[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Sunset90 said: I have a question:
Do you think MY felt hurt and sad when LG used the ring he bought for SeRa for the wedding. I understand that MY wore it the first, but a ring bought for someone else... don't think it would have made her sad?  :-?

@wchild453 @haymochi -- kind of strange but for me, SeRa throwing her career for her love life now actually makes sense. appreciate that they didn't follow the original by her having an injury and and here it is an active choice that she has made. know how difficult it is take a break from a well-loved job personally but sometimes one need takes priority over another and there are no regrets about it because one weighs what is more important for oneself and recognizes that something has to be sacrificed in order to gain something else. from what we have seen, SeRa seems to have been pushed into ballet by her mother. it may not have been something she necessarily wanted for herself. with the chat with her friend, we see that she desperately wanted to turn back the clock because she realized that she wanted Gun more. it is no secret that she won't get Gun but sometimes, trying for something you want is more important than the result. when you have tried, there are no regrets and so one is free to move on to something else after it has failed. but when you don't try, the regret can haunt you.....

I'm 100% sure that LG didn't do anything with Sera the night of her return. That would be totally against character and it's one thing he despised about his father. He would never cheat on his wife, which is MY in his eyes, if not in his heart at that time.

songielove said:

@lclarakl‌ My thoughts too regarding Gun's reaction to his unidentifiable (to him at least) feelings and magnetic body tendencies towards Mi Young. Surely, Sera has never seen this other person coming out of Gun, right? Haha. Is it strange that I never thought that he slept with Sera that evening? I'm just simply thought her return made it all the more uncomfortable for him and MY to be together because they were getting to a very blissful point in their bonding. out how to set the forums to mobile view. Thus, having a hard time formatting my posts. Bare with me while I figure it out. XD

I have a question:

Do you think MY felt hurt and sad when LG used the ring he bought for SeRa for the wedding. I understand that MY wore it the first, but a ring bought for someone else... don't think it would have made her sad? 

:-?

I agree with you. I thought the she looked sad during the wedding scene when she was given the ring meant for SR.

A very interesting discussion to get up to first thing on a Saturday morning, thank you all! A big thanks to @ChelseaS for the lovely stills which proved again that I need to go back to school, just as soon as I can read what school it is on her blazer.
A quick word regarding the relationship between MY and Daniel versus the original. I'll put this in spoilers, even though it's really talking about something that didn't happen:
Others have summed up very well what their relationship became in the T-version, she never actually fell for him. I do understand @viyra's concern though, because that whole "will she/won't she" segment of the original was very frustrating for me. She liked him as a friend and decided to agree to become his girlfriend out of weariness and loneliness and a desire to ease the pain caused by Cun Xi, but never loved him, and said as much. BUT that was in the very much longer  original and I just don't see this Drama as having the time to go there. These writers have done a superb job so far of keeping the core of the story while trimming much of the bloat and modifying both characters and some plot elements, so I don't see them wasting our time with that very dragged out "wavering" that in the end really wasn't. 
Now if you'll all  excuse me, I need to research how to enrol in Seoul high schools as a 46-year old foreign student with way less than 46 words of Korean. 

Daniel needs to back off seriously! His messing with MY head too much, just because her name is the same as his sister's he decided on impulse to treat her as his younger sister. So in my opinion he doesn't have the right to treat her more than that she is married after all, it doesn't matter how she came to be married but she is and anyone who doesn't realize that MY and Gun like each other is stupid, especially if that anyone is DANIEL. I mean he doesn't even know why Gun couldn't meet MY but he started to diss the guy. They are a married couple who need time to work out their relationship/issues on their own therefore he doesn't really need to involve himself and they have a baby on the way which makes them a family for god's sake, then pray tell me where does he fit in this equation! Nowhere that's where. 
SR has a scar on her shoulder, does that mean she's DP sister? oh god I don't think I'm into this kind of story lines where the siblings try to break up a couple. I understand SR wanting to get back with LG but I don't like where DP feeling are heading or already are. Anyway I love MY & LG so much that I smile all the way through their scenes :D I have to say though I preferred LG old hairstyle, he seems old fashioned with this new one lol 

@EmoA I don't want to go into spoilers here, but IF they are siblings, remember that IF that's true, neither of them knows it So it would not be  "siblings trying to break up a couple" it would be a case of "two people who happen to be siblings separately chasing the object of their affections". ONLY IF they are siblings, of course. 

@Iclaraki

I prefer this iteration of the male lead bc I hated the way the TW male lead treated the female lead. He acted like she intentionally targeted him and planned to get pregnant. Gun's behavior works for me because even though he's still emotionally tied up with SeRa, hence his big break down, he knows that the whole thing is an accident and that fault is on both sides if there is any. It keeps him open minded to the whole thing that's developing between them, plus there's his mysterious illness which must put his mortality at the forefront of his mind.

wchild453 said: @Iclaraki

I prefer this iteration of the male lead bc I hated the way the TW male lead treated the female lead. He acted like she intentionally targeted him and planned to get pregnant. Gun's behavior works for me because even though he's still emotionally tied up with SeRa, hence his big break down, he knows that the whole thing is an accident and that fault is on both sides if there is any. It keeps him open minded to the whole thing that's developing between them, plus there's his mysterious illness which must put his mortality at the forefront of his mind.

EmoA said: Daniel needs to back off seriously! His messing with MY head too much, just because her name is the same as his sister's he decided on impulse to treat her as his younger sister. So in my opinion he doesn't have the right to treat her more than that she is married after all, it doesn't matter how she came to be married but she is and anyone who doesn't realize that MY and Gun like each other is stupid, especially if that anyone is DANIEL. I mean he doesn't even know why Gun couldn't meet MY but he started to diss the guy. They are a married couple who need time to work out their relationship/issues on their own therefore he doesn't really need to involve himself and they have a baby on the way which makes them a family for god's sake, then pray tell me where does he fit in this equation! Nowhere that's where.