[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

chingulinka said: ktomato said: Thanks for that @seungshinl! (decided not to quote and reply the long string of exchanges because it was really getting too long!) I'm so envious that u can read the script! But at the same time I know too if I could, then I'll be like cecilia too - destroyed by. SLA! Yes now that u pointed it out. I think SJ started to hate JH during the madhouse scene. B4 that I don't think he got to witness the 2 interact much. But all he saw at the madhouse was really the tip of the iceberg! But did he even know that JH was just putting on a show? He could have thought JH was genuinely being loving to his wife by asking her to sit beside him, placing his arm on her shoulders, feeding her food, etc. So perhaps SJ was hating JH not because he tot JH was treating HW badly but because of plan jealousy. But of course by the scene where JH brought on the police to SJs home, SJ should have realised then what a jerk JH was.

kalidreamz said: chingulinka said: ktomato said: Did anyone here ever discuss why HW ask SJ not to play with the quintet? I think there are 2 version of subs for this scene. One of the had HW explaining something about the quintet needing to gain entrance into school or something and the other had her saying that the quintet was not up to SJs standard. The latter remark was quite mean. I tot it might be a moment of anger kind of remark. HW doesn't seem to be the sort who is condescending towards the less fortunate.

@ktomato
Honey, it's not an UNTIE or auntie =))

Unnie, is how Korean girls call an elder sister or friend, There is no such concept in English, so the best I can translate it with is Elder sister (used for a girl by another girl. Boys call their elder sister something else - Noona).

NovitaP said: I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/
Ooh..I'm soooooooooo angry with the immature writer of that review.I wanna splash her/his face with hot water!! or I wanna do something that Madam Han taught to us in Ep.1.. Put and push someone head into closet!!
Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

ktomato said:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Dear @seungshinl, thanks for the translation! May I please ask of u, if u ever find the time to translate or happen to come across some of these points below and know the answer, could u please share them here:

(1) When SJ first kissed HW what was she thinking? Many pp here said that because HW dropped her bag, it meant that she was accepting or enjoying the kiss. Err.......I don't quite buy that. But I am curious because right after the kiss she urgently asked that he follow her into her home. Did she do that becoz she

(a) realised the precarious situation (kissing in her garage with the door wide open and Kang driving in any moment) and just wanted to get in to hide and compose herself?

(B) felt very turned on by the kiss and wanted to start an affair right away (she did chide herself for being pathetic afterwards)? Or

© her mind was a total blank (she drank heavily just b4 the kiss) and she didn't know what she wants?

(2) the punishment kiss. What on earth was she thinking? Did she seriously think that a hot kiss for a smittened boy by his love goddess is a severe punishment? She did look angry though.

(3) in ep 15 at the carpark. The dialogue seemed disjointed. He asked her to stay at His home and wait for him to return. She responded 'for who's benefit?' then he shouted if anyone's watching. So I guess when HW asked the ques "for who's benefit" she was sort of referring to the spies watching them - wait for SJ to return home so that the spies can catch both HW n SJ in SJ's home. So far so good. Right after that she touched his face, he showed he was a little annoyed (but in a playful way) and the she asked if she should punish him. Don't get this part. Why did he feign annoyance and she threaten punishment?

(4) still at ep 15, that stroll they had, were they really trying to get caught? Why?? And why did Kim tell MH that they are giving up the search?

(5) still ep 15, why did HW pack a toiletry pouch before heading to SJ's home? It was as though she was continuing that game of wanting to be caught. Yet when they were caught, she seemed visibly upset.

(6) the time HW created an alibi so that she can go to SJ (just b4 SJ played Litz and needed a hug), what was the real purpose of her visit?

That's all for now. Thank you thank you!

I can help you with question number one:

She was definitely smitten by his kiss. She didn't slap him or push him away, but invited him in. If she didn't hear from the servant that her husband was coming home any minute, they would have had their first pots and pans night in the piano room.

Rewatch the scene. She not only dropped her bag, her feet also started wobbling. When I saw that I remember I thought to myself: Wow, that's what to sweep a girl off her feet actually meant!

Yes. It did seem to be the way that u've described it. But not a fool proof version. Imagine being strangled or choked by someone. It will usually follow with bag dropping and knees wobbling. I'm of course not saying SJ was strangling or choking HW but he was really using quite a bit of force on that kiss! He did a rough head wriggling and frankly didn't look like a kiss. Haha.

Guest dualnon

NovitaP said: I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/
Ooh..I'm soooooooooo angry with the immature writer of that review.I wanna splash her/his face with hot water!! or I wanna do something that Madam Han taught to us in Ep.1.. Put and push someone head into closet!!
Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

Guest dualnon

chingulinka said: NovitaP said: I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/
Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

kalidreamz said: I offer my 2 cents, he said "it's strange" when she talked about her days study abroad with YW (who SJ referred as "strange" person).  Maybe he could not believe and understand how HW put up with that kind of person for so long, or he was not interested in YW story but "continue anyway".  Phone incident might just be an incident he said he forgot to put back after calling the taxi.  Someone already translated the message SJ text her "Oh Hye Won is silly" or "Oh Hye Won stupid" so she laughed.

Also regarding the scene with the foreign tailor and Madame Han.  In my opinion:

1. Madame Han was just trying to have a conversation, like when you try on a dress at the store you would break the ice by saying I will wear this for my special performance, you think it'll be a hit (since it might boost my confidence), the tailor of course would say "yes, absolutely" or like "with me making this suit, he'll sure be a global hit" something along the line ....

2. Note that MH is not coming from high class and don't have musical background, so she would just ask random question ...

ktomato said:

ktomato

said:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Dear @seungshinl, thanks for the translation! May I please ask of u, if u ever find the time to translate or happen to come across some of these points below and know the answer, could u please share them here:

(1) When SJ first kissed HW what was she thinking? Many pp here said that because HW dropped her bag, it meant that she was accepting or enjoying the kiss. Err.......I don't quite buy that. But I am curious because right after the kiss she urgently asked that he follow her into her home. Did she do that becoz she

(a) realised the precarious situation (kissing in her garage with the door wide open and Kang driving in any moment) and just wanted to get in to hide and compose herself?

(

B)

felt very turned on by the kiss and wanted to start an affair right away (she did chide herself for being pathetic afterwards)? Or

© her mind was a total blank (she drank heavily just b4 the kiss) and she didn't know what she wants?

(2) the punishment kiss. What on earth was she thinking? Did she seriously think that a hot kiss for a smittened boy by his love goddess is a severe punishment? She did look angry though.

(3) in ep 15 at the carpark. The dialogue seemed disjointed. He asked her to stay at His home and wait for him to return. She responded 'for who's benefit?' then he shouted if anyone's watching. So I guess when HW asked the ques "for who's benefit" she was sort of referring to the spies watching them - wait for SJ to return home so that the spies can catch both HW n SJ in SJ's home. So far so good. Right after that she touched his face, he showed he was a little annoyed (but in a playful way) and the she asked if she should punish him. Don't get this part. Why did he feign annoyance and she threaten punishment?

(4) still at ep 15, that stroll they had, were they really trying to get caught? Why?? And why did Kim tell MH that they are giving up the search?

(5) still ep 15, why did HW pack a toiletry pouch before heading to SJ's home? It was as though she was continuing that game of wanting to be caught. Yet when they were caught, she seemed visibly upset.

(6) the time HW created an alibi so that she can go to SJ (just b4 SJ played Litz and needed a hug), what was the real purpose of her visit? That's all for now. Thank you thank you!

dualnon said: chingulinka said: NovitaP said: I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/
Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

Guest junebugg

chingulinka said: dualnon said: chingulinka said: NovitaP said: I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/
Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

NovitaP said:

I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/

Ooh..I'm soooooooooo angry with the immature writer of that review.
I wanna splash her/his face with hot water!! or I wanna do something that Madam Han taught to us in Ep.1.. Put and push someone head into closet!!

Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

That writer should go to jail and reflect on her behaviour!

I'm joking!

I'll hold her down, while you cut her hair. . .

Hahaha........while we are on the topic of cutting hair, how can prisons allow prisoners to keep scissors in their cells?!

ktomato said:

chingulinka

said:

NovitaP

said: I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> 

http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/

Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

ktomato said:

ktomato said:

Dear @seungshinl, thanks for the translation! May I please ask of u, if u ever find the time to translate or happen to come across some of these points below and know the answer, could u please share them here:

(B) felt very turned on by the kiss and wanted to start an affair right away (she did chide herself for being pathetic afterwards)? Or

(6) the time HW created an alibi so that she can go to SJ (just b4 SJ played Litz and needed a hug), what was the real purpose of her visit?

That's all for now. Thank you thank you!

I can help you with question number one:

She was definitely smitten by his kiss. She didn't slap him or push him away, but invited him in. If she didn't hear from the servant that her husband was coming home any minute, they would have had their first pots and pans night in the piano room.

Rewatch the scene. She not only dropped her bag, her feet also started wobbling. When I saw that I remember I thought to myself: Wow, that's what to sweep a girl off her feet actually meant!

Yes. It did seem to be the way that u've described it. But not a fool proof version. Imagine being strangled or choked by someone. It will usually follow with bag dropping and knees wobbling. I'm of course not saying SJ was strangling or choking HW but he was really using quite a bit of force on that kiss! He did a rough head wriggling and frankly didn't look like a kiss. Haha.

LOL  In normal Kdrama they usually show the girl's eyes popping out when the guy barely touches her lips in the first kiss. Now I'd always think this is a side effect of him actually strangling her.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hahaha that'll be real weird. Imagine after the rough kiss HW pushes SJ aside, looking flustered and half squinting she says "excuse me, excuse me," as she frantically scurries around near SJ with her back bent her breathing becoming faster and louder until u'd think she's about to pass out from anxiety but suddenly she cries "ah! There u are!!" and she swiftly bends down picks something up from the ground and pops it back into her eye socket! Ahahahahaha. Ok. Very not romantic.

dualnon said:

NovitaP said:

I just HATE HATE HATE this review about SLA-----> http://www.zombiemamma.com/friday-night-drama-secret-love-affair/

Ooh..I'm soooooooooo angry with the immature writer of that review.
I wanna splash her/his face with hot water!! or I wanna do something that Madam Han taught to us in Ep.1.. Put and push someone head into closet!!

Sorry..I'm SO MAD!!

That writer should go to jail and reflect on her behaviour!

I'm joking!

I'll hold her down, while you cut her hair. . .

She "wanted to shoot herself in the face..." every time she sat down to watch an episode? "16 hours of pure torture"? There's no need to punish her more I think.

Somebody in the comment section mentioned that playing the entire Piano man song was proof that SLA lacked a plot. But, I don't think any other show could have pulled it off. Did she the transitions that HW went through? (although I do have a question: what was SJ trying to show in that scene? That he was a wall of support to her, without prejudice for her past regrets. Somehow his face quite bland to me - anyone explain?)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I agree no other drama can pull off a stunt like that. Playing an entire song showing nothing but the pp listening to the song. Why do it? I think it's part of the whole arty expression, the lyrics were spot on relevant, the 2 actors are so superb that they can make the whole thing work. Yes SJ's face was a bit bland. I think he was trying not to overact. That scene is suppose to showcase HW's emotion, not his. And also becoz YAI knew that he will have a chance to explain how he felt listening to the song later at the pottery studio chat scene.

What do u think?

Guest junebugg

Folks! My posts are usually ignored, but I really want you to pay attention and participate.
I don't want to lose some of the key posts and analysis done on SLA. I'm in the process of creating a blog to Index them properly. I need a name and thought will ask you people here.
I set up the gmail account for the blog as apianocouple@gmail.com, but I need a catchy name for the blog itself. I like Piano and Conversations (just like the book that brought HW and SJ together: Notebooks and Conversations.)  Planning to have the tagline as, 'A Piano, their affair and Our Conversations...."
So, the address would be PianoConversations.wordpress.com. How about it? Or do you have suggestions?
Of course, @cecilia and @seungshinl will get admin privileges (also anyone else who want to moderate comments,) so they can even post directly/make changes as needed. 

Guest dualnon

junebugg said: Folks! My posts are usually ignored, but I really want you to pay attention and participate.
I don't want to lose some of the key posts and analysis done on SLA. I'm in the process of creating a blog to Index them properly. I need a name and thought will ask you people here.
I set up the gmail account for the blog as apianocouple@gmail.com, but I need a catchy name for the blog itself. I like Piano and Conversations (just like the book that brought HW and SJ together: Notebooks and Conversations.)  Planning to have the tagline as, 'A Piano, their affair and Our Conversations...."
So, the address would be PianoConversations.wordpress.com. How about it? Or do you have suggestions?
Of course, @cecilia and @seungshinl will get admin privileges, so they can even post directly/make changes as needed.