[Drama 2014] ♈♦ Hotel King ♕ 호텔킹 ♦♈

Maetawinz

@hergurlc, welcome here. You are so right this is totally different, the feeling is unique because this couple is unique and we had so much memories with :x
@samzz, I agree that hotel staff surely like LDW :)) I really hoped they could give us a picture for Dahae too or the best would be of them together ^^
@bexyahmed, thanks dear for that picture :x
@dvee_yong, YES ME TOO want to see more of our cast T_T
And here is a video Seulong posted on his instagram 2 days ago from the filming location. The weather is surely so cold there !!!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjgxMDQ0MTk2.html
It seems that I misunderstood the news about AOA Seolhyun, and it seems she won't be acting in "Hotel King". I actually saw this coming with the news about her Joining LMH movie and then leg injury ;) and was surprised when I thought she will continue with her role here :)) anyway now I am thinking who will play this role now???

• Replies 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AQ and samzz thanks dear for pic updates and video.
Seeing LDW in the pic i can see his cold expression so are we going to see another snow man again cold from outside and warm from inside.

Ah and that name tag of idol is so cute .I guess after watching this drama these hotel is going to more famous .I would love to visit it such a nice place to stay.

AQ may be LDH part of shooting in resort hasn't started yet ,she will take charge after the crisis in hotel so not sure whether she is already shooting there and we are not getting pic .Last time the other actress posted the pic with Episode 3 script .
But hope i am wrong and we get more pic of our girl too.
MBC is busy in publicizing there new drama and i can see lot of pic.

So till we get some more pic or new how do u think will our manager and heiress relationship be? I mean are they going to bicker a lot and fall in love or silently fall in love. 

Guest Narda

Words couldn't express how ecstatic I was to read "lee dong wook AND lee dae hee reunion"
Can you believe after 9 years, they'd be together again?I thought the chances of that happening were slim to none!
Was the production's decision to cast them based on public demand?'cause I was (silently) demanding :)) for a reunion right after My Girl. 
It is a MUST that LJK do a cameo. After all, this is a hotel drama and guest/extras are needed.But the fact that this is a HOTEL drama will surely have some semblance to My Girl.(do I foresee parodies?) just this time, their roles are reversed.I hope that even though the synopsis makes for a typical kdrama,the execution and the script is different and interesting!

@Narda, welcome here and I totally agree with all you said :)
I think if it was because of public demand it would have been much earlier than this ;) but we may need to wait till the media interview our cast and leads to know how this long waited and almost impossible reunion happens. Is it just the fate that made them come together once again or they seek each other to make this drama together??? ;)
And while we have a really good cast here, but yes lets hope the script and execution do justice to them and this reunion so that we don't see this cast wasted. At least give this old recycled story a new feeling.
@Annya, why are doing this to me dear? don't make me think about that because just the idea and thought of a scene between this couple is making me go crazy already and can't wait even 1 more hour to see this drama :D
I think our couple here will fall in love unconsciously, what I guess is that there will be some clashes and argument between the two of them because of their much different personalities and our ignorant and inexperienced heiress who need to step up and take charge of the hotel.

Guest snowflakesj16

Gangwon Province's Governor Choi Moon Soon makes a surprise visit to "Hotel King" filming siteChoemunsun Gangwon branch (right) is filming new MBC weekend visit yideokhwa Special Hotel King (center) and share a handshake. / MBC provides
2014030711065994982_20140307111223_2.jpg
Source: http://news.newsway.co.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2014030711065994982&md=20140307111233_AO

aigooo! Wookie is so handsome... I want to see Da Hae pictures from shooting Hotel King too...I expect next week they will release the first trailer and they will release more updates...
don't worry guys if ever MBC won't have proper marketing of this drama...this will still be a success imagine this is a reunion of two Hallyu Star..just likeSBS Man from the stars they didn't much invest in that drama not like what they did in the Heirs..but then Man from the stars became a big hit... Maybe Hotel King have such an expensive production so MBC is having a hard time in marketing it...
We will all look forward to this drama...
anyway here's my fan art again...same pics but different colors...
12986694423_9e49f000cf_o.jpg

12986558405_ee9bbdb8c3_o.jpg

sorry it's not that polished....
waiting for more updates again... :-*

@dvee_yong, I searched and it seems that Pyeongchang is in Gangwon province and it explains what Seulong said and now the visit of the governor :)
@snowflakesj16, thanks for the news and pictures :x
@samzz, I think that DC entry is deleted. I didn't get to see the picture T____T did you save it somewhere? or can  you describe what it was like? :\">
@i.am.bugz.funny, I LOVE this art work. Thanks a lot for them :x

oh sorry AQ, I was unable to download it. Anyway, I think the pic is not during the shooting, maybe during a break, but it showed Dahae talking with a lady, and of course she looked gorgeous as always.
here baidu fans just gave us something amazing again-enough to whale our time while waiting.
full set of pic from the link below
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2905564876

8yvzHnd.jpg

Hi you all, quite some time I'm not posting here since my last post. I should come earlier but too bz with RL. Didn't have much time to comment enough or posting anything here, just be able to get lurking a bit from time to time. But since it's Friday night & I'm finally have enough free time, so here I am. :-h

1stly, wanna thanks all regular peeps here who's fast in posting any updates, whether it's just small news, tidbits, or pics abt this drama to share it with others here. Special shout out to @samzz , @apqaria , @bexyahmed & @dvee_yong & others here, who's never tired to keep this thread alive & updated, despite lack of updates from MBC. U guys are rocks & awesome!!! Also thanks to peeps who welcomed me here earlier. Glad to know how many long-timer K-dramas avid watchers are anticipating & feel exciting abt this reunion. =D>

RtrndJp.jpg

646ccd8ejw1ee3wmfqhysj20xc18gn8z.jpg

Anyway, I love those above new looks of both LDH & LDW. If that's how their looks for their new roles in Hotel King, yeah I like it soo much!!! I'm approve & totally digging it. Love both styles for each of them. Da Hae with elegant & sophisticated looks, suit with her hotel heiress character while Dong Wook with neat & clean cut looks, suit with his hotel manager role. Both of them look amazing!! 8->  

And I know I'm sooo L2P to comment abt this, but all those 2nd script reading & hotel training pics, also this gif alone knzl.gif  :\">

OMG!!! Sooo sweet & endearing. Look how they're both smiling & laughing around each other. Nice to see how their golden & magic chemistry is still there. It totally increase my anticipation & fangirling mode to the max. Also it kinda resurrected my old shipper mode that burried deep down in me.
Can't wait to see them both in action together again after this damn long 8 years!!! Well... it's about time. Singing *reunited & it feels soooo good* hehehe. Hahaha cannot help it. Be still my shipper heart. :x :\">

Abt month to go but the waiting is killing me. Plus the lack of updates from MBC can't help either. Give us more goodies MBC! Don't be so lazy, wake up! U already pissing me off abt the premiere's date delay, now u just adding it by your laziness to update abt this drama. But tbh, being a long-timer K-dramas fan & knowing how suck MBC is, compare with SBS & KBS, esp in promoting & marketing their dramas, it's no surprise actually. But since there's still such quite a time before premiere, hope they could make it up abt this thing later. *finger cross* I want all those stills, posters, BTS pics, videos etc MBC... so I'm waiting here. :-w

As for the drama genre, tbh I could care less whether it tend more to melo or rom-com, either way I can grasp both genre as long as the story is good, I'm go with it. What I more concern abt is the plot & storyline of the drama. God knows how I'm terrified when found out 1 of the director for this drama is the same director behind Princess Aurora & the writer is the one who's wrote Feast of Gods. Never watch both dramas tbh, just heard & read that both dramas were not a good drama. Never know abt Princess Aurora well-known controversy, since I'm never interested in Korea daily dramas; too "makjang" & dragging for my taste. But after did some google here & there, reading those controversy part from this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Aurora_(TV_series) really make me anxious. What a total mess production. Could care less or interested abt Feast of Gods either. The premise itself never compelling enough for me, esp after been informed by my sister that the drama had pretty mess up plot & storyline, or in a better Korean term, it's been called "eongmangchinch'ang". So that's what my sister told me when I asked her opinion abt the drama, since she's the one who watched it. But since we're both kinda have similar taste, opinion & argument, esp abt K-dramas overall, I trusted her judgement.

So given both writer & PD previous premises not quite compelling & have good impression abt it, I'm really hope they don't repeat those same mistakes they did in their previous works in this drama. Please writer-nim & PDs-nim, don't ruin & wasted that gold OTP chemistry u get there. Please give them justice that they're deserve. Please don't disappoint us fans who's fully anticipating this reunion after that so damn long waiting years. Becoz if it happen, I swear to God, I'm going beserk & might not gonna forgive them ever. So yeah, let's hope they'll hear our appeal & give this drama fairly good script material & execution. *Praying hard for this* [-O<

Ok, as a starting point, I think I'm done commenting enough & giving my 50 cents long ranting abt this drama overall. Let's hope we'll get more goodies & updates abt this drama next week from MBC, so we could reduce this torture. To all regular peeps here, keep up the good work guys. U guys are doing great. =D>

Gotta go now, it's past 1 a.m here in my place, so I better going to sleep now. Later guys. TTYL. ;)

@samzz, ooh what a pity that we can't see it anymore specially with lack of Dahae pictures or updates in general. We are into another dry weekend and I just hope we can get something on Monday 
About that art work, I really wish I could understand because I am sure it is funny :D But just commenting on the pictures, could actually GongChan be able to handle being with two Yoo Rin?? :D :D
@shielizda, I am like you keep waiting and praying for this drama and thanks dear for the wonderful post :x
@i.am.bugz.funny, Do you really think they are going to give us trailer/teaser next week? If we took "Cunning Single Lady" and "Golden Rainbow" as examples of when MBC release them, I guess we will be lucky if we got that 2 weeks before the drama air (around 22 March) :(

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting irritated with the make up artists for making all the actresses faces SOOOOO white and lips SOOOOO red. Anyone else bothered by that? Lol. Maybe it's just me. I don't like bright stuff. Every actress in every drama that I've seen this year has a really white/pale face with bright red lipstick. 
Other than that I'm excited for this one. Dongwook is hawt!! 

@ihjj, welcome to this thread.
on being white, both leads are diff in this case, not on purpose or make-up artist. Both have extra white gene, or born with minimum melanin and causes lot of trouble for them. Those who saw Dahae in person described her as white as milk, same with Wookie. Dahae during Chuno, since the production was using red one camera, her extra white complexion became so obvious and was a big issue at that time, -she was a slave, but so fair, so the public asked  the director to de-beautify her, or makes her ugly.

@ihjj, welcome to this thread.

on being white, both leads are diff in this case, not on purpose or make-up artist. Both have extra white gene, or born with minimum melanin and causes lot of trouble for them. Those who saw Dahae in person described her as white as milk, same with Wookie. Dahae during Chuno, since the production was using red one camera, her extra white complexion became so obvious and was a big issue at that time, -she was a slave, but so fair, so the public asked  the director to de-beautify her, or makes her ugly.

Thanks for the welcome!

I know most actresses are white as milk, but it doesn't help when the make up artists give them extra bright pink/red lipstick. Know what I mean? Lol. Like back in the 90's dark lipstick was a trend, I hated it as well, now its bright lipstick. Maybe I'm just too picky. Lol.

Well, hopefully things change up a bit.

@shielizda WELCOME dear. Everything you eirte in your post is exactly my sentiments. so lets just pray together and if you want visit us also at the couples thread
@apqaria @samzz dearies bogoshipo hahahha looking forward for us to spazz over this drama here more frequently
its weekend now and the only thing making me happy is the thought that maybe nextweek theyll give us something. PLEASE MBC

chinggus, we don't have to wait till next week-as reported here, tomorrow at MBC Section TV Ent, there will be an interview with our OTP. yeahaaaaaahttp://cafe.naver.com/dongwookholic/14522

[info] March 9 Section TV Entertainment Entertainment Captain communications coming up. 35 minutes ago2014 best couple男男! Meet & Jae Young Lee, Sung - Min 5. 'Flowers middle-aged' Daehakro jojaehyeon & Romance of baejongok 6. Hallyu star Lee Min-ho and excited at the date 7. Into The New 'Phantom jjakkkung' Lee Dong Wook and that the couple! Please check it out ^ ^---------------------they called the couple "phantom jjakkung"-what is that? but I think referring how powerful the chemistry of this couple.
Maz, get ready-I will off my mobile during that time-for sure

Guest incarnadine_1

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome (back), especially those who remember me from MY GIRL days. Ahh, it's so good to be back. Too bad I could not retrieve original profile, hence had to create a new one that sounds similar :) 
What can I say, Wookie is looking FI-I-INE. Whew. That guy just keeps on getting more good-looking with age. Don't get me wrong, I love me some scruffy Wookie, but let's face it, his clean shaven look can never, ever go wrong :x
Though I get that sense that this will be a serious drama, I hope to see a spunky character for Lee Da Hae sshi -- not necessary as spunky and over-the-top as her role as Joo Yoo Rin in MY GIRL, but spunky nevertheless. That would SO click with Wookie's serious and brooding character.
Thank you everyone for the photos and updates. Can't wait to see more :)

Archived