will make other readers frustrated so i will just leave the debating to the great debaters here.. while i enjoy watching FTLY and clicking awesome/lol button here image 
@demarchelier
Haha....other kdrama tropes...chaebol falling in love with the kind-hearted heroine from a lower socioeconomic background, someone studyng/working abroad, evil mothers/stepmothers, saintly second lead guy, birth secret (who is Daniel's sister?), love triangles/squares, possible terminal illness. At this rate FTLY will have included everything but the kitchen sink. =))

@chunnogirl33
How can people have so many opinions without having watched the episode with subs? =))

Guest reedtrip82

What the rating ? People can complain all they want , even if they want to drop the drama because of the anmesia plot blah blah . If they enjoy it this far why give up so easily ? Remember what Gun said , You have to be super glue , ppl!

only1khj said: @Ldy Gmerm:  Some reason for me I blame the Secretary , the doctor , his granny and even MY for not telling the man the truth and trying to spare him.(His family and WIFE should have been the ones around him the most not Se Ra!)  
I agree 100%!  Grandma Wang seems like a totally irrelevant character.  I hope she shines in the second half of this drama.  
Could someone tell me why parents slap, hit, and yell at their grown children?  Is this common in Asian cultures?  It's very disturbing for me.  
I couldn't tell what Daniel was saying to Lee Gun, but I think he was the hero in this episode.  
This is great FATE, watching with all of you.  Keep the comments coming!  

Guest princesscinderella

i really love this drama.. i know the last episode was heartbreaking but we have to be patient because there will be more to come..we should expect the unexpected because after all, the miscarriage is part of the original plot..well on a deeper note we have to be happy because after this episode we now know that gun really loves mi young...he may be confused before but  now because of what happened i think he can clearly understand his own feelings...one thing about this drama that i like the most is that it never fails to capture the hearts of the viewers.. sometimes it can be funny and sometimes it can be sad..i can say that the plot of this kr version is unpredictable and that's the reason why it's more exciting than the tw version..i love lee gun! or should i say jang hyuk.. he is genius actor! we have to commend his great acting.. he transformed into a great rom-com actor apart from being an established action/historical star...i also love jang nara... what a great couple! i'll surely stick to this drama until the end..^_^ everything is perfect but it's just so hard to wait for the next episode.. after that it will be another whole week of waiting...=(

These writers! One word: AWESOME!! They knew the fans would hate the amnesia plot, so they poke fun at it themselves! It's like an indirect apology to us. Love it! Well done to the entire staff of FtLY! I love almost every single thing about this drama: the brightness and lightness are fabulous! I do have one tiny criticism: the OTP's bedroom. Whomever was the set designer or decorator for that particular part has fallen far short of what I imagine a chaebol would live in. It doesn't speak luxury to me. Otherwise, I'm buying the story they are trying to tell me and that stuff really doesn't matter that much. It just makes for good discussion. FtLY, Fighting!

watched episode 11 raw and I don't understand Korean...so I don't really know what was specifically said but only what their actions implied.

like most of the members here, I cringed a bit when I learned that they were bringing in the amnesia factor. what comforted me was the fact that most of my beloved Korean dramas have an element of amnesia in them. FTLY now joins that league.

for me, LG needed to forget so he can be slapped of the truth, of who MY is in his life now. remember he told MY once that in his life, there is only room for SR? now he just left that girl and ran to MY, leaving behind SR without any apologies nor a regretful backward glance. also, this episode gave me one of the most unforgettable scene from a Korean drama. LG driving while reliving recent memories of MY, no words needed (I wouldn't understand them anyway) yet you know he's so sorry he forgot (albeit temporarily) about his family, as he calls out for MY and GD...

if I had been holding any award for best actor right now, I would have handed it to Jang Hyuk. no doubt about it.

Guest reedtrip82

Yeah, I like the driving scene. He see himself holding the candy and he kept it all these time, even after they parted and before he know she pregnant. And the then he start crying for his snail and baby. That was sooooo sad