[Drama 2014] Repentance / A New Leaf 改过迁善 개과천선

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChoBap

Yup, I agree. You could say it's healthy to have some idols in a drama. They do balance out... In the case of The Chaser, they had a very good plot line that was detailed and great actors that lived up to each role. We have a more familiar story (not really..) but I don't think this drama is as dramatic as The Chaser. Who knows.. But I have no doubts that this writer and PD will disaapoint. But I heard how the writer is a bit crazy sometimes? Considering what she said about her past drama Golden Time?

So they cast Park Min Young as the leading lady. OK, I am surprised because I had in mind a more ”mature”/ experienced actress but reading about her part I think she is suited for the role. Anyway, I`m already expecting a great dynamic/story between Kim sang Joong and Kim Myung Min. They are my OTP.  :))  (It will be the same as City Hunter for me). I hope that the romance is kept to the minimum, a sunbae-hoobae relationship and that`s it. Both will learn some lessons in life. I will like that. But we`ll see.

I agree about these idols casting in so many dramas. I wish they give young actors a chance. But I don`t mind if they cast them as supporting characters. I really doubt that idols bring ratings. I want to believe that a fresh story and good performance can do wonders but what do I know? It is possible that they want an easy way to gain more money but using an unknown young actor, a good one, could be valuable in the long term. 

asyree said: Why is it that TV always think they need to sardine-packed their series with idol girl/boy so much? Just so they can pull much wider demography from the audience? So then youngsters may find interest and tune in to watch the series? Ahjummas will find it hard to change their channel coz these fresh young good looking kiddos will surely shower their dry boring days and entertain their tired eyes? Yeah ..... of coz they're all rhetoric questions, but c'mon!!!

And what's with the trend of noona-dongsaeng, ahjussi-young girls and hoobae-sunbae romantic relationship? Do they think same age group relationship just can't work? Coz it works yunno. Why is it so hard to see ahjussi or let's say it seasoned experienced veteran actors/actresses act alongside and romance their fellow same age counterparts? it's not that I go against any young stars here in this drama or that i want other particular actresses to play here but once, please, once in a while, just trust those real brilliant acting talent to shine by their own without the need to decorate them anymore. Coz my gawd, those actors already know what they do!

Sorry for the rant. Really. But hell yeah, I mean what I say.

Guest ChoBap

Yup @mimi26 We need to stay positive. Gosh.. I just want a trailer or something.... pictures?? -__- I can't wait any longerr 

@ChoBap hahaha. whoopsie. that controversy >.< i remmber that 'curse' ~~ ;)) ;)) hahaa. she is a  lil bit 'crazeeey'. :D but., i dont care about her -.-' and who will be next to curse by her.have no high expectations thoo :P as long as there is no makjang , and great performances by the casts , im ok :)the only reason im here is bcoz of the cast. they have kmm and ksj *now pmy* as the main. what can i say more? =D>
anyway, when is the first script reading?  :-?? who knows?? :o

ChoBap said: Yup, I agree. You could say it's healthy to have some idols in a drama. They do balance out... In the case of The Chaser, they had a very good plot line that was detailed and great actors that lived up to each role. We have a more familiar story (not really..) but I don't think this drama is as dramatic as The Chaser. Who knows.. But I have no doubts that this writer and PD will disaapoint. But I heard how the writer is a bit crazy sometimes? Considering what she said about her past drama Golden Time?

In Gyo-jin in "A New Leaf"

photo418941.jpg

Actor In Gyo-jin is starring in the new MBC drama "A New Leaf".

According to his agency, In Gyo-jin takes on the role of Park Sang-tae, a funny character who is Kim Seok-joo's (Kim Myeong-min) junior lawyer, full of life and reckless.

In Gyo-jin says, "I am glad to be in this drama as a lawyer and I'll work hard to bring inspiration to the fans".

In Gyo-jin starred in dramas, "I Need Romance 2012", "The Horse Healer", "Guam Heo Jun" and more. He recently starred in the MBC drama "Sly and Single Again" as doctor #1 in the TV show "Mates".

Meanwhile, "A New Leaf" is about an elite lawyer who loses his memory in an accident, looking back on the life which he'd been living, he realizes his mistakes and digs a new path.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

cre: hancinema

Guest ChoBap

Yup, I'm just excited for the drama :3 
Ahn Sun young update via Twitter.  
"A New Leaf~" Fighting~Getting to meet new flower boys every time What fortune :) Minhyuk, I mean, Jin Hyukiee Fighting~~ 
Bjo910UCAAAIxQy.jpg

mimi26 said: I read up on the writer's controversy once you mentioned it. But who knows the real behind the scenes? I don't care even if the writer has a temper and is eccentric as long as the script is good. She may have also learnt from the previous experience. And the dramas she wrote have been successful, right? Hopefully, she will have a better working relationship with the cast this time around.

larus said: mimi26 said: I read up on the writer's controversy once you mentioned it. But who knows the real behind the scenes? I don't care even if the writer has a temper and is eccentric as long as the script is good. She may have also learnt from the previous experience. And the dramas she wrote have been successful, right? Hopefully, she will have a better working relationship with the cast this time around.

Guest ChoBap

Hopefully. I believe it was to the point where Golden Time wanted a Season 2, but really, if the writer bashes the actors.... I don't think anyone would be willing to work with her after that... o.o. But she is talented :D 

Guest asyree

It's funny that the whole/general idea of this drama reminds me so much with King Of Dramas. KMM's Anthony who then turns into a much better and more humane person after he hit rock bottom, so similar with KMM here who after his amnesia also taps his humanity and changes as well. JRW's Lee Go Eun with her talent and idealism sounds so much like what PMY's character. The funny junior lawyer played by Lee Gyo Jin reminds with PD Park, Anthony's assistant. It's just another clash between World Production and Empire Production with their parallel universe when they're turn into lawyers though I think New Leaf won't really go all meta and not as sarcastic as KoD.

Let's see what kind of world this time Kim Myung Min creates. Can't wait *brushing hands enthusiastically

Guest ChoBap

LOL. So true. Don't forgot about the crazy writer Jung in KOD who wrote Elegant Revenge.. She's basically out writer for A New Leaf. 

Guest blossomnagr

To be honest I haven't watched any movies/doramas with Kim Myung Min and didn't know much about his acting. I started to be interested in him because of this dorama since I am a fan of Min Young. Reading all the comments/info which I found about Kim Myung Min makes me proud that Min Young decided to join this project and will work with such a great actor. I believe she has a good potential to move forward and broadan her professional skills. Hope PD and writer do their best in making this dorama great.  I really have a high expectation from it.

As everyone else in this thread looking forward to this dorama.

Archived