[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

WATCH THIS (or u will regret it)

those with a good ear will be able to tell what yoo ah in id actually playing and which part of the music is the recording that is being played in the background

even so I just even...to play notes that that in harmony and tempo to the real thig is no easy task

i want to see more practice vids!!

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=fashionking&no=79889&page=1

@ktomato: .... I think SJ probably could accept HW with those life changes.  Not much left for a great drama.   Maybe a romantic comedy like A WITCH's romance ( which I am liking more and more) or most likely a sensational "noona romance" just for higher ratings like that media critic described.

Guest dualnon

slalove said:

slalove

said: The circumstances and HW's reactions to both events (the mahjong tiles injury and the haircut) were entriely different.  he sees a HW that was unperturbed by the haicut and even making jokes about it (even though she must rue the loss of her beautiful hair a little bit).  he showed some surprise that there WAS a haircut but since she was herself NOT upset about it, why would he need to be?  while it may not be clear from the visuals that he was aroused by it, it was clear from the conversation that it didnt make any difference to him at all for what he hopes for both of them.

i am sorry you have to read the scenes and the ending so differently and be so upset and frustrated about it.

Guest dualnon

Does this help in any way? 

From http://episodes-outside-seoul.tumblr.com/post/85864151858/secret-l-o-v-e-affair-15

Secret Love Affair might be over, but it will live forever in my heart. Which is why I’m rewatching episode 15.

Now that the script is available, there’s been some discussion about a change in the scene when Sun Jae visits Hye Won in prison. The script apparently says something like “We have to live together, if it’s for one year or for the rest of our lives.” But in the show itself, Sun just says “one year or ten years.”

I think the revised version is meant to link back to the beginning of this episode, when Sun Jae mentions he heard that the passion disappears after people have been together for ten years. Hye Won points out that every couple is different—just look at Professor Jo and his wife.

“Ten years” becomes their own code, a reminder that no two relationships are the same, and that passion is something that can last for as long as we want it.

I think the revised version is meant to link back to the beginning of

this episode, when Sun Jae mentions he heard that the passion

disappears after people have been together for ten years. Hye Won points

out that every couple is different—just look at Professor Jo and his

wife.

“Ten years” becomes their own code, a reminder that no two

relationships are the same, and that passion is something that can last

for as long as we want it.

Guest dualnon

I think the revised version is meant to link back to the beginning of this episode, when Sun Jae mentions he heard that the passion disappears after people have been together for ten years. Hye Won points out that every couple is different—just look at Professor Jo and his wife.

“Ten years” becomes their own code, a reminder that no two relationships are the same, and that passion is something that can last for as long as we want it.

I think the revised version is meant to link back to the beginning of

this episode, when Sun Jae mentions he heard that the passion

disappears after people have been together for ten years. Hye Won points

out that every couple is different—just look at Professor Jo and his

wife.

“Ten years” becomes their own code, a reminder that no two

relationships are the same, and that passion is something that can last

for as long as we want it.

@slalove said:

I read it to refer to the conversation with makgui hyung when makgui hyung was trying to make him feel better from

having left his bride with some other punk and hyung / HW told him that couples together so long prob not sleeping in same bed. which is the Same as having lost the passion

Yes, that's where SJ got it originally but he brought it up to HW as they were walking and holding hands. So he unknowingly gives back her own words and she disputes them.  I like the connection, the fact that he doesn't know who makgui hyung is, and that occasionally it comes back to bite her.

Omo! we are in agreement again!! but yes. her response this time is to dispute that it would be the same for all couples. :)

@dodami : ..... Belated thank you for insightful post earlier about meaning og hair=cutting in Korea.  When I first saw it raw online. I thought they admired her and were cutting pieces to save as valuable souvenirs or like religious-like, precious "relics".HW went back to sleep without fear for her life.

Just finished watching the last episode. I admittedly read some posts prior to watching these last 2 episodes and have braced myself for an ending that is surprising.

Well, I am surprised because I was satisfied. It was afterall not about the 'secret love affair' but about OHW's triumph over her old self and of course LSJ's love . SLA reminds me of this writings of Lao Tzu in Tao Te Ching,

If you want to be reborn, let yourself die.

If you want to be given everything, give everything up.

In my heart, OHW and LSJ will be doing their own "on the road" gig someday with nary a care in the world. :)

Thank you for all the wonderful and hilarious insights shared on this thread. It's so nice to meet you all. Khamsamida chingus!

To all the people who have helped creats SLA, to KHA and YAI, thank you. Your's is a story so beautifully made and will be on my all time favorite list. All the best to you all!

turtle1 said: ktomato said: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @turtle1 someone mentioned that his seemingly unserious attitude in jail is to lighten the mood for HW to not make her feel any worse and depressed. I think it is believable that SJ actually thought that even tho its quite a silly thought. Someone else highlighted that SJ's overly protective nature over his Goddess disappeared at the jail shown by his lack of concern at the fact that HW was physically abused by unnies in jail. He's experienced jail (much milder version since it was like the 'out patient' type for overnight lock ups only) very briefly and even then he was traumatized. How can he react so nonchalantly over HW's situation. Ok this part gets to me. I don't get the change in attitude too. Perhaps they should've portrayed it as some hidden emotion and have him breakdown and cry after the visit or go home and snip away his food ahjumma's hair to express his hidden pain. Hahaha. That would've assuaged my pain at his indifference! But I disagree with u that he's given up on being with HW. His VoiceOver about touching her everyday. Whether it was his inner thought or a letter to HW (which is it anyway btw?) we know he loves her dearly and thinks of her everyday. He said he'll be back and YAI said that its a happy ending because he said he'll be back. So he'll be back.

Something just came to me. 

So Kang and Hye Won have been married for 10 years I think ? 
I think it's safe to assume that they have had separate beds for at least 5 years. 
So no pots and pans for Hye Won in the past 5 years. 
And then suddenly with Sun Jae, it's happening twice in one night. 
I mean can it really be helped with a guy like Sun Jae who finds feet, and even Hye Won in a prison uniform with uneven hair sexy? 

So my question is, how in the world did Hye Won live like that for the past 5 years? She had to have had at the least some solo action right? 

dualnon said: Does this help in any way? 

From http://episodes-outside-seoul.tumblr.com/post/85864151858/secret-l-o-v-e-affair-15

Secret Love Affair might be over, but it will live forever in my heart. Which is why I’m rewatching episode 15.

Now that the script is available, there’s been some discussion about a change in the scene when Sun Jae visits Hye Won in prison. The script apparently says something like “We have to live together, if it’s for one year or for the rest of our lives.” But in the show itself, Sun just says “one year or ten years.”

SennaR said: Something just came to me. 

I think it's safe to assume that they have had separate beds for at least 5 years. 
I mean can it really be helped with a guy like Sun Jae who finds feet, and even Hye Won in a prison uniform with uneven hair sexy? 

So my question is, how in the world did Hye Won live like that for the past 5 years? She had to have had at the least some solo action right? 

Guest xianzhongfan

seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!
In Episode 3, the Script says this:

-선재가 욕실에서 나온다. 벗은 웃통.  한손으로 수건으로 머리 닦으며.

(SJ comes out of the washroom, with top off (topless), with one hand drying his hair with a towel)
This is right before he talks to his mother on the phone and she gets killed.
No one will ever know why YAI/SJ did not appear the way the Script called for.....

kalidreamz said: SennaR said: Something just came to me. 

SennaR said: kalidreamz said: SennaR said: Something just came to me. 

kalidreamz said: SennaR said: kalidreamz said: SennaR said: Something just came to me.