[Drama 2014] Cunning Single Lady 앙큼한 돌싱녀

SongMira

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1794704_613077352104567_153277876_n.jpg
NAR must realize that her country bumpkin boy has changed to a sophisticated man...How did she feel about herself?  Did she feel inferior at that point?Let's face it... NAR has superior complex which gets her into trouble most of the times.Will she adjust her superior complex or will it grow out of control???

Guest soompigalz

EP 5 PREVIEW

41XZAUH.gif
*SMIRK* >:)

Icb5FgN.gif
*SCRATCH2*

UZDjsqx.gif

Usually this kind of scene will make our hearts pumped with excitement..
But i guess its not the case for JW-AR :P

Guest silverteem

Firstly hello there friends, I'm new in this thread but I have been following this drama ever since it aired. I'm just here to share my thoughts and hopefully even engage in conversations with you guys. So let me begin with with this post as I've posted it @dramabeans.
2.1 Silverteem March 11th, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Four episodes in and I have warmed up to this drama and I’m liking the over all tone of it. It’s comedic execution is priceless and in terms of comparison, it's very similar to PMAI’s, and I like it that way. Slapstick (as in EC’s case) can be just boring and redundant, if not annoying at times, NAR’s imagination however and the rest of the cast is definitely winning. To date, this is probably the best drama that I have seen LMJ yet (granted I’ve only seen her in BoF and BIG) but comedy definitely is her niche. But aside from that, I also find her emoting acceptable, if not easily identifiable – she has shown shades of this brilliance on her movie Love Radio too. So good for her, as I do like her as an actress (despite her lack in range), she’s naturally charismatic and I do agree that she does have a knack on building chemistry.

As for the show’s premise itself, it has been discussed and critqued multiple times already and I think almost everyone is in consensus that neither one of the pair can easily take the blame for why and how the marriage has failed. Granted, I do root for NAR myself, but I do agree that given JW’s own point of view, it is seemingly just her trying to get close to him again when he’s already rich. It definitely did not help that AR’s last words for him on their break up seems to corroborate that notion. And it also mostly do not help that she’s actively seeking him now, even after he has given the alimony to her brother, and yet again, with her father also suddenly appearing out of the blue. With that said, I do however find it intriguing that JW is seemingly oblivious to how AR’s brother and father acts and operates everytime money is involved. Surely, if JW knew AR’s brother well, he wouldn’t have given that large amounts of money to him directly, it’s just a big NO right there. Which leads to my other point, was JW not as close to AR’s family as he should have been? Surely, JW should have been aware already of AR’s own fears and weakness – her brother and father mooching off herself and her mom. Inconsistency? Maybe, but it’s definitely worth noting about, especially when their marriage lasted for at least 4 years – that’s plenty of time to get to know each other.

@silverteem Hi,it's a plasure to meet u!!!!!!! :D ,hope u will post more often!For me i think LMJ best drama to date till this one will be Smile,You(2009),that was the show that made me like her as an actress and the rest of the cast,if u can resist 45 episodes you should try it...Indeed what you pointed is very true,JW has his own reasons to believe the worst of NR intentions based on hiw own point of view an his own story he made about her...Even so,like you mentioned,they were married 4 years,not 1 week or a month,no matter how busy he was they still had to talk and share some minimum information about their families,i find it hard to believe a person can be so oblivious about all around him...one can find out some information about another one with casual conversation if they are friends(not the super best friends type),colegues in a month how come a husband is so unware of her family in those 4 years...Hope JW will prove me wrong and surprise me in a good way in the upcoming episodes because at the moment he is quite self centered and acts pityful and childish @-)can't wait tomorrow's episode,this week passed so slowly

@silverteem - Hello and Welcome to CSL Thread...

I am glad more and more viewers are getting active in this thread. For a moment, let us forget about CJW. Let us talk about NAR and her friend KMY.  I don't think NAR shares everything to her BFF even to this day about her family.  She never explains the reason when KMY asked about it.  I also think KMY wasn't aware of the alimony money taken by her brother.

It's more like NAR is setting the tone in the relationships whether it's her BFF or her ex.  If she wanted to keep the bad side of her family from her BFF, it goes for her ex as well.

A friend is not the same as husband.  He's part of the family.  i can understand her BFF not knowing, but not her own husband.  She seems close to her mother. AR and CJW were married 4 years and knew each other a little while before too, not really a short time. I don't see how he couldn't have known even if she wasn't all that open about it.  She's not exactly shy and quiet about her dislike of business people.   I can't believe she didn't rant about it at least once given her personality.  Though it could end up being a giant plot hole or could just point to their greater issues..that they weren't all that open and honest which lead to them not understanding each other. 
@silverteem
About giving the leech brother the money... he's either oblivious or he gave it to him purposely because he knew he would spend it and AR would be indebted to him, just rubbing salt to the wound.   I guess we'll figure out which one it was eventually. 

I believe that's a cultural thing... Just look at NAR's mom.  That's her mom's upbringing.  I am not surprised about that kind of behavior of keeping everything to herself and not sharing a single rant to her ex.  Her pride is the first hurdle in her life.

The brother went to Vietnam and CJW lost contact with all of them since NAR told him to get out of her life.  I believe it's the brother who called CJW first in the same way the father went to look for him without making any appointments.  The father didn't know about the money handed to NAR.  The family is in the dark as much as CJW. 

Archived