[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

Hello,

I am a real fan of the show. Does anyone know where can I watch/download season 1- Paris, 2- taiwan, 3- Spain of the show (English Subbed), I been looking for a long time now at it seems that some of the site was already down or the video is no longer available. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 25, 2016

1st episode of U.S. remake of S. Korean TV show ranked no. 1 in ratings

SEOUL, Aug. 25 (Yonhap) -- The U.S. remake of a popular South Korean reality TV show attracted the most viewers on its first episode among its competitors airing at the same time earlier this week, a local broadcaster said Thursday.

The ratings of the "Better Late Than Never" on American TV network NBC scored the highest in adults aged from 18 to 49 at the 10 p.m. time slot on Tuesday compared to its competitors on ABC, FOX and CBS, South Korean cable channel tvN said.

The show, featuring William Shatner, Henry Winkler, George Foreman, Terry Bradshaw and comedian Jeff Dye, attracted an estimated 7.35 million viewers in the age group, according to tvN.

It is a remake of "Grandpas Over Flowers," a reality show about five actors in their 70s going on backpack tours around the world, which was a smash hit when it was aired on the cable channel here.

In 2014, the program's format was sold to NBC, making it the first local TV entertainment show to ever be exported to a major TV network in the United States.

In the U.S. version, the celebrities are visiting six cities in four Asian countries, including South Korea, Japan and Thailand, according to tvN. In the first episode, their trip to Tokyo was aired.

The stars of the variety show "Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece" -- Choi Ji-woo, Lee Soon-jae, Shin Koo, Park Geun-hyung, Paik Il-sub and Lee Suh-jin (2nd L to 2nd R) -- along with producers Park Hee-yeon (L) and Na Young-suk (R) pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on March 24, 2015. (Yonhap)

The stars of the variety show "Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece" -- Choi Ji-woo, Lee Soon-jae, Shin Koo, Park Geun-hyung, Paik Il-sub and Lee Suh-jin (2nd L to 2nd R) -- along with producers Park Hee-yeon (L) and Na Young-suk (R) pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on March 24, 2015. (Yonhap)

August 26, 2016

First U.S. Remake of Korean TV Show Tops American Ratings

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

"Better Late Than Never," an American remake of cable channel tvN's reality travel show "Grandpas Over Flowers," got off to a good start, topping the ratings for its time slot. 

The debut episode, which aired on NBC at 10 p.m. on Tuesday, received the highest viewer ratings among the four major U.S. networks -- NBC, ABC, FOX and CBS -- CJ E&M said on Thursday. 

Some 7.35 million people watched the show, the second-biggest audience for the day overall after "America's Got Talent," which drew 11.7 million viewers.

2016082600887_0.jpg

"Better Late Than Never" is the first-ever remake of a Korean TV program. After two years of preproduction, it was given a coveted prime-time slot by NBC. 

It captures the experiences of comedian Jeff Dye, actors Henry Winkler and William Shatner, sportscaster Terry Bradshaw and former boxer George Foreman as they encounter new cultures on their travels to Seoul, Hong Kong, the Thai cities of Bangkok and Chiang Mai, and Kyoto and Tokyo in Japan.

• 3 weeks later...

September 12, 2016

Action star Park still kicking at 76

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

11190217.jpg

Actor Park Geun-hyeong [STUDIO 706]

He is known in Korea as the country’s Liam Neeson, and with his latest action flick “Grand Father,” 76-year-old actor Park Geun-hyeong is pushing his limits.

His performance earned him the Korean Fantastic Best Actor award at this year’s Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, his first best actor award in 42 years since he last won accolades at the Daejong Film Festival for his role in the 1974 film “Lee Jung-Seob.” 

With an illustrious career that spans over five decades, Park says he’s not ready to hang up his hat just yet. 

Q. What was difficult about playing in an action movie?

A. Thankfully, the action choreographers were considerate about my age and made the sequences short yet effective. I was able to do 100 percent of my own stunts without any doubles. I think the results reflected my efforts.

But after seeing the completed movie, it made me think that what made the film great was the director’s artistic vision combined with the editor’s abilities. 

How did you capture the character of an emotionally damaged man?

I’m strong at breaking down and analyzing characters thanks to my background in theater. My process involves first seeing what the character’s motivations are and how the character will achieve them. I then split the character’s past experiences into segments. Finally, I get into character and act according to those details. If I don’t understand how to behave, I simply stand still. This is my way of acting.

How did you get started in theater?

I first stepped foot into theater during a competition in high school. The rest is history. I entered the Korean Actor Academy, a famous training school for actors, in 1958 in Chungmuro, central Seoul. At the time, there were only two-year acting programs available for college, so I chose to wait for the full four-year course by first studying at the academy.

Your grandson made a cameo in the film. He must be lucky to have you as an acting mentor.

My grandson is the type to ask many questions, unlike his father. When we talk about acting while watching performances, I try to pass on my experiences and what I’ve learned. He doesn’t mention that I am his grandfather to others though. I told him to “rely on your own abilities.” If he becomes well known, he will surely be compared to me. But it’s still good to have three generations of actors. It will be even better if he becomes successful.

If you were reborn, would you choose to be an actor again?

When I think about what I’ve gone through, I don’t think I would become an actor. Gaining acceptance as an actor is truly difficult. When I see actors performing on old and worn-down stages, it breaks my heart thinking about the difficult lives they must have.

How about acting in a melodrama now?

Maybe if the scenario is suitable (laughs). Although not a melodrama, I did act with similar emotions in mind while filming [the romance dramedy] “Salut d’Amour” (2015). I wonder if we can even call it such a genre when we are simply portraying people’s feelings. In the end, it was important to show that everyone, even old people, have dreams. There is no reason to leave them behind even if you reach that age. 

Are there plans for further episodes of [the variety show] “Grandpas Over Flowers” on tvN?

Perhaps. Even if there are, I don’t want to be part of it. I think it’s finally time for new cast members. I might consider it if I get a call from them, but then again, the entire process is very tiring. We wake up at six, eat breakfast at seven and continue walking for 12 hours. Even action movies are easier than traveling. Everything from sleeping to eating is uncomfortable.

But the program will surely have a hard time selecting new cast members. It will be difficult to recapture the special spark that the four of us [the original cast members] shared.

You have been involved in at least one production every year. Don’t you want some rest?

Not at all. I don’t want to be left behind. As a young actor that doesn’t know anything, having a difficult time should be taken for granted. You must work to fill the qualities that you lack. Now that I have finally opened my eyes and earned some reputation, I want to keep working hard with no intention of resting. Maybe if I hit a wall, then I can consider it. But now is not the time. I want to keep moving.

How will you remember “Grand Father?”

I think it will remain as the most memorable film I was involved in during my later years. It was both challenging and adventurous, and I feel that I’ve faithfully fulfilled my role the way it was intended. I plan on doing another film like this if I get the chance. I enjoyed playing the role of an elderly man being drawn into the scenario with the story being told from his perspective. What I don’t enjoy are scenarios where the elderly person are the root cause of the situation. 

BY CHO YEON-GYEONG [chung.jinhong@joongang.co.kr]

FYI: For Malaysian fans, TV9 is currently showing Season 1 of GOF in France at 11.30pm every Thursday. I've missed the France episodes because I haven't been watching tv lately, didn't realized we had GOF. But starting tonight I might try to catch the episodes that came with Malay subs. Right now they are stranded in Bern on the way to Switzerland, Seojinnie made the mistake wanting to meet Han Ji Min but missed the location causing major headache to himself & everyone.

On 16 September, 2016 at 0:33 AM, calypso73 said:

@rubie every time you update this thread I keep thinking NaPD is launching a new trip with the crew! Now that TMAD Gochang is over, I wonder what his next project will be.

@rubie every time you update this thread I keep thinking NaPD is launching a new trip with the crew! Now that TMAD Gochang is over, I wonder what his next project will be.

@rubie every time you update this thread I keep thinking NaPD is launching a new trip with the crew! Now that TMAD Gochang is over, I wondenr what his next project will be.

We are In luck. NaPD' nex project. Is fishing village with Lee Seo Jin! And Eric Moo. Can't wait for Oct 14 

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!!!!

20161010000018097djwa.jpg

i thought the entertainment daesang would go to Na PD...  cause he really did bring one great show after another to tvN and Na PD was the one that discovered the awesomeness and hilarity in LSJs grumpiness....  but I am quite happy with LSJ winning. I guess this is the compensation for all the suffering he did in Grandpas Over flowers.
he is one of the most entertaining persona in the variety show landscape...
and they were all there, the halbaes.. hehehe love to see them together again

Hahahaha I am sure, 5 to 10 years ago if you had told LSJ  he'd win an award, much more a daesang, for variety... he wpuld scoff and tell you "you're insane, shut up"... hahahaha but this really is one funny and deserving award...

I couldn't agree more @czakhareina1, a well-deserved award indeed for LSJ, from his fated meeting with Na PD in 1N2D as the art school hyung to his Seo-genie a.k.a. luggage boy adventures with the halbaes then transforming to Cooking King (Best In Potato Peeling), he has become a force to be reckoned with in the variety world. :D 

I sort of expected that he was going to win the moment the halbaes together with Na PD came out to present the award but it was touching nonetheless. All 5 of them started their variety journey together, albeit LSJ was conned to doing it,  but seeing them all together again in that stage specially with Il-Seob halbae being assisted by Na PD like that brought to mind what they said in GOF: Greece while they were having dinner, they are no longer just travelling together, they have become a family. Congratulations again Mr. Grumpy pants Seo-genie and looking forward to more awesome potato peeling in next weeks premiere of 3MAD: Fishing Village. :wub:

15 minutes ago, feignedreality said:

I couldn't agree more @czakhareina1, a well-deserved award indeed for LSJ, from his fated meeting with Na PD in 1N2D as the art school hyung to his Seo-genie a.k.a. luggage boy adventures with the halbaes then transforming to Cooking King (Best In Potato Peeling), he has become a force to be reckoned with in the variety world. :D 

I sort of expected that he was going to win the moment the halbaes together with Na PD came out to present the award but it was touching nonetheless. All 5 of them started their variety journey together, albeit LSJ was conned to doing it,  but seeing them all together again in that stage specially with Il-Seob halbae being assisted by Na PD like that brought to mind what they said in GOF: Greece while they were having dinner, they are no longer just travelling together, they have become a family. Congratulations again Mr. Grumpy pants Seo-genie and looking forward to more awesome potato peeling in next weeks premiere of 3MAD: Fishing Village. :wub:

could not agree with you more... he really is now one of the most entertaining persona in variety land and yup definitely a force to be reckoned with.. him and Na PD duo is such a seamless bickering entertainment... 
Waiting for people to upload videos of him getting the award.. hehehe such an awesome moment... Hope someone will sub his speech too

Lee seojin at the red carpet

Spoiler

20161009195302187ywyg.jpg

20161009201339830homs.jpg

20161009203804488gouz.jpg

20161009204403298fugz.jpg

20161009204402816ahrz.jpg

20161009205752853tdmn.jpg

1476008619_123395.jpg

20161009191818365mizf.jpg

20161009195855917didr.jpg

WINNERS LIST for tvN award ceremony
Daesang, Variety Performer: Lee Seo-jin 

Variety Icon: Lee Soon-jae (Grandpas Over Flowers),
            Shin Gu (Grandpas Over Flower
            Park Geun-hyung (Grandpas Over Flowers),
            Baek Il-sub (Grandpas Over Flowers)

Variety Content Award: 
         Over Flowers series,

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2015 at 10:34 AM, Niel2804 said:

only need GOF Spain Ep 3- 8 and my collection is completed T.T

On 8/9/2015 at 5:33 PM, Niel2804 said:

Simple Tutorial, Hope it Help :

Hidden Content

PS : i have completed my Collection Paris, Taiwan, Spain and Grecee hiyaaaa ^^

@Niel2804  Hello Niel..do you mind share your GOF Spain ep 3-8 with me? or give me link where could I get it? I wanted rewatch GOF but noticed the original source already deleted so I searched in internet fortunately I could get all episodes except those Spain episodes.

Or maybe other people here can help me please..

Thank you

On 22/10/2016 at 0:29 PM, lummy said:

@Niel2804  Hello Niel..do you mind share your GOF Spain ep 3-8 with me? or give me link where could I get it? I wanted rewatch GOF but noticed the original source already deleted so I searched in internet fortunately I could get all episodes except those Spain episodes.

Or maybe other people here can help me please..

Thank you

@lummy Hi there, i've just checking the link of GOF Spain and it's the link now deleted, but i can help you by upload my video but it need a time, since my connection is badddddddd... so you need Spain ep 3 till 8 ? or 3 and 8 ?

On 10/26/2016 at 5:38 PM, Niel2804 said:

@lummy

Hi Lummy i am back so here the link ^^

enjoy !

Hi :) Can I also have a copy/link of all the episodes for Season 1-3? Been looking for the subbed episodes but cant find any. I am a new fan of the show after watching the season in Greece. This is also my first ever soompi post. Thanks in advance!

On 2/11/2016 at 0:13 AM, glademarie said:

Hi :) Can I also have a copy/link of all the episodes for Season 1-3? Been looking for the subbed episodes but cant find any. I am a new fan of the show after watching the season in Greece. This is also my first ever soompi post. Thanks in advance!

On 30/6/2016 at 7:41 AM, queen30 said:

Hello,

I am a real fan of the show. Does anyone know where can I watch/download season 1- Paris, 2- taiwan, 3- Spain of the show (English Subbed), I been looking for a long time now at it seems that some of the site was already down or the video is no longer available. Thank you.

Hi There, seems more people asking for engsub video of GOF :)

here the Link ^^

Spoiler

GOF Season 2 : Spain

Spain Ep 1-2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9PqfMo-MzjQ2J1aG44NkJJQTA

Spain Ep 3-8 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9PqfMo-MzjYmRvWW9sakJ5UnM

GOF Season 3 : Greece

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRlBmuIIlF4fSWPt6sHegEw

Klik the Show More in the description box under the Video to get the link ^^

For Season 1 i need to upload my video so it need a time XD

1 hour ago, Niel2804 said:

Hi There, seems more people asking for engsub video of GOF :)

here the Link ^^

Hide contents

GOF Season 2 :

Paris Ep 1-2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9PqfMo-MzjQ2J1aG44NkJJQTA

Paris Ep 3-8 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9PqfMo-MzjYmRvWW9sakJ5UnM

GOF Season 3 : Greece

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRlBmuIIlF4fSWPt6sHegEw

Klik the Show More in the description box under the Video to get the link ^^

For Season 1 i need to upload my video so it need a time XD

Oh you're a doll! Thank you soo much!!!

Archived