[Movie 2014] Kundo: Age of the Rampant 군도:민란의 시대

czakhareina

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kundo's Ha Jung Woo Shaved head is no cause of worrycredit Newsen
Ha Jung Woo and Yoon Jong Bin has been making movies together and the latest is Kundo: Age of Ramphant. This is the fourth movie they would be working together in the span of 10 years friendship.Yoon Jong Bin's directorial debut was in the movie "The Unforgiven" (2005) until Kundo, Ha Jung woo has been in his 4 movies together. At that time, the 26 year old film director Yoon Jong bin made the movie as a graduate student film thesis. It became a hot topic film since it was invited for screening for Cannes Un Certain regard even though it was his first fim

read more: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201406170844330510

Ha Jeong-woo a Tireless Challenger—Why “KUNDO: Age of the Rampant” Is Promising

movies_newss_0610.jpg

Actor Ha Jeong-woo will undergo yet another transformation in the movie “KUNDO: Age of the Rampant” (director Yun Jong-bin). Needless to say, this transformation looks interesting, again. Ha Jeong-woo joined the team of his long-time movie partner, director Yun Jong-bin, who gained the trust of both movie critics and fans with “Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time.” This time, Yun turns back the hands of time to the Joseon Dynasty and recaptures the “age of the rampant.”  

At the movie press conference held on the 10th, Ha Jeong-woo commented, “I always enjoy Yun Jong-bin’s movies and trust him. This movie was fun too, but I chose it because I was hooked by the character.” Ha Jeong-woo appears as “Dochi,” a member of a group of heroic outlaws. Ha shaved his head and wore a false beard to portray a rugged image of a thug who flits between a butcher and an outlaw. His acting brings out both the purity and the strength of his character. 

The audience can look forward to seeing more masterful acting by Ha Jeong-woo. Having earned the confidence of both the production team and the audience with his professional attitude and sincerity, Ha Jeong-woo did everything that was asked of him on the set, including shaving his head, wearing a beard, horseback riding, and knife fights. He said that the hardest part was horseback riding and putting on a fake beard.

“The fake beard was such a pain. My task was to accept that pain with grace,” he explained.

“Horseback riding was also difficult. It was scary because I had to ride the horse at the top speed,” he continued. “I fell off a horse during one of my shoots for a period drama, and I vowed then that I’d never ride one again. When I read the horseback riding scene in the script, I asked if I could just run instead. The director told me to stop joking. So I started with a counseling session with my horseback riding teacher. The biggest obstacles of this movie were the beard and the horse.”

His action scenes are something to look forward to. Under the instructions of the martial arts director Jeong Du-hong, Kang Dong-won handles a long sword and Ha Jeong-woo a short blade, creating two distinct action styles. Ha Jeong-woo’s fans can look forward to seeing his image transformation and mastery of action scenes in the upcoming movie.  

credit KOFICE | june 18 2014

Hi everyone,

KDW and the rest of the Kundo cast (Ha Jung Woo, Lee Sung Min, Jo Jin Jung, Ma Dong Seok, Yoon Ji Hye) will be having a 'Movie Talk LIVE' by Naver Movie on June 30, 21:00 (9 PM) KST.
This Movie Talk LIVE will be like a mini red carpet event where netizens will have unique an opportunity to participate and ask actors in a question and answer portion. Some BTS and action making videos will also be revealed to the public. 
Source: Sports Seoul

credit @AnJilaah from Kang Dong Won Soompi thread | June 18 2014

'KUNDO: Age Of The Rampant' Stars Korea's Leading Actors
4gh2x8nild1bwk6vzs8sj12vizo2p7hj.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun / photo by Kim Chi Yoon] New film 'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' held a production press conference at COEX Megabox in Seoul. 
'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' is  when righteous outlaw KUNDO, who stole goods from corrupt officials for citizens, fighting against wealthy class back in Chosun Dynasty. 
The film, starring Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won, Lee Sung Min, Cho Jin Woong and Kim Sung Kyun as main casts, will be released in theaters on July 23.

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Film stills of Ha Jung-woo in “Kundo: Age of the Rampant” revealedFilm stills of actor Ha Jung-woo in the historical blockbuster “Kundo: Age of the Rampant” were revealed on Wednesday.
20140625000936_0.jpg
The photo on the left shows the actor playing Dolmuchi, an obedient and humble butcher, before facing the brutality of the yangban elite class. The photo on the right, on the other hand, depicts the butcher turned into the rebellious head of Kundo, a civil resistance movement, determined to fight against the exploitative upper class until his dying day. 

The history-based action film is based on a civil uprising in the mid-19th century, during the Joseon era. 

Actor Kang Dong-won costarred in the film as Ha’s rival character Jo-yoon, an illegitimate son of a powerful elite family who leads the royal troops to suppress Kundo.

The film launches in theaters on July 23. 

By Chung Joo-won (joowonc@heraldcorp.com) | June 25 2014 | LINK HERE

"KUNDO" Kang Dong-won practices action

photo451670.jpg
The most anticipated film this summer is "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" starring Kang Dong-won.
Kang Dong-won, in the role of Jo Yoon, performed all action scenes on his own without a stunt double. He's also been training for four months prior to the intense action scenes which he's had to perform during production. His training included swinging the sword hundreds of times every day at action school.
Unlike the action he showed in the previous film "Duelist", the action here required a lot more strength, as the sword was made especially for him. He's restricted himself to a strict rule which is repeating the same moves hundreds of times, boosting his strength. Not only that, he's also been focusing on weight training since he faces a huge army by himself in the film.
Kang Dong-won said, "I am sure there are people who are better than me and can perform stunts for me, but I think it'd be more interesting for the audience if I did the action myself".
"KUNDO: The Age of the Rampant" is an historical action film about an army of honest soldiers who join forces with the people of the country during times of corruption and exploitation. Ha Jeong-woo stars in this movie as Do Chi and Kang Dong-won stars as his opponent Jo Yoon. Other casts include Jo Jin-woong, Ma Dong-seok, Yoon Ji-hye, Jeong Man-sik, Kim Seong-gyoon, Kim Jae-yeong, Lee Kyeong-yeong and other famous stars. To be released on the 23rd of July.photo451669.jpg
source: Isplus credit Hancinema | june 25 2014

Archived