[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest junebugg

chingulinka said: xianzhongfan said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!
In Episode 3, the Script says this:

-선재가 욕실에서 나온다. 벗은 웃통.  한손으로 수건으로 머리 닦으며.

(SJ comes out of the washroom, with top off (topless), with one hand drying his hair with a towel)
This is right before he talks to his mother on the phone and she gets killed.
No one will ever know why YAI/SJ did not appear the way the Script called for.....

Guest xianzhongfan

chingulinka said: xianzhongfan said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!
In Episode 3, the Script says this:

-선재가 욕실에서 나온다. 벗은 웃통.  한손으로 수건으로 머리 닦으며.

(SJ comes out of the washroom, with top off (topless), with one hand drying his hair with a towel)
This is right before he talks to his mother on the phone and she gets killed.
No one will ever know why YAI/SJ did not appear the way the Script called for.....

xianzhongfan said:

Would any kind soul point me to the café daum site where we can request for the Director's cut dvd? I know someone posted it many pages before, but since it had been a hectic week for me (I know I know, I cheated and came to this thread many times) but I just couldn't find time to register at the café and etc as it looked a bit daunting. But since the weekend is coming I will be able to do that now. Appreciate.

chingulinka said:The guy is putting on a brave face. That's why he is joking and behaving like it's a matter-of-fact meeting. But you can see in between the smiles there is the sadness in his eyes and his expression changes to a concerned and sad one for a moment before going back to the smiles. And in the almost last photos you can see he is wiping a tear. Somebody talked about that, I think it was @seungshini when she was translating the script and she said that the wiping of the tear is not from the script, but an ad lib which was done by the decision of the actor. He is laughing through tears - what a strong emotional guy! I can't help but love him even more!
Going to real life - I don't know how you behave if you go to visit an elderly person, or a sick person in hospital, or somebody in jail, or in a similar situation. I think if I go to a person in such a situation I would want to start crying for them, but I would actually hold it in. Instead I would put on a brave face and start to cheer them up. If I start crying that's not going to help the person. They need encouragement, maybe even a joke to take their mind off the bad situation. That's what SJ is doing. He is still being true to himself, but he is also trying to be strong for HW's sake. He has grown to be a man, he is not a baby anymore. He is there to support his woman. I'm sure he would love to be able to just take her out of there and protect her like in the mahjong case, but this is not possible - this is jail, he can't even hug her. It's difficult for him, but he holds in his tears, because that's the best he can do for her now.  If she sees him sad she is going to be even sadder. The guy loves her dearly and said he would wait for her. He also confirmed it double, because we heard his inner thoughts! He is thinking about her every day and loves her - we know he is sincere and doesnt lie when he talks, but even more - we hear his thoughts - and people don't lie in their thoughts. This is the ultimate proof that he is sincere.
actually chingulinka, i dont even think that.  i just think that they see themselves as a couple now - they are together.  i see a couple that is confident in each others' love and is able to be honest and realistic about that love too.  there is no guesswork in what they say - there is no need for extraordinary declarations or acts to 'prove' how they feel to the other.  they KNOW how they feel about each other - they are crazy for each other.  thats why he says so easily that she is his home. she doesnt scoff at that. he doesnt need to convince her much. she easily believes this is what he wants and she trusts he will do it.  he says he is not going to leave and she accepts. no need for dramatics now.  they fully love and understand each other.  
PEOPLE!!!! SEE IT LAAAAAAA hehehehehe

xianzhongfan

said:

Would any kind soul point me to the café daum site where we can request for the Director's cut dvd? I know someone posted it many pages before, but since it had been a hectic week for me (I know I know, I cheated and came to this thread many times) but I just couldn't find time to register at the café and etc as it looked a bit daunting. But since the weekend is coming I will be able to do that now. Appreciate.

Guest alexee

junebugg said:

slalove

said:

slalove

said: The circumstances and HW's reactions to both events (the mahjong tiles injury and the haircut) were entriely different.  he sees a HW that was unperturbed by the haicut and even making jokes about it (even though she must rue the loss of her beautiful hair a little bit).  he showed some surprise that there WAS a haircut but since she was herself NOT upset about it, why would he need to be?  while it may not be clear from the visuals that he was aroused by it, it was clear from the conversation that it didnt make any difference to him at all for what he hopes for both of them.

i am sorry you have to read the scenes and the ending so differently and be so upset and frustrated about it.

Guest xianzhongfan

chingulinka said: xianzhongfan said:

Guest alexee

junebugg said: cecilia said: read a super insightful post on dc today as to why Sj might have said 10 yrs instead of forever during his prison visit.. and its way more romantic than u can think!! The clue is is during thd hongdae scene in ep 15!!!! haha i feel ive been released of the lasy inkling of sadness from the ending lol i will be writing a very long post tonight i guess haha

Guest xianzhongfan

bubblechoco said:

xianzhongfan

said:

slalove said: chingulinka said:The guy is putting on a brave face. That's why he is joking and behaving like it's a matter-of-fact meeting. But you can see in between the smiles there is the sadness in his eyes and his expression changes to a concerned and sad one for a moment before going back to the smiles. And in the almost last photos you can see he is wiping a tear. Somebody talked about that, I think it was @seungshini when she was translating the script and she said that the wiping of the tear is not from the script, but an ad lib which was done by the decision of the actor. He is laughing through tears - what a strong emotional guy! I can't help but love him even more!
Going to real life - I don't know how you behave if you go to visit an elderly person, or a sick person in hospital, or somebody in jail, or in a similar situation. I think if I go to a person in such a situation I would want to start crying for them, but I would actually hold it in. Instead I would put on a brave face and start to cheer them up. If I start crying that's not going to help the person. They need encouragement, maybe even a joke to take their mind off the bad situation. That's what SJ is doing. He is still being true to himself, but he is also trying to be strong for HW's sake. He has grown to be a man, he is not a baby anymore. He is there to support his woman. I'm sure he would love to be able to just take her out of there and protect her like in the mahjong case, but this is not possible - this is jail, he can't even hug her. It's difficult for him, but he holds in his tears, because that's the best he can do for her now.  If she sees him sad she is going to be even sadder. The guy loves her dearly and said he would wait for her. He also confirmed it double, because we heard his inner thoughts! He is thinking about her every day and loves her - we know he is sincere and doesnt lie when he talks, but even more - we hear his thoughts - and people don't lie in their thoughts. This is the ultimate proof that he is sincere.
actually chingulinka, i dont even think that.  i just think that they see themselves as a couple now - they are together.  i see a couple that is confident in each others' love and is able to be honest and realistic about that love too.  there is no guesswork in what they say - there is no need for extraordinary declarations or acts to 'prove' how they feel to the other.  they KNOW how they feel about each other - they are crazy for each other.  thats why he says so easily that she is his home. she doesnt scoff at that. he doesnt need to convince her much. she easily believes this is what he wants and she trusts he will do it.  he says he is not going to leave and she accepts. no need for dramatics now.  they fully love and understand each other.  
PEOPLE!!!! SEE IT LAAAAAAA hehehehehe

bubblechoco said:

xianzhongfan

said:

cecilia said: read a super insightful post on dc today as to why Sj might have said 10 yrs instead of forever during his prison visit.. and its way more romantic than u can think!! The clue is is during thd hongdae scene in ep 15!!!! haha i feel ive been released of the lasy inkling of sadness from the ending lol i will be writing a very long post tonight i guess haha

alexee said: junebugg said: cecilia said: read a super insightful post on dc today as to why Sj might have said 10 yrs instead of forever during his prison visit.. and its way more romantic than u can think!! The clue is is during thd hongdae scene in ep 15!!!! haha i feel ive been released of the lasy inkling of sadness from the ending lol i will be writing a very long post tonight i guess haha

Guest junebugg

Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...
I have never had to face denial over a drama in my life! Like Ever! I'm not even sure, if I should be embarrassed about this sentiment, or glad that there is one such epochal event in the history of K-drama that could bring about it. Are you going through this too?

junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...
I have never had to face denial over a drama in my life! Like Ever! I'm not even sure, if I should be embarrassed about this sentiment, or glad that there is one such epochal event in the history of K-drama that could bring about it. Are you going through this too?

Guest junebugg

luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...