[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

gretac said:

dualnon said:

So who's up for rewatching as @gretac mentioned yesterday?  @galpianist?  I haven't kept the thread page open and refreshed so many times at work in ages.  Good times...

So how would this be done exactly?  Can someone explain the procedure?  uuhum....

Brainstorming possibilities:

Once we're ready to go, we just start! Or

We see if there's a day a week we all want to/are available to start, then comment and discuss our hearts out, and move on to the next episode when we're ready. Or

We be systematic as if it were live airing, and watch one episode a week on a certain day, or in true live fashion 2 episodes a week on 2 consecutive days. Or

We watch an episode a day for 16 days!!!! (but people do have lives, and we do want time to discuss). Or

????

Send out a web-wide announcement that we're doing this :) - ok, well maybe at least mention it on the blog, maybe on some of our other linked fellow fan-sites?

Or...

And...

I don't know what everyone's schedule is like but assuming everyone has busy lives...... and that we all live in different time zones, or to attract people from around the world through the Blog, what if we do one episode per weekend (Sat or Sun) .... or two if there is enough interest.......  we can set a time and do a live chat via this forum or on the Blog...and then we can talk about it/them throughout the week in this thread.....

Live chat! That's the best idea. I once was in a FB group of people who played the same video game. It was fun to all talk together. We set a day and time- usually Saturday- we changed the time earlier and later to accommodate people in different time zones around the world. And just had a conversation like that. You had to keep refreshing. It was fun.

Guest dualnon

@seungshinl said:

(BTW on top the DC post has the SLA music 'Book' the theme of their bike ride to get 'caught' in Episode 15.  It repeats by itself over and over if you don't touch it so I've had it on the whole time I'm writing this post - and these are such great screen captures to boot!  A great find @dualnon I've got it permanent bookmarked!)

I'd like to thank the person who posted it and ask permission to use the whole thing on the blog but can't figure out how to comment there.

dualnon said: seungshinl said: dualnon said: seungshinl said:

Things that look differently now in this new light:

. Seon Jae's room/house was so bright and sunny at the end of EP 16

. the Script says at the end of EP 16, 'Seon Jae's house where he will return and wait for Hye Won'

. the happy, comfortable and content look on Hye Won's face and demeanour in the Prison yard in EP 16

. Seon Jae was touching Hye Won with Rondo as his life mate, not just as a lover he was waiting for in EP 16

. Seon Jae calling Hye Won dear, ’dang-shin’ in Episode 16.

. When Seon Jae called Hye Won a Goddess and didn't like her being in same room with her husband in EP 5

. Going away for a weekend is a full relationship commitment, not a fling in EP 12

. saying 'we are a couple' means more than just being a boyfriend and girlfriend

. PDnim was conveying more than a boyfriend and girlfriend cooking a meal in hanok in EP 12 

. Hye Won saying he should go abroad, and Seon Jae saying he would never go alone in EP 12

. when Seon Jae said he felt like he left bride behind in EP 12, he really meant what he said

Just a few I can think of, for now.

Guest dualnon

@galpianist I know there's a time when we're all here together.  It sounds like @telzey has experience with doing it so we'll figure it out.

btw do you play piano?

edit - How's that for deductive reasoning @doctster6?  Do I have what it takes to be a spy?

gretac said:So, @seungshinl , thanks for the enlightenment!
And for sharing, once again, your awesome translations. You already know my translation preferences by now, so thanks for giving us what the script really says!

YAI nailed it, for sure.

"Remember this is their first private encounter after the pots and pans and Seon Jae's head has been exploding with an earth quake. And he learned that he has to restrain himself around her because their relationship is 'bool-lyoon" an illicit affair that needs to be hidden.  Very unkind to a young man who just had his first time experience !."
Exactly! And this scene is finally SJ's chance to explode, after he'd warned HW that morning in the practice room that he was about to (didn't she respond something like, "Oh, really, what part? tell me" glancing down at his lap! Oh, woman!!). There must be some kind of special SLA Korean butterfly that explodes out of its cocoon instead of working laboriously at emerging. (and then goes back into caterpillar form when the caterpillar wriggle is needed later on? A shapeshifting caterpillar-butterfly with strength of an eagle!)

seungshinl said: turtle1 said: seungshinl said:

Things that look differently now in this new light:

. Seon Jae's room/house was so bright and sunny at the end of EP 16

. the Script says at the end of EP 16, 'Seon Jae's house where he will return and wait for Hye Won'

. the happy, comfortable and content look on Hye Won's face and demeanour in the Prison yard in EP 16

. Seon Jae was touching Hye Won with Rondo as his life mate, not just as a lover he was waiting for in EP 16

. Seon Jae calling Hye Won dear, ’dang-shin’ in Episode 16.

. When Seon Jae called Hye Won a Goddess and didn't like her being in same room with her husband in EP 5

. Going away for a weekend is a full relationship commitment, not a fling in EP 12

. saying 'we are a couple' means more than just being a boyfriend and girlfriend

. PDnim was conveying more than a boyfriend and girlfriend cooking a meal in hanok in EP 12 

. Hye Won saying he should go abroad, and Seon Jae saying he would never go alone in EP 12

. when Seon Jae said he felt like he left bride behind in EP 12, he really meant what he said

Just a few I can think of, for now.

dualnon said: @galpianist I know there's a time when we're all here together.  It sounds like @telzey has experience with doing it so we'll figure it out.

btw do you play piano?

edit - How's that for deductive reasoning @doctster6?  Do I have what it takes to be a spy?

Guest dualnon

gretac said: . . .

I also think this is a part of the alchemy working to transform HW's life, given the discussion of Maria's face reflecting her thoughts, sensitivities, etc. SJ says HW has a sexy brain, but HW is going to need to take care of her thoughts, sensitivities, etc., if she wants to end up with a face like Maria Joao Pires's when she's 60 (energy and money and cosmetics alone aren't going to do it!) Since the camera focus during their second 'caring' that night fills the screen with Maria's face on the Mozart book, and since making love can be such an opening to new and deeper senses of self, I think Maria's 'presence' during their lovemaking, and afterward in SJ's playing is part of HW's transformative arc.

dualnon said: gretac said: . ..
I also think this is a part of the alchemy working to transform HW's life, given the discussion of Maria's face reflecting her thoughts, sensitivities, etc. SJ says HW has a sexy brain, but HW is going to need to take care of her thoughts, sensitivities, etc., if she wants to end up with a face like Maria Joao Pires's when she's 60 (energy and money and cosmetics alone aren't going to do it!) Since the camera focus during their second 'caring' that night fills the screen with Maria's face on the Mozart book, and since making love can be such an opening to new and deeper senses of self, I think Maria's 'presence' during their lovemaking, and afterward in SJ's playing is part of HW's transformative arc.

docster6 said: That is okay, @turtle1. She is hooked on this tall guy, Jo In Sung (drooling over, she said). That show, "It's okay, it's love" is on Wednesdays and Thursdays. She will have plenty of time to check in between episodes. Your Unni ain't going nowhere; she is too valuable for us to just let go without saying, "하지마" (hajima, meaning don't go). You would have to say it with some feelings, like Yoon Soo Wan in Angel Eyes at the airport, "하지마! 하지마! 하지마!"