DAESANG COUPLE 2014: Jun Ji Hyun/Cheon Song Yi/Yenicall ♥ Kim Soo Hyun/Do Min Joon/Zampano

Guest safiresea

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jshen312

Big fan of KSH/JJH! 
Got a few questions: 

1. Are metas really common in kdramas, or is YWCFTS just happened to be particularly loaded with them? 

2. In the history of Korean entertainment/cinema/television culture, if an on-screen couple (KSH/JJH) with a high level of caliber, chemistry, and past collaborative success (The Thieves) are starting to work together more and more, is this a good sign/indication of more future collaborations? I'd just like to know if YWCFTS marks the beginning of many more wonderful years and great works between KSH and JJH. For those who are knowledgeable about Korean cinema/television's tradition/culture, is this a likely possibility? Meaning...is this what's happening right now with KSH and JJH? 

3. I've noticed how realistic YWCFTS is to real life. I'm curious to know how much of Cheong Song Yi and Lee Whi-Kyung's background/history/story in the drama is made up, and how much of it is actually based on JJH's life with her husband? Have JJH and her husband known each other for 15 years, like Cheong Song Yi/Lee Hwi-Kyung have? Did they go to the same school growing up? Is her husband in a chaebol family? Is her husband a powerful and somewhat famous businessman in Korea? 

4. I'm an American, so I'm unfamiliar with Korean society and culture, so my last question is about what the current social attitude/social norm/opinion in Korea is regarding marriage. I forgot where I read or heard this, but I recall JJH mentioning "marrying up" (meaning marrying upwards on the social ladder) in regards to her marriage with her husband. Her husband is rich, powerful, and somewhat famous in the Korean business world. Please don't misunderstand! ---I'm sure they love each other, and that he is a great person. As she is a great person. I mean no disrespect. 
I'm just simply curious about Korean culture/society. Is marrying up a very important thing in Korean culture? Is it especially important for famous people (like JJH)? If she had chosen to marry someone less...how should I put this...less big (in terms of money, fame, connections, etc.), would this have been considered a no-no? Would she never have even considered looking for someone...more ordinary/average? 
Or did her husband in real life just so happen (either by chance or by fate, but definitely not by design/not intentional) to be rich, powerful, influential, and somewhat famous? 

----- No disrespect whatsoever to any of the actors and their loved ones, nor any disrespect whatsoever to any of the characters in this wonderful drama. I'm just a new Kdrama fan, a new fan to South Korea overall basically, and I'm just simply curious about Korean culture/society. 
Thanks, looking forward to everyone's response!!

Guest jshen312

A lot of people are saying that after You Who Came From the Stars, Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun won't do another movie or tv drama together again EVER.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people are saying that after You Who Came From the Stars, Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun won't do another movie or tv drama together again EVER.

What do you guys think?

I think so as it's rare for korean actors (female and male lead) to reunite in another project. JJH and KSH reunion in YWCFTS after the thieves was like a miracle, lol, but who knows maybe it's not too impossible. Let's just hope they will be together in other project because their chemistry is just soooo good :x

• 2 weeks later...

@MayS sorry fell asleep early last night so was not able to translate the article in time. In any case, here is the article roughly translated.

'You Who Came From the Stars' with many interesting double meaning scenes hint at the ending.

rjJxdXO.jpg

Guest kimi5555

What do you guys think?

unreasonable

Guest chagushu

I hope they'll get more pjs together in the future.
I don't think YWCFTS is the last pj they did together.
I love their chemistry n performances.  

Guest rizwinc10

Hi guys~ Wow feels a little bit empty in here compared to the drama's forum.
Anw, the drama ends tonight. Super sad I can't see out OTP again next week. I'm having the biggest kdrama withdrawal systems in my life right now. Have never been so in love with a drama couple before. They look so perfect together on screen. I hope if not a drama/movie they could probably shoot a CF together in the future. Really want to see them working together again.

Hi Guys!!!Newbie here!kkk

It was the shipper's contest that finally convinced me into watching YWCFTS, and I have to say I LOVE ITTTT!!!!!woooooooooooot

I swear, I feel guilty for JJH's husband lately, coz I really really really want these two to end up together...i mean in real life!huhuhu

After all, KSH was JJH's first real kiss in the big screen...and KSH admitted to liking JJH before!waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Plus, they just have explosive chemistry together!kyaaaaaaaaaaaa

so sorry husband of JJH!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I do love their chemistry - yes, it can be said it's partly because they are great actors but I just felt how much they trusted each as actors and gave themselves to their roles.  I find their chemistry even more evident when they hold each other - they looked oh so cozy...^^

Guest yoomin rooftop prince

hi Im new here and also a shipper of the Hyun couple. Im so loving the chemistry, the sassiness, the sarcasm, the love. cant get over about the drama.

Archived