GOT7(갓세븐) Official Thread

Guest Yoyo

Guest jagerbomb

Jacksons instagram (lol at some of the people he follows)

http://instagram.com/jacksonwangjy

& I like how bambam follows Jenna marbles. We have the same sense of humour haha

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeah, I don't deny that JYP got lucky with his talents. Just need someone with that talent to walk in and bamm the next thing you know he will debut. That made me realize that Youngjae not in the WIN epi4. He was like barely 4 month in training.
Sure the boys looks so fun to hang around. I guess it is given in JYPnation although JYP can be strict with his training. To see them chillax during the new year party and WIN just say something about their training environment. 
Did Dispatch release new pictures of the JYPnation New Year Party coz I saw new picture of Suzy.

Guest anya7993

http://fivelive-gotseven.tumblr.com/post/74147694910/realgot7-translations-jb-is-writing

[REALGOT7] translations:

JB is writing invitations to his own birthday party to the members.

It’s the first time JB has written a letter to Youngjae, but Youngjae's a bit disappointed that it's so short.

JB's letter to Jackson: “It’s the hyung who you love’s birthday. You remember right?” Jackson: “It’s his birthday?!? When?”

Jackson: “Just kidding. Of course I remember.”

Mark: “January 6… I’m a bit busy that day, so I don’t think I’ll be able to go…”

JB's letter to BamBam sounds so cute “놀장” ㅋㅋ BamBam: “What’s a 생파 (saengpa)?” “생일파타 (saengil pati - birthday party)”

BamBam reads again. “Mark what is 생파?” Mark: ?? *asks Jackson* Jackson: ?? *asks Jr* Jr: 생일파티 *boys groan that it ends*

Mark to Yugyeom: “What is 생파?” Yugyeom pulls out a stalk of green onions.

Boys are given 30,000 won to buy JB a birthday present. Leggo!

Boys play the ladder game to decide how to distribute the 30,000 won amongst the 6 of them, but not equally.

Ladder game results: BamBam 5000, Jr 2000, Mark 7000, Youngjae 10000, Jackson 3000, Yugyeom 3000. Good luck…

Jackson: “I can’t buy anything with 3000 won. I’ll go to GS. 2+1 deal.”

JB picked Jr's gift as #1. He opens it, and it's just a black, blue and red ballpen rubberbanded together.

JB picked Mark's gift as #2, and it's actually quite thoughtful. He got him a music notebook.

JB picked the gifts after just looking at the wrapping and shaking them. Jackson’s looks hella ghetto.

Upon seeing Mark's gift, Jr: “See, how are you going to write in that?” *picks up his gift, the pens*

Yugyeom got JB chocolate bars.

BamBam got JB really cute socks.

Youngjae had the most money but got JB a T-money card.

Jackson's gift is inside a Shinsegae shopping bag. “How about this design though? Doesn't it look LV?”

JB pulls out Jackson's gift from the shopping bag, and it's in a black plastic bag with a purple ribbon tied at the top.

Jackson wants JB to know how hard he searched for that purple ribbon.

After all that buildup from Jackson, the gift is a bag of 부대찌개 and a bag of 순두부찌개 (spicy sausage and tofu stew).

The video editor keeps pointing out Youngjae's 고구마 (sweet potato) socks. They are purple but toes are yellow.

Jackson's Korean accent is kinda cute.

If this episode gets 100,000 views, GOT7 will do a fan chatting with the fans for 20 minutes.

Guest josephjung93

class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; width: 1100px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"Showbiz Korea – Rookie Idol Group ‘GOT7′
Showbiz Korea introduces GOT7!! - http://www.kofan.com/?p=42795

Guest anya7993

http://2pmmissaftw.tumblr.com/post/74363041567/yup-craving-for-a-jypn-concert

Q: What do you wanted to do as a singer, whether they would become one or not?

Mark(GOT7) : JYP Nation Concert. Ever since before debut, I’ve always dreamt of performing on stage together with other sunbaes(seniors). When I watched the stage while I was still a trainee, the sunbaes were shining on the stage.

I was on Youtube and watching some videos of Got7. There was one particular discussion that got my attention. There was talk about the competition between the boy groups. One person said that JYP wasn't good at keeping their artists relevant. I know that Wonder Girls are pretty much done and they have been done for a while. I was a huge Wondeful. I was also a fan of 2PM. I haven't been listening to korean music for a while until Got7 debuted. But I was under the impression that 2PM was still popular and relevant. Can someone explain to me if that's false?
I personally think that Got7 has potential to be really popular ONLY if they get on shows. That's the same with 2PM. They didn't get the momentum or attention they deserved until they got on a show. A big difference between promotional styles of the big 3 companies is that JYPE doesn't know how to hype up and promote their artists. You have SM that keeps their trainees for a really long time and they develop their own fandom while in training. Then when they debut, they are promoted everywhere and anywhere. YG hypes up his artists like crazy then only lets the public see them for a little bit. That only works for his artists because he spends over a year hyping them up. JYP doesn't have a set marketing tactic except that the debut songs are always never really good except Miss A. They just always get lucky with their popular artists. Wonder Girls with Tell Me. 2PM and Idol Army. Miss A and Good Girl Bad Girl. JYP has had more failed artists than the other two companies and that's because they aren't promoted properly. Got7 doesn't even have their own channel like JYP's current and previous artists. There's almost zero promotions beyond the music shows right now. They should've learned from JJ Project's mediocre results (I actually really loved JJ Project and their music/style). Got7 didn't have their own show and I think that puts them at a disadvantage. I think that they should give these boys cameras and have their vlog. Then put them on social media and have them actively communicate with fans. The market is so different right now with the over saturation that the flips and the good vocals aren't going to set these boys apart from the rest. JYP needs to throw these boys into the public's face until everyone knows who they are because otherwise they are just going to known as the group that does the flips.

Guest katty_cat

Here are some source of Fan Pic.
Mark > http://blog.naver.com/markinheartJR & Jackson > http://doubleaction.tistory.com
Just fell in love with them #JYPNation Fighting!!!! Got7 Fighting

GOT7 to take a break until early February
got7_1390922368_af_org.jpeg

Due to the contraction of swine flu by three out of seven of the members in GOT7, the group will be taking a temporary hiatus.

According to JYP Entertainment on January 28, "Right now, we are making doubly sure that the members fully recover their health . . . It seems we can't avoid adjusting the schedule.  For now, they will rest until February 1 and then return to promoting the next day by attending the Lunar New Year's special of SBS's 'Inkigayo.'"

Within a few days, you will be able to see them again!  Hopefully, all seven members will be healthy and fully rested by then.

cr: allkpop 

This must be heartbreaking to halt promotions for the members, especially JB, Jr, and Youngjae who are sick because debut promotions are important for kpop groups. It's unfortunate that they caught the influenza in the midst of their debut but I hope its not too serious. Wishing them all a speedy recovery and to see them on stage soon! 

Guest adikkeluangman

Poor boys are getting sick. Take care boys and to others stay healthy.
Agreed that JYPE got lucky with their artists. Even from JYP first group g.o.d they were really popular after 2nd album and appeared in a reality show. But their first debut song also popular among the people. 
Their own youtube channel is not in question. I don't think they will make another channel for GOT7. The last video upload on 2PM channel was 1 years ago and after that all uploaded on JYPE main channel.
Isn't it better to upload on one main channel where other artist fans also will watch it instead uploaded on their own youtube channel. Looks at SM, they don't have their own artist channel. Actually, it more profitable to combine all the videos in one channel. I think JYPE do this 1 years ago after YT do the income/revenue policies about the creator or something.
I don't understand about the zero promotion. They already held fansigning session, appeared on various promotional online, radio. Held many interviews and already had magazine spread. It quite rare for a rookie group to get that. If that is not promotion. I don't know what you call it then.

We only can compared between other group and label on how to promote but eventually it all goes to their own marketing plan and budget. Well, since they're on break at this moment. Maybe the team will need to think again. Maybe they already got invited for shows just wait and see. They barely one month since debut.

@adikkeluangmanI never said that there's zero promotions. I'm saying that there's almost no promotions beyond the normal things that literally every other artist does. The fan signing is not impressive. It's a very limited way to do fan service. Other artists have done the same. The radio shows, sure they get on shows but so do other artists. Magazines; again, other artists get the same offers. It's nothing out of the ordinary. It's the same as other artists. That's the problem. That doesn't work anymore. The entire k-music scene is overly saturated. They need more than just the ordinary means of promotions. They should've gotten their own reality show. JYP has the connections and the money to do.

Okay, so they won't get their own channel. But other fan run channels out up got7 videos faster than jyp's channel. What is up with that? I went to search for the latest episode of realgot7 and a fan run channel had it while the jyp channel didn't. That's unacceptable. JYP didn't upload it after hours after the fan channel did. One of the reasons why it sucks not to have a designated channel is that it's so hard to find official videos of them in good quality.

It's JYPE. They have money. It's true that it hasn't been that long since their debut. But I'm talking about in general here. They aren't been promoted well at all. It should've started before their debut. I think you are misunderstanding me. Do you mind if I ask if English is your first language?