GOT7(갓세븐) Official Thread

Guest Yoyo

@adikkeluangman The boys had the chat session with fans on episode 4 of Real GOT7! You can find the video on JYPE Youtube channel, but its a bit difficult to understand the subs since they were using slangs and shorten words created by Korean fans. 
tumblr_n1pf8dcdrT1rvao3bo1_500.jpg
A fantaken picture of Sunmi at Mnet Wide Open Studio captures her using a GOT7 phone case. I thought it was absolutely endearing to see her show support for them through this small action and it also goes to show the family-like relationship within JYP.

GOT7 performs I Like You on SBS inkigayo + the boys congratulating Sunmi on her win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yOXKXC96D0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25z9_T2TKk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvuKiPO1hEVhhSS-HYZjadw
source: jamieee125 + net bestiz

Guest jagerbomb

the boys are so cute congratulating sunmi (as was BtoB).. close Cube/JYP family :)
anyway, their follow up song "I like you" doesn't cut it for me. Girls Girls Girls was boring and monotonous and I like you is just as average I'm sorry to say.
I checked and it was composed by JYP too. I don't want them to have a Brave Brothers song but JYP songs aren't cutting it (since forever w/ the exception of 24 hrs) T_T

It's still early in their debut I guess, hopefully their music will get better. Maybe the boys can start composing if they haven't already.

@sunmi_official: 네이버 연예제휴팀에서 보내주신 귀여운 밴드떡!감사합니다~! 먹고 힘낼게요^^ Thanks to NAVER !! #Sunmi #FullMoon pic.twitter.com/DmstLJojkM
SzW4Hgx.png

@GOT7Official: 네이버 연예제휴팀에서 보내주신 귀여운 밴드떡!잘!먹겠습니다! Thanks to NAVER! #GOT7도돌런처_씁시다 #난니가좋아 #GOT7 pic.twitter.com/ipOz5qYVwB
1uKT8XC.png

Guest duh123

*warning* this may be a long post. I have a lot to say.
So is I Like You their follow up song or their goodbye stage song? It's hard to tell these days because idols don't promote like they used to.

I actually really like I Like You. It's different and it would've been a great debut song for them. JYP hasn't made a good songs in years. 24 hours is seriously an anomaly. GGBG for miss A was also an anomaly. A&A for 2PM. JYP gets really lucky with his artists. It's rarely the songs that make JYP artists popular; it's the actual artists that make themselves popular. They need to stop using his music. He's been burnt out for a while now. While I enjoy how JYPE treats their employees like family, a lot of their employees are seriously lacking in the areas they are supposed to specialize. Like they still have the same choreographer that WG used and she's seriously not good anymore. She has outdated ideas. GOT7 got some better choreography than 2PM has been getting but it's still pretty outdated. I'm surprised that Sunmi's new mini-album sounds different than the usual JYP-produced stuff but that's because Brave Sound contributed to the production. He's not any better than JYP though. I sound like a broken record when I think that GOT7 isn't properly managed and promoted. It's just very frustrating being such a big fan of JYPE artists and watching the management squander their talent because they don't really know what they are doing. I don't like how they timed Sunmi's comeback so close with GOT7's debut. It's not good timing at all.

The realGOT7 episode management annoys me too. They have the videos and they are obviously subbing them before they release the videos on Wednesdays on Daum. So why are the subs delayed on Youtube? JYPE knows that a good majority of their fan support is international and that's why they have always catered to their international fans. This is again, another management problem.

JYPE needs some serious new blood in their creative areas. It's getting really boring. JR's choreography for Follow Me is pretty good; it's fun and goes well with the song. Although, the plane or driving whatever part is a little weird. They should utilize him more often. I don't want to demote GOT7 on their abilities but they are labeled as a fresh group with martial arts tricking. So far, I've only seen Jackson and Mark do it. JB does some bboy handstands once a in while but that's it. I would like to see their dance skills better showcased instead of relying on Mark so often. He may be the best in the group (tricking wise) but so far, he's been the only one to do any tricks while Jackson supplements every once in a while. Like they showcased BamBam in a few performances which coincided with what I initially thought the group would like. I haven't seen much hip-hop from them. I want to see what they showed on Winner because that was vastly more impressive than anything they have officially released. If they are indeed done promoting, then while I love them, I am disappointed.

I realized why the boys aren't active on social media even though their instagrams are still up; they don't have cell phones anymore.

I'll just end with some of my favorite gifs from tumblr.
tumblr_n1euhdAUdd1rsx5gho1_500.gif
The new wild & sexy

tumblr_n1gn1h507O1s0h26yo4_250.giftumblr_n1gn1h507O1s0h26yo3_400.gif

tumblr_inline_n18annxVQv1sy2399.gif
I love BamBam's very apparent crush on Mark. It's very cute.

tumblr_n0xqt1fWUx1rsx5gho1_250.giftumblr_n0xqt1fWUx1rsx5gho2_250.giftumblr_n0xqt1fWUx1rsx5gho3_250.gif
tumblr_n0xqt1fWUx1rsx5gho4_250.gif

Guest adikkeluangman

@pandaaaleaf thanks for the head up. I already watched that clip before but it don't click with me until now. :)
Isn't that JYPE got new building or something coz I watched Girls3x Dance Practice and the training room is not the usual one. Well, they need a bigger place to do the choreographer anyway.
@duh123 like our discussion about GOT7 here so far. well, i agree on most of your part.
I think Hwayoung the female choreographer only in-charge with the girl groups. Meanwhile the boys under Namyoung.
You should drop by at WG thread to read what I wrote about WG and Sunmi. It's more like how they used WG fans for Sunmi promotion. Well, not all WG fans is Sunmi fans and vice-versa. 
I still think so far the promotion that they've done so far is great enough for rookie for this year. I guess everything got setback after the boys got sick and the comebacks of some big names.
What actually JYPE as a whole is need to sit down and have discussion on how to promote and not overlap each off their talents. At least people in JYPE still have calendar to put on their plan. 
Remember Taecyeon tweet fiasco early this year. Maybe part of it that the boys not really post on their IG except only for LIKES. Instead of just sharing picture, they can also tweet. I dont like to see the generic tweet everytime by their official twitter.
After few scandals by other rookies, maybe they just take precautions. 
In the end, I just hope that JYPE not ship GOT7 to Japan. Although maybe some showcase in Asian countries will do. Heard that some promoters in my country already doing survey about them. Only time will tell.

@adikkeluangman I was also baffled by the different practice room they used but then I remembered about JYP's new building. I heard that the new building is basically a training center so its safe to assume that their Girls, Girls, Girls dance practice #2 was recorded there. Also, it's most likely the only place where the boys can practice comfortably without having to deal with fans hanging by the entrance when they leave because it is less famous than the main building. 

Fancam of Mark rushing to save a fan from a falling light at today's fansigning event in Jamsil

source: NICKKY GOT
True to the members' words, Mark is quiet but very observant. I'm glad he was quick at taking action and from the looks of the video, it seems like no one was hurt so that was fortunate. 

I remember watching this last year and was curious as to who was doing the acrobatic flip during the intro, turns out that it was actually Mark! He's the first dancer that exited through the first door in the very beginning and his solo acrobatic trick starts at 0:44!

source: QTDPRO

Mark's dad recently tweeted a picture of Mark as a kidtumblr_n1vkmoy7au1qfgjluo1_500.jpg
source: Raymond Tuan's Twitter

Guest duh123

@pandaaaleaf
Are you sure that's Mark at the KBS gayo performance? I keep watching it and it doesn't look like him to me. The guy looked like he has dark hair and judging by the dates, Mark has had red hair for months before his debut. But of course, it could just be my eyes because JYPE has utilize their trainees before. I know that Mark and Brian were in Dream High 2 in the first episode with JJ Project.

@duh123 I was also skeptical at first but the hairstyle seems similar to Mark's hair when he was on WIN: YG vs JYP. He is usually captured in black or settled red hair (with an exception of his light brown hair in 2011 and orange hair in 2012) before his debut and only started to sport his current hairdo on Dec 28, a day after the performance. I don't think there's any fantaken pic of him on the day the of the performance so it's hard to confirm. I agree with you regarding JYP utilizing their trainees, Miss A was also backup dancers for 2PM before their debut so I guess this is probably why many people are assuming that the solo flips were performed by Mark since that's his specialty.  

GOT7 landed another endorsement deal! 1238107_436978163101715_289301242_n.pngNatuur POP's Facebook나뚜루팝의 새 얼굴! 누굴까요~? (Natuur POP's new face! Who?)

EDIT: The boys were spotted at the airport, looks like they're leaving for Japan again. 2PM is having another public rehearsal on the 5th so I'm wondering if the boys are scheduled to open the rehearsal like last time. 

Guest duh123

@pandaaaleaf Thanks for clarifying.
So it's confirmed that the boys are done promoting already? If so, then that's really awfully quick.