[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

Guest khiza

I just want to  share an insight "please remember me" quote of Jae Hee on the verge of being taken away and dying. (Since I saw it again here after the drama has ended and being seen in a negative light again.) 
I read something before or maybe heard it in a drama or movie, not the exact words though, when a person dies, if someone close to him/her remembers that person, then he/she is alive in their thoughts, thus being alive eternally. Another thing, in history people struggle to be remembered, to have a mark in history by letting their names be scribed in books so as to people to remember them. I have to apply it here. 
So as to JH saying to remember her, she has accepted her fate back then that she would never be with Hoon. So as Hoon remembers her, she'll be alive in his thoughts and not as the JH that has been tortured but the memories of her being the cheerful JH. It's mostly a plea from her. She didn't say the he must remember her. Must being the operative word that it is his obligation to remember her for the rest of his life. What JH used was Please, a plea that Hoon can either follow or not. He has a choice and he chose to remember her. :)
--
What I like about the ending is that Soohyun proved to Dr. Eun that she is capable and they joke about it now. The person who said that she's just the Director's daughter is now proud of what she has become in the OR. Soohyun isn't the one who's nervous & can't perform a difficult procedure in the OR but the one scolding in the OR and knows how to do it. Though, I still want her managing the hospital but it's okay. She's already taking steps. Also her relationship with Jae Joon, most didn't like it but I did. What the ending shown wasn't them being together as before but now it's the starting point, no lies, manipulations and deceitful feelings. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the last episode with subs! Haha im gonna be one of those rare ones who actually liked the ending.
Im glad all the four leads survived and most of all i love how everyone got their happy ending! That scene where Park Hoon was waiting for Jae Hee by the road, that was really nicely done. I could feel his anxiety and how hopeful he was in meeting Jae Hee. And once again, im gonna be one of the rare ones who actually like the idea of Jaejoon and Soohyun getting back together. Though it was some sort of an open ending, but in my opinion, it looked like Soohyun wanted to give their relationship another chance with a whole fresh start. Notice how she kinda shyly looks at Jaejoon and reaches out to his hand first. Well that's how i saw it anyway. :3 
Overall im just happy that each original couple ended up together in the end. I just feel they should have stuck with that all the way through the drama instead of having the whole "love square" thing to further complicate the messy plot. This could've been a great drama if only they had focused on the right things and not be too over-ambitious with the plot. Nonetheless, i enjoyed the series mainly because the cast were just that good! I think they really deserve recognition for this. Without these amazing actors/actresses i probably wouldn't have lasted this long. So great job LJS, PHJ, KSR & JSY! <3 
P.S: Well there goes my weekly dose of eye candy doctors. Hahaha! xD 
On a another note, Kang So Ra will be in the new drama "Misaeng" and I just read that Park Hae Jin is confirmed for the drama "Bad Boys"! So yay! Looks like we'll be seeing them again soon. :D

Guest strangerlover

I just finished watching ep 20  :(( :(( :(( i can't even tell why i'm sad because it's the end or because it's boring omg i'm gonna miss seo hyun the most  :((

Guest ChandraP

The ending is matched well with my prediction. Eventhough Song Jae Hee is kind of different in any KDRAMA leads before (because we almost mistaken her as the evil one) but I never, ever think that she is the second lead. She always be the main lead, with Dr. Oh and Han Jae Joon.

It was beautiful love story.
And realistic ; the point that they didnt forget Jaehee nationality so they stated her as China's refugee is very RATIONAL (i'm bachelor of political science hehe)

And I love how everything is in the right place. Really.

Guest kagiheya

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker since forever ago in this thread and decided to say hi after this drama ended.
I am a Jongsuk's fan. At the beginning, I watched this drama only because of Jongsuk. And PHJ, maybe. I haven't watch JSY's previous dramas and I only watched KSR in Dream High 2 (and I really, really, really hate that drama) so I won't talk or judge about their acting. Both of them did a great job in DS^^

I've been a lurker in both Heartbeat and Quack thread and I respect and enjoyed all of your thoughts. I tried to be neutral. Quackers are so fun (hey I love your Choi Young Do talks) and Heartbeaters are so sweet :)

ZarraJae said: @Rania Zeid LOL at the gif. Even you yourself found writing the same stuff so boring. Shipping with the Quacks must have been so hard cos with you as a LJS fan, there were a couple of occasions when the Quacks were wishing for the ratings to drop because they were not happy with the episode. Well, you have my sympathies cos I feel you as a fan. Anyway, you must be feeling so relieved. Ratings didn't go down for the final episode and no matter how bad the script was, LJS definitely got plenty of attention for his portrayal as Hoon, in DS. He has garnered so many new fans and it's something all fans should rejoice in. And mind you, I'm sure LJs fans are more intelligent than to blame the cast for the poor script. Never mind the haters,really. who are these "haters" (such a strong word) that you are referring to ? I know they are definitely not the Heartbeaters cos we got a happy ending. sLo_panda.gif
Since you brought the subject up on bashing, which actor / actress got the most bashing? We all know the answer to that and we don't even have to go far to get the answer.  All one needs to do is read the comments from Soompi DS main thread, Quacks shipper and Heartbeaters forum to get the answer. Anyway, LJS has definitely gained from starring in DS. His popularity has rocketed to an immense height - just Imagine the 600 million fans from China alone and a DS movie to boot. Oh no, LJS definitely did not lose anything and so don't worry your head about his image or popularity. 
Last but not least, l lead a healthy and happy life every day, ( although I hear a note of sarcasm from you)  thank you and it got better for sure with a HoonHee happy ending. At least I move on to another drama, another ship with a happy frame of mind and without any bitter after taste. :DBe a fan, but be a sensible fan and don't go round hating for something small like the ending of a drama. LJS definitely does not get the blame and I heard it somewhere from a fan that criticism will only improve his acting. Hate is such a strong word, and haters even more. 

@Ohohell : kumawo for all the pictures

I am so glad for the happy ending... This ending is what I have in mind from the beginning : PH & JH, JJ & SH... Well I stop looking this chat for a while since I become confused with all the arguments... But I still watch drama in silence 

;)

For me, it is not possible that PH would end up with SH since their age was much different (if we look from the picture with information at page 1).

watch i hear your voice tell me what is impossible in their age gap.

The Finale Episode..Ep 20) Review

As Hoon saved Jang Suk Joo(played by Cheon Ho Jin)’s life, Kim Tae Sool(played by Jung In Ki) said, “I’ve prepared a car and money for you to spend for a while. Hide first, then I’ll call you out to help you with leaving Korea. I’ll take care of your mother and help her with escaping as well.”

While Hoon and Song Jae Hee(played by Jin Se Yeon) were trying to run away, Cha Jin Soo(played by Park Hae Joon) stopped them and aimed his gun at Hoon. Just then, Jae Hee jumped to save Hoon and fell from the bridge. Hoon held her by the hand but Jae Hee tried to let go and said, “Run away!”

Jin Soo came and said, “It’s been 2 years already, huh? This looks familiar. If you let go of her, I’ll save your life.” Hoon said to Jae Hee, “Wherever that river take you, don’t worry. I’ll be there with you.” Then he fell into water with Jae Hee.

Doctor Stranger Finale Review: Lee Jong Suk & Jin Se Yeon Fall from a Bridge

Ep 20) ReviewDoctor Stranger Finale Review: Lee Jong Suk Becomes A Happy Doctor

A year has passed since Hoon and Song Jae Hee(played by Jin Se Yeon) fell into water. Hoon happily worked as a doctor at a countryside.

Jae Hee came back to Korea from China and finally met with Hoon. The couple hugged each other and smiled because they knew they can be together forever now.

Ep 20) Review

Previously, Suk Joo got shot by Cha Jin Soo(played by Park Hae Joon) in his car. Hoon found him and took him to the hospital.

Song Jae Hee(played by Jin Se Yeon) said to Hoon, “This patient is seriously injured. If he wakes up, your mother would be in danger. He was going to receive a heart surgery anyways. We can just say he didn’t survive during the surgery.” As Hoon said no, Jae Hee continued, “Look at him! This is Jang Suk Joo. You took out my father’s kidney because of him. This time it’s to save you, me and your mother’s life.”

Hoon replied, “My father took a bullet so I could be a doctor who saves people’s lives. Whoever’s lying in front of me is my patient. This man has exactly the same heart as other patients we had.”

Doctor Stranger Finale Review: Lee Jong Suk Saves Cheon Ho Jin’s Life

Ep 20) Review

In the last episode of Doctor Stranger, Han Jae Joon(played by Park Hae Jin) and Oh Soo Hyun(played by Kang So Ra) got back together.

Previously, Jae Joon and Soo Hyun’s father apologized to each other, and Soo Hyun apologized to Jae Joon as well.

Doctor Stranger Finale Review: Park Hae Jin & Kang So Ra are Back Together

ah, what to say about the mess in this drama. I liked the first 6 episodes.
I hated the ones where his lip is split
(looks like it hurt and took a while to heal:/)
and the general confusion.
 Why couldn't they keep it simple?

This shamble with  president getting a 5 min long saver operation
and recovering immediately oh boy is it for 3 year olds or what?
The way I see it, they should have just skipped the political richard simmons and made a good trag-comedy.
Get it tragedy+comedy.

Everything is almost believable in this drama.
Shows some true emotions

(they love each other till the end, thank god there are still monogamous man&woman around.
yes, ppl we aren't all extinct! praise the lord, we're still roaming around and boring you to death
 with no saucy age gaps or identical gonads ahahahahahahahahaha)

and values that are almost found only in folk tales and some really old carvings in caves XD

This drama wasn't memorable
 (but then again which one is, taste changes with age and rewatching anyway)
 but the only thing that could have made it worse is character death so thank you budha
 that they all survived because it would be a pointless death.

(ohohoh I still haven't forgiven them for Soo's death in A heartless city or Kim Nam Gil's in QSD
 or Bad guy and there's more pointless characters deaths that were done only as means to improve
 the show or add a serious note which was a major FAIL)

I dunno, Fashion king ended very well if you ask me.
Oh, yes I can't put my finger on it but it just felt right watching the show.

Quack quack was really also total waste of screen time if you ask me.
 Blatant fan service so he can be aegyo in a serious political drama  tragcomedy show.
BLAH.
But he got one thing right....the main actor.
With this much richard simmons gone bad in your life.....all you can do is be a quack and laugh.

Learn well from this show, children.
And show it to your kids.
I think they should retitle it : Lessons in life: to be happy is to have a moral value and never break it.

Guest FarahN1430293927

it's already END ~~~ ㅜㅜ.ㅜㅜ

it was a good damn ending + epic for #hoonhee

just like reading a novel ^o^♥♥

but for me it's not the end ,, i'm going to find and buy that drama so that i can watch it many times xDDDD

apart being my korean drama collection LOL

만세! 만세!~~~ ;)

Guest yborakawaii

can someone explain to me in details what happened in the last part. From what i saw, Hoon fell off the bridge with JaeHee was "supposed" to be dead. Etc, Etc, Etc then one year later, they're both still alive. What i dont understand is HOW, unless Jesus brought him back to life.

Since I've never posted here, I'll make my

38UVSjU.gif

All in all, I'm one of the few that absolutely loved the show from start to finish, and I'm sad to see it go. Was it a mess? Absolutely. However, I had a lot of fun watching and I will never forget the exhilarating experience that I lived with it. From surgeries in barns to romantic struggles in surgery rooms to some of the randommest PPL to dramatic angsting and lurking in the shadows. My fave character will always be Comrade Cha, whose delirious smirk is now ingrained in my heart never to leave it. It's too bad that he had such an unceremonious death, but at least we got to see him in two more episodes rocking those outfits like the boss he is. Rest in peace, Comrade, I'll take your memory with me wherever I go.

O7T6ApF.gif

I was never too involved with the love triangle because it was quite clear who the main pairing was so I just followed their journey as the story progressed. It's sad that Soo Hyun was put in the moping department 24/7 but that's the fate of second leads. In any case, I didn't follow the show for the romance, so *shrugs*. Also, Jae Joon never destroyed the toy castle he had, all because of her, so I'm holding a grudge against Soo Hyun right now. That scene was the one I was expecting since I saw that metaphor castle huhuhuhu :'(

Shout out to the never ending background music. I've downloaded the OST to listen to it every time I need some epic transitions in my life. From the "wooowwwoooo" they used in sad moments (most commonly mum scenes), to the string quartets that still haunt my nightmares, and the epic guitar riffs used for Cha, this show used and abused music cues to enhance the story with some spice. How to forget "I'm just a stranger without you my love", an english line that climbed up in the rankings annihilating immortal classics like "Love is the moment", "You're my destiny", and "Almost paradise". Not a second in silence, Doctor Stranger managed to make me feel extreme emotions along with its characters.

Did we get all our answers? Of course not. We were never destined to get them, ever since we accepted Hoon's magic hands, we knew we were in for a wild ride, and that's exactly what we got. Thrills, impossible developments, epic plot twists, motivational medicine monologues, romantic angst, (non)doppelganger shenanigans, fashionable doctors in heels, everything was a vital part of this eclectic puzzle of a drama. That's what I wanted, that's what I got, happy camper all along.

A million out of 10 points, A+++++, would give all the Baeksangs.

Doctor Stranger manse.

See you all in the bridge of life, hopefully not being shot by anyone *waves*

Archived